(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 31
397 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age:32/34

How long have you been together: Five years in September, married 3 years come February

How long have you been TTC: over 2 years

Issues: MFI and undiagnosed thyroid issues (me). It’s been a rough ride the last two years, but we’ve hopefully turned a corner.

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) Just biding our time right now until we get called up for IVF with ISCI later in the year. Otherwise, OPKs to continue timing. Vitamins and getting a lot more green into our diet. Still working on DH’s health to improve and hopefully get to the bottom of his skin problems.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: Goals for the new year: continue my weight loss journey and get below what I weighed when I moved to NZ; expand my wood burning art; save up for a USA trip for 2017 with Jeff; and do one new thing a month. For January- it is having green smoothies at least 4 days a week.

Post # 32
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 26/30

How long have you been together: this year will mark 5 years together (May). We’ve been married for almost 3.5 years. 

How long have you been TTC: since August ’14. 

Issues: PCOS, delayed and irregular ovulation (even medicated) and endometriosis for me. Lower than ideal motility and low morphology for DH. 

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,). Well, after the last round of Femara did nothing and I can’t take Clomid, I don’t know what the RE will recommend next. She said something about injectables, we’ll meet with her on 1/11 to discuss and look at what our plan will be from there. Guessing IUI sometime before summer, after that we’ll be going straight to adoption. 

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: beyond the obvious of getting pregnant, I want to continue making improvements at the gym in my free weights, build my photography business, and have lots of home improvement projects to work on. I also want to try and focus on our marriage more as we’re moving forward with the RE and making sure that we continue to stay  strong. 

Post # 33
4673 posts
Honey bee

Wishing all the sticky baby dust to you ladies in 2016!  You all are so overdue.  

Post # 34
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Age/Partner’s Age: 32/33 (he’ll be 34 this month)

How long have you been together: Together 8 years, married 2

How long have you been TTC: I honestly don’t even know anymore. I do know this is our 24th month tracking on FF, so maybe 22 cycles.

Issues: None known. Dr thinks maybe I have slight PCOS (based on irregular ovulation and possible hirsutism), but all testing is normal otherwise for both of us. Used to have spotting during LP, but that seems to have stopped since being on thyroid meds (I had normal levels, he just wanted me down in a narrower range) and since being on the meds my ovulation now occurs each (non-treatment) cycle on day 19. So yay for predictability.

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: Trying to stay on prenatals (I forget a lot lately). Starting our 3rd IUI next week. If that fails, then we sit down with the doctor to reassess. Trying to have a better diet, we eat a lot of crap and a whole lot of nothing in terms for fruits and veggies.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: To get pregnant I guess. And if not, to learn to be okay with that. To not be sad around others that are. Is it wrong I’m counting down the days until my pregnant coworker delivers so I can stop seeing her belly? 

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/1-year-ttc-part-22/#ixzz3w1ShWR5J

Post # 35
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Also, 11dpo today. Should start AF on Monday.  I never tested unless AF was late, but decided I’ll test early now. I mean I’d at least like to know if we’re getting chemicals. To know that something is working. Anyway tested this AM, and of course BFN. I don’t even know why I was suprised or saddened. Was it really going to be anything else?

Post # 36
Hostess
11050 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
vanike: I do that all the time. And am in the same mindset as you, I would like to know if I had a chemical. FX this is our year.

Post # 37
Hostess
11050 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 35/45

How long have you been together: 10 years

How long have you been TTC: 9 cycles all in all where I’ve been tracking and some cycles trying to do it without since July 2013

Issues: None, had an U/S and nothing really found that would stop me conceiving. 

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) Better diet, I no longer have coffee. Supplements and stick to it.

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: Get fit!

Post # 38
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 29/29 (until tomorrow, when my husband turns 30!)

How long have you been together: 9 years, married 2.5

How long have you been TTC: Since Oct 2014, just finished our 17th cycle.

Issues: Not totally sure, we’ll find out soon! RE appointment Jan 4th, but preliminary testing shows that I ovulate, but my FSH was high, and I usually start spotting around 7-9 DPO. My husband had great morphology and motility, but got 2 out of 4 on a measure “forward progression”, which I’ve never seen anywhere else, and my Dr didn’t know anything about. 

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) We will see what the RE suggests on Monday. I’ve just finished my third cycle on clomid and TI, and I’ve been taking CoQ10 (just upped to 300 mg daily ubiquinol), Vit E, Vit D, Vit B, and prenatals. I’m just excited to see a professional and hopefully get some answers!

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: Other than the obvious, get a baby, my resolution is to take better care of myself physically so I can be in a better space mentally/emotionally. I cut out hot yoga the last few months in case it was interfering with TTC, and I really need it to stay sane, so I’m going to pick it back up more regularly (unless the RE says no). I also need to decrease the amount of sugar I eat — I’ve gained about 5 lbs in the last year, which at 5’2” make me feel really different, so I need to keep the glucose crashes under control. 

I’m hoping 2016 brings hope and excitement back to TTC for all of us, and I’m hoping we get some board grads soon!

Post # 39
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
Ham1320:  Lol at “jiggly bits are out of control” — I totally get it, and I feel the same! I’ve gained a few pounds this year (like 5), and everything is just jigglier/bulgier than I’m used to, lol.

View original reply
EL2101:  Welcome! We hope your stay here is short and sweet! If you are nervous about the OPKs, you should also pop over to the charters thread, those ladies are masters of ovulation identification, and are always happy to look at a pee stick photo 🙂

View original reply
ajillity81:  I love this quote, definitely needed to see this today, when 2016 started with AF.

View original reply
WillowB:  No problem. I hope it didn’t come off as though I was being judgemental of progesterone supplementation, I know it’s a lifesaver when it’s needed! I’m a neuroscientist, and teach neuroendocrnology, so I’m extra wary of endocrine modulation during early pregnancy unless it IS needed. (Also, I reread my first post, and realize that the word “offspring” might be a little weird outside of a scientific context, lol.)

View original reply
Feist:  What a great view! I’m glad you had a nice new year’s eve, I’m hoping all your 2016 changes are smooth and exciting! And congrats Mr. Feist! I can imagine it will take a while to finally realize the stressor is gone.

View original reply
arielmerms:  Boo for drink less on weeknights! JK… I probably should too.

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  I love your determination for 2016! I hope you don’t even need the bigwig IVF company 🙂 Do you mind sharing why you assume your 7 frozen embryos won’t take?

View original reply
debinoxford:  I love “do one new thing a month” — great, fun and doable resolution!

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Focusing on our marriage is one of my big goal moving forward — my relationship with my husband is the mot important thing to me, and nothing (not even a baby) is worth sacrificng that. Thanks for the reminder 🙂

View original reply
auggiefrog:  Thank for popping by! How are you doing? Feel more comfortable? Getting excited for baby?

View original reply
vanike: Totally not wrong to have a coworker no longer being pregnant countdown, I have the same (3 weeks!). For some weird reason I have an easier time around babies than pregnant women. 

Post # 40
1226 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hi ladies — Hope you don’t mind the interruption…I was a long-time poster on this board and know some people still follow my story, so I wanted to share that we finally had our baby girl last week.  I posted my full infertility and birth story here: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/nyckittens-infertility-journey-and-birth-story/

Hopefully it can give hope to those still TTC–we tried for nearly 4 years before our miracle baby arrived.  I am sending all of my love and baby dust to those on this thread and really hope that 2016 brings miracle babies for everyone.  

Post # 41
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: 31/31

How long have you been together: 12 years, married 2

How long have you been TTC: this will be our 10th month

Issues: husband: low sperm count and poor motility. Me: not sure what, if anything. I have a longer time between cycles. My next period should be late this month, I have to go see my RE on the 3rd day for testing. I want to get it figured out!

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) Appointment with RE in January (ME) and Hubby has 2nd SA test. Then in February we talk to RE to come up with a plan. 

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: A baby 🙂
Also, keep up with a healthy lifestyle (gym & weight loss — down 17lbs!)
Work on dealing with my emotions re: TTC/Infertility — been having a hard time

PS –  I read everyones comments and wish you all the best. I wish I could comment more or offer advice, but i’m so new to all of this I honestly usually have no idea what everyone is talking about (re treatments) 

Post # 42
1083 posts
Bumble bee

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: Both 29 I will be 30 in Feb and he will be 30 in May

How long have you been together: About 6 1/2 years, married 3 1/2 

How long have you been TTC: About a year

Issues:  In April I was disgnosed with PCOs. No ovulation on my own. Since then I have done three rounds of Clomid two 50mg and one 100mg. Took a month of for HSG and SA. HSG was clear, and DH has exceptional sperm lol. So we did a round of Femara, responded really well to it better then the Clomid, more follicles. Track ovulation, BDed within fertile window. Two week wait nothing no period no BFP. Wait another week or so test again nothing. So go see the Doc she takes a blood test not pregnant, they do a ultrasound, looks like I am mid cycle with follicles. Wait another week no BFP, no ovulation, no period. Last week started Provera, started spotting yesterday, call Doc they call in another round of Femara. SO thats whats happening this cycle. 

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,) Fermara starting once my period starts fully, OPKs, prenatals, and lots of BDing. If we have another failed round Dh and I are discussing doing IUI. 

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?: Stay more positive, love myself, be more thankful for what I have. And make a baby. 🙂 

PS. NEW HOPE makes me think of Star Wars. 🙂 

Post # 43
1863 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
nyckitten:  congratulations!!! I followed your story for awhile and I’m so happy for you. Thanks for sharing! 

Post # 45
1382 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

And was just told my sister in law is pregnant, conceived a month after their wedding. And I’m not happy for them at all.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors