(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 496
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
lizziebeth1:  Thanks, it isn’t until Mid March, on a Wednesday so I’ll see how I’m feeling about it all closer to that time.

Post # 497
1986 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Real quick check in.  We have one beautiful follicle, will be doing iui Thursday morning and Friday morning, did trigger shot today. Trigger shot was so much more expensive this time 🙁 but oh well. 

Post # 498
1882 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
vanike:  I would totally do it. Mental health days are underrated. 

Post # 499
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
MattieK:  I’m so excited for us!

View original reply
Aqualov:  that’s crazy, especially for a hospital!  Everything is back to normal here today.

View original reply
vanike:  absolutely not horrible to take a day when there’s a work baby shower!  I would definitely not want to be there!

View original reply
accorn:  yay for your beautiful follie

Post # 500
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Aqualov:  glad to be of service, lol! (Well, maybe…)

nightborn:  From a fellow “unexplained” lady, unexplained infertility feels like bullshit. Sometimes I wish they would call it “unexplored”, or ” we didn’t really want to try too hard to figure it out.” Sorry, end rant. But I’m glad you have a plan moving forward! Always better than sitting and waiting.

vanike:  Actually, I have heard that coworker’s baby shower days make the best vacation days! Do it.

lizziebeth1: I hope your IUI did the trick. Interesting about the uterus and endo, my uterus is also really far to the right, but no one mentioned endo…hmmm, l well have to ask my RE about that.

View original reply
accorn:  nice about you follie! Sorry about the expensive trigger. Mine was $25, which felt high given that it was “covered by insurance”

View original reply
arielmerms:  me too me too me too!!!

Has anyone explored immune factors and infertility? I have a few auto immune-y things (psoriasis, big family history of Hashimotos, allergic to EVERYTHING), and I read from one RE that DOR may be auto immune, but it seems pretty controversial in the field. Anyone looked into this/spoken to their RE about it?

Post # 501
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

View original reply
MattieK:  Interesring. I have asked my RE about it not but I’m DOR and my family has HUGE autoimmune issues. My mom had 8! different autoimmune diseases, my dad has Wegner’s, my brother had (has? he’s 31 now and still has RA) juvenile rheumatiod arthritis and I have endo and fibromyalgia, and possibly more. I haven’t been back to my rheumatologist since TTC because I can’t take any of their meds safely while TTC, but many symptoms have gotten worse in the last 3 years. I assumed my DOR was related to my endo (I’ve had 3 laps, all with ovarian surgery) or genetic (my mom went through menopause at 41). Autoimmune would make sense for me though based on my heavy, heavy, disposition for it.

View original reply
accorn:  Good luck!

View original reply
vanike:  I’d totally go for it.

Post # 502
523 posts
Busy bee

Hey guys, sorry I walked away for a bit, I couldn’t keep reading while I was just doing more waiting. Vent ahead-

I’ve been patiently waiting for Saturday (when I can do my baseline bloodwork and ultrasound again) but today was a shitty day:

1) I have a new client who is pregnant. I have to ignore a pregnant belly for an hour a week until April. Go me

2) I called the RE office to schedule Saturday and the nurse was dumb as shit. She just wanted to argue with me. And then she had the gall to point out “if the cyst shrank” well thanks for reminding me that my body may still be more broken then usual. I called my husband crying and he got mad at me for fighting with the nurse!

3) My husband came home and said “if you are already going to be upset about everything, might as well know that *insert cousins name* is pregnant and I’ve known for a few weeks and haven’t told you”

I’m so anxious about Saturday going smoothly (I want to start IUI!!!) and hating the fact that this is EASY for so many people. GRRRRRRRRRR

Post # 503
1083 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
Dreaming13:  Many hugs my dear. Infertilty sucks, no matter what. Husbands seem to have a hard time with handleing this type of thing. We found out in November that DH’s best friend’s wife is prganant agian. They have been together alot less time then us and this is the second time it has “just happened” to them. Makes me want to scream. And I’m starting to suspect my Dr who I am seeing for fertilty treatments is pregnant, And that my friends will just break the camals back. Hope everything goes smoothy for you. 🙂 

Post # 504
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
Dreaming13:  Ooh boy. Not sure how’d I feel about number 3. I think that’d set me off on a rampage. Not necessarily because cousin is pregnant but because he knew and didn’t share AND how he shared it. 
View original reply
Mrs.LaFountain:  is right, husbands don’t seem to fully understand it.

I hope your day goes more smoothly tomorrow.

Post # 505
516 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
MattieK:  I think lonsk did something re: immune factors with her last (successful) IVF cycle if I remember correctly. Maybe fire her a message? 

Post # 506
1986 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
WillowB:  We’ve thought a lot about it, my husband would be fine with it, but it just seems like too much to me with all of the medications and procedures and no guarantee of a child.  I would much rather foster/adopt, and I know that has its own heart break. 

View original reply
solnishko1186:  I talk to the nurse alot, I really like her though.

View original reply
nightborn:  I would do the same, trying a little longer is just….hard. 

View original reply
vanike:  Not terrible at all, take that day off for you!

View original reply
MattieK:  I have in network and out of network pharmacy, and I needed to get the trigger today…soooo out of network pharmacy it was.  I’ll see if I can get the prescription earlier next time to get it in network. It was 137 :/

View original reply
Dreaming13:  *Hugs*

Post # 507
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

We transferred one of our frosties today. This is Olaf. 🙂 

Post # 508
854 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Aqualov:  wow, that is a lot of autoimmunity! The center for human reproduction (chr) in NY has a bunch of info on it, and from what I know about immunology it makes perfect sense that immune dysfunction would have a big impact on fertility, but it’s weird that s lot of REs don’t seem on board. I’m going to ask my RE about it today, phone date at 10:30! 🙂

View original reply
Dreaming13:  Oh man, what a shitty day. Vent totally justified. Although at a less heated/teary time I would have a “come to Jesus” talk with my husband about #3. Damn.

View original reply
WillowB:  Thanks, I’ll user my stalker skills to try to find @lonsk 🙂

View original reply
accorn:  yikes, that IS expensive! Hopefully you won’t need a next time. 

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  Hiiii Olaf!!! (Waves at adorable embryo)

Post # 509
29 posts
Newbee

View original reply
MattieK:  I had to push to get an explanation for the distorted pelvic anatomy. Initially, he said “adhesions.” As a Surgical ICU nurse I had to know why, considering my lack of any sort of surgical history(typically I hear of adhesions in the context of someone who has had abdominal surgery and when things healed some things “adhered” to other things, and when they go back for another surgery the surgeon spends some time cutting the adhesions up to free everything up again) That’s when I heard retrograde menstrual bleeding or endo, but he kept stressing an x ray was not by any means diagnostic, just that it was a clue and something to note. He said my choices were lap for a definitive diagnosis then do IUIs, or attempt 3-4 IUIs, then lap for a definitive diagnosis. At my monitoring appt fo the IUI, I also asked if this increased my chances of an ectopic pregnancy(both my big ass follicles were on the left) and he said no. He gave us fairly high odds(in my eyes at least – 35-40%) of IUI working so we went that path.  

View original reply
accorn:  Good luck!!! It’s easy. Keep your phone or something within reach of you during it so when you are laying there after you can either text your infertile friends how it went like I did, or browse the internet.

View original reply
Dreaming13:  Yuck. Hurtful. Likely said from a place of hurt, but still really hurtful. 

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  I sincerely hope that baby sticks, and I even more sincerely hope that you name him Olaf.

Post # 510
1882 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
MattieK:  thank you. Yes, that’s exactly what it feels like! Seriously just weird to have the RE tell me that clearly something isn’t lining up in spite of “great” test results, and in the same breath tell me he doesn’t recommend additional testing. Ugh. 

View original reply
accorn:  thanks, the inaction is maddening indeed. My fingers are crossed hard for you! 

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  <3 Olaf!! 

View original reply
Dreaming13:  the fact that it’s so easy for so many people and yet so hard for some of us is practically unbearable some days. hugs! 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors