(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 511
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Mrs. Jaguar:  Good Morning Olaf, you’re a beaut!

nightborn:  I have unexplained as well, it kinda sucks.

AFM, I’m 13dpt and 12 and 11dpiui. Took a test this morning with BFN. So hard not to be sad. Feeling like we’re out this cycle. My official test day from the doctor is on Sunday. And I just feel like “wtf is going to change in just 3 days?”

Post # 512
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

View original reply
MattieK:  Good luck!

Post # 513
2198 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
nightborn:  Happy you have a plan! Totally get how trying a little longer is not an option…:-) Will you start IUI with new AF?

View original reply
vanike:  So sorry for the bfn today…:(. I think it is perfectly fine to take a vacation or sick day. Not only coz of baby shower, but because one day in a while to recharge and binge watch netfix at home, instead of work can do all of us some good.

View original reply
lizziebeth1:  FX for this IUI!

Post # 514
2198 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
accorn:  FX!!. How much was the trigger? Was it Ovidrel?

View original reply
Dreaming13:  Hoping Saturday brings you some good news. That sucks about pregnant client and what your DH said. He def lacks some sensitivity on this front.

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  Beatiful one! Grow bean, grow!

Post # 515
2198 posts
Buzzing bee

AFM class went very well and I was worrying over monitoring for nothing (typical of me). Basically, I will be on Lupron for longer than I thought because of clinic’s schedule and something about space in the incubator (nurse said they do not want more than few patients starting at same time, as opposed to other clinics that batch as many people together as they can)

So the protocol is to start Lupron tomorrow, be on it for 17 days and than start stimms (given that suppression check is ok). I will have first bloodwork 3 days after stimms for dose adjustment, and then have ultrasound 5 days after stimms, and she will tell me how often to come in for monitoring from there. I feel much more confident now J. He is starting me on a very low dose at first (75iu gona-f and 75 iu menopur daily, so 150 iu of daily stimms total combined). RE thinks I might easily overstimulated, so he wants to start low and slow and adjust as needed. He also said there are new studies in Europe that say for people with potential pcos, it is better to stim low and get fewer eggs, as quality will be much better that to stim high, get a lot of eggs, but quality might be crap. He said 10 eggs is good in his eyes and all Europe now advocates for doing mild stim cycles. Not sure how I feel about that, but will have to wait and see. At the end of the day, it does not matter how many eggs total we get at retrieval, it matter how many are mature, good quality, fertilize and grow. So I have to trust the process J

Post # 516
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  Olaf is beautiful!

View original reply
MattieK:  How did your phone call go?

View original reply
Dreaming13:  I hope today has been better for you!

View original reply
vanike:  sorry about the bfn!

View original reply
solnishko1186:  I’m so glad you’re feeling better after getting more clarification from the doc!

Post # 517
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
arielmerms:  It went pretty well i guess. She was like “oh yeah, DOR is almost certainly autoimmune, but we have not identified a specific anti ovarian antibody yet, so we can’t test for it”. But they don’t mess around with the immune system, her thought is we should just be as aggressive as possible to get the best eggs possible, while there’s still something to get. She actually said depending on how many eggs we retrieve, we may want to skip a fresh transfer and go straight to another stim cycle ” for baby number two “. Yikes. Anyway, blood tomorrow, is my FSH is low, 3 weeks of bcps then lupron flare IVF protocol, if FSH is super high, start estrogen patches cd21 to lower it, then lupron flare. I went ahead and booked an appointment with an immunologist for Tuesday, I figure I can at least find out what I’m sensitive to, and maybe eliminate and things to calm my immune system a bit.

Post # 518
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
MattieK:  good luck with your bloods tomorrow!  What was your FSH the last time it was tested?  It does sound like we’re going to be IVF’ing within a few days of each other (I start estrace on my cd21 which is 2/13).  It’s nice that your Amy Schumer look a like sounds so aggressive with getting a bunch of embryos and that she’s already thinking about baby number 2! 🙂  Good luck with the immunologist on Tuesday – please keep us posted with what they say.

Post # 519
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Thanks loves! I am feeling 50/50 anxious and hopeful… mostly anxious. So hard to be excited when it’s FET #8 … but it’s a pretty good looking embryo for our standards. 🙂 

Post # 520
1986 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  Olaf is beautiful!

View original reply
MattieK:  With any luck, there won’t be a next time!  (side note, probably feeling too positive right now)

View original reply
lizziebeth1:  Haha, I read finance articles, it’s what I do when I’m not googling infertility/pregnancy.

View original reply
vanike:  Sorry about your BFN 🙁 *hugs*

Feeling really bloated and positive, I didn’t feel bloated for my last IUI, but that one was such a bust anyway.

Post # 521
1083 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
vanike:  My day was prime example of that. I have had some brown spotting the past couple of days and cramping. I’m supose to test on Sat and worried about the negative result. DH tells me he dosn’t understand why I get so upset every month when we don’t concive. Its very hard to explain to him why I feel like my body has betrayed me everytime. Although he is very supportive and loveing through all of this, even if hes not getting all of it. 

Post # 522
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Just wanted to pop in and say I’m pulling a RunnerBride… I’m reading but not replying due to a crazy week at work. Did I mention I work with pregnant women and new moms/babies? Two new babies this week… Makes it all very weird. 

Sending everyone good juju! Check in soon. 

Post # 523
3562 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
nightborn:  Another “unexplained” case here.  It is so so frustrating.  I know this isn’t common practice in a lot of places when you O on your own, but my Dr had me take Clomid for a few months so I’d produce more follicles and increase our chances.  I was so so hopeful seeing 2 follies on the ultrasound, had a trigger shot and when that cycle didn’t work I couldn’t handle it emotionally.  We’ve been on a break since, and plan to jump to IUI next.  I just wanted to say I understand the feelings of not being able to find something to “fix” and how disheartening this can all be! 

View original reply
vanike:  Take the vacay day….you deserve it! 

Post # 524
3562 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
accorn:  FX that all goes well for your IUIs! 

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  Hi Olaf!! FX for you hun! 

View original reply
Dreaming13:  ((HUGS))  

Post # 525
4998 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  I’m sure unexplained is really frustrating!!

View original reply
EL2101:  haha pull a runnerbride! Now I have to make a few responses! Sorry about all the pregos, ugh!

View original reply
Mrs.LaFountain:  men just don’t get it!!

View original reply
accorn:  I hope that’s a good sign! When do you test?

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  yay good luck!! (S)he is beautiful! When is your beta?

View original reply
MattieK:  that’s what BeverlyGeese’s RE told her too!

View original reply
solnishko1186:  that sounds good! My RE said 12-13 good eggs is all you want, and most people who get 20-30 have a lot that aren’t mature. 

View original reply
vanike:  awww so sorry about the BFN!

AFM, I am finally home for an extended period of time (10 days) and went in for my follow-up u/s and bloodwork this morning. My lining is 12.4 mm!!!! The NP said “look at that beautiful lining!” haha. So as long as my progesterone is still low (they should call this afternoon), I start crinone tomorrow and my transfer is on Thursday 2/4! 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors