(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 556
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
Aqualov:  Oh, that’s even better! You’ll definitely save money that way! I was thinking you already had all the vials for the whole cycle, so overfill would only help you on a second cycle. Score!!!

View original reply
vanike:  ((hugs)). I was in the same place last week. It’s so, so hard. I’ll be thinking about you and sending you peaceful vibes during dinner tonight. 

AFM, one of my good friends (whose pregnancy has been kinda tormenting me, since we work together and have lunch a few times a week) had her baby girl last night! I am oddly relieved that I feel so happy for her. The jealous feelings are really hard for me to handle, so it’s nice to just feel happy for someone. I get to go see smooshy monday! 

Post # 557
1083 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

15 dpo here and negative test this morning. Also haveing some spotting and a little cramping. Ugh. Really thought we might have had it this month. Was super hopeful. DH told me he thinks its too early to test and says to give it a few days, which I will test agian if AF dosn’t fully start. He is also convinced that my follicle study ultrasound cause all the period like flow mid month and we should do another medicated cycle before moveing on to IUI. I feel like I have no idea what is going on with my body and its making me crazy. 

Post # 558
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
Petite_Fraise:  Welcome!  FX for a successful IUI before you jump on the IVF train!

View original reply
Aqualov:  That’s awesome about the bonus meds!!  I can’t believe how expensive fertility meds are…every little bit helps!

View original reply
vanike:  I’m SO sorry about the BFN.  I hope you were still able to enjoy your weekend trip.  Do you have an appointment with your RE to discuss next steps?

Post # 559
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
Mrs.LaFountain:  Sorry about the BFN.  And the midcycle spotting.  I’ve had episodes of heavy midcycle spotting so I know how frustrating they are.  Most doctors just told me it was something weird that happens to some women but I’ve never been happy with that answer.  We’ve since found something in my uterus during my HSG (possibly a fibroid or polyp) so I’m thinking that may be contributing to my spotting.  I hope yours IS a fluke thing and it goes away next cycle!

AFM, I survived my MRI!  It was actually easier than I thought it would be.  The tech was super nice and put a wash cloth over my eyes so I had no idea where I was in the tube and chatted with me in between all the scans to keep me occupied.  The worst part was having to hold my breath for most of the scans and the coils that they had to strap across my chest and pelvis.  I almost started to panic about halfway through when I started to feel like the straps were too tight and I couldn’t get a good deep breath but I was able to calm myself down.  So all things considered, I don’t want to make MRIs a habit but I know I can get through them now.  I also got a very close to positive OPK yesterday so I’m hoping today is O day!

Post # 560
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
mkat37:  not yet. I’ll call them tomorrow I guess. 

My coworker has been trying to get me to see this nutritionist who runs blood tests and then helps you with a diet best suited for you. She swears she’s amazing and has helped people with migraines,  body pain, etc. I’d been putting it off because I had been doing acupuncture and just sort of felt it was silly,  but I think I might give it a try. 

Post # 561
4998 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
Petite_Fraise:  Welcome! I hope your stay here is short!

View original reply
Aqualov:  Yay for free drugs! I hope I can donate my leftovers to someone soon!

View original reply
MattieK:  Thanks! My clinic’s SART rates aren’t better with frozen vs fresh, but it’s not a huge clinic and my RE says I should expect the same success rate (hopefully we’ll be in the other 50% this time!). I think they are also pretty conservative about OHSS (he said they haven’t had someone hospitalized with it for 10 years!) so they don’t get a lot of good frozen embryos. 

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Thanks! I never took Lupron, so I’m no help!

View original reply
vanike:  Awwww hugs! I’m so sorry!

Post # 562
4998 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
Mrs.LaFountain:  Gahh another BFN! I’m sorry friend!!

View original reply
mkat37:  Glad the MRI is over! 

View original reply
vanike:  Can’t hurt!

AFM, I am really excited for our FET Thursday! I am not obsessing too much, and things are going really well. I think it helps that I’m super busy with work, so I am really distracted. I think I convinced DH to test with me at home on Valentine’s Day instead of waiting until the beta on the 15th. You may recall we had a big fight about this last cycle when I wanted to test before the beta and he was adament that it would be inaccurate (don’t even ask me why). So I told him this time if he wants to wait for the beta, I will do that if he works from home that day. But it’s going to be 2 days late (falls on a Saturday and they don’t do them on weekends), and he would need to take the day off work, and if we test on Sunday and it’s negative, hopefully I will be OK enough to work on Monday. So he seemed to see the sense in that – I won’t bring it up again until the transfer. Wouldn’t that be the best Valentine’s Day present ever!?!

And now we have to go car shopping – ugh! DH’s car died a few weeks ago, which is really crummy timing with all the IVF expenses, but such is life. We are looking at SUVs, so we better have some kiddos to fill it up!

Post # 563
1083 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
mkat37:  Thank I sure hope so. And glad your MRI went smoothly. 

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  🙁

Thank you for the much love ladies. I’m haveing a very hard time with it this month for some reason. More spotting today. Gonna call the Dr in the morning, if it is my period starting up then time is of the essance if we wanna do another medicated cycle before moving on to IUI. 

Post # 564
523 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
vanike:  I’m so sorry.

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  Good luck!

Good luck to everyone who is at the beginning of the IVF process! We need another BFP around here!

AFM- Dildo cam (thanks whoever coined that term around here) showed no cyst. I got the go ahead for the random start clomid cycle and took my first pill last night (what we are calling CD3). My next appointment is 2/8, trigger and then IUI 2/10 (or 2/12 if I need more time). I’m cautiously excited to be moving forward. Do most of you test out your trigger? I have a ton of wondfo pregnancy tests.

Post # 565
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
MattieK:  Hey there. I was convinced I had some immune issues and my former clinic sort of scoffed at the idea, it was one of the main reasons for switching clinics and choosing to travel. My new RE said it was very expensive to do the testing however the treatment was relatively cheap and harmless if not needed. We did intralipids prior to egg retrieval and transfer (ended up being an FET) I did another round of intralipids after getting my first ever BFP. Intralipids are only soy and egg yolks, typically used for total parental nutrition. Hard to believe they could really make a difference but after 4+ years TTC, 5 IUIs, 3 egg retrievals, 1 fresh and 2 frozen transfers I’m convinced they are what made the difference for us.

Good luck lady!

Post # 566
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
mkat37:  that’s great that the MRI was easier than you thought. A great nurse/tech can make ALL the difference, huh?

View original reply
vanike:  That’s pretty Interesting, did she mention what the blood tests are testing for? If you give it a shot, let us know.

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  Car shopping CAN be fun. If you’re looking for a small SUV, check out the Mazda cx5. I have to get a car in July, and that’s at the top of my list. It’s a smallish suv, has perfect safety ratings, it’s a lot cooler looking and more fun to drive than the honda CRV, and pretty well priced.

View original reply
Dreaming13:  Hooray for a good dildocam report! (Teehee!). I roughly tested out the trigger — I tested at 2 and 7 DPO, at which point it was gone, so I felt confident that a positive would be real.

View original reply
lonsk:  Thanks so much for popping by, I am going to send you a PM if you don’t mind 🙂

Post # 567
4998 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
Mrs.LaFountain:  Hope you’re feeling ok today!

View original reply
Dreaming13:  Thanks! I never have tested out a trigger – I don’t like testing. 

View original reply
MattieK:  It actually was kind of fun! I’ve never gone car shopping before (I have had 2 cars, both hand-me-downs from my dad). We test drove the Acura RDX and really liked it! We still want to check out a few others (Volkswagen Touareg, BMW X3, Lexus RX350). That’s funny, we actually have a Mazda CX-5 as a rental right now. It’s really cute, but I think we are looking for something a little bigger/heavier. 

Post # 568
1986 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Good morning everyone!  Can I just sleep through the TWW?  I think that would be preferable.  

I have slight cramping and bloating, but I’m sure it’s just from the IUI, I’m 3/4dpiui.

Post # 569
2200 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  Sounds like you had a fun car shopping trip! 🙂 We just had to get me a new car about a month ago, as mine was falling apart. Ended up getting Nissan Rouge. It took a little time adjusting to driving small SUV as opposed to small sedan, but now I love it.

View original reply
accorn:  FX for this IUI. I want to sleep through my Lupron injections too…..lol

View original reply
Dreaming13:  I did few times just to see two pink lines…lol. My trigger was always gone super quick, like 5 days max.

View original reply
vanike:  So sorry for the bfn….they suck.

Post # 570
4998 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
MattieK:  oh wait I lied, we are renting a CX-9 (just picked it up last night, I didn’t even know what it was in the dark!). I drove it this morning – it is actually the right size but I loved the Acura. The dealership is already calling me and harassing me haha.

View original reply
solnishko1186:  The Nissan is very cute too! I love this size of car! I’m actually eager to give DH my Audi sedan haha. I didn’t think I would want to part with it but I’m loving driving a bigger car…. But not as big as his Honda Pilot that we are hopefully selling tonight! 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors