(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 48
1382 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
Novella:  Thanks. They are self-centered and competitive and everything comes easy to them. So I think it’s that combo that really bothers me. That and them having my parents’ first grandchild.

Post # 49
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
MattieK:  Sure hun. We’ve had 9 frozen transfers and all have ended in negatives or miscarriages. This particular batch of frosties is all frozen at day 4 (due to clinics closing at the time, we were unable to grow out to blasts) so it doesn’t leave me with any confidence – and considering the first (and best) embryo they transferred from this bunch ended in a miscarriage, I think they’re duds.

To be honest, frozen transfers in general have been rubbish for me from the get go. The only embryo that worked has been a fresh, day 5 – that’s my girl. My body just doesn’t GET frozens.

Post # 50
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Feeling rubbish today. I have to go to my mothers birthday party later and my sister (who is 6 years younger) is 11 weeks pregnant. So far my mothers been going on about how wonderful it is someone’s finally made her a grandmother and how she can’t wait for the special arrival. Trying to think of excuses not to go but think I’m just going to have to suck it up and have a big cry tomorrow. 

Post # 51
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
Feist:  can totally understand how you’re feeling. hope you’re okay. 

Post # 52
4673 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
MattieK:  I’m doing good.  It’s been a pretty easy pregnancy symptom wise, but I’ve had some bad test results which has put me in the high risk catergory.  But I get lots of extra ultrasounds so the doctors can keep an eye on the baby.  I started allowing myeslf to get excited after our 20 week scan, then got most of the nursery put together in just a few weeks.  I’m getting more excited as things move along.  

Post # 53
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
MattieK:  oh no, I didn’t find it judgemental at all. But with anything, I’d have to weight the pros/cons and if my body is unable to support a pregnancy due to low progesterone, then obviously if I want a child I need the progesterone.  

Post # 54
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Vent: so yesterday at work I get a text from a long time friend that tells me she’s JUST poas and it’s positive. She has a four month. She didn’t tell me but I know from another friend that they started trying for another  when their baby was two months old. She then asked me to pray for her sanity. And then told me about all of symptom and then even sent me a picture of all of her positive hpts. For the record, we are very open with our infertility and she knows our struggles  so I’m not sure why she felt it was appropriate to notify me the second she found out she was pregnant or felt that she needed to send me six messages about it. I replied with a simple congrats and ignored every message that followed.  

Post # 55
4286 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
WillowB:  wow wow wow. People can be so incredibly insensitive!  I’m sorry about that.  I would have probably been pretty bitchy in response,  but I’m a grouch, lol.

Post # 56
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
MattieK:  have we talked about this before? I have a PhD in neuroscience! I work in pharma now, but still! And my DH has poor morphology haha- we are practically twins 😜

View original reply
Feist:  ughhhh noooo!!!

View original reply
Novella:  thanks! I will!

View original reply
nyckitten:  congrats!!! What a great story!

Post # 57
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
mini-bride:  awww so sorry!

View original reply
WillowB:  omg that’s awful! I would have probably said something asking her to stop. How do you even get pregnant that fast?!! 

Post # 58
1111 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
MattieK:  Yeah, I figured it was time to get rid of them given the long break we’re taking. My RE also said that sometimes PCOS can correct itself through slight weightloss. I actually didn’t even have symptoms of PCOS until I became a normal weight (125-130 and I’m 5’5″). When I was 110-115 my cycles were normal. I’m secretly hoping once I lose weight my body will snap back to normal. 

Post # 59
1111 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
WillowB:  That is so inconsiderate. I know someone like that. She has two kids under the age of three and complains incessantly. I just don’t respond anymore especially since she always says “just wait until you have kids.” 

Post # 60
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
WillowB:  ugh!!! It’s bad enough to get announcements like that from people who don’t know you are struggling but that fact they they do makes it all the more insensitive. Also a little odd since she just found out.

View original reply
mini-bride:  does your mom know you guys are struggling? I’m sorry that she made those hurtful comments. Hopefully you got through it ok, hugs.

View original reply
Feist:  That is so hard. I don’t blame you for not being happy for them!

I’m in the TWW and trying not to think about it. I know AF is going to show up next week but I can help but have a tiny sliver of hope that we could get a miracle (just tried naturally this month). 

Also just wanted to share this picture for anyone who hasn’t seen it… Always makes me feel a little better 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors