(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 61
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
MattieK:  I’m excited for your appointment on Monday!

View original reply
MattieK:  Damn “It Starts with the Egg” making me feel bad about my alcohol consumption!

View original reply
MattieK:  at least your cd matches the calendar day.. and the number of days in the year so far!  It probably makes me weird, but I like when it matches up ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
nyckitten:  wonderful news!

View original reply
Feist:  ugh, that bitch.

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  I have a (tiny) neuro background too ๐Ÿ˜‰ just my undergrad

View original reply
WillowB:  ugh, I’m sorry

View original reply
MrsLondon:  that was lovely, thank you for that

Post # 62
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
arielmerms:  Every month I say I’m going to drink less, and it never seems to work out. I don’t drink a lot though (that’s my justification), about 1-2 beers per week (on the weekend). My intention is to stop, but we have a crap ton of beer. We love craft beer, so at any given time we have 20-30 bottles in our “beer fridge” (they’re mainly gifts from other people). But I also see it as my one stress reliever at the end of the week. It’s the one thing that seems to take my mind off it all. I’m going to ask the doctor again this month how much drinking really matters. He didn’t seem concerned when we started IUI treatments, but I know for IVF it’s a definite no.

I’m also trying to read more. I joined the goodreads website last year and did their reading challenge. I chose 20 books (which I barely completed). This year my goal is 25.

AFM, I’m at 12dpo. AF starts Monday. Dreading doing round 3 of IUI. Just don’t want to be on the meds and don’t want it to fail because then what’s the next step? DH and I decided to take the dogs on a small hike today (about 2 miles), which was nice. I’m hoping we have the dedication to actually make it a regular thing. We said we’d do it weekly like 3 years ago. My hiking boots had spider webs, literally. That’s how long it’s been. But I think it’ll be good. Gets us both out and exercising a bit.

Post # 63
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
vanike:  1-2 a week is not bad at all!!!  I have that (almost) every night, which is why I think I should cut back.  DH and I have been hiking more recently too.  It helps that winter here has been mild so far, although it’s getting colder now so the hiking may cease until spring.  I find that it really helps to clear my head.  Where are you located?  

Post # 64
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
WillowB:  that’s awful – I think people who haven’t gone through infertility just don’t get it however open you are with them about it. Sounds like you dealt with it well though. 

View original reply
MrsLondon:  that’s a great picture and totally true. i think every month we all keep hold of that sliver of hope – I think that’s what makes it harder

View original reply
vanike:  1 or 2 beers a week isn’t too bad – that’s what I was probably drinking but I’ve now cut completely out since Christmas with the first IVF coming up -it’s helped that my Husband has stopped drinking as well. You seem to be going along the same lines as me for relaxation – I’ve been doing lots of hiking and reading and I’ve just started doing the couch to 5k to get jogging. It all seems to be helping! 

I I survived my family party – just. I had to leave the room when the scan photos were being handed round but kept it together. We’ve not told family what we’re going through – I’m very private and my family are slightly nutty. I have told 2 close friends who are very supportive and my supervisor at work knows it’s going to be soon. 

Post # 65
Hostess
11050 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’d stopped charting my temp because of the added pressure it may give. But this morning I’ve decided to go back to it so that I can be sure of ovulation. It also makes me feel I’m moving forwards and doing something positive.

Post # 66
1639 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
WillowB:  Ugh, I’m so sorry. That’s so incredibly sensitive, and I’d be really hurt. I’ve been lucky that the two coworkers I have that have been pregnant (one currently, one past) both dealt with their own infertility struggles so they have been somewhat sensitive during their pregnant times. I would have had a hard time telling her not to stop texting.

Post # 67
1639 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
mini-bride:  
View original reply
arielmerms:  I don’t know about jogging, I’ll stick with brisk walking! I’m in the Los Angeles area, so I’m a lot more inclined to go hiking now during the winter months. We’ve been averaging about 65 degrees the last few weeks.

AFM, spotting has started today. Kinda bummed. I had slight hope that we wouldn’t have to go forward with treatment this month.

Post # 68
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
MattieK:  Good luck at the RE tomorrow!  I feel like so many of us have RE appointments/new protocols starting in the next few weeks.  Hopefully that means we’re all making progress!

View original reply
Feist:  Sorry about the SIL announcement.  My brother is nowhere near having children but DH’s brother is.  It’s terrible but we’re so tense everytime we talk to them because we’re dreading that announcement.  Hopefully this IUI works out and your babies will be close in age!

View original reply
vanike:  This is going to sound totally weird/creepy….but you were in my dream last night.  All I remember is us drinking beers.  I guess that’s what happens when I catch up on this thread right before going to bed, lol.  Sorry about your impending AF.  I have everything crossed that third time is the charm for you when it comes to IUIs!

AFM, I was excited because it looked like I ovulated on Jan 1.  I had a super close to positive OPK on Friday and a temp spike on Saturday so it was looking promising but my temp was back down this morning.  I’m hoping it’s just a fallback rise and it goes back up tomorrow.  Progesterone test on Wednesday so I guess we’ll find out soon one way or another.

Post # 69
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
vanike:  sorry about the spotting. Fx that it could be the good kind ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 70
516 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
MattieK:  Good luck tomorrow!  

Post # 71
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
WillowB:  Wow! That’s soooo insensitive of her, I can’t even imagine. I struggle a lot with trying to give people the benefit of the doubt and not being annoyed with people because things come easier to the than to me. That being said, if she knew of your struggles and wasn’t a little cautious with her news, that’s just rough. Well done for the way you handled it. 

AFM, I go in for the rest of my bloodwork tomorrow and DH and I meet with the RE to get our IVF orders on Tuesday. I’ll roll call after that in hopes of knowing exactly when we’ll start. My gyno did the cycle day 3 blood tests and sent those on to our RE so I haven’t seen them yet. I called the RE last week to make sure they’d gotten everything they needed and a nurse was nice enough to go through them all with me over the phone. It sounds like everything they ran came back within normal limits which was great to hear. I will feel very lucky if it turns out that we’re only dealing with MFI.

Fingers crossed and happy baby dust to you all!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  .
Post # 72
854 posts
Busy bee

Feist:  blech, your sil sounds terrible. To quote a smart lady — I hope she gets a huge butt. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mrs. Jaguar:  Wow, you sure have been through a lot. It has to be so hard having akk those embryos and feeling like there’s no hope with them. I hope one of then surprised you.

auggiefrog:  so exciting! I’m sorry about the extra stress, but glad to hear you’re feeling excited. Have you managed to keep people from accidentally revealing the gender on all those extra ultrasounds?

WillowB:  Absolutely! I’ll probably be on it, too, since I tend to have low progesterone and even on clomid spot during the LP. And ugh, how insensitive of your friend. People can be so clueless.

RunnerBride13:  No way! Heeeey fellow neuroscientist! I’m going to PM you!

View original reply
arielmerms:  So true about CD and date matching, makes it easy to remember, and there is something oddly satisfying about it, haha.

View original reply
mini-bride:  congrats on making it through there party, we definitely understand that feeling around here.

View original reply
mkat37:  thank you!!! I’m excited, but also really nervous. Good luck on Wednesday, hopefully it reveals that you did ovulate!

View original reply
WillowB:  thank you!!

View original reply
MsLlamaFace: Nice! It’s always great to hear some normal results. Good luck tomorrow, and hopefully you’ll be starting soon!

Post # 73
397 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Hi everyone. Glad to see we all made it through the new year and hopefully this year is better for us all. Just had a quick question. It looks like I O’d on CD9 or 10 this cycle. Is that good or bad in terms of my egg quality? I reckon I usually O early in my cycle when not on Clomid, and for some reason this cycle I’m freaking out that it’s too early and my eggs must be bad, which is why we’re not getting pregnant… Falling down the rabbit hole with this one, I guess. I guess when we do get to IVF this will be something I ask my doctor, but seeing as that is months away, I thought I’d ask you lot! So sitting at 2DPO and not happy about it at all.

Post # 74
3562 posts
Sugar bee

Hi Ladies!! I’ve been on a much needed TTC break for a couple of cycles now, but I’m hoping to be more active up here soon once we start going back to the Dr.  Sending you all love and baby dust!! 

ROLL CALL

Age/Partner’s Age: I will be 32 this month, DH is 31

How long have you been together:  9 years, married for 2 years

How long have you been TTC:  2 years this month, 28 (I think?) cycles 

Issues:  No known issues. Tubes are clear, hormone levels seem to be fine, I ovulate regularly with 27-28 day cycles.  Dr. has mentioned that my usual O on CD17-18 may be causing me to O “overripe” eggs.  I’ve had a trigger shot on CD14 + 3 rounds of clomid to produce multiple follicles with no BFP. SA checks out great for DH.  

What are your TTC plans for 2015/2016: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc,)

The Clomid cycles really got to me emotionally, so we decided to take a break from the Dr./opks/charting/meds/etc. for a couple of cycles.  We will be making an appointment soon and hopefully setting up for an IUI cycle in the near future. 

I have suspected that I may have CM issues so we started using Pre-Seed a few months ago, just in case there is an issue there. 

Any new years’ resolutions or hopes for 2016?:

Currently, we are just focusing on being healthier. DH and I have both quit smoking 2 months ago.  I have quit multiple times in the past 15 years, but I’m trying to make this time the final time.  I honestly kind of felt like I’d never really be able to quit unless I was pregnant, and the stress of TTC made it harder to quit, so I’ve been stuck in that loop for the past two years.  I have started yoga at home to hopefully help with my back issues and to relieve stress and DH has started going to the gym more and we are making more of an effort to eat better.  I didn’t really make a resolution for New Years, basically I am trying to make a lifestyle change to be healthier and to manage my stress better…and of course, hope for a baby! 

Post # 75
516 posts
Busy bee

Just had my follicle tracking. I’ve had quite a few internal scans but this one freaking  hurt. Hopefully that means that there were some big follies in there. I’m a little nervous because halfway through the scan the tech asked what my diagnosis is or if any other scans had shown anything. I hope this doesn’t mean she saw a new problem. And of course she wouldn’t tell me any of the measurements so I hope my RE phones soon with the results ๐Ÿ™‚ 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  .

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 22 (New Year, New Thread, New Hope!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors