posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
1111 posts
Bumble bee

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 30

How long you have been TTC: almost 2 years

What number child you are TTC for: 1

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Explained I guess. 

Known Issues: lean PCOS; none for DH

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Taking a break until the spring/early summer then a few medicated IUIs and then onto IVF then surrogacy and then adoption (we finally have a plan in place). 

Just for fun – If you could open your own business or store front, what would you do/make/sell?

Clothing–I used to be a stylist and I kinda miss it. 

Post # 4
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 29/30

How long you have been together: Together 10 years, married 2.5

How long you have been TTC: 16 months, 19 cycles

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Explained-ish.

Known Issues: DOR, but I am ovulating every month, and had a good response to letrozole, so in that case the real cause seems to be unknown

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Trying to figure out if I have any immune problems, going on an autoimmune diet, and on Feb 16, start estrogen patches to prep for first IVF. The tentative plan is to use a microdose lupron/flare protocol, and probably do two consecutive stims without transferring anything. We will then send the whole bunch off for PGS testing and doing FET if there are any normal embryos.

Just for fun – If you could open your own business or store front, what would you do/make/sell? A wedding dress shop! I looooove wedding dresses, and even though I hated planning our wedding, I never get tired of the dresses!

Post # 6
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 26 and 30

How long you have been together: met 5 years ago, we’ll have been married for 3.5 years on 2/11. We didn’t get to celebrate our 3 year anniversary because we were in different countries, so I think we’re going to try and do something fun next week instead!

How long you have been TTC: 18 months, 15 cycles.

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Explained. 

Known Issues:  Endometriosis, PCOS, missing an ovary/tube for me, and I’m a low responder to the oral meds. Low morphology/borderline motility for DH.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc)  We’re continuing to try on our own until April. No meds, but charting, EPO, metformin and preseed as supplements for now.  If we need it, April will be our first hybrid IUI cycle with Femara, Gonal-F and progesterone. 

Just for fun – If you could open your own business or store front, what would you do/make/sell? I love to bake, esp cookies.  I make them for our college students every week and it’s getting to the point where I’m known across a few campuses for making cookies.  I’ve considered doing a side business with it, but since I’m already pulling 2-3 12 hour days a week, I don’t have the time. 

View original reply
MattieK:  I’ve thought that before too!  I loved the dress shopping (is it weird that 3.5 years later I still struggle with some dress regret?) and would love to work at a shop like that. 

Post # 7
29 posts
Newbee

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 28/30

How long you have been together: We’ve known eachother for 10, been together for 6, married for almost 1 and a half

How long you have been TTC: 16 cycles. 

What number child you are TTC for: 1st. 

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Explained

Known Issues: 3% morph, HSG showed pelvic adhesions which could be endo, just adhesions, or nothing.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: Once this cycle officially doesn’t work, I guess another two IUIs. I’m hoping that my eggs will be on the side closer to my uterus, as compared to the far away ovary. 

Just for fun – If you could open your own business or store front, what would you do/make/sell?: I’d cook. I love to cook, and I love making a lot of the very fancy recipes(think Alinea and French Laundry). If I had my way, I’d be able to do that but without the insane schedule/work ethic that a chef is required to have. 80+ hour work weeks aren’t for me. Tonight I’m making Parisienne Gnocchi.

Post # 8
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Responding from Part 22, I will roll call tomorrow as I’m leaving work now!

View original reply
Dreaming13:  Thank you! How are you feeling on Clomid? We are doing 1-2 months of TI and then moving to IUI. I hope yours goes well this month 🙂

View original reply
arielmerms:  Thank you! G

View original reply
EL2101:  @mbgal do you ladies have updates??

View original reply
Aqualov:  Oh no! I hope you don’t have to cancel the cycle either. Keep us posted please! I am routing for you!

View original reply
jammer62:  Thanks 🙂

Post # 9
397 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 32/34

How long you have been together: Met 5 years ago, together 4.5, married almost 3 years

How long you have been TTC: 2.5 years

Known Issues: MFI with wildly fluctuating numbers due to DH’s poor health. Suspected problems with me, yet to be confirmed.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Nothing really. Just taking it easy until we get called up for IVF. Probably in October/November. In the meantime, hopefully getting an ultrasound to get to the bottom of my painful cycles and I’m expecting to find endo or fibroids. Which would help explain a lot, really.

Just for fun – If you could open your own business or store front, what would you do/make/sell? Well, I do have a part in a co-op where I sell boys clothes and wooden housewares with wood burning. But dream business/store front would have to be a bbq joint with my brother. We had talked about it a couple years ago and I would still love to give it a go, but he would have to move to NZ first…which seems like a long shot at this point. But omg, yum. That is what Nelson is missing…a good bbq place.

Post # 10
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Awesome timing! Just logged back on to WB with a fresh new attitude (I hope it lasts) after taking a break from WB and all things TTC.  Hoping to be more active on this board going forward 🙂

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 35/29

How long you have been together: 6 years, married 1.5

How long you have been TTC: 6 months 

Known Issues: Low morphology for DH (2.4% in one analysis, 4% in another) – everything else looks fine

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) We will start our first IVF protocol in the next month or so. AF is due in 2 weeks, at which point I will go on BCP for 2 weeks (we have a ski trip booked for the end of Feb that we need to plan around). IVF shots will start in early March, and hopefully hopefully please please I will be knocked up before April Fools Day!

Just for fun – If you could open your own business or store front, what would you do/make/sell?

Cheese. I would like nothing more than to spend my days surrounded by cheese (and wine to go with it, of course)

Post # 11
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

May as well just jump right in with a question for you ladies 🙂

DH and I just saw our RE today to discuss our IVF protocol. Evidently, he prefers to transfer two embryos to maximize chances of conception. According to him, this means that we have a 1-in-5 chance of twins. I’m not sure how I feel about this. I think I would be okay with twins, but am concerned about health risks.

For those of you with IVF experience, how many embryos did you transfer? And why?

Post # 12
1882 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: both 35

How long you have been together: together 8 years, married 1.5

How long you have been TTC: 15 cycles

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Unexplained

Known Issues: None – tests haven’t shown a thing wrong with either of us. But as the RE said, something clearly isn’t working properly or I’d be expecting by now. 

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Waiting for insurance to approve our first round of medicated IUI. I don’t think I want to do multiple rounds if it doesn’t work… I will ask to move to IVF. 

Just for fun – If you could open your own business or store front, what would you do/make/sell? I’d flip houses and invest in real estate. I love real estate, my husband and I have remodeled two condos already, and I just think it would be so much fun.  

Post # 13
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 31/32

How long you have been together: 7 years (tomorrow!).  Married for 3.5

How long you have been TTC: 19 months

What number child you are TTC for: #1

Known Issues: Dermoid cyst on left ovary, elevated androgens, weak ovulation even on letrozole, and my HSG showed something in my uterus (possibly a fibroid/polyp but I won’t know until my follow-up appointment on March 31)

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) We were all set to start our first IUI cycle this month when my HSG derailed that plan.  I’m 3dpo in my first Clomid cycle and althrough I still didn’t ovulate until CD19, I had a really nice temp rise instead of the crappy low rises I had on letrozole.  I’m hoping that means I had a nice strong ovulation this cycle and that Clomid is a better fit for me.  I’m also taking 5 mg of prednisone daily to try and help even out my androgens.  I had repeat bloodwork today and if they are still high, my doctor plans to refer me to an endocrinologist to see if they can figure out why they are high.  While we wait for our follow-up in March, I plan on continuing acupuncture and my Paleo-ish diet.  As of today I’m at my lowest weight since we started TTC so that can only help!

Just for fun – If you could open your own business or store front, what would you do/make/sell? I would love to own a small neighbourhood bookstore and coffee shop.  Or a doggie daycare.  Preferably dachshund exclusive, lol.

Post # 14
1083 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: Both 29. I will be 30 in the 18th of this month and he in May

How long you have been together: 6and 1/2 years together. 3 and 1/2 married

How long you have been TTC: This is our 13th month 

What number child you are TTC for: Number 1

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Explained Infertlilty PCOs

Known Issues: Dignosed with PCOs in April of last year. Don’t ovulate one my own. Hubby’s swimmer are great and my tubes are clear. 

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc): We have done three round of Clomid and starting my thrid round of Femera tonight.  Prenatals, OPKs, fertility friendly lube, trying to exersise and eat better. If we do not get pregnant cycle we pla on moveing on to IUI. Which means we would have to go outside my OBGYN, to a local fertility clinic when we take this step. I’m very dertermined this cycle will end in a BFP

Just for fun – If you could open your own business or store front, what would you do/make/sell?  I actually make and sell soap online as a hobby mostly. Would love to get a store front for that, and do it full time. Or open my own at studio for people with disabilties to have art therapy. Giving people with disabilites a chance to express themself, makes me so happy. 

Post # 15
523 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 31/41

How long you have been together: 3.5

How long you have been TTC: 11 months

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Explained

Known Issues: Definitely not ovulating consistently (if at all), DH SA came back with awful, ok, and normal motility on 3 different tests

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc): At the beginning of first IUI cycle! I take my last clomid before bed and the Ovidrel is in the house for next week. We will do a total of 3 IUIs and then move onto IVF. We have DH on a ton of suppliments as per the urologist. He froze sperm just in case we get another bad sample. He said it was worth the cost if it prevented me from having a cancelled cycle (besides he travels for work…) Cautiously optimistic but I don’t want to be devistated when I get the next BFN.

I would do exactly what I’m doing right now but for my own business instead of someone else’s.

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  Biggest side effect is that I’m very fatigued and my brain is fuzzy. I have a report due Friday that I really should have started by now and I just can’t get myself together to write professionally. Good luck with TI

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 23’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors