Helper bee

View original reply
Novella:  I hope everything goes well! πŸ™‚

Post # 317
1614 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
future_mrs_m:  try not to worry about the cough syrup!

View original reply
MattieK:  good luck today!

View original reply
Novella:  hoping for awesome beta numbers!

AFM, I just got AF and now I’m a little concerned as I was instructed to stop Estrace on cd1 and because AF came early (I was expecting her Friday), I only took 2.5 days of estrace.  I’m really hoping that’s still okay and I can proceed with starting injections on Thursday.  I’m glad I spent a while yesterday watching videos of how to inject my drugs!  And I’m very thankful for the delayed opening due to icy roads so I can lay on the couch for another hour before getting ready for work.

Post # 318
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
vanike:  Enjoy that vacation! I’m also tired of putting things off just in case — you deserve a break!

View original reply
Novella:  We will all be cheering for a super high beta tomorrow!

arielmerms:  Wow, so weird to get AF that early. Hopefully it’ll be fine with only a couple days of estrace. Presumably the blood work will give a clue? Hopefully it was plenty of time! And it’s so weird to walk outside in 50° weather with ice on the ground, but I’m glad it got you and extra couch laying time!

Post # 319
1485 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

View original reply
future_mrs_m:  I wouldn’t think it would have any effect on it since, like 
View original reply
MattieK:  said, you don’t share a blood supply for a few weeks. I totally understand your concern though! I had two separate colds in back-to-back TWWs. It was awful and I hated taking anything but I was miserable! Hope you feel better soon (and you get a BFP to boot!)

View original reply
MattieK:  Wishing you so much luck!!!! You’ll be on my mind! 

View original reply
Novella:  Congratulations on the BFP! FX for great betas!! 

View original reply
vanike:  I’m trying this whole “eating better and exercising” thing too. I’m trying to follow Whole30 (though I am still eating some whole grain)… so basically I’ve eliminated sugar and dairy. And I totally hear you on the trip planning. For the last year, I’ve scheduled my life around “but what if I’m pregnant then?” and here we are. I’ve wanted to go to NYC so bad, never been, so I’m thinking about a June trip – pregnant or not! 

Post # 320
1365 posts
Bumble bee

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone had a great long weekend! 

Novella: Congratulations!!! Yay!!!! You must be thrilled.

I am reading about the different eating plans many are using and sounds great. I am trying to cut down on snacking, that is my worse downfall. I am almost 50lbs over my previous goal weight. πŸ™ Have a long way to go.

Well, Thursday I got a call from my fertility clinic. They reviewed my results from the morning (no response to Femara, low estrogen, etc), and want to start a cycle day 3 start of injectables (Puregon). That would be days 3-8 with monitoring. I am not sure if the injections are beyond day 8 though…

So just finishing up Provera this week and hope that works. The only “what if” is that my psychiatrist has to check if these injectables are safe with my meds and do not reduce their effectiveness, if that makes sense.

I did have a thorough conversation with the pharmacist but just have to be sure. If I can’t take the injectables then I have to continue to reduce my meds until my prolactin levels out. That would probably mean a re-referral back to the clinic in the future. It sucks but, fingers crossed……

Have a great day ladies! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 321
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I really intended to be more active on this thread but have found myself lurking and commenting in my head, as usual. I hope everyone (well, US bees) had a nice long weekend!

View original reply
Novella:  Congrats! I love seeing good news on here.

View original reply
MissKayteeDee:  I remember you from a POAS board from last fall! Back when I was 100% sure I’d get my BFP after one cycle, LOLZ.

AFM, my first IVF cycle is officially scheduled for the beginning of March. I started BCP last night to put me into a holding pattern until DH and I get back from a ski trip at the end of Feb. I start injections around March 10-ish. This just got real.

I’m still struggling with the 1 vs 2 embryo issue (thank you so much to everyone who chimed in before). I wanted to ask – if you feel strongly about avoiding multiples, would you mind telling me why? I’m really conflicted about this. My RE transfers 2 as a matter of policy (but will do a single transfer if I want). I obviously want my babies to be as healthy as possible, but I don’t know if I have cycle after cycle of BFNs in me. There’s also the fact that if we do one at a time, I’ll be 37 or 38 by the time we are ready for #2 (I’m 35 now). I can’t be sure I’ll have any eggs left then! I just don’t know what to do. 

Kind of related, I’m also struggling with whether to go for PGD. It’s an extra 6K out of pocket, which is just so much money! But the potential heartache it could save us is probably worth the money? Any experience/opinions here?

Post # 322
778 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
Chloeeee:  
View original reply
lizziebeth1:  
View original reply
MattieK:  Thanks for sharing girls. I don’t even have an appointment for the HSG but it makes me nervous thinking about it!!

Post # 323
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  Chiming in to say that my HSG was mostly painless as well πŸ™‚ Good luck!

Post # 324
778 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  come to NYC! We can get fox and have a mini-meetup! πŸ™‚

Post # 325
1061 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I woke up this morning with bright red bleeding. This isn’t looking good ladies πŸ™

Post # 326
1586 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
MattieK:  I’d love to be cycle buddies with you! πŸ™‚ If you get a good retrieval, will you do retrieval and transfer back to back or will you freeze all and do another retrieval first?  And my RE said that either follitism or gonal-F were fine, it’s just a matter of which one your insurance company prefers. 

View original reply
Dreaming13:  Glad the lower dose has been better!  I hope Thursdays scan goes well! 

View original reply
debinoxford:  They cannot diagnose endo via ultrasound.  The only way to diagnose that for sure is through a laparoscopy.  The lesions/adhesions/scarring won’t show up via ultrasound.  I think polyps and fibroids do though. I hope you get the letter soon though and can move forward!  Happy anniversary! 

View original reply
MrsBadger33:  wow. I’m so sorry for the journey you’ve had to go through.  I hope the second IUI works for you! 

View original reply
Chloeeee:  welcome!  We started TTC in the same month, but we’ve moved faster through the process because we knew going in we had issues. I hope you get some clear answers and an even clearer BFP soon! 

View original reply
lizziebeth1:  I’ve never heard of it, but it sounds interesting!  

View original reply
vanike:  We’ve done that too.  I’m tired of planning our lives around “well, maybe we’ll be pregnant by then” so we’re planning a summer as if we won’t be, but we’ll make it work and adjust if we are. I hope you guys have a great time! And if you do another IUI next month, maybe it’ll be a super early babymoon!

View original reply
MattieK:  good luck today!  I hope the meds are easy on you! 

View original reply
Novella:  oh no πŸ™ so many hugs for you right now!  I hope it’s something simple like an irritated cervix or something!

Post # 327
1708 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

IUI approval from my insurance finally came in – whew. We’re taking an IUI injection class next Tuesday. It turns my stomach to even think about injecting myself, but I’ll just figure out a way to get the eff over it. CD1 will be in the second week of March. So many mixed feelings. A small part of me is excited, but mostly I’m just scared that it won’t work, and sad that it still hasn’t happened for us and all the tests haven’t been able to find a reason why.

If it doesn’t work, I’m wondering if we should just go straight to IVF. I’m 35 years old and my insurance will only cover up to a certain lifetime amount of ART treatments. I don’t want to burn through it with a procedure that has a rather low success rate, especially for women 35+. 

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  I was super scared of pain during my HSG because one of my BFF’s experience was horrible. I took 2 ibuprofen about 45 minutes before and I was fine… there was a sensation of menstrual-like cramping when they injected the dye, but it was bearable and quick. I was crampy afterwards but totally fine and back in the gym the next day. 

Post # 328
1708 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
Novella:  lots of hugs and FX for you. πŸ™ can your doctor see you asap?

Post # 329
1485 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  YES PLEASE!! That would be amazing! If we plan something, I will for sure keep you all posted! 

View original reply
Novella:  So sorry to read this. Hoping it is nothing serious. Hugs!

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 23’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors