(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 23

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 331
370 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Novella:  Oh im so sorry to hear that ๐Ÿ™ 

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Thank you so much, I hope you are blessed with a BFP soon too! Its great being able to share our struggles with each other. Good luck to you ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 332
1545 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  I’m kinda using Whole30 as my inspiration, meaning I’m not following it to a T. But am using it as a guide. I’m cutting out grains as much as possible, but don’t entirely avoid them. For example, I had something with bread 1x last week. I am trying to cut back on sugars, but that’s the most difficult thing for me. I read up this weekend on how much sugar can wreak havoc on the hormones and I felt super guilty for my ice cream cone on Valentine’s Day. I also made people cookies for Valentine’s Day, and ate one. I brought one to enjoy with lunch today. Which is a huge improvement in my like usual 5 cookies.  So even though I’m not entirely eliminating things, I am making major improvements.

Also, my EWCM started about 5 or 6 days earlier this cycle. My OPK was a very near positive yesterday on CD13. I usually get a + OPK around CD17 or CD18. I’m hoping I do ovulate earlier than usual (CD19) because the doctor has been concerned that i’m ovulating too late. And if I do ovulate earlier, I’m more likely to stick with the new eating habits because those might be the source of the change.

Post # 333
1485 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

View original reply
vanike:  That’s kind of what I’m doing… using it as a guide. I made beef stew last night and added some oat flour to thicken it a little (better than all purpose!), so I’m not cutting grains out entirely. I’m like you when it comes to sugar. That’s the hardest for me, though dairy is a close second. I have such a sweet tooth. I had a meltdown to DH over the weekend because I felt so guilty about how much sugar I’ve consumed lately. I know it’s impacting my hormones due to my breakouts around O and AF. I’m done beating myself up over it; I just need to do better! Plus, I just ordered a new dress to wear in April in a size smaller than I am now… wishful thinking but #goals.

Hope you O early! That’s a great motivator to keep making healthy food choices! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 334
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
Novella:  Oh dear. Huggles and good vibes your way hun. ๐Ÿ™

Post # 335
1614 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
MattieK:  thanks love!  The nurse said it was fine that I’ve only been on Estrace since Saturday night.

View original reply
independencewave:  yay for IVF happening soon!  I want to avoid multiples and will be transferring one embryo.  I’m pretty small (5’3″ on a really good day) so I worry about carrying more than one and I worry about preemies.  If I were older I might change my mind as I do want more than one, but now, at 29, I’m just transferring one.

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  yes, come to NYC and you’ll have to meet up with all the NYC/NJ ladies!

View original reply
Novella:  oh no!  Sending you love!

AFM, my nurse said its fine that cd1 is today after only 2.5 days of Estrace.  I go in Thursday morning for monitoring and should start injections that night! ๐Ÿ’‰

Post # 336
638 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
MattieK:  Good luck today!!!

View original reply
Novella:  Congrats!!! FX for a sticky sticky bean who stays in place.

AFM, I went in for monitoring last Tuesday after Clmoid 50mg CD3-7, follies looked good, two of them. On Friday E2 levels were a little less than Tuesday’s levels, and the follies hadn’t grown much. I was given 3 more days of Clomid, 100mg starting on Friday. Another ultrasound this morning revealed a 20mm and a 16.3mm ready to go, so I got an HCG shot with instructions to BD tonight and tomorrow. I have to go in for bloodwork on CD 22 next week. Thinking about moving on to IUI if this cycle doesn’t work. I’m supposed to test on March 1st!

What are people’s thoughts on “testing out the trigger?”

PS: I think my ovaries are going to explode!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by JLBB-brooklyn.
Post # 337
1365 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
arielmerms:  Wishing you all the best. Have you done injections before? Any tips for a first timer? What an exciting journey, wishing you a great cycle! 

Post # 338
1485 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
arielmerms:  Ahh even more of you NYC/NJers!! I feel lonely here in the SE ๐Ÿ™‚ Hopefully we can plan something soon! Hope your injections go smooth and this is your month! xo

Post # 339
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Novella:  I’m so sorry about the bleeding.  Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts!

Post # 340
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
nightborn:ย ย Curious what insurance you have?ย  I have United Healthcare w/ lifetime max and they are being a pain w/ their approval times.ย  I was supposed to start 1st IUI cycle in December, and couldn’t since they hadn’t approved it.ย  Just did my 1st IUI cycle w/ no success.ย  I went in today for CD3 ultrasound and bloodwork.ย  My nurse just called and told me the tests were fine, but now United Healthcare hasn’t approved this cycle.ย  She said every cycle has to be approved and it’s taking them up to 15 days to approve, so basically that’s going to mean we can only do medicated IUI every other cycle.ย  I am fortunate to have insurance that covers fertility treatment and grateful for that, but what a frickin bummer

Post # 341
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

This thread has been busy lately!!  I’m following along by email but haven’t been able to respond properly lately.  Work is my main WB time (shhh….don’t tell my boss, lol) but work has been busy so I haven’t been able to get on as much.  I’m thinking about all of you!

vanike:  HaaaveYouMetTed:  I love Whole30!! You guys can totally do it. I did a Whole30 before Christmas and it really changed my eating habits….including slaying my sugar dragon.  I’ve since transitioned into a much less strict Paleo lifestyle with a few cheats and I feel so much better and have dropped 20lbs fairly effortlessly.  Although I’m still not pregnant so unfortunately it wasn’t a magic cure for me like I was hoping, lol.  

arielmerms:  Yay for your first IVF cycle!! I hope everything looks good at your first monitoring appointment!

Post # 342
1614 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  this may sound silly, but I was thinking about it for a while the other day and since I’ve never seen a BFP before, I wouldn’t want my first one to be from the trigger and not from a pregnancy.

View original reply
weightwatchers152:  I have not done injections before.  I’m kind of nervous!  I spent a while yesterday watching injection videos on youtube.

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  there are a ton of us!  I missed the last meetup bc I had the flu, but there were 7 girls there!

View original reply
mkat37:  thank you! ๐Ÿ˜˜

Post # 343
1485 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
mkat37:  Slaying my sugar dragon is my goal! I’m really going for something sustainable so hopefully this does it. 

So, as some of you may recall, I wanted to see a regular endo before seeing my RE on 4/12. My fear with the RE is that they will just work to get me pregnant without fixing the problem with my thyroid (if there is one.. hence the reason I wanted to see the regular endo prior). I just learned today that the soonest I could get in to see the endo is May ๐Ÿ™ I really don’t want to cancel my RE appointment and put it off any more. 

Those that see/saw an RE, did they at least start with bloodwork? According to a friend of mine, her RE went straight to IVF without any sort of bloodwork (which I thought was odd, but who knows). I’ll of course share my concerns with my RE and push for baseline bloodwork.. just curious about experiences!

Post # 344
1708 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
soontobemrs1011:  lucky me, I have United as well. I was supposed to start this cycle but it took them 2 weeks to approve. ๐Ÿ™ 

Post # 345
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

I’m spotting today, so this might not bode well for bebe jag. ๐Ÿ™ 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 23’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors