(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 23

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 361
1485 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  Sorry about the spotting 🙁 I hope it is nothing serious and baby Jag is just getting extra snug in there! Any better today?

Post # 362
1485 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

View original reply
arielmerms:  Good to know! I will definitely check to make sure they are testing my thyroid. I just have a gut feeling my two losses were a result of something to do with my thyroid. 

View original reply
vanike:  I’ve read that taking a B-Complex is better than taking just B6 since it helps with the absorption of B6. I took it a few months ago and I think that’s what resulted in my second BFP (which was a CP). Hope it helps bring your sticky!

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  My primary doctor is kinda meh. I’ve never been too impressed with him and I just haven’t found another doctor I like yet. We have two cycles prior to the RE so hopefully one of those will bring us some luck and we won’t need the RE!

View original reply
Novella:  Sounds like a good number!! I hope this week flies by! Happy 30th! 

View original reply
vanike:  I would say almost positive, but I feel that’s all the more positive mine get. GL!

Post # 363
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Sorry for the massive catch up, this has been a chatty board!

arielmerms:  HaaaveYouMetTed:  thanks ladies! 

weightwatchers152:  I hope you’re psychiatrist and RE can come up with a plan that will work well for you. It must be tough to try and balance everything, hopefully the injectables do the trick!

independencewave:  Super multiple-averse person here. Basically I am pretty small, 5’2″, and overall petite build, so the thought of having two people inside me is just terrifying. Beyond that, the idea of double newborns, double toddlers, double college tuition simultaneously is terrifying. Of course there is the extra health risk to the babies, and probably most importantly/selfishly, I have wanted for so long to be a mom, and I love tiny babies, so I wouldnt want to be SO overwhelmed that I didn’t enjoy that phase. I am sure one newborn is overwhelming enough, I just want to have some tiny but if energy to actually enjoy the baby. Of course it’s completely a personal decision, and I would never judge someone else’s choice, this is just my logic for the decision my husband and I have made 🙂

independencewave:  Also, re PGS, we are doing it. Basically I have old lady eggs (even though I’m 29), and since I have ovulated and had good BD timing 19 times with only a CP to show for it, my RE thinks we will likely get a lot of abnormal eggs. So PGS is worth it for us, to eliminate as much heartbreak as possible. 

hogoboom2012:  We are most likely going to do two retrievals back to back, unless we get a shockingly amazing outcome for the first retrieval. Either way, we won’t be doing a fresh transfer, since we are doing PGS, so it will be a FET either way. 

nightborn:  Hooray for approval! I did my first injection this morning, and it really wasn’t bad at all, but I freaked myslef out so much  I had to lie down after cause I felt like I would pass out, haha.but I’m a weenie, and it really didn’t hurt much. We did one IUI and then went straight to IVF for the same basic reasons, I have DOR, so my eggs will only get worse from now, so I didn’t want to waste any time on procedure with less than amazing success rates.

futuremrssquiggs: HaaaveYouMetTed:  Yes, come to NYC! @Arielmerms and @JLBB-brooklyn and I are here too, and meetups are the best!

JLBB-brooklyn:  omg, the ‘sploding ovaries feeling from clomid is the worst! But that’s exciting that you had two mature follicles, fx this is the ticket for you! I tested out the trigger, because if I got a bfp, I didn’t want to wonder if it was lingering trigger or  not. Totally a preference!

HaaaveYouMetTed:  My sugar dragon is my bff, I dont know why you would want to kill yours. What will you do with all your feelings? 🙂 And OMG, the RE took 9 vials of blood the first day, and then another 5 a few weeks later. I can’t imagine doing IVF without knowing if there’s something easily fixable wrong first.

Mrs. Jaguar:  Oh no, hugs to you. Hopefully it’s just extra implantation.

Novella:  Nice! But man, week? They are definitely not making this easier! Enjoy your extra long birthday celebration!

Post # 364
1708 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  here is hoping it’s nothing and bebe Jag is staying put! 

Post # 365
1708 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Novella:  good news – hope that week flies by and things continue to look great! 

Post # 366
1708 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
MattieK:  thanks for telling me it didn’t hurt that much – I’m such a huge wuss when it comes to pain! Hope the rest of your injections (and IVF cycle) are a piece of cake. 

Post # 367
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

arielmerms:  MattieK:  I think its so interesting that you both cited being small as reasons for not wanting twins! I am pretty small myself (I’m 5’4 and 110 pounds or so) but hadn’t considered that. I wonder if that impacts ability to carry to term?

Based on my age and my clinic stats, it looks like on average my chances of twins with a 2-embryo transfer is 20% (40% no pregnancy, 40% singleton) – so high, but not that high. The other thing is that my RE transfers 2 embroyos as a matter of policy (literally 0 people did a single embryo transfer in 2013) and I’m afraid to rock the boat.

View original reply
MattieK:  Your PGS reasoning makes sense! We don’t have any reason to believe there’s anything “wrong” with my eggs (we are doing IVF for MFI) but I am 35, and we are doing ICSI so it may make sense. It’s just so much money. We just bought a house in LA and are so so poor right now 🙂 FX for a smooth cycle for you!

Post # 368
1365 posts
Bumble bee

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven’t quite caught up with the posts….

View original reply
vanike:  Hope you O early.

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  Sounds like you are really trying with your diet. Hope that zipper glides up in April. You can do it! 

View original reply
arielmerms:  All the best with injections tomorrow! Yay! 

Post # 369
1365 posts
Bumble bee

Sorry I am not quite caught up with everyone. Trying to toggle between pages and hit reply. Not working…

View original reply
MattieK:  Thank you! I hope so too! 

Hi Ladies,

I will be finished my Provera on Saturday. Then hoping AF comes quickly and can move forward. I’ve watched some Youtube videos as well for the Puregon. Hopefully it is an easy process.

I have a question I am looking for some perspective on:

Last year when we had first started TTC, I bought these little baby runners and had them wrapped up in my closet. Well, I threw them out because the TTC process was a rough one and we were still in the testing phase for a good part of the year. 

Do you have anything ready for your DH/Partner?

I am not expecting to get pregnant quickly, just taking it one day at a time.

Have a great day ladies! 🙂

Post # 370
370 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
weightwatchers152:  I haven’t bought any baby related items yet. I guess I just wanted to wait until I was pregnant, but I am always tempted to buy stuff! I haven’t even bought a pregnancy test for at least 8 months. It’s just to hard to see a BFN every month and I guess for me I would rather wait for AF to show up. I hope AF shows up quickly for you!! 

Post # 371
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
weightwatchers152:  I bought this onesie to give to DH when I finally get pregnant

I’ve bought a few other gender neutral items I’ve seen along the way if I really loved it and/or it was a steal (a few onesies and outfit sets, Sperry’s, cable knit baby blanket, chemisty periodic table baby blocks {I’m a chemist})

Post # 372
638 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
arielmerms:  Good luck!!! This is so exciting 🙂

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  I know I’m a little late, but at our first RE apointment we had a consult with the dr, an ultrasound and they took 14 vials of blood from me and 2 or 3 from DH! Granted we were also doing the genetic testing too. All of the bloodwork showed up in my chart as IVF Panel (even though were are not doing IVF). So I think it is just standard at my clinic to get as much info as possible.

@Novella Happy early 30th and I hope the week flies by for you!

@Mrs. Jaguar I hope your little bean is staying put for you! Sending you lots of sticky thoughts.

View original reply
MattieK:  Thanks!  Ovaries are still super tender today, over 24 hours since the trigger. I’m hoping they release soon and I go back to normal! I’m still on the fence about testing out the trigger, I had a 10,000 unit hcg shot yesterday and google reveals it won’t be out of my system for 10-12 days

Post # 373
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  I also did 10,000 unit.  I didn’t test it out immediately, but I did 9 days later and it was completely out of my system.

Post # 374
370 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
soontobemrs1011:  That onesie is adorable! Also baby Sperrys are the cutest and I’ve always said I am gonna buy them for my future child haha also baby converse! 🙂

Post # 375
479 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  You are (hopefully) a few days ahead of me with the exact same situation- I took 50mg clomid and didn’t have enough response so I had to take 5 more days of 100mg. I go for a recheck tomorrow and if all looks big enough I’ll trigger in office and first IUI will be Friday. How uncomfortable are you? I will be traveling all day on Saturday (2 flights).

View original reply
weightwatchers152:  I haven’t bought anything. It would be too painful for me. I had trouble buying a baby gift for friends. I have an idea how I would tell DH but I have a feeling it won’t happen “that way” because nothing has gone in my favor when it comes to getting pregnant.

View original reply
soontobemrs1011:  That onsie is super cute!

@Novella Happy birthday!!!!!! 

@Mrs.Jaguar Thinking of you, hope today is better

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 23’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors