Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: Both 30

How long you have been together: Together 8 years, married 4 1/2

How long you have been TTC: 18 months

What number child you are TTC for: first

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: unexplained

Known Issues: No known issues. I have a slightly bicornuate uterus (heart-shaped), but the doctors don’t think that is affecting our TTC. However once we do get pregnant, it increases my risk for mid-term miscarriages and premature babies.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: Getting up the courage to have the big TALK with my husband. I’ve given him more than enough time, now I want a plan. We need to discuss the merits of IUI versus going straight to IVF. Our insurance covers nothing.

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? We just got back from Florida. My husband promised we could go back to our honeymoon location in Mexico for our 5 year anniversary (coming up in June), but now we’ve decided to save that money for fertility treatments instead. How depressing. So at the moment, that’s it. I might drive out to DC in April to visit a college roommate.

Post # 3
826 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Carry over from the last thread…

View original reply
weightwatchers152:  The weather was absolutely perfect. Sunny and mid-70s every day. Although, I came back to the midwest to 60 degrees on Saturday, so that’s pretty darn nice too!

View original reply
independencewave:  Naples, Florida. My husband had a business trip and I tagged along for some good sun and pool time. 

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  Aww, I’m glad you guys were able to catch a glimpse of the little one!

View original reply
Mrs.LaFountain:  Happy belated birthday! I turned 30 last year, and it was definitely a tough one for me.

View original reply
Novella:  Yay for the great beta numbers!

AFM, AF arrived on Sunday right on schedule. However, it is SO heavy. Literally the heaviest period I’ve had in my life. Normal for day 1 =  super plus tampon every 3-4 hours. This cycle’s day 1 = super plus tampon every 1-2 hours. I went through TEN yesterday. By my rough estimates, that’s a half a cup of blood in one day (and “normal” by medical standards is 2-3 tablespoons for the entire period). Plus, I’m having massive amounts of giant clots. Has anyone had their period fluxuate this much? It’s just so weird being that the past 17 cycles have been totally textbook. I’m wondering if I should bring this up to my RE.

Post # 6
1591 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 28/30

How long you have been together: Together 7.5 years, married 3.5 years

How long you have been TTC: Started NTNP November 2014, actively TTC January 2015. Currently on Cycle #15.

What number child you are TTC for: First!

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Not sure yet. We have our first appointment with an RE in April.

Known Issues: Possible RPL. Our first BFP was in our third cycle trying, MC’d at 5 weeks. Our next BFP was five cycles later and was a CP at 4 weeks. It’s now been ~6 months since and I can’t seem to fall pregnant again!

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc): This cycle we tried changing things up a bit from our usual routine. We’ve hit EOD and added Mucinex and Zinc (though I didn’t see much of a difference in my CM with Mucinex). I got a +OPK Saturday, so we probably hit O-3, O-1 and we’re going to try for O+1 and O+2 tonight and tomorrow. TWW has commenced…

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? Florida in April for a long weekend, and possibly a visit back home in May. I’m also really hoping to make it to NYC in the summer! 

Post # 7
383 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: Both 30

How long you have been together: Together 6 years, married 3 years (in May)

How long you have been TTC: A year and a half

What number child you are TTC for: 1

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: unexplained

Known Issues: High TSH, DH still needs to do a SA

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) I’m taking a prenatal and my thyroid medication I started this month. 

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? (if you don’t have any planned, get on it! You deserve it!) No trips planned yet!

Post # 8
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  Far from an expert here, but does your clinic offer “rapid” PGS? We will be transferring fresh embryos on Day 6 based on PGS results from Day 5. If that’s not an option, I’d probably go with Option 1 – I’m the type of person who needs to know everything, and gaps in information would drive me insane. If the cycle didn’t work, I’d stress about why, and if it did work, I’d stress about abnormalities!

Post # 9
1591 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

View original reply
jammer62:  Sorry about AF! My periods do fluctuate sometimes – one month will be extremely heavy, the next, not so much. My periods have also been getting shorter throughout the last few months. I used to be all of 7 days; now I’m heavy for 3 days, light on day 4, and spotting day 5. I meant to ask my OB about it but forgot, so hopefully it’s nothing to worry about! Your trip sounded wonderful! We’re heading down that way in April (Fort Myers) for a long weekend and I can’t wait to just relax. 

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  We stayed in the mountains of VA last August and it was gorgeous! We had a great time. I’m not too familiar with all the IVF stuff yet, but if it were me, I would want to have the PGS results ahead of time. If we got bad results during the TWW, I would be a mess. I hope whatever you decide to do gives you your perfect, sticky baby! 

Post # 10
278 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 35/29

How long you have been together: 6 years, married for 1.5

How long you have been TTC: This is cycle 8 (I think!)

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Explained

Known Issues: MFI – low morphology. Everything else looks good!

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc): Starting our first IVF cycle in 2 weeks! Yikes!

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? (if you don’t have any planned, get on it! You deserve it!): We are going to Whistler, BC next week for a week-long ski trip, then a couple of trips back East (NYC and Philly) in May to visit family & friends. We are undecided on where to take a summer vacation – maybe a rock climbing trip to Colorado? Whether or not I’m KU will influence where we go ๐Ÿ™‚ So far in 2016, we’ve been to Hawaii for a surf trip and Utah & Wyoming for ski trips, so I’d be okay with something low-key.

Post # 11
1882 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 35/35

How long you have been together: Together 8 years, married 1.5 years

How long you have been TTC: since October 2014. 

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Unexplained. All my numbers are in the normal range, I have regular periods, the HSG showed a normal uterus and open fallopian tubes, husband’s SA results were great. Pretty frustrating because obviously SOMETHING is wrong…

Known Issues: None. My initial TSH count back in June 2015 was a little high but that’s been under control with meds since August 2015.  

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc): continue BD every other day. IUI Injection class tomorrow and having our first (and perhaps only) IUI in March. I’m thinking if the IUI doesn’t work, we go straight to IVF and not waste any more time and insurance money. 

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? South Florida in late April for a wedding, a couple of trips to NYC (my best friend lives there and I’m only a few hours away in DC), and a possibility of a trip to Israel in the fall for my cousin’s wedding (they are newly engaged and still deciding on the exact date).  

Post # 12
1609 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 38 and 43

How long you have been together: 3 years together. Married for a year and a bit

How long you have been TTC: 1 year

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: explained now I guess

Known Issues: just back from the Dr for my blood work (cd 3). Looks like DOR which is devastating. Fsh was 16 in the results. Everything else was good though. Next step is a RE to see if anything can be done. My obgyn said I shouldn’t have to wait long which is good.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) what the Dr recommends I guess

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? Right now Ottawa in a few months. Not exotic but should be fun.

Also we’re getting a dog which is exciting.

Post # 13
278 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
jammer62:  I’m glad you had a chance to relax in the sun! Business trip hanger-on vacations are the best, I totally crashed a “corporate ski trip” DH was invited on earlier this month ๐Ÿ™‚ Actually, I went out a couple of days before DH did, lol. 

I had two super heavy and weirdly timed cycles (38 days and then 28 days, when my normal is 31-33) recently too. I brought it up to my RE, and he barely acknowledged it. Not sure if it’s because we are scheduled to begin IVF soon, so my natural cycle doesn’t matter any more? My RE is kind of a jerk though, so who knows. If yours isn’t, it can’t hurt to bring it up ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
1111 posts
Bumble bee

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 30

How long you have been together: known for over 10, married for almost 3

How long you have been TTC: two years in a few months

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: explained….kind of

Known Issues: Lean PCOS for me and none for DH although his count is a little low sometimes

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) A few more medicated IUIs and then IVF and then surrogacy and then adoption. 

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? (if you don’t have any planned, get on it! You deserve it!) Walt Disney World and Disney Aulani–can’t wait ๐Ÿ™‚

Weirdly enough, I’m excited to get back my infertility treatments next month after 3 month break. I’ll be doing Follistim and ovidrel again for my 3rd medicated IUI. It will be with a frozen sample since DH’s schedule is still really crazy. 

Post # 15
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 27/33

How long you have been together: Together 3.5 years, married 8mos.

How long you have been TTC: Just a few months but we are same-sex so have been working with an RE since the beginning.

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: “Untested” because I’ve never been in the position to get pregnant before, as I’ve always dated women. 

Known Issues: None yet, if this cycle fails I’ll undergo more testing. My RE takes “the path of least testing necessary” and only tests after 2-3 initial failed cycles. 

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) I take a prenatal, 2000iu of vitamin D and fish oil. I’m on a monitored cycle so I went in CD11 and she told me not to come back until CD15 because of my small follicles. IUI with donor sperm somewhere in the neighborhood of this Friday. If this is a failed cycle we’ll discuss testing/medication and go from there.

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? (if you don’t have any planned, get on it! You deserve it!) My wife is planning a trip to Chicago for my birthday in April! She also has secret plans for our anniversary in June which I think will involve a getaway. We always go to the Outer Banks for 2 weeks in August and we discussed a trip with our best friends (a couple) and their children in July. They live in Dallas and we’re in DC so maybe we’d meet in GA or SC? It’s in the beginning stages. This was an awesome Just for fun because I am now so happy thinking about these trips!!

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 24’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors