posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 31
1485 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

View original reply
LarLa:  
View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  My Mother-In-Law went through a MC, but none of our parents have experienced infertility or RPL. I’m reluctant to share with my mom as she always speaks before she thinks (ex: a friend of mine committed suicide in high school and when I told her, she responded, “Well I guess you weren’t much of a friend!” So yeah… that’s what I deal with with her). DH’s parents are divorced and I’m not terribly close with SMIL (plus her daughter is pregnant and I don’t really feel like hearing about it, so I keep my distance). Mother-In-Law is really the only person I feel comfortable confiding in and sharing our struggles, but I also don’t want to weird her out since this basically involves sex with her son lol I’m usually an open book but this topic is a whole new area. 

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  FX for a longer LP that brings you your BFP!

Post # 32
1485 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

View original reply
Chloeeee:  I think if my first MC wasn’t so public, we’d probably keep our struggles to ourselves, even at this point. My first MC was at my SIL’s bachelorette party 9 hours away from home, so I kind of had to tell everyone why I was sobbing in the bathroom. It was terrible. I feel guilty for taking away the surprise for everyone when we finally do get pregnant.. though I suppose it’ll still be a surprise when it actually happens!

Post # 33
781 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Yeah, I used to do the towel thing too. Last night, I set my Fitbit alarm to go off every 2 hours to remind me to go to the bathroom. The worst.

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  I told my mom over the summer, right after we got our initial bloodwork and SA done. She doesn’t ask about it too much. She pretty much lets me bring it up when I feel like it. I update her on major appointments. I’m pretty sure she told everyone she knows, which originally upset me… but now it’s sort of nice because people stopped asking us when we’re going to have kids. My husband told his parents over Thanksgiving. They also haven’t brought it up since, but I know it weighs heavily on my Mother-In-Law. I didn’t feel weird at all talking about it with her. She wants grandkids as much as we want children, and I know she’s been praying for us.

Post # 34
370 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  Oh that’s awful! I’m so sorry πŸ™ and you’re right, it will still be a surprise and your family will be so ecstatic for you! πŸ™‚

Post # 35
1301 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  I wouldn’t share with people if you don’t want to. I’m really super close to my mom and tell her basically everything.

Post # 36
355 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 32/34

How long you have been together: Together 4.5 years, married 3 years this Friday!

How long you have been TTC: Since October 2013, so long.

What number child you are TTC for: 1

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: I’d say both.

Known Issues: MFI with low motility and count, but I think his numbers have probably come right again. They are strongly affected by his overall health. So when we had the low numbers, he was really ill and had been for months. But we’ve also had normal test results for him as well (before the bad ones). Found out that I have a retro uterus (mom has it too, but apparently it won’t hinder things). Suspected hypothyroidism and waiting on a referral to get an ultrasound to check for fibroids. On the waiting list for publicly funded IVF here in NZ, so just playing the waiting game now.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Not doing anything really. I’m still taking my vitamins and we are DTD when we want to. No charting, OPKs or pee sticks in my future. Sitting just past O-day, I think, and had a bit of spotting today. Not sure what that was about. My body sucks.

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? (if you don’t have any planned, get on it! You deserve it!) We’re going away this weekend for a night in the Marlborough Sounds at a friend’s holiday bach. I think I’m going to plan for us to get away in April to Golden Bay for a couple of nights. Then in August we’re going on a week long trip to the West Coast here. My mom and brother will be coming to visit so we’re going to take them on a little tiki tour. Considering also planning a girls weekend in Christchurch or Wellington come October, but nothing nailed down yet.

Post # 37
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Hey guys, hope you don’t mind if I lurk and follow on? I still feel this could go pear shaped at any minute! 

Post # 38
1015 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Thank you! Hopefully, but I’m currently on a 40 day plus cycle so I’m not holding my breath. Good luck with your hybrid-IUI! 

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  Our families know. Everytime we were with family we got the “when are you having babies?” question so we felt it was time to be tell everyone. So far everyone has been really supportive and they’ve stopped hounding us about having a baby, which helps my sanity. They thought we were just taking our time. 

Post # 39
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  I’m joining the chorus to say unlimited IUI — jealous! Glad your progesterone is a good number!!

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  I made the mistake of telling my sister and now she texts me every day (seriously, every day) for updates. It’s very sweet but I put the kibosh on it and keep my answers noncommittal and have communicated needing to lower my stress about it. My aunt (who is like my mom) knows we’re trying but that’s it. My wife’s siblings know our plans but not that we’ve started and her parents are in the dark. I see my Mother-In-Law every day so I expect her to figure it out but my wife wants to wait until we’re pregnant so they don’t worry… Because they’re worriers. 

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Thanks! Writing about them got me all excited which is great because I don’t technically have a day off between now and Memorial Day so I needed to remember there’s light at the end of the tunnel πŸ˜‰ i used to volunteer every summer at a camp – it was amazing! And where is MX is your missions trip? I love it there so much!

Post # 40
1708 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  my mom knows we have been trying for a while and obviously it’s not happening, but no details (and if my mom knows, then my dad definitely knows. haha) Honestly, my parents are very sweet and so loving, but when bad things happen, they tend to get more upset than I do, and then I have to comfort them… I just can’t. πŸ™ The only other person who knows is my close friend who referred me to her RE (she had her baby in November after 3 years of trying and doing IVF). So basically I’m trying to spare my parents the heartache, and as far as other people, I’d rather they think we don’t want kids than deal with people’s opinions and questions and pity and the “relax and it’ll happen!”

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  of course you are still welcome. 

Post # 41
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
jammer62:  Seriously, he is abrupt and rude, and doesn’t seem interested in communication. I had a question about PGD and his office said it would be $100 to talk to him on the phone, oh and they don’t bill phone consults to insurance. I was like – errrr I’ll just Google it. Honestly, I don’t care if my RE is nice or not, but I just don’t feel like he has my best interests at heart. All this to say, if your DH doesn’t like your RE and you are able to switch, I would… this process is sucky enough without having a doctor you don’t trust or like.

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  I’ve never been to Colorado in the summer, I’ll bet it’s gorgeous πŸ™‚

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  My parents know. I filled them in so my mom would *stop* hounding me about when the graaaaandbabies were coming. And I’ve told close friends, because I need the support. My DH is the opposite – he does not feel comfortable talking about it, so nobody in his family knows. 

Post # 42
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 28/32

How long you have been together: 10.5 years together, 3.5 years married

How long you have been TTC: 13 months, 10 long cycles

What number child you are TTC for: 1

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: yet to be determined (probably explained)

Known Issues: super high AMH (possibly lean pcos?), weak ovulation, lowish progesterone. Tubes are clear. SA was great.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Charting. Continuing our diagnostic testing. Today was post-O bloodwork, so late next week will be ultrasound and CD3 bloodwork. Then after that a saline sonogram. Next RE appt is 3/21 when we’ll get our plan for next steps in place.

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? (if you don’t have any planned, get on it! You deserve it!) We’ve been to Las Vegas already for DH’s birthday. We’re planning to go to Portland in July for a friend’s wedding and also the Track & Field Olympic trials while we’re there. I’m saving a crapton of money (secretly) and if we’re not pregnant by the fall, I’m buying us tickets to Sydney for New Year’s (or Hawaii). I want to go somewhere warm. 

I hope it’s ok that I continue to lurk/cheerlead for now, ladies! I’m learning so much, but don’t feel like I have much to offer right now (at least until we get some information and some next steps).

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  Option 2 sounds like the best of both worlds, but I’m soooo not an expert in PGS!

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  NYC in the summer sounds lovely! Fingers crossed your TWW flies by!

View original reply
independencewave:  Your trips sound amazing. You are a vacationing pro!

View original reply
nightborn:  Israel would be so cool!! 

View original reply
LarLa:  I’m so sorry about the DOR diagnosis. What crappy news. But exciting that you’re getting a puppy! What kind?

View original reply
Ham1320:  Your Disney trips sound fantastic!

View original reply
EL2101:  Chicago is great (if I do say so…) I hope it’s warm here when you come in April!

View original reply
mkat37:  I really hope your RE is right and IUI does the trick for you! I had to tell my parents about our struggles because of a trip also. I had planned to run the Boston Marathon this spring (as something to look forward to while TTC), and they were so excited and were planning to hop a flight to go watch. But with recently seeing the RE and him forbidding me to run at all, I had to tell them it was a no-go and they wondered why. They’ve been awesome so far, so I hope if you have to tell your family that they are wonderful about it too!

View original reply
soontobemrs1011:  If I may ask… what was your progesterone? I just had mine today and the nurse called and said it was at 8. High enough to confirm ovulation, but lower than ideal. Is your RE doing anything about the progesterone?

View original reply
arielmerms:  Happy IVF cycle to you!! Also, my DH got a mop for his birthday (and a golf magazine subscription), so I might not be the best person to suggest a gift… πŸ™‚

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  I am keeping my fingers sooo crossed for you this cycle!

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Can’t wait to hear about your missions trip to Mexico! Did you get all the funding you guys needed to build the extra house?

View original reply
debinoxford:  Happy Anniversary!

Post # 43
1301 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
ruby26:  Thanks. Yeah it sucks but I expected it and was prepared. We’ll see what the RE says when I get in. My OBGYN was hopeful they can try some things.

We’re getting a beagle. Big hunting culture around here and also a big tradition of mistreating beagles :(. Things like not feeding them everyday, keeping them outside in pens…things like that. There is a great organization – Beagle Paws – that rescues them. My husband has been wanting one for years now but didn’t think his elderly cats (now passed away) could handle a dog.

Post # 44
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 30/29 (he will be 30 in May) 

How long you have been together: 6 1/2 years  Married 3 1/2 

How long you have been TTC: Since Jan 2015 1 year and 1 month 

What number child you are TTC for: Number 1

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Explained PCOs

Known Issues: PCOs is our big hurdle. HSG is clear and Dh’s swimmer are great. I have done six medicated cycles need help ovulating. Three clomid and currently in the TWW of my third Femera cycle. 

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) If this cycle does not end in BFP (fingers crossed) we plan to move on to IUI. Which will mean more meds, more OPKs, etc. Also have been taking a prenatal since we started TTCing. 

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? (if you don’t have any planned, get on it! You deserve it!) Nothing planned as of yet. We may be going to Florida to see our neice this summer also some of DH’s family lives down there, depending on things. I would ove to also go up to Maine agian , thats where we got engaged almost five years ago. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 45
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 31/31

How long you have been together: 12 years (dated 10, married 2)

How long you have been TTC: 1 year

What number child you are TTC for: first

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: thought it was explained… now not so sure

Known Issues: Husband had a very poor SA result in October. We started seeing our RE in December. Then he had SA #2 and it came back great!!?? Just went for SA #3 to make sure – don’t have the results back yet. I had a sonogram and cycle monitoring (many internal ultrasounds). and we have both had blood work. We meet our RE on March 1st for all of the results. Excited for the appointment to come so we know what we are dealing with… but super nervous at the same time.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc). keep taking my prenatail vitamins. Seeing the RE… we’ll just have to wait and see what happens at our “results” appointment

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? (if you don’t have any planned, get on it! You deserve it!) Nothing planned. We just had to put our sweet dog down πŸ™ and that took any trip $ we had (we had ER vet bills because we were fighting his illness). We might be going camping somewhere this summer for 2 days with friends. And my mom and sis are coming to visit this spring (separately). 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 24’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors