(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 24

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 496
2200 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
arielmerms:  Those are great numbers! Did you transfer 1 or 2?

View original reply
LarLa:  That sucks donor eggs is a more complex process in Canada :(. Is it legal, what kind of things do you have to do in order to be able to do donor eggs? Could you travel somewhere for a donor egg ivf cycle?

View original reply
Aqualov:  That is an awesome price reduction! FX it works. It is pretty crazy how much more expensive medical related things are in US. Entire IVF cycle (fresh and all frozen) with meds in my home country would be around 3k. But of course traveling and taking so much time of work and loosing a paycheck does not make it practical at all.

View original reply
Dreaming13:  Girl, I totally hear you on I can’t do any more waiting park. Feel the same. As a patient, if you feel your emotional resources are running low, and you can’t do any more failures with “mild” fertility treatments, I think you have every right to push RE to do IVF sooner. It is your time, mental energe, money, etc.

View original reply
MattieK:  FC for Lupron flare doing the trick! End of March is approaching soon!

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  6dpo is a perfect time for implantation stopping πŸ™‚ FX. New curved Frer should give you an accurate result at 11dpo. Now it detects as low as 6.2 hcg. And if it really was implantation spotting, 5 days past is plenty of time for hcg to circulate around πŸ™‚  

Post # 497
826 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
accorn:  A belated congratulations!

Not much going on around here. I’m 10DPO and feeling the same as every other month. This is our last natural cycle before IUI. I’m excited to move on to IUI, but holding out a tiny bit of hope that my body will get it’s s#!t together for once and do what it’s supposed to do, naturally.

Post # 500
1609 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
solnishko1186:  it’s legal but my understanding is you have to know the donor. You can pay their expenses but can’t compensate them further than that. People do often travel outside the country for it.

Just had my appointment. At blood collection now. Blood test for amh. The test is apparently expensive and our health board restricts who can order it. Also have to repeat cd3 bloodwork and have a check of my afc. The re said the conversation from there depends on the results. 

Post # 501
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
solnishko1186:  we just transferred one.  FX for good results when you get them tomorrow.  I’m thinking of you!

Post # 502
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
vanike:  Sorry your insurance pulled authorization. It’s tough when all those big bills come in at once. FX it all works out for you.

View original reply
accorn:  Congratulations!!! This is so exciting!! I love stories like yours πŸ™‚

View original reply
EL2101:  I’m so sorry about AF. Good for you for advocating for yourselves.

View original reply
mrsdanish:  Welcome! I know a couple that will need a surrogate when the time is right for them, so I’m really excited to follow your story πŸ™‚ They plan to use their eggs and sperm too. Currently they are still saving up for it.

View original reply
weightwatchers152:  yay for only a little bit of fluid! 3 weeks for AMH results sounds like a long time. Thanks for asking, I am just today feeling more like myself. Plus my 71 year-old employer asked me if I’d considered that my illness could be morning sickness :/

View original reply
LarLa:  Good luck at your appointment today! I like your optimistic thinking πŸ™‚

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Welcome back and FX for the BPF this week! I was following your blog a bit, it is amazing what you can accomplish in such a short time. Can you explain what a hydrid IUI is? Is that oral and injectable meds and IUI?

View original reply
MattieK:  I’m so glad you have a super snuggler to keep you company this month! I’ve been thinking about you. Hoping the lupron flare is just the ticket!

View original reply
Dreaming13:  I’m so sorry you are having a tough time with all the waiting. Hugs to you.

View original reply
Aqualov:  I’ve been thinking about you! So psyched you scored such a discount on your meds by being so savvy!

View original reply
arielmerms:  yay for rising betas! keep us posted on the ultrasound. H & H 9 months to you!

View original reply
nightborn:  This is my second cycle on Clomid and I was on 100mg this cycle too (CD4-8). I’ve only had a mild headache and an extra thirsty, other then that the symptoms have been bearable for me. I don’t think the symptoms have any baring on how much it works for you. FX for good news at your monitoring appt!

AFM, finally getting over the nasty stomach bug I had. I ate real food last night for the first time since Wednesday! Also, when I returned to work this morning my 71 year-old employer asked me if I’d considered that my illness could be morning sickness :/

CD11 monitoring was on Fri and my Dr had me return on Sunday AM for another check. Apparently I do not have a cyst on the left side anymore, instead I have 4 follicles! 2 on each side. DH is a little freaked out that there are 4 potential eggs, I asked the doctor about it and she isn’t concerned at all. I just keep tell DH the chances of all 4 taking is so very small. We are ok with twins, but not more than that. Also, my Dr. is amazed by my lining which was over 8mm on Sunday. She said usually Clomid thins the lining, but on me it isn’t affecting it at all! The eggs on the right side are a little smaller, 14mm-16mm or so and per the nurse’s vm yesterday I am to go back again tomorrow (so the smaller ones have time to catch up). Most likely we will trigger tomorrow AM and IUI will be Wednesday morning (CD16 and my 35th birthday)!

Post # 503
826 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  That’s great that you have 4 good follicles! I’ll be crossing my fingers that one (and only one) of them works!

Post # 504
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Wow, lots of exciting activity over the weekend!

weightwatchers152: So glad you got hopeful news! FX that it continues!

accorn: Congrats!

MattieK: Snuggly furbabies are the best, it sounds like you lucked out!

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Thinking of you!

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  Sorry to hear you were sick, and ugh about your co-worker. People can be so clueless. And happy early birthday!

AFM, I had my first monitoring appointment this morning (after 4 days of IVF shots, 300 iu of Gonal F). I have 11 follicles, all between 7 and 10 mm. What should I make of this? Is this good news? It sounds low to me – I feel like I’m always hearing about bees getting 15-20 eggs!  All the nurse said was “we are looking for double digits” and my RE doesn’t explain anything (example convo from this AM – Me: “when do I start the menopur and cetrotide?” Doc (curtly): “we will let you know” Me: “…..”) 

Post # 505
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
independencewave:  I’m no expert, but that sounds like really good results for 4 days in!

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  Thank you!  It definitely requires some saving…a bit of an expensive journey, for sure! πŸ™‚

Post # 506
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Thinking of you today. Hoping you get good news from the doctor.

View original reply
jammer62:  Looks like you and I are in the same place! I am not sure what cycle day I am on, as I decided to not temp/OPK this last natural cycle. DH and I were even able to have some spontaneous BDing for the first time in what feels like forever! I am so hoping this “Carefree” attitude will lead to a natural BFP before next month’s IUI, but I am trying not to bank on it. DH went for his SA today and we meet with our RE to discuss the next steps on the 28th. 

Have you all shared with your employers that you are having fertility treatments? Just wondering how everyone works with days off. I am a teacher, and I have plenty of days to take, but not sure how understanding my principal will be with two late days back to back for IUI, and then subsequent months if needed.

Post # 507
1882 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  
View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  thanks for the info ladies. I need to let go, stop obsessing and just wait for monitoring to tell me if things are working or not working.

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  glad to hear you are feeling better! And ugh on your employer. πŸ™ Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly tomorrow. 

Post # 508
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  I’ve been struggling with telling my employer too, especially since he seems to suspect we are trying. I’ve decided not to say anything, its really none of their business. My work-day starts at 8:30, but my clinic is an hour away. I get up at 5:00am and leave by 6am, arriving at 7. Appointments can be 30min up to 1.5 hours depending (it is a first come first served system for morning monitoring). I’ve been late a few times, and will be late after my IUI this week. I just say I have a doctor’s appointment and leave it at that. I know other people on this thread are teachers too so maybe they can chime in? I know it is more difficult due to start time etc. @arielmerms and @ruby26 are both teachers I think….

Post # 509
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  I am a teacher.  My boss doesn’t know – I told him I’d be missing a few days due to ‘health issues’.  My school day starts at 7:15 (but I like to get there before 7), my clinic opens at 6 and is 15 minutes away from both my house and my job.  Luckily I haven’t been late to work because of morning monitoring yet.  My place tends to be pretty fast – just bloodwork I’m normally in and out within 10 minutes; bloodwork and ultrasound hasn’t taken more than 20 minutes yet.  A few colleagues know and if I text them saying I’m running a few minutes late they would sign me in, unlock my door, and throw something up on the board for my kids (high school).

Post # 510
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Whew, what a day. Had my follow up ultrasound. I’d expected to do an additional menopur today with a trigger tomorrow, so I didn’t bring my meds. Well, they wanted me to trigger at the appointment at 9:30am. Oops. So I had to run home on my lunch break (40 miles each way) to get the injection done by noon.

Anyway, my AMH levels were 2.1. All he really said was that it was still somewhat in the “favorable range” and what he expected of me given my AFCs and response to medications. AMH was 5.8 about a year ago.

I only had one main follicle  at 22. The other two were at 13 and 11. So I’m pretty bummed about that, and hoping it doesn’t affect our chances too much.

Triggered today around noon, will have first insemination tomorrow around 1pm.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 24’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors