(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 24

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 511
1889 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  I’m a teacher too. I’m elementary, and our school day starts at 8:15. Myself and our Spanish teacher are both struggling with infertility. She has already done one round of IVF and has her second FET this week, so she’s taking Thursday and Friday off. We both told our principal (a man)separately, and he’s been understanding about taking days. I took today off for my SIS, and will have to take days in the future for treatments. 

If you’re uncomfortable divulging the whole truth, do what arielmerms did- just tell him/her that you have some health issues that may cause you to be out here and there. Having talked with other teachers at my school who have struggled with infertility I knew it was safe to tell my principal. And my 3 other teammates (other special ed teachers) know what’s going on so I let them know if I’m going to be late or what days I’m out. 

Sometimes I feel guilty, but you need to do what’s best for you. You deserve to have a life outside of school, and hopefully your administrator agrees and accepts that! We give our students 100% every day we’re there… we deserve to give ourselves 100% too!

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  That sounds like a happy birthday!

View original reply
independencewave:  I hate not getting an explaination. How much harder would it be just to add 2-3 sentences about what you’re thinking? C’mon doc. 

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Fingers crossed for you!!

Post # 512
826 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
vanike:  Good luck! One good follicle is all you need!

Post # 513
1609 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
vanike:  Good luck! You only need one!

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  My manager knows we are trying to have a baby and having trouble. I’ll talk to her if we get a treatment plan. I have lots of leave on the books.

Post # 514
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

View original reply
independencewave:  11 follicles is a solid healthy number, especially for day 4. You can get more as the cycle progresses. Also, if you have too many it can reduce quality. Personally, with my DOR I’d give my left arm for even 3-4!

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  I’m a college professor and I shared with my department chair, i.e. my boss. I will likely miss a few days of classes and there’s no subs in college, so I wanted him to know that I had prepared for this ahead of time (I plan to record my voice over my PowerPoints and post them online if I miss a day). I also wanted him to be prepared for Winter Semester maternity leave just in case, as it’s likely we’ll have at least one faculty out on it. I have a collegue who teaches the same set of classes that I do who is also doing IVF, with much better odds than us, who has not told him she’s doing IVF. Likely at least one of us will be out, plus we have a third collegue, also in the same rotation of classes (of course!) who will be on sabbatical that semester too! If one of us were out, we’d manage, but with 2-3 gone they’ll need to do a short term hire. Plus, if I move to Ireland as planned, at least my boss kind of had a heads up to plan for hiring someone. I feel less bad about putting them in the situation this way. I obviously won’t tell them until I know about moving for sure. I love my job, I just want to move more:)

Post # 515
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
mrsdanish:  Thanks for the encouragement, FX your cycle continues to go well!

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  I work for myself but have been thinking about getting a “real” job (mostly bc I miss having coworkers, my cat is good company but doesn’t gossip much πŸ™‚ – and am having a related problem. How does one handle having a new job and a new pregnancy at the same time? Ugh. 

Post # 516
278 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
ruby26:  I know, I am so fed up with him. I hope this cycle is successful so I can stop seeing his smug face!

View original reply
Aqualov:  Thanks for the encouragement – I really have no idea what is “normal” and of course, more *sounds* better. I hope your next cycle is a success, and that you get to keep both of your arms in any case πŸ™‚ What field are you in?

Post # 517
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

View original reply
independencewave:  Haha, I’d love to keep both and hold my own baby in them too πŸ˜‰ I’m in Biology

Post # 518
3563 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hi ladies! I’m back! πŸ™‚

We’ve been on a break from the Dr’s for a few months, so I haven’t been that active up here because there hasn’t been much to share. 

Today I had my annual pap, and discussed with my Dr what steps we should take moving forward.  I was hoping to get the ball rolling for an IUI, but looks like I get to hop on the Clomid train again at a higher dosage than the last time, and we’ll do the trigger shot.  He thinks that my natural ovulation is happening a few days late, causing me to ovulate “overripe” eggs.  I also had a blood draw done to check out my thyroid again.  I’m CD8 today, so we’ll have to wait until the next cycle to start Clomid again. 

I hope you all are doing well! I’m hoping I’ll get a chance today to read through the thread some to catch up a bit! 

Post # 519
1609 posts
Bumble bee

So I had a crappy weekend (feeling better today). But I got such awesome news today! I’ve been after my husband to go on a vacation and he says we don’t have the money. Well I just got retro pay from my job that I didn’t know was coming! Enough for a great vacation. I’m so freaking excited right now that its ridiculous!

Post # 520
278 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Aqualov: I flirted with the academic lifestyle, but dipped out after grad school. I regret it some days, but I was burned out!

View original reply
LarLa:  Yay for surprise vacation money! Where are you thinking of going? 

Post # 522
1609 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
independencewave:  We thinking of going to Orlando right now. We thought about Cuba but dont’ really want to go to the Caribbean with zika still happening. I know it will probably be in Orlando as well by then but I’ve never seen a bug in Disney so not that concerned really. We’ll be waiting until after my next RE appointment as the test results will be in and hopefully we’ll have some sort of a plan. Or no plan if it looks bad. Either way a vacation will be in order!

Post # 523
799 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I had my CD3 baseline ultrasound and blood work done today and everything was fine.  I start cycle #2 of clomid tonight.  I go back next Wednesday for monitoring to see when to trigger and IUI.

Post # 524
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  Fellow pharma girl here, as well!  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

View original reply
independencewave:  When is your next ultrasound?  I’ll be so anxious to hear how everything progresses!

I had my Day 10 scan/labs today, and I’m at 30 follicles, with 14 of them being large.  My RE wants to go another day to give some of the smaller follies time to catch up.  So I’ll take my last dose of stims tonight, trigger Wedmesday night, and then retrieval on Friday morning!  So nervous and I just want to get it over with!  Crossing my fingers that most of the eggs are of decent quality…the quantity has me a bit worried!

Post # 525
3059 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
Aqualov:  Hey there! It’s been years since I’ve been on WB, but I’m pretty sure I remember you from before I left WB. I received a message from a fellow Bee that you had bought your IVF meds online. Do you mind PM’ing me the information on where you purchased? I had bought all my IVF meds last year before we were to start IVF in August, found out we were pregnant, however it was ectopic. Now that we’re gearing up for IVF again, all of my meds have expired πŸ™ I simply cannot afford the $3,700 it will cost to replace them. Thanks!

PS, sorry to just jump into the thread like this. Prayers and hugs to all of you! This is such a heart-wrenching journey and I hope you all receive a beautiful miracle on the other end of this! <3

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 24’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors