(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 24

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 541
1601 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
jammer62:Β  Congratulations!!!! I’ve been following your TTC threads and I am so very happy for you!!!

AFM, dental work today :(, but a good cycle monitoring this morning. 2 follies at 12mm, no fluid in uterus, and they think I am finally starting to respond. I go again Thurs. A very experienced ultrasound tech told me that she thinks the mass is too big to be a tube and if it was hydrosalpinx and tube acting up I’d be in a lot more pain. She told me about a procedure where they can put in a camera and take a look. She had been following my ovulation charts too. A glimmer of hope this morning… πŸ™‚

I will write more soon.Β 

Hugs to all.Β 

Post # 542
1863 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  We’ll be doing a combination of oral and injectables. Femara (7.5mg) for CD3-8 and then Gonal-F starting CD8 til whenever she says the follies are big enough. Trigger shot after that and then progesterone after IUI. 

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  I have.  I’m an admin assistant for a college ministry. Our executive director over our entire ministry knows (I had to tell him when he asked me to go to Haiti this past summer and I was just starting the TWW for a Clomid cycle) and then our campus minister knows. They don’t know all of the details, but we did tell them we’re going through infertility. It’s an hour (one way) drive to our clinic, so I told them that I’ll be missing time at work for appointments. But my schedule is very flexible and I can easily make up the hours.  They have both been incredibly supportive for both me and DH which has been awesome. 

View original reply
vanike:  Glad the IUI went well!  Those sound like some good numbers and it only takes one follie!

View original reply
Aqualov:  Moving to Ireland sounds like so much fun!  I hope this is your BFP cycle finally!  You’ve worked so hard for this – yay for getting your meds for a great price!

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  Welcome back!

View original reply
LarLa:  what a fun surprise!  yay!!! Have fun planning your vacation!

View original reply
mrsdanish:  woohoo!  I hope the retrieval goes well! 

View original reply
jammer62:  YAY!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  Woohoo!!!  Post the FRER pics too! 

View original reply
MattieK:  and that is why I never want to go back on BCP.  I had no idea how much better I felt off of it until we started TTC. No more for me thanks!  Hope this protocol works better for you and you’ll get a lot of superhero quality eggs πŸ™‚ 

View original reply
weightwatchers152:  glad your monitoring went well and you’re starting to respond! 

AFM, BFN yesterday (huge downer.  I was so sure this was it for us) and a big temp drop today.  Kinda surprised AF isn’t here already, but since I’m working late tonight, I don’t really mind her waiting until I’m home either.  We waffled on it for a long time yesterday and today, but finally decided to move forward with hybrid IUI.  As soon as AF shows up, I’ll call the RE and get the ball rolling.  If this one doesn’t work, we’re going to take a break from doctor’s again so we can save up again for another IUI and then try again in the summer. 

Any tips for a successful IUI? 

Post # 543
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
jammer62:  congratulations!!!!!!

View original reply
vanike:  that sounds like great news!  FX!

View original reply
MattieK:  BCPs are the worst!  Hoping so hard for you and thinking of you daily 😘

Post # 544
826 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
soontobemrs1011:  
View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  
View original reply
mrsdanish:  
View original reply
EL2101:  
View original reply
independencewave:  
View original reply
mamabeartobe:  
View original reply
nightborn:  
View original reply
Ham1320:  
View original reply
vanike:  
View original reply
LarLa:  
View original reply
MattieK:  
View original reply
weightwatchers152:  
View original reply
hogoboom2012:  
View original reply
arielmerms:  Thanks everyone! I got to the store and decided to buy a digital only. Here it is!

IMG_4676_1

I was able to squeeze out a bit more pee after the positive wondfo, then I got these tests at Walgreens and ran to Target to buy a onesie. My husband got home 5 minutes after me, and I just had them on the coffee table. I said, “I did something today that saved us a LOT of money!” and he was shocked. No tears, but lots of hugs. We’re completely shocked. That said, I did look at my chart yesterday and think that it was one of my best looking charts ever. Normally my temperatures are all over the place, but this month they were the most consistent they’ve ever been. I feel like I had a good strong ovulation.

Now for the mushy part… The first thing I wanted to do when I got a BFP was tell you guys about it. You’ve been there for me for the past 7 months, and a bunch of you even longer back on the 6 month boards or charters thread. Thank you for all your positivity and nice words on the hardest of days. I am heartbroken that each and every one of you can’t experience the exact same thing today. I won’t stick around, because I know that’s painful, but I’ll definitely check back in to see how everyone is doing. Fingers crossed this little guy or girl makes it!

Post # 545
1986 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
MattieK:  
View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Thank you!

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  4 houses in 3 days?!? That’s impressive.

View original reply
Dreaming13:  I had much better luck on letrozole, I wish you luck!

View original reply
Aqualov:  Yay on lowering med cost!

View original reply
EL2101:  Sorry about AF πŸ™

View original reply
arielmerms:  Congrats on the great beta!

View original reply
jammer62:  Thank you so much and congratulations to you as well! And your last cycle before IUI!  Just in time!

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  Thank you! Yay for your follicles, I don’t think I would worry about all 4 taking.

View original reply
independencewave:  I think that’s a good number, I’ve definitely heard of much lower.

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  I had to talk to my employer because I was taking so much time off, she asked if it was FMLA related and I talked to benefits, so I didn’t have to tell my boss.  That said I eventually fessed up about the situation.  It was a little uncomfortable because benefits are my coworkers, I work in HR as well.

View original reply
vanike:  Good luck!  All it takes is one follicle. 

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  Can your doctor test you progesterone to figure out when you are ovulating?

View original reply
LarLa:  That’s really exciting!  

View original reply
mrsdanish:  That sounds great!  

View original reply
soontobemrs1011:  Good luck with your cycle.

View original reply
jammer62:  Haha, that’s so much cuter than when I told my husband…he was literally in the bathroom too and I was just like…you have to be kidding me and showed him the test. 

Post # 546
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
weightwatchers152:Β  glad you had a promising monitoring appointment today. You have been such a trooper this cycle!

View original reply
hogoboom2012:Β  I’m so sorry about the bfn. I know how hopeful you were about this cycle. Huge hugs. I hope your IUI goes smoothly and ends with the BFP you so deserve.

View original reply
jammer62:Β  OMG!!! Congratulations!!! I’m so thrilled for you. Can you share some of your pre-IUI luck with me before you leave?!

Post # 547
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
jammer62:  YAY! So happy for you!!! :o)

Thank you all so much for sharing about your employers. Sounds like most of you have understanding bosses, which must be such a relief. I think mine will be as well, if I needed to tell her. I ended up sharing with her about my second miscarriage because I was unsure of when I would pass the pregnancy and would need to take time off. 

I am such a creep, my husband went for a SA yesterday, and I signed onto the patient portal to see if the results were up. Low and behold, they were! Any experienced bees know what any of this means?:

Volume 4.0 mL
Concentration 80 Million/mL
Motility 78
Progression 2.5
Total Motile Count 249.6 Million/mL

It then has almost a second set of numbers? 

Volume 1.0 mL
Concentration 46 Million/mL
Motility 87
Progression 3.5
Total Motile Count 40.0 Million/mL
Swim Up 0
Pure Sperm 1
Pentoxy 0
Chymotrypsin 0
1800g 0
Mechanical Backup 0
Normal Morph 7
Amorphous Head 80
Acrosome Defect 13

I know I should just wait for the doctor to talk to us, but I also know I can’t :o)

Post # 548
969 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
vanike:  sounds like a great cycle! I’m keeping my fingers crossedfor you for  the next two weeks. It’s your turn, lady!

Post # 549
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Pushed for a medicated cycle and I got it! It was a total pain to get including a nurse on vacation, two dud nurses covering her cases before I got a winner. Lots and lots of phone calls! CD3 monitoring tomorrow morning and then I’ll get a protocol in the afternoon because my dr had left for the day already. I’m assuming it will be a standard clomid cycle.. 

Post # 550
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

you’re living the dream 

View original reply
jammer62:! Fingers so crossed for you. I feel like we’ve been together for so long on these boards. So many good wishes for you!  

Post # 551
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
weightwatchers152:  great report! Good luck with your dental work — my husband is a dentist, and I still get crazy anxious before the dentist!

View original reply
jammer62:  I am so so happy for you, and lol at “I did something today that saved us a lot of money”. I’ll be stalking the pregnancy after miscarriage/infertility board for your updates! 

View original reply
arielmerms:  Thanks love, I’m thinking about you too — so happy for you to see those betas rising! If I didn’t know better, I would think there’s two in there πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜ 

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  SA results are so confusing, because there are different criteria that can be used, but they have the same name. Maybe others have more experience. When do you meet with the Dr to discuss?

View original reply
EL2101:  HOORAY! Good luck! If you have a choice of clomid or femara, take the femara! It has the same rate of pregnancy, lower rate of multiples, does not thin your lining, and has WAY fewer side effects. πŸ™‚

Post # 552
3563 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
jammer62:  Congratulations!! 

View original reply
accorn:  Yeah they could, I’ve had it done before, along with charting, OPKs, & vaginal ultrasounds all show that I do ovulate naturally, but it’s usually around CD18.  His theory for the Clomid is to just give us more “targets”, increasing our chances. During the last clomid cycle (last October/November), he found two 22mm follicles on CD13, and his concern is that those would be “overcooked/too ripe” by the time my body decides to O naturally on CD18, so we did the trigger that one cycle, and then we took a break from the Dr.    

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  In regards to employers, my HR lady knows we are dealing with some infertility issues, but she doesn’t know details.  She basically just knows that we’re trying to have a baby, and that I go to the doctor.  My boss doesn’t speak much english, he pretty much just thinks that I have a health issue that requires a lot of appointments that are sometimes last-minute scheduled. 

View original reply
EL2101:  Good luck to you! 

Post # 554
1882 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
jammer62:  love it! Yay! What a hilarious way to tell your husband. πŸ™‚

View original reply
EL2101:  that’s great! hopefully that’ll speed things up.  

Apparently I spoke too soon regarding the Clomid side effects. Took the last dose last night. Had a crying meltdown yesterday when the injectables (Gonal-F and Ovidrel) came in the mail because it made things feel so real (thankfully my husband is on work travel this week… I never cry and he would have been so freaked out). Then woke up at 3 AM basically tearing off my pjs due to an epic hot flash. Opened a window (it was 66 in the house), but still couldn’t sleep any more after that due to continued hot flashes. CD9 monitoring tomorrow at 7:30AM. 

Post # 555
1882 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
vanike:  fingers crossed hard for you! 

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 24’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors