(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 24

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 46
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
jammer62:  Thank you. Ya its been hard the past couple of days since. Really werid not to be in my 20s anymore. Guess I thought I would be farther towards my baby making goals by now. 

Post # 47
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  My husband told his parents & brother. Mainly because parents wouldn’t stop asking. Also, he wanted to see if there were any problems in his family (since, initially we started seeing our RE because of his poor SA). I don’t think he has told them much other than we are going to an RE. I haven’t told my family. I want too…. but I don’t really know how to bring it up. And also, I feel bad for my parents… they will be amazing grandparents and i wish they already were! I have told some of my closest girlfriends which has been great for me

Post # 48
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
LarLa:  we had a beagle!! He was our baby, amazing companion. We just lost him in January 🙁

Post # 49
1301 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
future_mrs_m:  So sorry about your fur baby. Worst part of having one is saying goodbye.

Post # 50
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
ruby26:  do you live there? It’s my hometown! I grew up in Evanston but lived in the city for 8 years after high school. I miss it and my family sooo much. I can’t wait to be back!!!

Post # 51
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
future_mrs_m:  I’m so sorry to hear about your dog! 

Post # 52
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
LarLa:  Fortunately, DOR isn’t a death sentence. So many women with DOR can get pregnant… I believe that your RE will be able to get you knocked up! And yay for a rescue beagle! How exciting! 

Post # 53
1498 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
EL2101:  I grew up in the western burbs, lived in the city for college, and am back in the western suburbs now! DH and I live along the Stevenson between 294 and 355. Close enough to head to the city in 30 minutes if we want to. So great that you get to come back! 

Post # 54
355 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  Stay if you feel like it! I hope you don’t need to though.

AFM, still spotting today. In 2.5 years of TTC, I’ve only mid-cycle spotted once. Now twice. Hate it.

Post # 55
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
future_mrs_m:  Very sorry about your dog 🙁 I know how much that hurts!

Post # 56
29 posts
Newbee

View original reply
EL2101:  
View original reply
ruby26:  I grew up in Northbrook! Nice to see some people from home even if I don’t live in the area anymore 🙂

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 28/30

How long you have been together: friends for 9 years, dating for 5 years, 1 and a half married

How long you have been TTC: year and a half

What number child you are TTC for: 1

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Explained

Known Issues: Him: 3% strict Morphology. Our doctor said with the rest of things being ok or great that it is a “B” grade semen analysis. Post wash all our counts have been fine, same with motility and everything else, but of course post wash they can’t tell me what the morphology looks like… Me: 28 day period, ovulate fine. Only thing that’s popped up on me was on the HSG my uterus was pulled to one side(explanation: endometriosis(I’m asymptomatic )or pelvic scarring possible). I saw a different doctor for my IUI this time who said it could be completely benign and just “have flopped over there” for the test. 

Your TTC plans for the next few months: Just did IUI #2, will hopefully NOT do IUI #3, planned lap for april to figure out what exactly is going on down there and get an actual diagnosis.

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? (if you don’t have any planned, get on it! You deserve it!): I unfortunately don’t have any planned BUT it seems like everybody is coming to visit me! My sister and brother in law are flying in next month, and my parents are coming for my surgery(woooo….) We’re on an aggressive pay down student loans plan at the moment, which limits some of the bigger and more fun trips we’d like to do. 

Post # 57
1498 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
LarLa:  I’ve been thinking about you all morning. I’m really sorry for what I said above. I meant to be encouraging, but now I feel like what I said sounds dismissive. Please accept my apology and know that what I meant was to say “DOR sucks, but I have faith that you will bring home a little one!”  

Post # 58
12265 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 36/31

How long you have been together:  8 years, married 5

How long you have been TTC:  3.5 long ass years

What number child you are TTC for: 1

Known Issues: mild PCOS, i just make craptacular eggs.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: Just did my 4th ER on Sunday.  7 of 20 eggs mature and fertilized.  Waiting on a day 3 report tomorrow, and hoping for day 5 xfer.

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? Nothing set in stone, toying with the idea of going to Europe: Vienna, Prague, and Budapest.

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  If I were going to do PGD at all, I’d do it on all of them, so option 1.  You could do the testing, then immediately start prepping for a FET the following cycle.  They should have the results by the time you’re ready for a xfer again.  Why is the clinics FET rate low?  Do they have trouble thawing?  Do they freeze all embryos tested and not tested so maybe it’s lower due to untested embryos?  I would try to see if it’s justifiable before getting to worried about the numbers. I feel like “top” clinics have those great numbers cause they push testing the crap out of everything – they push for day 5 blasts, they push for PGD, they end up with great numbers cause they try to do every test under the sun they can to guarentee it.

Post # 59
12265 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
LarLa:  I’m not sure if you are part of inspire board, but they have a High FSH group (https://www.inspire.com/?section=topic&topic-1702=1&group_id=200177) with lots of ladies who have high fsh and low amh and many who have found sucess.  One of their key recommendations is to make sure to work with an RE that specializes in DOR.  SIRM is highly recommended by many of them.

Post # 60
1301 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
ruby26:  I took it the way you meant so no worries! Funny that at church this past weekend the priest talked about how everything happens in its own time. I just have to believe that if I’m meant to get pregnant I will and if we’re not then we won’t (and we’ll adopt). Either way we’ll have our family.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 24’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors