(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 24

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 587
2788 posts
Sugar bee

mrsdanish:  Oh goodnesie…. That is some big production egg factory in there J You must feel a bit bloated. Honestly, ohss is such a crapshoot. My RE was convinced I will get it (23 eggs, E2 around 6,000 at retrieval, very enlarged ovaries and some fluid already at ER), he called us few days after ER and tried to persuade us to cancel the fresh transfer and freeze all (we took the risks and did fresh transfer). All I got was bloating for few days, and that is it. I don’t think bloating on its own would even qualify as ohss, and if it was, it was very mild. So I had all the risk factors and nothing. And some people get very severe type with much lower levels. I was too worried about quality over quantity. But seemed almost all eggs were mature and all but 1 fertilized. We had a steep decline between day 3 and 5 and only got a few blasts. I am not sure if egg “quality” is to blame on that or something with the sperm or just the protocol/lab/etc. It seems that so many REs are ready to jump on the lets blame the eggs bandwagon, but completely ignore the sperm issues and other factors. 

nightborn:  16 is def getting there! I think first injection on your own is the worst, but after the one get very used to it. The needles to inject are tiny, barely feel it going in. I was nervous too at first as my Darling Husband did all the shots, until he had to travel and I had to do 3 shots a day on my own. Eventaully, I liked doing them myself better (it hurt less) 🙂 Don’t be intimidated by mixing, all you are doing is mixing “water” with the drug. As long as you get all the powder in there, it all that matters. Youtube has some helpful videos.

Post # 588
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Kabatchy2be: Welcome! NIce to see you, although I hope your stay here is short 🙂 I hope the insurance approves you so you can go straight to IVF (if that is what you want)!

solnishko1186:  Ugh, I don’t even know what to say… I’m thinking of you! I can only imagine how difficult this limbo is for you….

nightborn:  good luck with the mixing today! You can do this.

RunnerBride13:  I’m glad you have a plan for round 2 and I hope you get yourself on board soon!

mkat37:  Thank you!!

futuremrssquiggs:  Thank you!!

mrsdanish:  Good luck with your ER tomorrow!!

Post # 589
2788 posts
Sugar bee

Aww..WB is duplicating my posts.

Post # 590
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

RunnerBride13:  Yes, tomorrow bright and early at 6:30!

solnishko1186:  Thank you for the reassurance!  Haha, yes, it does seem that I’ve got quite the factory going on!   I’m pretty bloated right now, living in yoga pants and sweatpants!  You’re right…after reading different experiences, OHSS really does seem like a crapshoot.  I’ll keep my fingers crossed.  Severe OHSS doesn’t sound like a fun ride, but fortunately, seems to be pretty rare. 

Post # 591
2788 posts
Sugar bee

RunnerBride13:  We got 23 eggs and 20 were mature. Nope, had Long Lupron protocol so couldn’t use Lupron as a trigger. Did the full dose 10,000 iu of hcg. Dr. informed us of the risks of ohss and suggested to do a freeze all, but we took the risks. At the end, all I got was some mild bloating and that is it. No ohss at all and was feeling back to normal in few days.

Post # 592
2788 posts
Sugar bee

Got betas back – 140 (from 91 2 days ago). Ughhhhhhhhhh. So it is not doubling and not at all where it would need to be by now (already 20 dpo). But the clinic told me to still continue Crinone (even though I am bleeding already, and Crinone is probably just keeping it in there) and re-test the levels tomorrow. After tomorrow Dr. will make a decision on what to do. I told the nurse I am not taking the methotrexate no matter what, and that didn’t go over well…..

Post # 594
3564 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

solnishko1186:  Sending thoughts your way, hoping you have better news tomorrow! 

Post # 595
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

MattieK:  RunnerBride13:  I’d probably start in about a month. The way my dr is fudging is by saying I did 6 IUIs somewhere else. Apparently he’s done that before and it’s worked. He also thinks with my PCOS, saying I’m at risk for OHSS is a reason for needing to do IVF. I know youre still at (higher) risk for it in IVF, but just letting you know what he thinks will help get me approved. I’m not banking on it by fingers and toes are crossed. 

RunnerBride13:  Hope this protocol does the trick for you!

Post # 597
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

RunnerBride13:  we’re almost going to be IVF round 2 cycle buddies. I’m on BCPs until March 28, then monitoring and stims April 1st. I was on a very similar protocol last cycle — 300 iu follistim, 2 vials (which I think is 150 iu?) Menopur, then ganirelix when the follicles started to get larger. My body hated ganirelix, hense the cancellation, but overall until that haooened (and aside from the horrible headaches, which seems to have been a side effect if NY body hating ganirelix and my estrogen ranking), it wasn’t bad. The follistim injections are nice and easy. The menopur honestly sucks when you inject it (it burns for about a half hour), but other than that not terrible. Hopefully we BOTH come out of this a whole lot more pregnant 🙂

Post # 599
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Kabatchy2be:  Welcome, and ugh about the insurance. Maybe you can fake 4 IUIs, how is anyone going to know if you don’t actually inject anything? :0 

RunnerBride13:  That sounds like a similar protocol to what I’m currently on – 300 IU of Gonal -F only for 6 days, then add 150 IU of Menopur and one box thing (not sure of the amount) of Cetrotide for days 7-10. I did my first Menopur shot last night and OUCH – Gonal-F is super easy in comparison.

mrsdanish:  Holy moly! Sending happy, high-quality egg and OHSS-free thoughts your way 🙂 

Post # 600
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

MattieK:  I’m glad to hear Menopur sucked for you too (I mean, I’m not happy it sucked, just that my experience was normal!). I did my first Menopur shot yesterday and holy sh&t – that needle is so long, I’m pretty sure I hit a muscle.. and it burned! RunnerBride13:  I can’t imagine doing 5 vials of that evil substance at once :0

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 24’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors