(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 24

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 601
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

solnishko1186:  thank you for the reassurance – hopefully it will be fine. ๐Ÿ™‚ I just wish I weren’t doing my very first one ever by myself! So intimidating.

JLBB-brooklyn:  thank you! 

Post # 602
854 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

nightborn:  I thought gonal-f was a pen, which is easier to deal with! For loading the syringe, I have found that it is easiest if you suck the liquid into the syringe slowly, then point the syringe needle end up, and then suck more air into the syringe. This will make the bubbles pop and youll end up with one nice pocket of air at the top that is super easy to squeeze out. The whole flicking to get rid of the bubbles is much harder in my opinion. I don’t know if that makes any sense, but either way, you’ll do great tonight! 

mrsdanish:  holy cow 42! That’s the stuff IVF dreams are made of :). Drink TONS of water!!!!

solnishko1186:  Ugh, this sucks. I’m so so sorry you’re going through this. 

Kabatchy2be:  I’ll keep everything crossed too!!!

RunnerBride13:  I was on a DOR protocol that was luteal ganirelix, then follistim and menopur stims, then ganirelix again. The luteal ganirelix super suppressed me, horrible estrogen drop headaches, so it took 12 days of stims to get back to having any folllciles. I had 8 on day 12, and started ganirelix again to inhibit ovulation, we were thinking cd16 retrieval. But the ganirelix made my estrogen tank again (down to 300), and all follicles arrested. So the RE canceled, and I got my period like 6 days later. Now I’m doing a lupron flare, so no antagonists allowed.

independencewave:  Yeah, if you don’t have much body fat the menopur is the worst! I am fairly lean, so the only place to do it was right below my belly button. Once that area was all bruised up, I tried my thigh, and I think it went IM because OMG it was horrible! And it hurt for two days! My advice is to find the fattiest part of yourself that is allowed, and do it there! It also helped me to take a deep breath in, and then slooooowly inject on the exhale. 

Post # 604
1883 posts
Buzzing bee

MattieK:  thanks! I wish – definitely not a pen, just a vial of powder along with a saline-filled syringe.

I managed though! Was shaking like a leaf the whole time and accidentally stabbed my finger with the needle, but I managed. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 606
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Does anyone have any thoughts on thickening lining? Mine is always between 6-7mm at trigger time, though it does have the 3 stripes (I forget the term for that). I’m so nervous implantation won’t ever happen because of this. I’m going to give acupuncture a try but has anyone heard anything else on how to naturally thicken it? 

Post # 607
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

mrsdanish:  How did it go??

I had Day 8 monitoring this AM – pushing the trigger and ER back a day because the darn follies aren’t big enough. Trigger on Sunday, ER on Tuesday. At this point, I have 14 follies, the biggest five are between 16 and 17 mm, the smallest two measuring 10-12 mm. Does this sound right to you guys? Are they too different in size?

I am hope nothing goes wrong between now and then – it’s going to be a long weekend. What if they explode?! Lol

Post # 609
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

independencewave:  Haha, they won’t explode. ๐Ÿ™‚ It sounds like a good plan, to me!  

Egg retrieval went well today!  We ended up getting 30 eggs, so now we just have the long wait over the next 5 days to see how the embryos do!  They did go ahead and administer some albumin, because they’re worried about OHSS. But feeling great right now!  Went out for a nice big breakfast afterwards, and now ready for a lil nap and some March Madness!

MattieK:  Yes, totally chugging water!!!

Post # 610
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

nightborn:  hah, my first self injection, the needle slipped and I got a little slice on my belly.

Post # 611
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Have you guys heard anything about needing a certain heart rate to get pregnant?

I have a fitbit HR. I’d noticed that prior to ovulation my resting HR was about 63, and after ovulation it’d range from 70-73. I always figured it was my body trying to prepare itself for possible implantation by sending more blood the uterus.

Anyway, since I’ve started walking 3 miles a day and eating healthy (all we eat is chicken and veggies) these last 2 cycles I’ve noticed changes. My resting heart rate before ovulation tends to be around 56-57 and now after ovulation it’s only around 60-61. The nurses I work with (not fertility related job, but a couple have worked in fertility clinics in other countries) all say that my resting heart rate is too low to get pregnant.

So of course, now I’m worried/stressed. I don’t want to go back to my old eating habits and sedentary lifestyle to get my old heartrate back. And logically I know, atheletes get pregnant and they have low heart rates.

Just wondering what you guys know about it all.

Post # 612
979 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

independencewave:  Thanks! I came across this in my google search a couple months ago and found that red raspberry leaf made my cycle funky so I stopped. I didn’t try the pom juice or the B-complex (ok clearly I half-assed it) so maybe I’ll give those a whirl. Hope the weekend goes quickly and smoothly for your upcoming retrieval!

mrsdanish:  glad your retrieval went well! 

Post # 614
1883 posts
Buzzing bee

mrsdanish:  great numbers! 

vanike:  ouch! glad to hear I’m not the only one who’s done that… ๐Ÿ™‚ I felt so stupid afterwards. I could barely see the spot of the injection site but the damn finger bled everywhere. 

Kabatchy2be:  I read somewhere that pineapple core helps, but that may just be a myth… of course I’m consuming it just in case anyway. 

Post # 615
1601 posts
Bumble bee

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I am so behind on this thread!

CD 27 monitoring yesterday- estrogen from 241 to 617. Yay. Three follicles on right that are just basically sitting there, 2 on the left- 1 13mm 1 14mm. Terrible cold, I feel like crap. Puregon increased again. Monitoring tomorrow. They had mentioned trigger shot next week but… Darling Husband and I just taking it one day at a time of they do cancel cycle…I’m a very slow responder…

Lots of catching up to do!

Hugs to all…

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 24’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors