(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 24

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 647
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

RunnerBride13:  I don’t think him being not there is a big deal. I think a BFF is as good as Darling Husband. And stims are soooo unpredictable. Then again if I make it as far as ER my Darling Husband will definitely not be there since he will have just had testicular surgery the day before, so I may be biased:)

Post # 648
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

RunnerBride13:  Doctor told me to POAS on 3/31. I might try and test out the trigger, but I do know that it tends to stay around absurdly long for me (like 13 days).

Post # 649
1883 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

independencewave:  thank you and I hope you’re feeling a little better today! 

EL2101:  thank you! My only symptoms on Clomid were awful mood swings and hot flashes… 

Kabatchy2be:  thank you! 

Post # 650
3564 posts
Sugar bee

EL2101:  When I was on Clomid, I didn’t have any achy muscles while on it.  I really only had a few night sweats, and was overly emotional in the days after my last dose. 

vanike:  Ouch! Hope you feel better soon and I have my FX for you!! 

AFM: I’m in the middle of my last non-medicated “on a break” cycle.  I should O soon, but dealing with feeling like crap due to allergies/sinus funk is making BD timing difficult.  ๐Ÿ™  Part of me is thinking this is probably my last chance to conceive naturally, while the other part of me is ready to just go ahead with the meds & monitoring….at least then I’ll feel somewhat in control of this crap. lol

Post # 651
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Thanks for all of the support, ladies!  I just received the Day 3 report from the embryologist, and all 10 of our embryos are still growing!  I am feeling so relieved!  I just wish it could be Day 5 right now!  

Does anyone know what percentage of embryos are typically lost between Day 3 and Day 5?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  mrsdanish.
Post # 652
2799 posts
Sugar bee

mrsdanish:  That is awesome!! I think rate of blast formation is anywhere from 30% to 60% (that is considered normal). Of course there are some people who get all 100% to blasts and some who get 0. We lost most of our embryous between day 3 and day 5 (had about 17 going strong on Day 3, and only 5 made it to blasts at the end (on day 6, were still morulas on day 5). Did they tell you possible reasons for low fertilization rate?

Post # 653
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

MissCountryGirl727:  had night sweats/minor insomnia last night, yuck!! And then got irrationally angry about the radio volume this morning. So feeling those too, plus this dumb leg cramp! 2 more days. 

mrsdanish:  can’t answer about the day 5 but SO happy for you and all 10 embryos!!

Post # 654
365 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

EL2101:  Thank you!

solnishko1186:  Thanks for the info!  No, he really didn’t provide a lot of information, besides saying that not all the eggs were mature and some “just didn’t fertilize” (duh).  

Post # 655
2799 posts
Sugar bee

mrsdanish:  That is a very “helpful” response from the embryologist….lol.

Post # 657
1601 posts
Bumble bee

nightborn:  Thank you! How did everything go for you? How was your IUI?

independencewave:  Thanks! How was the trigger?

LarLa:  Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope all is well.

solnishko1186:  Thinking of you.

vanike:  That sucks. Sounds like you have a lot of great projects on the go and keeping busy during tww. Good luck! What does it mean to test the trigger? Thanks for any info! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kabatchy2be:  Hope your test is a breeze.

EL2101:  Hope the remainder of Clomid is relatively side effect free for you. Good luck!

RunnerBride13:  I’ve never done IVF but just wishing you well. That’s great your BFF is there for you for appts and support.

MissCountryGirl727:  Sorry about your sinuses/allergies. I’m just getting over a bad head cold and it’s not fun. Hope you feel better soon.

mrsdanish:  Great news! Yay! How is your OHSS?

AFM trying not to stress about ‘perfect’ BD timing. It is what it is. It is definetely bringing Darling Husband and I closer after months of testing and MRIs with the clinic.

Question for you ladies if you do not mind:

What do you have for breakfast the day of your cycle monitoring/procedures?

The reason I ask is because I usually have about 10oz of coffee, and some toast as I tend to have a sensitive tummy and this breakfast does not bother me.

However, yesterday for bloodwork they said I was very dehydrated and could not get a blood sample.

I wonder if I should skip the coffee and have a bunch of water instead?

I do have quite a bit of water throughout the night, and then water again with my Synthroid a few hours before my appt.

Thank you for any info.

Have a great day, ladies! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 658
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

nightborn:  How did it go today?

Kabatchy2be:  Never had a saline sono, but I hope it went well!

EL2101:  Thanks! Trigger was fine, did not burn at all. As for working out – I haven’t done anything since day 2 of stims, but more because of paranoia than achy muscles. Hope it subsides – could you be dehydrated?

Post # 659
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

RunnerBride13:  No experience with this (yet), but I’d probably just go ahead and do it without him. Impatience wins over comfort!

MissCountryGirl727:  Sorry you aren’t feeling well! Allergies are the worst.

mrsdanish:  Don’t know the answer to your question but WOOHOO! Yay for growing embies! And boo for unhelpful health care providers – ugh!

weightwatchers152:  Are you usually dehydrated, or was this a one-off thing? This happened to me once (not in the context of TTC), and I think it was just bad luck (went to the doc after a busy day where I happened to drink less water). I’d probably just make sure to drink water through the night, and then stick with my coffee/toast routine.

AFM, trigger last night was uneventful. I thought confetti would fall from the sky or something for being done with shots, haha. One question – I was told to do a half-dose (5000i) of HCG. Any thoughts on why that would be the case? I don’t think I am an OHSS risk (e2 was just over 1,000 at my last monitoring, which was Friday, and at most I have 15 follicles large enough to count). I really hope that was the right call. I haven’t had an ultrasound or bloodwork since Friday AM so who knows whats going on in there…

On a different topic: can anybody walk me through how to respond to posts across pages? If I cut and paste my responses from page to page, the tags go away!

Post # 660
1639 posts
Bumble bee

weightwatchers152:  After you inject with the trigger, you’ll be getting BFPs because it’s HCG. Some people will “test out” the trigger meaning they’ll POAS daily and watch it fade to make sure it’s out of their system, and then hopefully it gets darker again as days go by. By making sure it’s out of the system, then you can assume it’s a true BFP. If you don’t test it out, and test on say 13DPO and get a super faint line you won’t know if it’s still the trigger or an actual positive.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 24’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors