(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 24

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 91
1545 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hey ladies, we have our “what the heck do we do now after 3 failed IUIs” appointment tomorrow.

I’m starting to feel really nervous about it all.

Any suggestions on things to ask/discuss during the appointment?

Post # 92
781 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
mkat37:  I get that. Bringing it up out of the blue is the hardest part. My husband’s parents didn’t ask or pester, so we had to just flat out tell them. We were in the car on our way home from dinner, and my husband chose that moment to spill the beans. I think maybe since we were sitting in the backseat of the car and his parents were in the front, it felt easier. He didn’t have to look them in the eye. I think one of us made a comment about future children, and then my husband said something like “speaking of children, Jammer and I have been trying to get pregnant for a while now…” and went from there.

View original reply
vanike:  Boo, sorry. What’s the next step for you guys? My husband and I are trying to decide if we want to do IUI at all. I feel like all I hear is that it didn’t work for people. Sorry you guys are one of those couples too! 🙁

Post # 93
778 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 32 today (yay?)/33

How long you have been together: 6 years together, married 2 years

How long you have been TTC: It’s been a year and a half since we decided we were “Ready” We have had two pregnancies since, but both ended in MC

What number child you are TTC for: 1

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: Unexplained for now, in the process of having all of my tests done before our follow up with the RE

Known Issues: None at the time. The RE says my temp charts show textbook ovulation, I had a saline sonogram (in place of the HSG) and it showed my tubes were clear. My thyroid was swollen, so  I had an ultrasound, along with tons of bloodwork. 

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc): Trying to lose a few pounds, BDing a few more days after a positive OPK (we usually give up after 2 days lol), added Vitamin D and of course, pre-natals. I have a follow up with my RE in March, and we should start any treatments in April

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? (if you don’t have any planned, get on it! You deserve it!) Nothing. That is so sad! We are saving for a house, so no trips in our future. WAHH!

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/1-year-ttc-part-24/#ixzz411QDGRzE

Post # 94
1301 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  Happy Birthday!!

Post # 95
778 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  Not many people know about my first MC, but we actually announced our second pregnancy really early (because of COURSE it wouldnt happen twice!), so we had to tell far too many people about our losses. My immediate familyknows we went to an RE, but DH hasn’t told ANY of his friends or family. His family barely talks at all, but I feel so bad that he doesn’t have anyone to vent his frustrations to. :/

Post # 96
1708 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  happy birthday! 

View original reply
vanike:  🙁 I’m sorry. We’re starting our first IUI cycle in March and are kinda wondering if we should even bother – the rates of success aren’t high at all… are you open to moving to IVF next? 

Post # 97
778 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
LarLa:  
View original reply
nightborn:  thanks girls!

View original reply
nightborn:  
View original reply
jammer62:  I didn’t realize that IUIs didn’t have good success rates (I am so embarrassingly new at this). Is that for all people or just those dealing with particular fertility issues?

Post # 98
1015 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
ruby26:  We’re huge disney fans and I’ve never been to disney aulani or disney world so we figured why not? I absolutely love Portland–such great food. 

Post # 99
1015 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
jammer62:  I did one IUI with Clomid and then the other with injectables (Follistim and ovidrel). I felt so much better on the follistim and I had such a good response. However, they both failed. I had a ton of ultrasounds with both IUIs (sometimes twice a week and some on weekends even). Not sure that they helped though since I’m still not pregnant. I really think I don’t ovulate during the normal timeframe that ovidrel is supposed to make you ovulate and my RE doesn’t do ultrasounds on the day of your IUI. 

Post # 101
1708 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  my understanding is that it’s about a 20% success rate at absolute best (age and other issues should be taken into consideration). IVF success rates are considerably higher, but of course it’s a much more invasive and expensive process. That’s why I’m wondering whether I should’ve just skipped the IUI and gone straight to IVF.  

Post # 103
1614 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
jammer62:  oh no!  While my periods don’t tend to change too much cycle to cycle, I do usually have one day where I’m emptying my cup (equivalent to a bit more than a super plus tampon) every hour or two.  What makes the cup even scarier is that it has mL markings on the side.

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  I love the Outer Banks!  I proposed to my DH there 🙂

View original reply
LarLa:  I’m so sorry about the potential DOR diagnosis.

View original reply
EL2101:  those trips sound so fun!

View original reply
HaaaveYouMetTed:  We told my DH’s siblings at Thanksgiving and told both sets of parents right before I had my polypectomy because I was going under general anesthesia and thought they should know.  We told my older brother when he told us that they were expecting baby #2.  Everyone has been super supportive.  The parents haven’t brought up babies in a long time (score!) and DH’s siblings haven’t said anything either.  My older brother, on the other hand, wants to talk about it all. the. time.  I know he’s trying to be supportive, but I don’t want to talk about it constantly with him.  Luckily there’s currently a 14 hour time difference between us so we don’t get to talk on the phone too often.

View original reply
JLBB-brooklyn:  yay for good progesterone!

View original reply
debinoxford:  happy almost anniversary!

View original reply
ruby26:  Sydney or Hawaii for New Years sounds AMAZING!

View original reply
ruby26:  thank you love!

View original reply
LarLa:  awwww beagle!  I have a beagle mix and he is the best!

View original reply
future_mrs_m:  I’m so sorry about your dog.

View original reply
pinkshoes:  oooh, Europe!

View original reply
weightwatchers152:  thank you!

View original reply
EL2101:  grr, sorry your follicle doesn’t seem to be growing much.  I hope it picks up soon!

View original reply
jammer62:  glad to hear your period has eased up!  So far this IVF cycle, I’ve had 3 ultrasounds and I have one more tomorrow, with probably another 1 or 2 after that.

View original reply
mkat37:  yay for fixing up the nursery!

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  happy birthday!

AFM, monitoring this morning after 5 days of stims: one 18mm, one 15mm, two 14mm, and 7 little follies.  I’m upping my drugs tonight and my nurse told me to tell my ovaries to make those follies grow!  If you want to send my ovaries any messages, feel free 🙂  I go back again tomorrow morning for another ultrasound and more bloodwork.

Post # 104
858 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  Me too. I have not been there since our two anniversy/engagement trip. Want to go back and visit all the places we went where just engaged. Always have place in my heart. 🙂 

Post # 105
1477 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Hi ladies! I just wanted to chime in about the success of IUIs. It’s really all individual. Out of 3 IUIs, I got pregnant from 2 of them. So for me it was successful, for some it’s not. Best of luck! Hope to see some BFPs soon!!

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 24’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors