posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 106
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: Me 33, DH 40

How long you have been together: 8 years, married for 2.5

How long you have been TTC: about 2.5, but 1.5 of that has been on medical pause for one of us

What number child you are TTC for: 1

Unexplained or Explained Infertility: very explained πŸ™

Known Issues: DOR, poor IVF responder, severe endometriosis DH: non-obstructive azoospermia (NOA), mixed sertoli cell only syndrome (SCOS) (he doesn’t make any sperm and only very rare germ cells)

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) I recently had my 1st IVF cycle cancelled. I responded very poorly to the meds- I didn’t have anything measurable until most IVF ladies have already finished and eventually only made 2 measurable follicles. One jumped ahead so they canceled after 16(!!) days of stims. I had a follow up appointment yesterday and I’m switching from antagonist to long lupron protocol and trying again. I have to wait for AF and then I have to do BC for 2-3 weeks before we can begin again, so likely I won’t do another cycle until around St. Patrick’s day. And for anyone new, if I do respond better and make enough eggs and get to do a retrieval, DH will then have to undergo an mTESE surgery to try and extract sperm the day before my egg retreival (odds 20-30% of finding sperm). I’m currently trying to price out meds since I used up all my med insurance last cycle and I’m starting at even higher doses this cycle- 375 IU Follistim to start and then lowering it to 225 IU when I begin my 225 IU Menopur. The price of this stuff kills me. $1 an IU. WTF. Hopefully I respond better and won’t need to go 16 days to get a response.

Just for fun – What trips do you have planned for 2016? (if you don’t have any planned, get on it! You deserve it!) First of all, lol, we do deserve it! DH and I are planning on going back to Ireland in the late spring/early summer depending on how IVF goes. We went there for part of our honeymoon (along with Scotland). We now plan, if things work out as we’d like, to move there! DH finishes grad school in April and it looks like he should be able to get a job there pretty easily with his dual degrees in Computer Science and Biology. They want programmers so badly they’re even offering spousal work visas for them. We’ve wanted to leave the US for awhile now and decided to make the leap, regardless of our TTC outcome. 

Post # 108
1684 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
jammer62:  For IVF I start stims on day 3, ultrasounds are scheduled every other day from day 6 (after 3 days of stims) at my clinic (assuming your estrogen rises properly- my first wasn’t until day 15 (after 12 days of stims becuase I responded so poorly it took that long for my estrogen rise over 50!). Most ladies stim 8-12 days, so I’d expect 4-5, plus a baseline ultrasound before the cycle begins to make sure that you don’t have any cysts that might interfere with your cycle.

View original reply
RunnerBride13:  We’ve decided not to do PGS at this point becuase A) I’m still just shy of 34 and B) My AFC is so low that I will likely never get more than a few eggs, so it’s not worth the risk for us to possibly lose one. We may change this in the future is we have mutiple miscarriages or if we’re still doing this 5 years from now (God I hope not!). As to your other option, I’d do #1 is they use vitrification for their freezing, and possibly consider #2 if not.

View original reply
pinkshoes:  ‘craptacular eggs’ made me lol. I really think that the more veteran we become here the more sarcastic we become. I’ve been saying lately that I’m ’45 on the inside, 25 on the outside, but at least I look fantastic!’ In reality I’d give almost anything to swap those two:(

View original reply
LarLa:  Sorry about the DOR. It’s crushing news.

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  That teaching experience sounds scary- and amazing! You’re one tough cookie!

Post # 109
1545 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
nightborn:  We are open, I guess. The thought really just scares me. It’s invasive, expensive (we don’t have the money right now), and I really don’t want multiples. Nor do I want to be injecting so many days in a row. I still have a dark patch on my skin from my injections in January, I don’t want to end up looking like a cheetah. Right now, I’d prefer to do more IUIs.

Post # 110
1545 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
jammer62:  I don’t know, that’s what the appointment for tomorrow is about. The doctor likes to meet after 3 failed IUIs to discuss the next step/options.

Post # 111
12307 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
Aqualov:  HAHA, I’m glad you could get a chuckle.  I’m definitely a ton more cynical now. 

Post # 112
1684 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
pinkshoes:  πŸ™‚ God, I’m so cynical now too- as if you couldn’t already tell from my posts lol. Thanks for the info. I know about them and I want to use them, but I’m having some issues getting my RE to allow it- she doesn’t believe that they could really be FDA approved meds. The nurse said she could get me a physical copy, so I think I can swing it though. It’s still $3K a cycle just for the stims, even from an overseas pharmacy though:( Stupid DOR/low responder body.

Post # 113
12307 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
Aqualov:  Oh, another trick I learned (though you probably know this already too) is to order 3 300iu pens instead of a 900.  You get more overfilll and less waste.  I wish I’d learned that 3 cycles ago. I’ve had to throw out probably 800 iu cause I had 3-400 left over in my 900 pens at the end of my cycles!  ughhhhhhh.

Post # 114
1684 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
pinkshoes:  Thanks:) I’m gonna lose 200 IU from the last vial I opened last cycle. Stupid delays!

Post # 115
355 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
Aqualov:  Wow, I think it would be amazing to move to Ireland. I loved it there when I visited. Although, I shouldn’t be too jealous as I’m living in New Zealand. It’s pretty spectacular here too. But yay for moving overseas!

Post # 116
1301 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
Aqualov:  Really is. My OBGYNcalled me yesterday to let me know he was speaking to a RE and that they should be calling me with an appointment and that said appointment should be in the next month. My coworker who is pregnant from IUI saw the same RE and she said he’s good. My results showed my estrogen level is still good (normal range). I suppose that’s good? 

Post # 117
1498 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
soontobemrs1011:  Thank you for that! Yeah, the nurse called and said mine was at 8, and that the doctor looks for it to be over 15. Glad to hear that’s consistent with what you know! When I was on Clomid it was higher, so hopefully when I go back to medicated cycles it’ll hopefully go up. Also, you’re probably pretty close to me! If you ever want to meet up, let me know! πŸ™‚

View original reply
jammer62:  I love the idea of a google doc for your husband. 

View original reply
hogoboom2012:  I’m going to PM you. 

View original reply
mkat37:  Glad to hear you loved it in Chitown! It’s amazing in the summer (is it summer yet?). And yep, it SUCKS that I can’t do Boston. But in the long run, I decided I would regret waiting for baby more than I would regret waiting for Boston, so I’ve made peace with it. And yay for working on your nursery! 

View original reply
vanike:  Good luck at your appointment today. I think the most important question to me would be “Why do you think this didn’t work?” I hope you get an answer to that!

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  Happy Birthday! I’m also following up with my RE in March and probably starting in April. FX these next several weeks go by quickly for us!

View original reply
Ham1320:  If you have any suggestions for places to eat in Portland, I’m all ears!

View original reply
arielmerms:  Go ovaries GO! Make those eggs! GROW follies GROW!

View original reply
Aqualov:  Sounds like your appointment yesterday went well. Glad the protocol is changing to hopefuly get you some more eggs. And yay to Ireland! Whereabouts would you go/live? 

View original reply
LarLa:  Yay for an appointment pretty soon!

Post # 118
1545 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Aqualov:  my doctor has me using MDR pharmacy, they ship overnight.  I signed up for one of their discount programs, so meds are a bit cheaper.  I think their prices drop a bit too if you have to but a lot of certain medications

Post # 119
1365 posts
Bumble bee

jammer62: Thank you for that helpful information! Hope my post works! πŸ™‚

Yes I totally agree about the onesie thing. I too and tempted but catious.

JLBB-brooklyn: Good luck!

mkat37: Thank you!

vanike: Hope you had a great appt!

futuremrssquiggs: Happy Birthday!

arielmerms: Yay for good responses!

hogoboom2012: Wow! What a great speaking opportunity. 

AFM, today will be Day 3 of injectables.

Had to take a Tylenol last night for bad sciatic pain in my leg (I fell in the classroom I was teaching in a year and a half ago but when I went to the ER, I was not properly assessed). It flares up every so often. I don’t think the Tylenol would have interfered.

I haven’t really ‘felt’ anything in terms of the med working and I don’t really know what to look for. I did feel something around my belly button the past couple days but I don’t know if that it just scar tissue moving around. I wonder if they injections directly in my tummy would make a difference? I know I have to give it a chance. 

Hope everyone is having a great day! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 120
781 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
futuremrssquiggs:  Assuming you have no weird fertility issues that would make IUI not work, the success rates are around 15-20%. That’s LESS than the success rates in the first 6 months of women who start TTCing naturally. On top of that, being in this IF world and hearing everyone’s infertility journey, I feel like I rarely hear IUI success stories.

View original reply
Ham1320:  That seems silly that they don’t do an ultrasound the day of the IUI. That seems like the most important! Are the follicles still there? Have you ovulated already? Who knows!

View original reply
arielmerms:  I’ve tried to period cups, and I like them in theory… but I make a MESS every time I go to empty it. So I literally can’t wear it out of the house in fear I’ll have to do it in a public restroom.

View original reply
MiJeS1104:  It’s nice to hear some IUI success! πŸ™‚

Ok ladies, so tell me if I’m way off. Assuming our insurance doesn’t cover anything (I’d really rather plan for the worst case scenario), I have IUI costing $1200-$1800 per round, and IVF costing $18,000-$22,000 per round with FET being $3,000-$5,000. Does that sound about right? That should be all inclusive (drugs, ultrasounds, etc). Please tell me if I’m way off. πŸ™‚

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 24’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors