(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 24

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 122
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
jammer62:  I actually just got a breakdown from my RE via email. IVF costs are $8900.00 (for the actual IVF) + $1500.00 PICSI + $4600.00 PGS (1st 12 embryos, $250.00 each additional embryo) or $550.00 assisted hatching +$550.00 anesthesia + $700 cryopreservation-includes 1st year storage, $695.00 annually there after, Frozen embryo transfer is $3500.00. That doesn’t include the ultrasounds/blood tests, which are a few hundred a pop. Oh, and meds – I’m not sure about those. I’m in Los Angeles and I think it may be cheaper here since there are so many clinics competing for business.

If I remember correctly, IUIs were 2000-3000 a pop (we opted to skip them and go straight to IVF).

View original reply
Aqualov:  Moving abroad will be super fun. I’ve done it a few times (including the UK!) and have always enjoyed it, but I always end up back in the good ole US of A 🙂

AFM, I’m currently enjoying a sweet bout of food poisoning. It’s pretty great. This means I’m exempt from food-borne illnesses when I’m pregnant, right?

Post # 124
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

View original reply
independencewave:  Glad to hear you’ve enjoyed it! I have no idea if we’ll stay or not. It depends on how we take to it. We plan to stay, but until we actually do it, we really have no idea how permanent it will be:)

View original reply
LarLa:  Unfortunately FSH is more of an indicator than estrogen. Did you have AMH (anti-Mullerian hormone) run? I can’t recall if you said you did or not. AMH and AFC (antral follicle count, or your resting number of follicles at the beginning of your cycle) are the best indicator of your likely response to IVf meds and success. If you haven’t had them yet I’d bet the RE will run them first thing.

View original reply
vanike: I might use them or Walgreens Specialty for the Follistim as I just got approved for one of the discount programs this morning!! I applied yesterday and was suprised by the quick turn around.

View original reply
ruby26:  Wherever DH get s job lol, so likely Dublin or Cork, as they’re where the most tech jobs are.

View original reply
debinoxford:  Thanks- I bet New Zealand is amazing!

View original reply
jammer62:  Yes, that sounds about right. At my clinic in metro Detroit the required costs are as follows:

Mandatory before IVF, one time costs $5646-$6538

Preliminary bloodwork and cutures for various disease screening:$1917

One of the following: SHG, HSG or Hysteroscopy: either $1806, $2132, or $2698

Mock Transfer: $1303

AFC (ultrasound): $630

IVF Prep and Monitoring, done each cycle total $4418

Ultrasounds (avg 4-5/cycle): $630 each, or $3150

E2 bloodwork (avg 4-5/cycle): $205 each, so $1025 total

Progesterone bloodwork (avg 0-1/cycle): $205

CBC (1/cycle): $42

IVF Retreival/Transfer/ICSI total $10092-$12657 (normal total $10092, ICSI total $12020, IVF/ICSI split total $12657)

Retreival: anesthesia $2500, sedation recovery $510, oocyte/semen processing $2363, oocyte retreival $2344, ultrasound guidance $470

Transfer: embryo prep $600, embryo transfer $1303

ICSI: $1928

FET prep total $3332 broken down as follows

ultrasounds (3-4/ cycle) $630 each, $2520/cycle total

E2 and progesterone bloodwork (2 each/cycle): $201 and $205 each, or $402 and $410/cycle, total of $812

FET transfer costs $2550

zygote thaw: $645

embryo prep: $602

fees: $1303

Post # 125
1015 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
ruby26:  Literally every restaurant I’ve eaten at is great. I like to go on pdx.eater.com and scope out their best restaurants by month so I try something new everytime (we have family up there and try to go up every so often). Can you tell I’m a foodie? lol. 

View original reply
jammer62:  I know, right? I think I’m going to push for one for my third IUI. I think I also want to try the double inseminations a few days apart since DH is not available due to work. Those prices sound about right. 

AFM, I’ve only lost about 9lbs during my break and have about another 9 to go to put me back where I was (I’m 5’5″ and 125 is a good weight for me). However, I’ve noticed that my cycles are getting even longer and more irregular than they were before. I’m doing high intensity circuit training 5 days a week and I also walk about 5 miles every day with my puppy. Do you ladies think I’m doing too much? My RE said a slight weightloss could make me more regular but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Maybe I should switch to yoga instead of the HIIT?

Post # 126
1545 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
Aqualov:  Oh interesting, I’d never heard of Walgreens Specialty. I wish they had a price list on their website.

Post # 127
1684 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
vanike:  They’re about the same price as Metro drugs. I like to use them becuase they have a local headquarters in Canton, MI, which is on my way to my RE’s office, so I could physically pick up my meds if needed. 

Post # 128
781 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
Aqualov:  Wow, so many numbers! My head is spinning. Thanks for the details!

Post # 129
1684 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
jammer62:  Haha, I know, right? I thought about PMing it, but I figured for all that typing someone else might as well be able to use it too lol

Post # 130
781 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Aqualov:  Definitely! It’s super helpful.

Post # 131
781 posts
Busy bee

I’m curious to you ladies doing IVF (or heading that way)… how are you paying for it? If you’re financing, do you know how much your monthly payments will be?

I think my husband are more in the mindset that we’d rather just scrounge and get it all over with up front than have monthly payments. My parents offered to lend us some money, but I don’t think my husband is comfortable with that (“it’s like they’re buying their own grandkids!”). 

Post # 132
1061 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
jammer62:  We borrowed some money with a personal loan, but that also covered some debt consolidation we already had. Our repayments are about $150/wk. For our actual IVF cycle my in laws helped us out with the out of pockets – which for us was about $5000. I really wish we didn’t have to do that. We covered our FETs ourselves with a mix of the loan money & scrounging. We are very lucky to be in Australia though and have our Medicare system that covered a lot of the costs associated with our treatment.

Post # 133
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
weightwatchers152:  Thanks! I feel a little better and am about to attempt to drink some tea. This could end badly.

View original reply
Aqualov:  Either way, it will be an experience you will never forget! I found living in the UK to be super easy, they are culturally similar and more importantly, speak English! I also lived in Hungary for a while and had a really hard time with it. I have so much respect for immigrants now!

Post # 135
1614 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

This mornings monitoring did not go as well as I had hoped.  My little follicles never grew, so we’re going forward with the 3-4 I got.  I gave myself my trigger tonight, which was subcutaneous and not intramuscular!  I was freaking out about self-administering an IM injection and I’m so glad I didn’t have to.  My egg retrieval is set for Friday morning.  I’m hoping so hard that I actually have 3-4 eggs, that they’re mature, that they fertilize, make it to blast, etc.  Thanks for all of the support ladies, don’t know what I’d do without you all!

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 24’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors