(Closed) 1 Year + TTC – Part 25

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 481
2238 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Frohike:  GL!! Just out of curiousity, how much does it cost to have a donor egg cycle?

Post # 482
2238 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
EL2101:  Sorry you are not feeling good. Haven’t heard of progesterone giving those s/e,  but everyone is so different. Could it be anxiety and stress?

View original reply
Aqualov:  Thx 🙂 Yeah, I will tell them “gently”. This nurse is so not nice though when not following “instructions”. After transfer, right before the beta (just for few days) I did 2 crinones a day instead of 1 (no harm in doing more progesterone) just because I was sooo terrified of getting AF before even having a chance to test the blood beta (as they do it kinda late at 10dp5dp and my natural LP is about 13 days) and she scolded me for that. LOL.

When is your next E2 check/US?

Post # 483
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
accorn:  I’m so sorry for your loss. Hope you will be able to move forward at your own pace. Xoxo

Post # 484
905 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
solnishko1186:  it totally could be. i have a really crazy month between work obligations and personal obligations.

Today I’m feeling much better vertigo-wise but am very emotional. a crossing guard yelled at me and I sobbed, SOBBED for about 30 minutes. Then in a work meeting became teary during a video that centered around trauma. I wasn’t tearing up for myself, just in empathy. I stopped the prometrium — worrying about the side effects made it just one more thing to worry about. 4 more days until I can test and AF is due. At this point, I’m so over this cycle I don’t think I’ll be too upset if it’s BFN. 

Post # 485
1915 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - backyard in the woods

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Ugh. I hate it when they get upset when you’ve done your research, made an informed decision and then told tme about it. I mean, I could not tell you guys you know! My next appointment is tomorrow morning.

Post # 486
2238 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Aqualov:  Yup. One time I was talking to her on the phone about something and said ” I had a question about something I read” and asked the question. Her reply verbatum was “you should stop reading stuff”. Ugh. I doubt I am an only patient they have who is researching everything they can to try and find answers to questions after dealing with IF for what feels like forever. Because every time I talk to RE it feels so rushed, they don’t really answer anything and wait 4 weeks to get a “review appointment”. Maybe if they actually talked to their patients throughout the process (not just nurses) and didn’t make them wait so long for an appointment, we would not have that much time on our hands to “read stuff”.

GL tomorrow! Hope 6 follies are catching up 🙂

Post # 487
442 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
solnishko1186:  there’s a huge range in pricing (as everything, right?) so it depends on the clinic. Clinics that used outside agencies were priced so high it literally took my breath away! I ended up with a clinic that had their own internal pool of donors which was more financially reasonable and it seemed easier to go through the donor selection process without a middle man.

with the donor fees, testing, PGS, meds for her and me, and transfer, a dedicated cycle will run approximately just above 30K, plus whatever it takes to transport my lone embryo from my CA clinic to them to also get it transferred. That’s for a dedicated cycle. We had the option of sharing and splitting a cycle with another couple where we each pay half the donor costs, that would have come to about 25 or 26k to go all the way to transfer. We are hoping to only have to do one donor cycle, so while saving the money would be great, it’s not so much proportionately if we don’t get enough embryos and have to do a second cycle, so we just want to do a dedicated cycle. 

A lot of clinics have their donor cycle costs online, and the range is crazy!! This really comes out to a PGS ivf cycle + about 10k

by the way, I’m so sorry your dr is resistant to talking about research..both REs and my OB (who handled my ectopic so) were very open about asking me if I had questions, not just about what they were telling me, but also what I read on Dr. Google…nowadays it’s expected that you will get info online. Your dr should be willing to answer your questions on it, even if they disagree with it (which is fair-generally someone who went to 4 years of college, 4 years of med school, 3 years of residency, 2-4 years of fellowship, and then practice SHOULD be more reliable than google, but there’s absolutely no harm in you doing research and their addressing it with you)

Post # 488
1882 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Today’s beta #3 is 499, so over double Wednesday’s 207. My RE wants me to do one more beta on Monday, however, because he feels my initial beta was a bit low at 85. Nurse told me not to worry and that the numbers look good, but I’m still pretty worried. Do these numbers seem low to you guys? 

Post # 489
1882 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
independencewave:  how is everything going today, beta twin? 

Post # 490
3563 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
solnishko1186:  Is there any way you could find another Dr in your area to take over your treatments?  It seems like you’re just a number to this current Dr…you should never be made to feel like your questions are bothering them! 

View original reply
Frohike:  30K?? Holy cow! 

View original reply
nightborn:  I don’t know much about it, but seems to me that if it’s doubling, it should be good! Maybe pop into the Pregnancy after infertility board and ask those ladies for their insight?

Post # 491
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
nightborn:  Still waiting for results! They usually call around 3pm (PST)… dying here, again.

How many DPO were you at your first beta? Check betabase to see where you were relative to others in your age group. My first beta was 89 at 13 DPO, which is a little bit below average (so yes I am worried too). But AWESOME news on great betas!

View original reply
Frohike:  Wow, maybe I should look into being an egg donor. Oh wait….. 

Post # 492
1882 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
independencewave:  hope they call asap! I was on pins and needles until the nurse called (and I am still on pins and needles after that phone call).

I was 14dpiui at first beta. I’m sure I ovulated the day of the IUI, though we BD the following morning as well. My RE would have liked the beta to be at least 100 at 14dpiui, which is why they want to check me again. 

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  thank you, I just might do that. 

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  nightborn.
Post # 493
2238 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Frohike:  Wow, that is pricey! I totally agree on not sharing the costs and doing a dedicated cycle. We looked into a program at another clinic where we could do IVF for half the cost if would give up half of mine retrieved eggs to another couple but decided against it (with high amh and high afc I qualified for that program). Eventough, I did have 23 eggs retrieved (most mature and most fertilized), only 5 total made it to Day5/6 blast stage, all others arrested. Have we done the split cycle, we would possibly have no blasts at all and would have to pay all over again. So a lot of eggs does not mean a lot of blasts or that eggs will be high quality.

Exciting it is moving along and you will start soon!!

View original reply
nightborn:  Awesome it is more than doubling.!

View original reply
MissCountryGirl727:  We could but it would not be covered by insurance (we have lifetime limit just enough for one try) and since now we have a few frosties, I would not want to risk transporting them somewhere else (accidents, temerature issues, would give me tons of anxiety). So plan is to do fets here (as blasts already are what they are, can’t change quality or anything at this point), but if we need a second fresh cycle, we would get opinions at another clinic (we only have 2 here)

Post # 494
2008 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
Aqualov:  sent you a PM

Post # 495
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
nightborn:  
View original reply
independencewave:  I hate these damn beta numbers. I’m at 18/19dpo and every time I Google where my numbers should be, I find all theses posts of people posting in the 1000s early on. I went from 21…to 62…to 362….to 826. I keep reminding myself as long as they are doubling, and the nurse who calls doesn’t seem worried, I will try not to be worried. I keep repeating “today I am pregnant, today I am thankful” and it is semi working.  I’m done with betas until Thursday, when I will get an ultrasound as well. I am hoping SO hard that these are our babes!

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC – Part 25’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors