(Closed) 1+ Year TTC Part ELEVEN!

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 152
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hi Bees!  I took some time off and i’m slowing allowing myself to get back into the crazy world of TTC-ing.  Background: DH and I TTC’d for a year before starting IUI with the RE.  After one failed IUI, I took Clomid and a trigger shot to induce Ovulation (never an issue for me) and DH’s numbers went from 12 mil to 60 mil in about four months’ time.  We were pretty pumped and I started taking progesterone after the IUI procedure.

I got a positive blood test but the numbers were really slow and sluggish and after three trips to the hospital, my RE diagnosed me with an ectopic pregnancy.  Two rounds of methotrexate and one week in the hospital later, the RE finally thought the “pregnancy” was shrinking.  A month later I still had pain (but my blood work was zero) and at the end of January I had a lap procedure.  The RE scraped out a great deal of fibron which acts as a sticky substance and can cause further ectopic pregnancies (although he didn’t believe it was what caused the ectopic, since the fibron was probably a reaction to the trauma of the ectopic).  He also checked the tubes which were clear…..DURING this time, I noticed a lump on my shoulder but didn’t think much of it….until my family dr referred me to a plastic surgeon and so on….and fast forward 5 days ago, it was removed as it could be cancer.  SO, DH and I are now ready to start TTC (since the growth was removed completely and is no longer in my body) but really not ready to get back into the insanity of it all.  The ectopic pregnancy did something to me, it made me bitter, sad, angry and depressed.  Last weeks’ surgery has been tough as well, but I honestly think I would have been able to deal with it a lot better if I hadn’t had the ectopic.  Basically I’m not sure if i’m ready to get back into the swing of things but know that at the end of the day, the promise of that beautiful baby is so worth it….

Sorry for the novel πŸ™‚

I wish all you ladies nothing but the best and for some that have your BFP’s, I wish you nothing but a healthy and happy pregnancy!  I’m going to jump on here to stalk/check in but here’s my thingy just cause πŸ™‚

Age (if you care to share): Me 32 and DH is 32

TTC since: October or November 2012

Issues (if any): DH had low count but after changing his diet, taking FertiliPro for Men and reducing his drinking, his numbers went from 12 mil. to 60 mil.  My cycles are short although corrected by progesterone.

Chart?:  Nope…

Currently: CD14, We BD’s this week but given all the previous months of it not working out and my less than awesome cycle last month (23 days), I’m not really thinking much of it.  I AM however, being crazy, and taking progesterone kind of on my own because my RE wasn’t going to start treating me until next month.  I do have the clear to ttc on my own though…I just decided to play doctor, I guess…..

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: Prenatals, Vit D (2,000 units), Omegas….I’ve also switched to some chemical free products – aluminum free deoderant, flouride free toothpaste but that’s mostly just a personal decision and not a TTC decision.

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: I won’t celebrate, I will probably hold my breath until I hear a heartbeat, but eventually I WILL celebrate πŸ™‚

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll:  Not sure…probably IUI next month.  While I am very hesitant for medical intervention, DH wants to get back in the game….

Since TTC after 12+ cycles (or with IF) issues, is a very different experience than a fertile couple trying in the first month, how do you stay connected to your SO?  

A lot of talking, listening, crying, hugging, laughing and understanding that everyone deals with pain and loss differently.  

Just for fun…What are you most looking forward to this Spring/Summer?

WARM WEATHER!  No more snow!!!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 153
6933 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Lady, I’m totally following your chart and is looking good. Keeping everything crossed for you!

Post # 154
15513 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

It’s really hard to respond to everyone individually on my phone, but I’m keeping up with the news.  

Afm, I have in and went to look for pregnancy tests today to have to test on Friday like the doctor said.  I’m trading progesterone so I’m afraid that would make af late even if I’m not pregnant.  But for the life of me, I cannot find where to buy any!!  I’ve been to convenient stores, a supermarket, the pharmacy was all herbal stuff…I have no idea where else to check!  I had no idea it’d be this hard to find!  

Post # 155
2273 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Haha I’m still on a break (I lasted 2 days away) but I thought I should update a little considering how supportive you have all been about the SA and testing etc. Think we are still going more for a NTNP this month thou as DH is a little stressed about it all and it is affecting us a bit so only gonna BD if we feel like it and not worry about the FW. I have spoken to DH about the fact we only seem to BD during the FW and how we sometimes go 2 weeks between sessions (after O) whereas before we were regular so we wanna work on getting out of the BD rut. Hence the reason for me wanting to take a break here for a while – I need to stop thinking so much about where I am in the cycle πŸ™‚

Got the SA back today – all was good, 21 mil, 10% morph, everything else just had “good” beside it. Re-doing test in 60 days as Dr said he needs 2 tests to confirm a 100% “you’re fine” result but we aren’t too worried about him now. I got all my referrals for EVERYTHING and the kitchen sink, plus a pelvic ultrasound to check for pcos (even thou he thinks it is highly unlikely as I have no cycle issues or any symptoms). I know I cant be 100% certain but I doubt it’ll be anything except maybe thyroid for me… Oh I am also getting a glucose tolerance test. Not sure if that is fertility based or just because he figured while I was there let’s do it. He never brought up my weight so I am very grateful for that! 

Oooh oh plus I have lost 1.5kg (3.3 pounds) in 4 days so least my new diet is working so far πŸ™‚ and I don’t feel too bad on it πŸ™‚

Ok end of update. Thanks for everything and I will pop back at some stage to let everyone know the deal with me. 

Hope it’s all going good for you all xx

Post # 156
4149 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Hi there.  I just wanted to check in with you because I’ve been thinking about you all morning.  I hope you’re feeling okay, I’m sorry the last couple days have been hard.  I agree that at this point, it doesn’t appear to be an ovulation issue and I think asking for more in-depth testing is a great idea.  I’m hoping and praying for you as always.  xoxox

View original reply
@wandering_gypsy:  I’m sorry about all the announcements.  Those days are so incredibly hard.  I always tried to remind myself when I saw an announcement that everyone has issues that we don’t know about, so we really have no idea what struggles each person is going through, whether in TTC, their marriage, health, etc.  That helped me because I felt like every time someone announced, I was jealous and wanting to be in their situation so I tried to keep in mind that TTC was my issue, but they had something too that was a major struggle for them, I just couldn’t see it because we hide that stuff.  *hugs*

View original reply
@ShellVee:  Great news on the SA results and the weight loss! Congratulations!

View original reply
@med700:  I am so, so sorry for everything you’ve been through.  You have been through so much, and I really, really hope you get your sticky BFP very soon. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. 

View original reply
@EverAfterBegins:  Great news!  Looking forward to a positive update after the sono!

View original reply
@MrsBananas:  That’s a very normal progression of tests.  My doctor ordered my bloodwork, my pelvic u/s and DH’s SA all at the same time.  Then, once those were clear, she ordered the more invasive test of the HSG. 

View original reply
@ethorn13:  Thinking of you this week!  I know it’s nerve-wracking going in, not knowing what they’ll find.  If you haven’t already, make sure you’re very clear with your doctor about your desired outcome.  The morning of the surgery, we talked to the doctor and put in writing (hospital procedure) what the outcome would be, which was removal of my left tube and assessing the status of the right tube.  We then said if there was damage to the right, he would try to repair it but would only remove the right tube if it was confirmed that it would impede pregnancy (and this was all in writing).  He knew we wanted the chance to try naturally even if the right tube was bad off and understood that.  But, I’m very hopeful for you that your other tube is just fine and you’ll look back at this week in a few months as the path to your BFP.  πŸ™‚

View original reply
@lonsk:  I’m sorry about AF but I’m excited for you to have a monitored cycle this time around!  I really hope that gives you some answers and hopefully your BFP. 

Post # 157
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@lindsayandchris09:  Sorry abou AF. Congrats on 3 miles /day, seems like a great achievement to me!

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Thanks Hun, I  think the nosebleeds must be the return to dry air.

View original reply
@EverAfterBegins:  So happy things are moving forward for you!

View original reply
@wandering_gypsy:  Sorry about the announcement, they never get easy but some are harder then others. Your announcement will come soon!

View original reply
@med700:  Welcome back. So sorry about the ectopic and all you’ve been through. Sending sticky baby dust your way

View original reply
@pinkshoes:  FX for you!

View original reply
@ShellVee:  Yeah for the SA results! Congrats on the weight loss!

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  Thank you!  Hope you are feeling well!

AFM I managed to do my injection at work last night in a timely manner and avoid seeing anyone before going into the bathroom with my injection kit, FX for the same tonight! Haha!

Post # 158
1528 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
@EverAfterBegins:  I was thinking of you because I had a friend recently diagnosed with a clotting disorder and started reading how many can cause placental issues. Are they going to put you on daily blood thinners when you get pregnant agan? I’d push really hard for it And or ask for more testing to find out exactly which problem it is. I hope your next journey is a successful one! 

Post # 159
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@wandering_gypsy:  I’m so sorry to hear about your hard day.  They suck.  Hang in there, we’re all rooting for you!  I hope you get positive news soon!

View original reply
@med700:  My condolences for what you’ve gone through, I can’t imagine what that would be like.  Sounds like a pretty rough go of it, and I hope this next part of your journey goes smoothly and quickly.

View original reply
@ShellVee:  Woohoo! Those are great SA numbers, I’m so happy for you.  Also happy to hear you’ve got a full workup coming too.  FX’d that those come back good too.  Congrats on the weightloss, 3lbs in 4 days is great progress!  As for your BD timing, I have to admit DH & I seem to be in the same rut.  We definatley time it to O really good, but as soon as that passes we get super lazy.  I hate to admit it but last cycle to this one we only did it during the FW! I know we need to make more of an effort to connect at other times or else we will start to really resent the scheduled baby making times.   

View original reply
@lonsk:  Yay for secrecy!  Good luck tonight!

Post # 160
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  Thanks! What you had in writing is essentially what we want to be known before going in. We are getting pretty frustrated though, because the appointment was only confirmed last week – and I had ot e-mail the doctor in order to find this out.  She also mentioned that she and someone from the hospital would be contacting me to go over information. No one has contacted me yet, and it’s two days away! I called my clinic this morning and the receptionist told me to call the hospital and gave me a telephone number.  I called them and they told me to call my doctor! I’m so frustrated! I need to know when I need to stop eating, if I should take my meds that day, what time I need to be there, how long the surgery is expected to take, etc. I would think these would be things that should be discussed more than a day before surgery!

It’s frustrating and adding more stress to this…. :-/

Post # 161
4149 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@ethorn13:  That is super frustrating.  What time is your surgery?  They told me no solid foods after midnight the night before, no matter what time surgery was scheduled for, and after midnight I could have clear liquids (like water or apple juice) up until 2 hours before the surgery, then nothing.  And no meds the day of.   Mine was scheduled for 11:30am, so that was a long time without food and I was SO thirsty by the time they put me under, because that didn’t actually happen until closer to 1:00pm (the scheduled time is actually when they start prepping you for surgery and taking your vitals, etc., so surgery takes place a couple hours later). The procedure took approximately an hour and a half, then you recover for about an hour.  When you wake up, they’ll give you liquids and crackers while you recover.  My nurse said once I peed successfully, I could go home.   When they told me that, I forced myself to get up and go because I wanted to get out of there.  Also, I didn’t actually meet my surgeon until the day of the surgery (had a different doctor than normal, long story), so I met him around noon, we talked in detail, wrote out the expectations, signed it, and that was that.  So, I wouldn’t worry too much if you haven’t talked in detail with the doctor before the day of surgery – they will make sure you talk at length before you go into surgery (or at least they should!).   Hopefully this helps you feel a little more comfortable knowing what to expect….but more importantly I hope you get to talk to someone soon!

Post # 163
1659 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  

View original reply
@MrsBananas:  

View original reply
@lonsk:  

View original reply
@MrsMonty11: Thank you ladies SO much for your support. Today feels a lot better, though its always a sore spot. You ladies are amazing. <3

Post # 164
4149 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@MrsMonty11:  That would make my week if you joined me on the Nov board!  OMG I would love that.  Ok, I need to simmer down cause that makes me excited. πŸ˜‰  Major FX.  Your timing looks good, lady – all it takes is one!  About my appointments, I have an u/s Thursday to check for an ectopic – I have no signs of that (my HCG levels are rising normally and I have no pain/spotting) but I’m high risk because of the previous tubal issues.  We won’t be able to see anything this early but the sac; then I have one on March 10 to hopefully hear the heartbeat.  Excited/nervous about that one!

View original reply
@wandering_gypsy:  Glad you’re feeling better, hun. πŸ™‚

Post # 165
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  Thanks! The write up of your experience was definitely helpful! My appointment is at 3:30…which sucks! I’m the type of person that has to eat when I wake up and then I eat every 3-4 hours…so not being able to eat all day is going to make me miserable! We still haven’t heard from anyone…my husband and I are pretty frustrated with the clinic. The receptionist/lab tech is absolutely awful.  Right now, this is our only option because it’s the only place insurance will cover.  But, if we do have to do ivf and we are paying out of pocket, we already know we are absolutely NOT going with this clinic. The communication is terrible and they actually end up causing me more stress!

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC Part ELEVEN!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors