(Closed) 1 Year+ TTC Part Fifteen

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 586
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Hi everyone. I’ve been reading this thread for a while, but now have to join. To introduce my TTC quickly – my Darling Husband and I have been trying for a year, with me having mild and managed PCOS. When the year was up, we decided to get an SA done, and today had the second SA, in which the doctor told us that the diagnosis is “Go to IVF, do not pass ‘go’, do not collect $200”. Darling Husband has so few (and lazy) sperm that apparently it’s our only option. It just happened this morning, and I am completely overwhelmed. If anyone could point me to a “breathe and it will be ok” place, I’d appreciate it immensely. I just don’t even know what do with myself right now.

Post # 587
2324 posts
Buzzing bee

Hi All,

Apolgies for the lack of posting but I have been reading along & rooting for you all. I do think we are in need of a bfp very soon.

Some personals first up –

MsBelka31:  welcome – sorry that you are here but this is an amzaing support network. And everything WILL be ok. All you need to do is take one step at a time. WOuld have been difficult news to receive but take some time out to take it all in

Novella:  hoping you have a bfp very soon so IVF not needed!

Turtle83:  sorry about the Cp. sucks ass. Keep your head high so that you can re-group when you are ready.

alove2:  thanks for sharing the article – doesn’t seem to have gained much publicity but I respect her (just a tiny bit) for sharing it. I do wonder how long they have been trying…

and OMG – stims on friday / monday ? I think we could end up being ivf cycle buddies! What are the Lupron injections for?

(my birthday is also at the end of the month!)

MrsBananas:  i’ll be thinking of you – i cant imagine what that would be like x

whybee:  I’ll be keeping an eyes peeled for updates – ANY type to updates! πŸ˜‰

Mrs. Jaguar:  sorry to hear about all that’s happened. Try to enjoy your upcoming trip to fiji – take it as a break & on your arrival you be ready to go at it again x

AFM – IVF was delayed last cycle as we decided to go on a pre-planned trip as the dates wouldn’t work to do both. We are ready to move full steam ahead. I’ve POAS with a white stark BFN & am awaiting AF to arrive so i can get bloodowrk done and start some jabs. This will be our 12th month ttc. A little scared of it all, but one does what they must. Hoping for a healthy bub in 10 months time x

Post # 588
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

MsBelka31:  I’m so sorry! I’ve only been trying for 9 months so I’m not in this thread yet but I read along like you do. We got similar news a few months ago – hubby has low count, low mobility, and low morph. Basically no chance at natural conception according to his doctor, IVF with ICSI is supposedly the only way fos us to get pregnant. It SUCKS! We were in shock for about a week and quite miserable. It got better over time – still hurts but not as much.

I would just wallow in it for a while. Then you can start thinking about how you still have hope. Lots of people have success wtih IVF

Post # 589
987 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

MsBelka31:   can imagine that’s really difficult news to process, so take whatever time you need to feel sad/angry/whatever. But there are ladies on here I think who have managed to achieve pregnancy with fairly poor sperm stats…so don’t give up totally!

OK so update from me… Had egg retrieval this morning, was a bit nervous but it all went fine. Even got delicious coffee and toast afterwards! They til us we’d got 11 eggs, which I was happy with! (*told, argh, won’t let me delete on my phone!) went in early at 7am but him by (*home!) 11, been tucked up in bed since. Just had a call from the lab with an update. We are doing a /50/50 IVF /icsi split (that was always the plan) but the ivf eggs we wont know more about until tomorrow. We were putting 6 forward for icsi but apparently on closer inspection one was just an empty membrane! Cant find much about this online so will grill the doc more when I see her. But anyway the other 5 were all mature and have been injected. So there we are! Will share more news when I have it.

looking forward to lunch in bed now, lol!

Post # 590
3564 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hey ladies!  I’m so sorry I haven’t been more active up here.  I’ve been attempting to follow along and am always rooting for you all, but I find that I haven’t had much to chime in on since we are not yet exploring IVF/IUI.

I finally have an update to share with you all.  DH had his SA done Friday and I got the results this morning.  Count, motility were normal, 85% morph, pH was a little high, but they said that was nothing to worry about.  I’ve had blood work to confirm O and progesterone levels, so my Dr. is referring us to an RE that’s about 1.5 hours away from us.  The local RE is apparently in the process of shutting down their services, so we have no choice but to do this Out of Town.  My insurance won’t cover anything until I pay off my deductible, and my deductible resets in April, so we are going to wait on further testing for me to avoid having to pay more money out of pocket.   

I’m so glad that the SA came back with no problems…but now I’m stuck here wondering what could possibly be wrong with me.  I have no symptoms of anything that would cause concern and I feel like it’s even more frustrating to not be able to understand what’s taking so long with us.  We are in our 15th (I think?) cycle now, and bc of abstaining for a few days for the SA, we had 1 chance this cycle, as I’m pretty sure I O’d on the day of the SA. 

Post # 591
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

so, we’re on our last hail mary iui cycle (#6) and apparently the clomid has finally started thinning my lining.  they asked me to start taking estrace twice daily, vaginally yesterday.  now it’s a race against time because i’ve got a follicle at 22 but my dr. won’t give the okay to trigger until my lining is at 7.  right now it’s 5.6.  at this point i have no hope of iui working for baby #2, i just want to move on already. i’ve been at the RE every day this week and i get to go back tonight for my first ivf seminar.  feeling real low today.

Post # 592
987 posts
Busy bee

MissCountryGirl727: Hey, welcome back! How was your ski trip? And welcome to the unexplained boat… The silver lining is that it could still very easily just be that we’ve both had a long run of bad luck πŸ™‚ But on the other hand, I understand well the feeling of just wanting something to fix – or even just to explain why it hasn’t happened yet. I know you’re a sensible girl anyway, but just move forward at whatever pace is right for you and your Darling Husband πŸ™‚

thesaurus_rex: I’m sorry your lining isn’t playing ball. I haven’t got any particularly helpful advice, except have you tried pomegranate juice? Raspberry tea? Both supposed to be good, and could be worth a try in case they can provide a last minute boost maybe…?!

Post # 593
3564 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

whybee:  Thanks! The ski trip was great! Not ready to be back at work today (obviously, I’m up here..lol).  DH and I have a super busy schedule the next 2 months, we are in our friend’s wedding, plus hosting a wedding shower, helping with my cousin’s baby shower, and we both are scheduled to be out of town for week-long training classes with our jobs, so all that should make time go by fast and we’ll evaluate our options with an RE after my insurance issue gets sorted out if we’re not KU by then.  

Post # 594
2787 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

whybee:  Thank you!  11 eggs, that’s a great number! Looking forward to your next update and of course fingers super crossed this cycle will be a success!!

MsBelka31:  I’m sorry about the news; I imagine how hard it must be. Take care after yourself, take time to process the news and come here as often as you need to vent. There are many of us here who understand how it feels to be given a diagnosis, you will find the strength you never knew you had to keep moving. I’m sorry you have found yourself in this thread, but I hope you will graduate soon. ((hugs))

Nic01:  Thanks, I’m ready to TTC again, I have been this route so many times (5 cps & 1 mc) that I bounce back faster. I’m sorry about this cycle, I hope AF shows up soon and you can start your IVF cycle, I have my fingers crossed for you!

MissCountryGirl727:  I’m glad the SA results were normal. I think it’s a good plan to wait until April for further testing if you can save money. I hope you get pregnant before April so you don’t have to worry about any testing!

thesaurus_rex:  I’m sorry about your lining, besides the estrace is there anything else you could do? I hope your lining gets thicker on time for the IUI. Keep us posted.

Post # 595
2089 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Frohike:  yay for your baseline today!  Hope everything goes well and you’re on strack to stim this weekend. 

Mrs. Jaguar:  I hope you are hanging in there and taking some time for yourself.  I know you had high hopes for this cycle but maybe for whatever cosmic reason you are supposed to wait to until after your trip.  That way you can fully indulge in Fiji and reset yourself mentally.  In these dark times the Dr in me always prescribes wine πŸ˜‰

Post # 596
2089 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Sorry for the multiple posts, WB sucks for tagging lately.

MsBelka31:  I’m sorry for your news.  I’ve been where you are.  We got our MFI diagnosis a little over a year ago and have been dealing with it since.   We haven’t accepted IFV/ICSI as our only option just yet (hopefully dreamers over here) and have been trying everything under the sun to get DH’s numbers up.  I can’t point you to magical happy place cause I haven’t found it but at least you are here where you’ll get lots of support.  I would suggest getting your hubby on a good multivitamin and CoQ10.  Those are the 2 items our RE said were the most important.  Good luck, take each day at a time and you will get through this.  Feel free to ask any questions.

Nic01:  FX’d for you and this cycle!

whybee:  Awesome retreival numbers, congrats!  When you do your transfer will you been doing the ICSI embies or the reg ones?  Do you mind me asking why they did a 50/50 split?  Wishing you all the best!

MissCountryGirl727:  I’m sorry you didn’t get any concrete answers but that’s awesome news that the SA was so good.  I hope April comes quickly for you. 

thesaurus_rex:  Oh hun, I’m sorry this cycle may not work work but don’t count your chickens before they hatch (literally, haha).  I hope your will catch up to make it on time.  Sometimes its the last shot that comes in clutch.  I hope ths is it fo you and you can cancel that seminar.  Hang in there sweetie.

Turtle83:  How are you doing hun?  Do you have a follow up appointment to discuss the CP?  When will you be starting your injectibles cycle?  Sending you all my good thoughts. 

Post # 597
481 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Hi ladies, just popping in to say hello and give an update. For those of you who remember me, I was a previous member here – was initially diagnosed with mild PCOS and then later diagnosed as unexplained infertility. I finally got my BFP through my first IVF in Nov/Dec but then had a horrific few months of being told to expect a miscarriage due to slow rising HCG and, at 9 weeks, a large subchorionic hemorrhage (SCH). I am just updating to let you all know that somehow we have managed to be a miracle case so far. We did not end up having an early loss and my SCH has finally stablized after 3 weeks of bedrest – now we are hoping it will start to shrink/resolve. I am 13 weeks today and finally everyone is starting to be much more hopeful that this little fighter just might make it. 

I hope no one finds this post upsetting, I just know I haven’t updated and left you all hanging with regards to what happened with me. I also wanted to remind you all that miracles do happen and, even when everyone tells you to expect the worst, don’t lose hope because you never know what could happen. We are not out of the woods yet obviously but things are looking much more optimistic as we head into our 2nd trimester. I am thinking of all of you and hoping you all get miracles like mine (without all the drama/false alarms) very very soon! If anyone ever has any IVF questions, I am happy to answer or help in any way I can, just let me know.

Sending out lots of hope, prayers, and baby dust! Good luck ladies πŸ™‚

Post # 598
7310 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

MsBelka31: I’ve been where you are. It’s a punch to the gut, that’s for sure. Just keep breathing. Seriously. Don’t hold yourself or your Darling Husband to any other expectations right now. If you managed to keep breathing all day long, pat yourself on the back and call it a win. Talk about it together if you want to. Don’t talk about it if you don’t want to. There is no right or wrong way to do this. There is only what feels right to you. Don’t be surprised if your Darling Husband seems withdrawn, extra quiet, angry, etc. Mr. LK took it hard… like really hard. He felt like he had failed us. He felt betrayed by his body. He felt angry with God. And he felt like less of a man. Wanna know what kind of emotions are hard for guys to discuss? Those kind of emotions. It took him a good 2 months to be able to talk about it with some sort of personal clarity, and he’s still holding out hope for a miracle, which makes me think that he still hasn’t fully accepted his diagnosis (and that is 100% okay).

This trial can bring you two closer together. Be gentle with each other in every way, and remember that you are each others biggest cheerleader. You are going to get through this with flying colors.

Post # 599
987 posts
Busy bee

PeachBee: I’m so glad your story has continued to be a positive one! That baby obviously really, REALLY wants to meet you πŸ™‚ congratulations on reaching the second trimester!

MrsBananas:  Turtle83:  Thanks ladies! I wouldn’t have minded a few more, obviously, but I’ll take quality over quantity so let’s hope they’ve got that going for them!

To answer the ICSI question – since it’s our first IVF cycle, and I’ve never been pregnant before, our clinic recommends a 50/50 split as standard. We don’t have any male issues except Darling Husband seems to suffer a bit from stage fright and repeatedly gives low-volume samples, lol – but they’re jam-packed with sperm, so we’re not disadvantaged in terms of actual numbers. I guess the ICSI is just to help guard against a situation where we could potentially end up with zero fertilised eggs… In terms of what we’ll trasnfer – it could be either and ICSI or an IVF one! We’re hoping for a Day 5 transfer, so just whichever one makes it to that point and looks the best on the day πŸ™‚

Post # 600
2787 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

MrsBananas:  Waiting for AF to start a medicated cycle. I’m not doing injectables, since I “conceive easily”, my RE words, not mine, we’re only doing femara (CD3-7), trigger shot, timed intercourse and progesterone starting 3 DPO. I hope this protocol finally gives me my sticky baby!

PeachBee:  I’m glad to hear your pregnancy is going well! I’m super happy for you! πŸ™‚ Yay for making it to the 2nd trimester, I imagine how excited you must feel. Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

The topic ‘1 Year+ TTC Part Fifteen’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors