(Closed) 1 Year+ TTC Part Fourteen

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 481
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’ve been gone way too long! I missed the boards! We had so many ups and downs the last few months that I was just laying low…  But I feel like the boards help so much, so I need to start following the happenings on here again. So far in the last 6 months we’ve had one varicocele surgery, one cancelled IUI due to MFI, then several off cycles due to cysts from clomid, 1st unsuccessful IUI (no surprise there, since the count was less than 1 million even with using fresh and cryo samples), more off cycles to see if the varicocele surgery helped, then found out that the SA parameters were now normal (for the count, not morphology or motility) and we were elated, just did a 2nd IUI a week ago only to find out that total motile count after wash was 100,000…. Such disappointment… Still went ahead with it, but we know the chance is almost nonexistent. DH is still upset and confused. Not sure why the SA was horrible again. This cycle I took letrozole instead of clomid, so the lining issue was fixed, but of course it doesn’t really matter due to the severe MFI issue again. My RE has me on the vivelle dot patch every other day starting 7 dpo. Today was 8 DPO and I feel stupid, because I’m imagining symptoms… Feeling strange fullness and mild cramps today and have a mild headache, but I know it would be too early for symptoms. Wondering if the vivelle dot could be causing this. 

Looking forward to catching up on all the posts! Looks like you ladies have been active! Hoping there’s some BFPs and other good news sprinkled in these pages.

Post # 482
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
nyckitten:  I’m so sorry about your loss… Hugs… 

Post # 483
2787 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
CityBearBride:  I’m so sorry about AF, it truly sucks πŸ™

View original reply
Frohike:  I’m glad the appointment with RE#2 went much better and starting all preliminary testing, wishing you all the best!

View original reply
lovekiss:  Good luck today with your saline sonogram and bloodwork.

Post # 484
2787 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
BalticBee:  I’m sorry to see you back here and everything that you’ve been through these past months. I’m hoping you get all the support you need in this board and you graduate very soon.

Post # 485
7305 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

View original reply
Turtle83:  So yeah, I got my sonograms confused. haha It wasn’t a saline one today. Rather, it was a CD 3 internal baseline sono. The good news is that the sonogropher sounded like everything looked good to her with my uterine size, lining, ovary measurements, etc. I don’t know what it means yet, but she said I had 6 follicles in my right ovary and 8 in my left. I’ll have more context for that once I speak with my nurse to discuss sono and bloodwork results this afternoon. I love it that I can get these results so quickly so that I’m not stressed with the waiting game all weekend.

Post # 486
2787 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
lovekiss:  That’s your AFC, antral follicle count. 14 is a good number! You have a good ovarian reserve πŸ™‚ They always do the AFC on CD3 and the saline ultrasound and hsg after CD6 but before ovulation

Post # 487
2787 posts
Sugar bee

Ovarian reserve tests must be done on CD3: AFC, FSH, estradiol. They can check your AMH any day of your cycle.

Post # 488
7305 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

View original reply
Turtle83:  Thanks for teaching me some lingo. I just talked with my nurse and it’s a very good report. I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. We still have the HSG to go, but as of right now it looks like my bits and pieces are healthy. So at least 1/2 of our equation is favorable. I really needed some good news. So my numbers are:

Estradiol- 46 (less than 50 is “good” per my RE’s office)

FSH- 5.1 (less than 10 is “good”)

LH- 2.5 (less than 13 is “good”)

Prolactin- 4 (less than 25 is “good”)

TSH- 1.24 (less than 2.5 is “good”)

AFC- 14 (10-20 is the desired range)

After weeks of nothing but bad news, this moment feels so good. I am off to celebrate with Mr. LK. We are having a date night to watch the lighting of our town’s Christmas Tree. It’s going to be a good night. πŸ™‚

Post # 489
1226 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Wish me luck ladies…tomorrow DH and I are going to meet our brand new niece — she was born one week ago, the day after we found out we lost our little one.  DH’s parents will be there too, meeting their granddaughter for the first time.  I’m not sure whether it will make me sad or not.  We don’t even get to hold the baby because she is small so the parents are worried about germs, which I respect but bummer anyway! 

I ordered a necklace online because I felt like I needed some way to mark / remember / pay respects to our miscarriage, and it just arrived today and is really pretty.  It’s a small moonstone pendant, which is one of the birthstones for the month the baby would have been due (and moonstones also symbolize hope and some people say fertility) and a small aquamarine pendant, which symbolozes courage.  Maybe it’s a bit much, but it makes me feel a tad better to have something meaningful to mark this as we hope for better things in the future.  Still feeling pretty sad.  

Post # 490
762 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
nyckitten:  I hope everything goes okay tomorrow, and there’s no shame iif you find, after you get there, that it’s too much. Arrive late, leave early is my motto, and I’ve never run into any problems – and I’m in recovery, so i do it a lot. Your necklace sounds beautiful and the symbolism is amazing – right over/near your heart.Iif you feel like you’re being over dramatic about it and it’s meaning, head over to the ring boards. Hopefully, it’ll make you feel better πŸ™‚

Post # 491
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
nyckitten:  It’s a beautiful thing to have something to remember. I love it. <3 Good luck hon. x

Post # 493
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
saraja87:  That Christmas time frame is what’s going to hurt us too! *hugs* I really hope you get GREAT results from your embies. 

Post # 494
2273 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
nyckitten:  Good luck with tomoro, I hope it’s not too hard for you πŸ™ it is sweet you have a keepsake with symbolism for yourself. I’ve read moonstone is good for fertility πŸ™‚ I wear a tiki from NZ because it represents fertility!

View original reply
saraja87:  oooh good luck with the testing, fingers are super crossed for you πŸ™‚ Yep dieting over Xmas is a hard one πŸ™‚ I found I lost the weight I gained from the injectibles (took about 3 weeks) but my tummy still looks bigger than I “thought” it was prior haha perhaps I was imagining a flatter tummy – drats haha. 

Post # 495
1009 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
nyckitten:  Thinking of you. I hope the visit was okay. The necklace sounds beautiful with such special sentiment.

View original reply
lovekiss:  hi there. I’m a graduate of this amazing board, and I’ve been where you are now. Zero count, high fsh, donor conversations, hope for tese….  If you want to talk, I’m a PM away. My story is that they did a diagnostic biopsy and (huge surprise!) found sperm, which was frozen. We switched REs (hated my first, LOVE my second), and the new lab did a post thaw analysis. Nothing survived, and I was devastated. Our RE says we should find a new mfi urologist (the other was too far away), and he would try to schedule my egg retrieval on the day of the tese. We also had to have donor sperm on hand as backup (and dh did a 180 on DS, at first saying if a baby couldn’t be bio both of ours, it should be bio neither of ours, then he decided that if it couldn’t be bio his, then he REALLY wanted it to be bio mine; before the procedure day, he even asked the RE if we should reserve a couple of my eggs for DS even if the tese does work, just in case any sperm they find from him isn’t good, our re smiled and said I could always make more eggs later). We found a local MFI doc, and he talked to my RE to coordinate. I was monitored super closely while I stimmed, and it all worked so both procedures were on the same day. Dh was in the OR for several hours. The urologist didn’t see obvious sperm, but got as much as he could for the embryologist to analyze. Late that night my RE emailed me that the embryologist had just finished- She worked for 9 hours looking through the surgical specimen to find enough sperm to match (icsi) with my mature eggs. I’m forever grateful for her efforts. The next day, we learned that 9 eggs fertilized (out of 23 mature, tese sperm fertilizes only 40-50%, something we were prepared for). On day 3 we had 7, and on day 5 we had 3, with others still possibilities. We transferred 2 on day 5. On day 6, three more made it to blast, though one was iffy. That fresh cycle was a bfn, and I was devastated. Because our frosties were dh’s only chance for a.bio child (the tese was a one time thing, he started testosterone replacement after), my doc ran more tests on me and found an endometrial issue (an issue sine REs think is nothing, but I didn’t want to take any chances). After going on a therapy that put me through 3 months of mini menopause, I prepared for my fet. We transferred 2 day-6 blasts, including the iffy one. I got a bfp. After a beta scare that had my re telling me to prepare for the worst, we had an ultrasound which showed 2 sacs. One was perfect, and one was empty (blighted ovum). Late in my pregnancy, I asked dh if we should dispose of or donate our donor vials, and he said he wanted to hang on to them. Even before the FET, he said he was tempted to just move forward with the DS. He thought his sperm was the problem, and he just wanted to be a dad, regardless of biology. After an overall pretty smooth pregnancy, our son made a surprise appearance 4 weeks early, but was otherwise healthy. And we have 2 frosties, and the DS vials, on ice. Best of luck to you, and again please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need support from someone who’s been there.

The topic ‘1 Year+ TTC Part Fourteen’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors