(Closed) 1 Year+ TTC Part Fourteen

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 496
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
nyckitten:  I think the sentiment of the necklace is beautiful. I hope meeting your niece wasn’t to hard. Thinking of you often, take care Hun 

Post # 497
442 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
BalticBee:  I’m so sorry! How frustrating! I what is the next stEp? Another IUI with hopefully a better sample?

View original reply
Turtle83:  thanks turtle! It’s good to move forward and make sure we are candidates for this-it’s so scary to open the can of worms but best to jump in and know.

View original reply
lovekiss:  what a wonderful resting follicle count! That is awesome!! And all those numbers are fabulous!!

View original reply
nyckitten:  oh honey I think that is a lovely idea

View original reply
saraja87:  so exciting! Have a glass (or 3) of wine…right now, your job is done πŸ™‚ I hope you can get your transfer in this year, but having a little time to get things in order is good too.

Post # 498
442 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
GrannyPantiesRock:  welcome, officially. And WTF!??! I’m glad you’re here because you’re awesome and it freakin sucks that you’re here for the same reason.

i hope you’re healing well, physically D&C shouldn’t be terrible. Emotionally, I hope you’re getting through and you get some answers soon. 

why is your RE so pro ivf, do you think?

View original reply
4littlekitties:  how rude is that!?! Omg. Lucky I’m self employed…

so as for me…just waiting till Tuesday so I can test for something…I don’t even know what kind of testing it is. Whatevs. At least it’s moving forward.

today the landlord is *surprise* in town and can they just stop by and…ugh. They are very nice, but there goes my Sunday pm. Aside from that, emailed my insurance agent to see about getting life insurance on my end before I start hopefully pumping massive doses of hormones into my body. I’ve been meaning to do it FOREvER but I hate being looked at under a magnifying glass for my risk of impending death, but better to get it done now and then not have to do it again, right?

Post # 499
481 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
nyckitten:  Hey hun, I’m still thinking of you. Really hoping you get some answers from the genetics testing. I hope the meeting of your niece went well … and I think the necklace is a beautiful idea. 

View original reply
phoebephoebo:  Good to see you here too, although I also wish you had graduated! What is going on with you these days?

View original reply
Turtle83:  Thank you! Wishing you lots of luck as well, both with you hysteroscopy and with your medicated cycle. I also use accupuncture, which my RE recommended. I have been going once a week for a few months now. Not sure if it helps or not, but I will continue with it until I get my BFP (or as long as I can afford) just in case! Hope it does the trick for you!

View original reply
Frohike:  Sorry the first RE was harping on your weight so much, that’s annoying. Glad you liked the second RE better though and good luck with your testing!

View original reply
CityBearBride:  Sorry for the BFN πŸ™

View original reply
GrannyPantiesRock:  Im so sorry to hear about both of your losses, that’s so difficult.

View original reply
4littlekitties: That is SO crappy of your boss. Don’t pay any attention to her, that’s so awful and unprofessional.

View original reply
lovekiss:  Glad your meeting with your RE went well and that all your initial testing results came back with good levels! Im just finishing up my first IVF and my meds will probably end up being around $3k. I am a fast responder though, and don’t use very high medication doses.

View original reply
BalticBee:  Sorry to see you back here and to hear about all the difficult things you’ve gone through. Let us know if we can help with anything, FX that you get your BFP very very soon.

View original reply
saraja87:  So glad to hear that all 6 of your embryo biopsies were went out! When will you hear the results?! Good luck!

View original reply
HopefulForLittleOne:  So nice to hear a success story. Congrats on your little boy!

Post # 500
481 posts
Helper bee

AFM, I am still stimming for my first IVF. I will do my 8th night of injections tonight. Currently, I have 17 follicles measuring over 10mm, with 11 that are considered to be mature sized. My guess is that I will trigger tomorrow with egg retrieval on Wednesday. I am feeling so nervous about all of this, I can’t help but think of all the things that could go wrong. I am trying to push those thoughts away though and stay positive. I just am hoping and praying with everything I have that this works out for us. I will keep everyone posted! 

Post # 501
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
PeachBee:  You’re responding well! Make sure you drink lots of fluids/eat lots of protein, just to ward off OHSS if you can. x

Meanwhile, I’m responding a LOT slower (as expected, haha) – I’m also hoping to trigger sometime this week, but we’ll have to see what happens. πŸ™‚

Post # 502
481 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  Sorry to hear you’re responding slowly. It always seems there is something to worry about! While I am happy that I have been responding well, I have been worried because some of my follicles responded/got too big too quickly – so my RE is letting those ones go (they will be post-mature by the time of egg retrieval) in order to let some of the other smaller ones catch up. I have been stressing about whether or not we should have triggered earlier … I feel like slow and steady growth would have been preferable. Oh well, I am trying to let it go and just have faith in my RE. I am making sure to drink and eat lots of salt in order to try to keep OHSS away, I will try to add some more protein in as well if that will help? Good luck this week, fingers cross that you are able to trigger soon. Keep us posted!

Post # 503
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
nyckitten: just wanted to tell you that you’re very brave and it will mean the world to the new parents that you’re there.  my sister in law (who also struggles with IF) came to visit us when we had our daughter the day after her d&c.  i never expected her to come (i don’t know that i would have been able to) but when she showed up for us, i felt so much love and respect for her.  ps. she now has a beautiful baby of her own now. so i’m wishing lots of good karma your way. 

afm, despite 2 follicles and excellent sperm counts, our third iui was another bust.  i’m 15dpo with a bfn, just waiting around for af so i can schedule my RE consult on cd3.  i’m super nervous and really not sure what to expect.  one of the nurses suggested trying an injectable/iui cycle, but if i’m responding well to the clomid and still not getting pregnant, i’m not sure how injectables would make a difference at this point.  i’ve been so stressed out ttc #2 and having to mostly go it alone this time (due to dh’s insane work schedule), i’m not sure i’m brave/strong enough to move on to ivf.

Post # 504
442 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
PeachBee:  you are responding so well!! I hope I can be as good a little chicken as you! What lovely follicles!

C’mon testing…lets go lets go lets go!

and I don’t mean to offend, I just try to mentally picture myself as a broody hen growing lots of eggs and bock bock bagack ing a bit, so that image extends to all of us ivf ladies in my mind. In fact, my friend IRL and I have a chicken meeting tomorrow πŸ˜‰ aka lunch, but that’s how it’s on my calendar.

Post # 505
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
PeachBee:  Yesterday’s update showed my ovaries REALLY kicked in over the weekend. I aready have a few at 22mm, so I think they’ll be sacrificed to get some of the better, smaller ones when we have retrieval on Thursday. Eeep! Nervous now.

View original reply
thesaurus_rex:  I’m sorry about the IUI. x If Clomid is making you ovulate, that’s a good sign – but frustrating to be getting the BFN’s. πŸ™

View original reply
Frohike:  Love the chcken meeting! I feel like a mother hen about to EXPLODE right now! can’t believe I still have two more days to wait!

Post # 506
2051 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
saraja87:  FX for good news from the lab! When will you hear back?  I definitely could see how holiday transfers are less successful.  The holidays are stressful (and so much fun)!

View original reply
nyckitten:  That sounds like a beautiful, meaning necklace and remembrance.  I hope the visit to your new niece was good and not too painful for you.

View original reply
lovekiss:  Sounds like great results!! 

View original reply
Turtle83:  Have you started the letrozale yet?  If you don’t mind me asking, do you know why your RE went that route instead of clomid?

HopefulForLittleOne:   That’s such a great story! So happy for you and your DH.

thesaurus_rex:  I’m so sorry IUI #3 was a BFN.  I’m not sure how injectables help either… plus they are so expensive when compared with the clomid/femera.  My RE told us that was an option if IUI #3 was a bust, but I think I’d rather go right to IVF.  The odds are so much higher, and while the cost is higher, it’s not as drastic of a difference if you are already paying for the injectables.

AFM, I met with my RE last week.  We decided the next course of action would be IUI #3 this cycle (with an increase of Clomid to 150mg).  She recommends starting the IVF journey in january if we’re not pregnant before then…  She thinks we have a great chance with IVF because it takes a lot of the ‘unexplained’ away.  I’m just not sure I can go through IVF and still do well at my job.  I travel a lot for work and tend to work longer hours, so schedule-wise and stress-wise it may be difficult.

Post # 507
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Well I’m officially one of those bees who’s DH has screwed up a SA.  I always wondered how the heck this could happen and to be honest I’m still shaking my head.  DH had today off work so it’s a perfect opportunity for him to light some candles and spend some quality time with a specimen cup.  Sounds simple enough, right?   …Well he calls me at work this morning saying he doesn’t know what happened (???) but he was in and out of sleep this morning and somehow took care of business on his own, just hours before his lab appointment.  wtf!  We timed this to coincide with my hyetereoscopy results and I just don’t know when the next opportunity will be.  He had ONE job.  Grrrr!

Post # 508
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
thesaurus_rex:  Sorry the IUI was a bust 

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  Good luck with the ER! I hope you get lots of quality embryos out of it all

View original reply
CityBearBride:  FX your next IUI is successful

View original reply
MrsBananas:  Yikes! Sorry about DH jumping the gun and missing an opportunity for a SA, that sucks big time. I’m sure your DH will be gravelling at your feet tonight! That must have been an awkward phone call!

Post # 509
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
lonsk:  Ugh, I’m embarrased for him and not to mention obvi annoyed!  He was pretty sheepish on the phone and I’m sure he will be apologetic tonight. I’m just hoping we can get another appointment before my procedure next week. 

Post # 510
1226 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

4littlekitties:  Thanks!  I like the “arrive late, leave early” motto!

Mrs. Jaguar:  Sounds like those eggs are growing great — my last cycle we had a slow start too and got a good harvest.  Good luck with your trigger and retrieval. 

ShellVee:  HopefulForLittleOne: 

View original reply
lonsk:  Thanks, ladies.

View original reply
PeachBee:  Did you trigger?  Good luck with your retrieval!  Sounds like you should have some good eggs. 

View original reply
thesaurus_rex:  Thanks for sharing that story — it makes me feel better.  We actually didn’t tell our Brother-In-Law and SIL about our miscarriage — we felt weird about bringing it up right after they had a baby — so we pretty much suffered in silience. πŸ˜‰  But it was nice seeing them anyway.  I’m sorry about your 3rd IUI being a bust. πŸ™  It does seem like most people tend to try an injectable IUI cycle if the clomid / femera isn’t working, but I don’t really know the stats behind it.

View original reply
Frohike:  Chickens. πŸ˜‰

View original reply
CityBearBride:  I am hoping that IUI #3 works for you so that you don’t need to do IVF, but there are ways to make IVF work even with a demanding job (I have one of those).  The travel might be tough…but I think there could be ways to make it work depending on how flexible your doc is with working around your schedule. 

View original reply
MrsBananas:  Oh no!  I never quite understand how guys manage to do that.  He must be mortified.  Hopefully they can find another time to do it. 

AFM, visit with the niece went fine.  We had dinner afterwards with my Mother-In-Law and Father-In-Law and I have to say that Mother-In-Law definitely wins the award for worst things to possibly say to me… first she told me (twice) “I know exactly how you feel!” (she thinks she does because she had a miscarriage between two of her three living, breathing children), and then she told me “You know, you two can have a wonderful life even without children…you know that, right?”  ARGH!  I love my Mother-In-Law but she is just too much sometimes.  Not much else going on here — we’ve pretty much been on a drinking and eating unhealthy binge since the D&C. πŸ˜‰   Going to try to go back to normal now though.  I did start going back to the gym (the day after the D&C, don’t tell my doctor!), which I think has been good for my mental health.  But overall definitely taking the “treat yourself kindly” advice to heart.

The topic ‘1 Year+ TTC Part Fourteen’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors