(Closed) 1 Year+ TTC Part Fourteen

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 526
2089 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m a bit late in catching up but I’ll try!

PeachBee:  Mrs. Jaguar:  Good luck to both you ladies on your ET today!

thesaurus_rex:  I’m really sorry that your IUI was a bust.  If injectables are the route to go, I hope they do the trick right away. 

nyckitten:  Thanks! I didn’t want to pry about how it happend b/c it was so personal so I still have no idea how it happened…I just kinda let it go.  And I’m glad your visit with your niece went well.  I know how hard that must have been as I have been thru something similar. The same day that I naturally passed our gestational sac, I visited my best friend in the hospital with her newborn.  Holding her tiny  baby just hours after I lost mine was the most difficult thing I have done but it also gave me peace and showed me I’m stronger than I ever thought I could be.  I am amazed by your strength too, good job on getting back to the gym!

Frohike:  I know right.  ONE JOB. That’s it.  How can they even begin to complain?

Novella:  Haha, that’s hilarious you woke up to him swearing!  Hopefully this is something we can look back on and laugh about too.  I hope that your break is relaxing and you thouroughly enjoy the holidays.  *cough*wine*cough*

Turtle83:  Doesn’t look like we’ll get another SA done for 3 more weeks.  Between the labs schedule and DH’s work, its really hard to fit it in.  That’s why I’m still so pissed.  Glad to hear you haven’t had any bad side effects with the Letrozole.  Good luck at your Hysteroscopy today, please come back and update us on how it went.  I’ve got mine on Monday so am curious!

lovekiss:  love the pun!

lonsk:  I totally hear you on the in limbo feeling.  We’ve been in a holding pattern for so long now.  We’ve been waiting for my hysteroscopy and DH’s 3 months of clomid (and now with the SA messup we’ll be waiting even longer).  All this just to get a referral to a MFI uruologist or *FX’d* move to an IUI.  I’m 100% mentally ready to jump to IVF as I feel thats where we’ll end up anyways but we have to go through all these hoops first. You are not alone in this limbo!  I hope you get your appointment soon and can get the baby-making train moving.  Hang in there!

debinoxford:  Sorry to hear that you’re so frustrated but I’m glad that you are moving on to an RE.  Hopefully you will be able to get some answers soon.  Way to ditch the thermometer!  I’ve been thinking of doing the same for a while now too…

Post # 527
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Mrs. Jaguar:  Thanks Chicken πŸ˜‰ 

Post # 528
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

MrsBananas:  Sorry you’re stuck in limbo too and doing more waiting. Definitely frustrating

Post # 529
2787 posts
Sugar bee

Hysteroscopy went well, they found a bit of tissue and it was removed during the procedure. My RE doesn’t know if it’s remaining tissue from the pregnancy or if there was a fibroid or polyp underneath the tissue and the embryo attached there. Tissue was sent to the lab for testing and I should get the results within a week. There is a very small chance it could be related to the recurrent losses, so I’ll have to wait for the results. She doesn’t want us to TTC this cycle since my lining won’t be thick enough to support a pregnancy (due to the tissue removal), so I’ll have to wait out this cycle. It’s kind of a bummer that I took letrozole/femara and we can’t TTC, my trigger shot medication arrived yesterday so I’ll save it for next cycle. I’m hoping there is no more waiting after I get my results.

Post # 530
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

Turtle83:  Glad things went well. I hope you found the answers needed for that sticky baby

Post # 531
2089 posts
Buzzing bee

Turtle83:  Interesting about the tissue but I’m glad they were able to find something that might give you some insight.  Too bad about this cycle being a wash…but much better to know about the lining now than go ahead and be dissappointed later.  Hopefully the letrozole wasn’t too expensive :/

Post # 532
481 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

debinoxford:  Sorry you are feeling like throwing the towel in. This is such a tough journey. Hopefully you will feel better once you begin working with an RE, I know that helped me. They are so much more knowledgeable about this stuff than a GP, which always helped me feel hopeful that they would be able to help. Good luck!

MrsBananas:  Sorry you are feeling like you’re in limbo. I know all the tests can be exhausting and time consuming. Hoping that they get finished up quickly so that you can move forward soon!

Turtle83:  Im glad the hysteroscopy went well, and really hope you get some answers from the results! That’s disappointing that this cycle was a waste, but hopefully the testing will give you some insight that will make furture cycles more successful. FX for you!

AFM, I had my egg retrieval yesterday. Everything went well and they retrieved 15 eggs. I just got our fertilization report and, out of the 15, 13 were mature and 12 fertilized. I am happy with that number and now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they continue to grow properly. Apparently they try not to disturb the embryos on day 2 (tomorrow), so I will get my next update on day 3. It is going to be torture to wait until Saturday but, for now, I am trying to stay hopeful!

Post # 533
2787 posts
Sugar bee

lonsk:  Thank you! Even if it’s pregnancy tissue, its presence would have made implantation difficult, so it needed to be removed, so I’m glad I had the hysteroscopy.

MrsBananas:  Yes, I’m glad to found about the tissue and got it removed since this cycle would have been a wash anyway. The letrozole is cheap, about $ 6 at Costco! The hcg trigger was a bit expensive ($110) but I didn’t use it, so I’ll just save it for the next cycle.

PeachBee:  Thank you! Congrats on an excellent retrieval! 15 eggs, 12 fertilized! I can’t wait for your update on Saturday.

Post # 534
2089 posts
Buzzing bee

Turtle83:  Ah!  Shows how little I know about fertility meds!  I just thought they were all ridiculously expensive, lol.  I’m glad you decided to have the procedure and can be confident going forward. 

PeachBee:  Thanks hun, I feel like we are pertetually waiting but I am hoping the New Year will bring some speed.  I think I’m going to be a bit more aggressive with my RE.  And yay for an awesome retrieval!  Hope you can keep yourself busy till Saturday and get some good news then!

Post # 535
481 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Turtle83:  Thank you! I am both so excited and terrified for that call on Saturday. I just really hope that our little ones keep growing well.

MrsBananas:  I know what you mean, I think waiting is without a doubt one of the hardest parts of this process (and is the thing we do the most unfortunately!). I also got to the point where I just needed to get more aggressive. I hated the process of coming to those decisions (I was so torn at every stage where we increased the intervention) but, now that I am finally doing IVF, I feel hopeful for the first time in a while. Hoping that you are able to get things moving soon. And thank you for your good wishes – I will definitely be trying to keep myself busy!

Post # 536
Bee
6474 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

PeachBee:  Those are wonderful numbers, congrats hon x

Post # 537
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

PeachBee:  That’s a great retrieval! FX for a good day 5 report

Turtle83:  Glad the letrozole wasn’t a big expense, I have a feeling next cycle is going to bring you good things πŸ™‚

Mrs. Jaguar:  Sorry you had a difficult experience at ER but excited for your results! Take care of yourself Hun 

Post # 539
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

well.. got the news that my RE is recommending one last clomid iui cycle (this will be #4), before we most likely move onto ivf.  i did talk her into bumping up my clomid dosage to 250 from 200, since 250 is the dosage i got pregnant on the first time around.  i just felt like i had to do something different this cycle.

the nurse i spoke to said that having known me for a few years that i would be a great candidate for ivf because i seem so calm and patient.  she said if she were my sister, she would tell me to skip past an injectable iui cycle and move right to ivf.  little did she know, her brave, strong patient went and cried hysterically in the car after her appointment.  this second time around the IF merrygoround is really taking a toll on me. 

i’ve mentioned that my husband hasn’t really been around to support me this time around because of his crazy work schedule, but he was off from work today and decided to sleep in and not even offer to come to today’s appointment.  so i’m feeling pretty hurt and sad about that.

Post # 540
2089 posts
Buzzing bee

thesaurus_rex:  I’m sorry about your hubby.  I’d be gutted too.  Sounds like people who know you feel you are strong enough to face this on your own.  While it’s kinda a sideways compliment I totally get how somedays you just need someone there.  {hugs}

saraja87:  FX’d for good results

The topic ‘1 Year+ TTC Part Fourteen’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors