(Closed) 1 Year+ TTC Part Fourteen

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 586
481 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
lovekiss:  Glad you had a good time on Thanksgiving and DH’s bday. Good luck deciding about the laptop!!

View original reply
Novella:  If you’re only 28 you have plenty of time! I am 32 and everyone at my clinic keeps telling me I am a baby and much younger than most of their patients! πŸ™‚

View original reply
Frohike:  FX for great results for both you and DH!

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  How are you feeling? Any word on when you’ll start prepping for your FET?

Post # 587
7308 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Frohike: LOL at your DH. Hopefully the SA will be fine, despite his impatience. haha

Novella: Ahhh… to be 28 again. I hadn’t even met Mr. LK at 28. And now I shall take a moment to mourn my youth (kidding!)

Mrs. Jaguar: How are you feeling?

View original reply
PeachBee:  We caved and bought it for him. It’s not the souped up, great for gaming, one that he really wants, but it will work well for school. Now let’s see how long it takes for him to break it.

Can I ask for some financial advice from the BTDT IVF Bees? Since it’s the end of the year, it’s time to decide whether we want to set-up a flexible spending account to help offset the cost of IFV or use the end of the year health care tax deduction. Our center offers 3 different options:

Option 1- Purchase a single fresh cycle of IFV at a time, cost is $11k plus meds.

Option 2- Purchase 2 fresh cycles of IVF + freezing of embryos + FETs, cost is $17k plus meds.

Option 3- Purchase a “shared risk” package that allows up to 6 fresh rounds of IVF + freezing of embryos + FETs + a guaranteed refund if we don’t go home with a baby, cost is $22k plus meds.

Each option has its pros and cons, and each one has different implications for whether we should use the FSA or the end of year deduction to get the most tax savings. If these were your options, which would you choose? Why?

Post # 588
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m new to this board… I hope you don’t mind me chiming in! 

Age (if you care to share): 35

TTC since: August 2013

TTC Recap: DH and I started trying right before we got married. So far, we haven’t gotten one BFP.  Because of my age, I tried to get my regular ob/gyn to at least run blood work 6 months in. He refused saying that I had gotten pg once before (unplanned in Feb 2012 and it ended up being a CP) therefore it it wasn’t necessary.  Finally last month I got him to do an HSG.  It came back normal. He then referred me to a RE.  RE did a ton of blood work, CD 2 ultrasound and more blood work.  CD 2 ultrasound showed 6 follicles and FSH of 10.4 and E2 of 48.  Currently waiting for a follow up appointment to see what our next steps are.  

Issues (if any): Hypothyroid, Hashimoto disease.  I just started seeing a RE and was informed that my FSH is 10.4.  I’m not sure if there are any other issues as I’m waiting for my follow up appointment.  

Chart? No

Currently: 3 DPO

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: Prenatal vitamins, OPK’s, timing

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: Jumping up and down and probably crying.  

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: See what the RE suggests….

Since TTC after 12+ cycles (or with IF) issues, is a very different experience than a fertile couple trying in the first month, how do you stay positive and hopeful?  <br />’

Lately it’s been very difficult to stay positive, especially after hearing my FSH is on the higher end. 

And just for fun, what are your holiday plans this year? Are you crafting or making any awesome homemade gifts? Taking any trips? <br /> No trips.  Christmas Eve we spend with DH’s family. Christmas we will spend with both  families.  I want to try baking a bunch of different things, thanks to good ole Pinterest! 

<br /><br />Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/1-year-ttc-part-fourteen/#ixzz3KlWhGQsS

Post # 589
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
AlmostHisWife:  Welcome! I was in the same boat when I found out my FSH was high too, but it did go down a bit, FX that’s the case for you as well

Post # 590
222 posts
Helper bee

lonsk  – thanks so much! How high was yours and how much did it come down? I just started researching it but I heard that they generally go by your highest number? I’m not sure how correct that is. Hopefully it does come down though.

Post # 591
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
AlmostHisWife:  My FSH rose from 7 to 12 in one year, I was crushed! However at one point during my first IVF cycle (in April) it was in the 8 range. I was pleasantly surprised because I didn’t think it could come back down. I’m still considered DOR by my RE though

Post # 592
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
PeachBee:  Hi hon. All recovered now. I’m CD9 and waiting to see if the Letrozole worked – this is a ‘rest’ cycle for us, so all depends what happens now. Hopefully next period will be the start of a new FET cycle and we try again. πŸ™‚

View original reply
lovekiss:  I’d go with 2 or 3. I wish I was lucky enough that one hit would be all it took – but most people I know had to have a few rounds (or at least a few transfers) to get their sticky bub. x

View original reply
AlmostHisWife:  Welcome to the boards. x

Post # 593
481 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Ladies, I am 8dp5dt and finally built up enough nerve to take a HPT today annnnnddd …. it was a BFP!! I can’t believe it!!! I know I still have a long way to go but this is the first BFP I have ever had and DH and I are so incredibly happy! We are beyond excited but I know we also need to be cautious, I know we still have a long way to go. Just praying that this little one is super healthy and sticky! My first beta will be Thursday and I am hoping and praying for a good number!

Post # 594
2787 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
PeachBee:  OMG Congratulations!!! Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy! You so deserve it! Enjoy every moment πŸ™‚

Post # 595
2787 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
lovekiss:  Have you checked what is the maximum that you can contribute towards your FSA? For 2015, the limit is 2,550 so it will barely cover a portion of one IVF cycle πŸ™ Have you considered an HSA? (high deductible health savings account)

Post # 596
Bee
6468 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

View original reply
PeachBee:  Congratulations!

Post # 597
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
PeachBee:  Congratulations! What a wonderful holiday gift!

Post # 598
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
PeachBee:  Woweee!  Congratulations lady!  Told ya I had a good feeling πŸ˜‰  Wishing you the happiest & healthiest nine months!

View original reply
AlmostHisWife:  Welcome!

View original reply
lovekiss:  I’m not even close to a BTDT IVFer, but as an outsider I would be inclined to go with option #2 or 3. 

Post # 599
7308 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

View original reply
AlmostHisWife:  Welcome. I’m sorry that you have to be here, but I hope that you can find the support and comraderie that you need to get through this experience.

View original reply
Mrs. Jaguar:  
View original reply
MrsBananas:  Thanks for your input. We are leaning toward options 2 and 3. I think I would feel a lot more comfortable doing a single embryo transfer if I knew that I had at least one more try, and we would strongly prefer to avoid a multiples pregnancy if we can. The risk level with a singleton pregnancy is just so much lower, and we want the very best chance of healthy me and healthy baby that we can get. Obviously we’d love 2 babies just as much as we’d love one, so transferring 2 wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. But I’d really prefer a single transfer and the confidence of knowing it isn’t our only shot.

View original reply
Turtle83:  We could each max our FSAs out, giving us around $5k to work with in pre-tax dollars. For all we know, that could be meds for one cycle! This one only makes sense if we choose option 1 and only plan to try IVF for 1 cycle. If we choose option 2 or 3, the end of year tax deduction is the smarter option. The financial counselor at our fertility center told us to stick with the insurance we have now because it’s the best one for our particular circumstances. Apparently they pay, without  question, for the diasnostic procedures and labs, and they will most likely pay for the TESE. I seriously never thought i would be this familiar with my insurance coverage. haha

View original reply
PeachBee:  Yay! Hapooy dance! Congratulations. I hope you can enjoy this moment. Wishing you a healthy 9 month incubation period. πŸ™‚

Post # 600
222 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
lovekiss:  thank you! We’ve been keeping the fact that we have been TTC to ourselves so it will be nice to talk to other people about it.  Especially people who are going through the same experiences. 

@mrsbananas: thank you! 

The topic ‘1 Year+ TTC Part Fourteen’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors