(Closed) 1+ Year TTC Part IX. Keeping hope alive…Let's get those BFP's

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 545
641 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Well, I guess it’s time to introduce myself…

Darling Husband and I have been TTC since New Year’s Day 2013. We will be on a mission soon to find out if there are any issues with either of us that has delayed a BFP. It’s definitely been a difficult journey thus far, but we are remaining as hopeful as possible. In joining this group, I am looking forward to connecting with some wonderful ladies and witnessing many BFPs. I wish you all the very best of luck!

Age (if you care to share): 24

TTC since: January 1, 2013

Issues (if any): Unknown – Our one-year TTC appointment was scheduled for today, but had to be canceled due to the blizzard that swept through our area yesterday (pretty bummed).

Chart?: Just began charting again after a four-month hiatus…

Currently: Cycle 13, CD 30

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: Prenatals, Vitex, Omega-3 with vitamin D-3, Calcium and Magnesium, and herbal teas…

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: Crying (happy tears), hugging and kissing Darling Husband endlessly, and praying for a trouble-less pregnancy that produces a beautiful, happy, and most importantly healthy baby.

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: Begin various infertility testing…

Despite the heartache…what has this infertility journey made you grateful for: I’m grateful for the strength this journey has provided for DH’s and my marriage. It has been a difficult year on this roller-coaster of a journey, but our love for one another has been the sweetness in the bittersweet. This journey has also helped me not take things for granted. Personally, I feel I’ll have much more gratitude when I receive a BFP after a year of trying as opposed to if I had gotten one right away.

Just for fun…Which film from your childhood are you most looking forward to sharing with your future children?: I was definitely a Disney girl, but my favorite thing to watch as a child was the video of my parents’ wedding, which I will surely be sharing with my future children. 

Post # 546
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Update: for any of you who didn’t know, the RE appointment today was a joint meeting between the reproductive urologist and the RE to move forward with IVF. So the urologist saw Darling Husband and then we all sat down. DH’s sperm count went up slightly from 0.8mil/ml to 1.3 mil/ml (so basically not much better)  and urologist basically congratulated us and said we fall into that less than 1% who conceived naturally with severe  oligospermia. This is truly a miracle. All I can think though is that his has to work out. Doubt we can defy the odds twice. RE seemed to think progesterone and beta were great but sensing my anxiety she said she would give me suppositories if I insisted since there was no harm. Repeat beta tomorrow. If it’s great, u/s end of January

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC Part IX. Keeping hope alive…Let's get those BFP's’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors