(Closed) 1+ Year TTC part TEN

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 137
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@HopefulForLittleOne:  Love ya more! you just “get” me. Every time I post I am annoyed by my own use of exclamation points but I can’t help it, it’s how I convey enthusiasm Smile Also pretty big fan of emoticons.

Post # 138
2152 posts
Buzzing bee

@HopefulForLittleOne:  Thanks.

They don’t know what the issue is.  They always thought it was because I wasn’t ovulating, but I have ovulated every single time for the past 2 years, so that isn’t it.

At our last doctors appointment she said that on the next egg retrival she wanted to do Pre-Implant Gentetic testing, but that we had a lot of attrition between harvest, and freezing.  The first retrival they harvested 23, 21 fertilized, but only 5 became good enough for freezing by day 5.  On day 3 we still had 21.  I also got pretty bad, OHSS with the retrival, which makes me not too keen to repeat.  We’ve been for genetic testing but nothing.

It’s just so emotionally taxing. 

Post # 141
2152 posts
Buzzing bee

@HopefulForLittleOne:  He has had his sperm tested many times and it is always “excellent”.  Great count, morphology, motility. 

That is interesting though. 

We aren’t ruling out a possibility of a sibiling to try with my eggs.  But for now, it’s donor eggs.

Post # 143
1087 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I just wanted to let you ladies know that I had a huge post with responses to everyone all typed out and then WB ate it! :/ I keep randomly getting a message when I try to submit saying that the mods will post it after they make sure that it’s not spam and then they never post. Is this happening to anyone else? I’m getting really frustrated with it. Anyway, I’m headed to bed because it’s been a looong day but I will be back tomorrow to reply again!

Post # 144
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hi ladies!  So sorry I’ve been MIA!  I’ve been using all my free procrastination time to plan a big trip I’ll be taking with DH to Ireland in June!

@andielovesj:  Please do stick around.  Would love to hear all about your experiences with international surrogacy, especially since it might be something I would consider down the line.  If you do decide to do IVF again in the future a few quick thoughts…I had a lot of drop off this past cycle (23 eggs, 21 mature, only 12 fertilized, only 3 marginal quality blasts; with a prior cycle I had something like 16 eggs, 15 fertilized, only 3 blasts)…in my case we think it’s most likely a sperm issue, but my doc did also mention that different clinics use different embryo culture media (the solution it sits in) and some people’s embryos just respond differently to one type vs. another.  So if we need to do another fresh cycle he recommended I go to a different clinic that uses a different culture media.  Also, I had OHSS with my 2nd cycle but completely avoided it in my last one by using a Lupron trigger rather than an HCG trigger.  Re: the DNA fragmentation test @Hopeful mentioned, I don’t know how beneficial it would be in your case — since your DH has perfect sperm counts, etc. I assume they haven’t even had to do ICSI?  So then it should be natural selection and the strongest sperm are already getting to your eggs.  Anyway, sorry for the long post!  I am glad you guys are taking steps forward and hope you keep us updated!

View original reply
@lonsk:  Hi there!  UGH, super annoying about your work colleague! 

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  E-mailed you IRL.

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Crazy about your car — so glad there was a (bit of a) happy ending!

Big hellos to everyone else too, especially the new faces.  Sorry not to post replies to everyone individually!  Procrastinating with trip planning as mentioned above and also work is ramping up to be much more stressful over the next few months so I’m a bit preoccupied.  AFM fertility-wise I’m just waiting for my biopsy next week.  It sort of sucks to have to be on estrace and PIO injections just in preparation for the biopsy (it’s because my lupron trigger shut down my own hormones). 

Post # 145
2152 posts
Buzzing bee

@nyckitten:  Thanks for that info.  I am going to bring it up at our next appointment. Anything is worth a try.

If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  I guess the reason I am moving on, is I can’t handle any more.  It is very emotionally taxing.  The medication makes me feel so sick, and up and down is really just taking a toll on me.  I need off the roller coaster. 

Post # 146
1331 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@lindsayandchris09:  hah, DH and I are psychos that got married in WY in the middle of winter so the cold air was refreshing! πŸ˜‰ We are right in the foothills too so it was exceptionally cold. Friends in WNC had snow and said some waterfalls were freezing! That’s unheard of! Hope you stayed warm! I found it funny that schools were being delayed or canceled. Oh southerners. 

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  This Saturday! It’s very surreal. The first few months dragged and now it’s like 3m away. DH and I had a holy crap moment this week. πŸ˜‰

View original reply
@pinkshoes:  Fantastic news to finally have a DR on your side. I really think there are some exciting months ahead for this board and am crossing everything for you all!

Post # 147
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@andielovesj: Of course you belong here! I feel like we’re all a team. Even though we all experience different infertility factors, different procedures, etc., I feel we all experience it together. It’s also nice sharing these journeys for someone else that might be going through the same situation or to someone who might end up in that situation down the road. I’m really excited for you! And even though it’s not your biological child, I can feel the love you have for this child already. So touching. I admire your strength and I hope everything goes smoothly for you in this process. HUGS.

View original reply
@lonsk: LOL. The crazy side of me was thinking the same thing about testing. Even though, I don’t see any way anything could have survived in there with the horrendous AF I experienced this cycle. But, I’ve seen crazier things happen. I did decide to test this morning just for shits and giggles, and the test was a dud! Like seriously?? But I’m 100% sure it’s not even possible. πŸ˜‰  And I’m so sorry about the incident with your co-worker. How rude {in my Michelle (Full House) voice}!! I’ve said many of times that when I’m finally blessed to be pregnant, I will truly live it as being blessed. No, our struggles don’t exempt us from morning sickness, fatigue, pains, etc., but I’ll see each little hurdle as a glorious gift of what has been given to me. Stay strong, even though I know you desperately want to rip her head off πŸ˜‰ HUGS

View original reply
@pinkshoes: That sounds like a wonderful appointment my dear! I’m so excited for you! There have been several ladies from these threads who have had success with monitored/Clomid cycles. Good luck!

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne: As much as last Friday and the weekend sucked, stressing over coming up with 2K for the deductible and cursing the arsehole who hit my vehicle, I kind of understand him not leaving the info. He probably figured it would blow away, be covered in snow, or get towed without me seeing it and therefore be lost forever. He did report it to the state police. The trooper who came out was supposed to contact us, he didn’t. So he took it into his own hands to get in contact with us and left the card on our front door. Unfortunately, we couldn’t get home Monday when he left it and the rest of the week we used our basement door (we rarely use the front door) so we didn’t see it until yesterday morning. I’m just grateful he contacted us and now a bit of stress has been lifted. πŸ™‚

View original reply
@MrsMonty11: I’ve only had that happen one time. That’s crazy that it repeatedly happens to you. Can you try contacting a mod directly to see if there’s anything wrong with your account and get it fixed?

View original reply
@nyckitten: GAH! I’m so excited for you and I must say jealous! Ireland sounds so lovely! Good luck next week, I’ve got everything crossed.

View original reply
@nyckitten: &
View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne: Can I just say, I love how knowledgeable you are with IVF. You both have always been such a great supporter to all the ladies going through or facing IVF. πŸ™‚ I certainly hope I get a bfp before considering IVF, but if I don’t I certainly hope you don’t mind me PMing you with 50 million questions – by then I’m sure you two will be LONG gone from this thread πŸ™‚

Hope all of you lovely ladies have an amazing weekend! XO

ETA, cycle wise, I’m still unsure what’s going on. My boobs aren’t as sore as they were and the EWCM I think has disappeared. After I posted yesterday, I started thinking. Before Christmas, DH found a report that antibacterial body wash and hand soap are believed to cause hormonal imbalance. We’ve been using Dial body wash (it’s antibacterial) for two+ years. This past year I’ve been noticing lots of signs that my hormones are very imbalanced. We stopped using the body was immediately. So now I’m wondering if all of that is causing my hormones to be confused right now. I did wake up this morning with dull lower backache and mild cramps, leading me to believe I might have ovulated – I just don’t know when. Usually I have intense O pains, but I have felt nothing, maybe some mild ones yesterday. Going from here, hopefully doing away with the body wash, changes to my diet, and a few other things I’ve been looking into (seed cycling and that list I posted before), maybe I can get things regulated soon. FX.

Post # 149
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@HopefulForLittleOne:  You’re right and after I posted that I realized that probably didn’t sound as well as I intended. It breaks every bit of my heart that the two of you (and your DHs) have to face this battle, therefore making it necessary to hold every bit of information you come across.  I hope you know what I meant by what I said, even though it didn’t come out the greatest. πŸ™‚

I’m going to try and find you on pinterest now to add you. Dont count on it though,  I have the hardest time finding/adding people on there πŸ˜‰ ETA-Op. I guess if I would’ve read all of your post I would’ve seen you already added me. I’ll add you to my “private” baby boards! Also, pinterest is so addicting, have fun!!

Post # 150
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@Yellow.Clover:  Hi lovely, I thought your post was very sweet and wasn’t offended at all.  I hope everyone remembers though that @Hopeful and I are just two people who have the same doctor, so really just one viewpoint, albeit an intelligent one because our doctor rocks.  But even he admits that with infertility there’s really very little hard and fast science and a lot of voodoo! 

I just did my PIO shot tonight and realized I never shared with you ladies the cute “tradition” DH and I now have… though I do the shots myself, DH sings or plays for me the chorus of the LMFAO “Shots” song (“shots, shots, shots, shots shots…”) right before I do it.  Always makes me smile every time and makes the PIO and other injections go down easier. πŸ™‚

Also, realized I never did a role call for this thread…will do now!  Though I feel like I’m such an old-timer now that everyone knows me!  It’s my one year anniversary of being on this thread, so two year anniversary of TTC. 

Post # 151
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Oh ladies, I’m so sad today and the clomid isn’t helping.Β  One of my good friends, and my brother-in-law’s best friend, died today in an apartment fire in Montreal.Β  So sad πŸ™

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC part TEN’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors