(Closed) 1+ Year TTC part TEN

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 152
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Age (if you care to share): Me 33, DH 33

TTC since: Jan 2012

Issues (if any): Severe MFI requiring IVF.  I had a small uterine septum that was removed (via hysteroscopic surgery) last year.

Chart?: Nope

Currently: Awaiting an endometrial biopsy to rule that out as a possible reason why our IVF/FET’s have been unsuccessful.

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: IVF.  For supplements I take a multivitamin/prenatal, Metanx (a prescription-strength Vit B complex, prescribed because my homocysteine levels were high), Vit D (I have low Vit D), calcium.  Before our last IVF I also took Vit C, Vit E, and melatonin but they don’t seem to have done much good and I stopped them. 

For anyone curious about my history, we have tried varicocele repair and supplements for DH (didn’t work) and then a series of IVF/FET’s.  IVF cycle #1 with a fresh transfer –> CP.  Then we did two frozen eSETS with blastocysts from that cycle –> BFN’s both times.  Then we did fresh IVF #2, complicated by OHSS, got 2 blastocysts.  Did one eSET –> CP.  Decided to go ahead with IVF #3, couldn’t do a fresh transfer because of my progesterone levels, got 3 iffy blastocysts.  So now have 4 frozen blasts and waiting for another transfer, likely an eSET because I don’t want to risk twins.  Whew…that’s a lot!  We’ve basically been continuously cycling with IVF/FET since Jan 2013.

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: Well, I’ve had two “BFP’s” already…both were chemical pregnancies.  So I know well enough not to celebrate yet…I don’t think I’ll celebrate until out of the 1st tri.  

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll:  Well, it won’t be this cycle because this is my biopsy cycle. 

Since TTC after 12+ cycles (or with IF) issues, is a very different experience than a fertile couple trying in the first month, how do you stay connected to your SO? 
@HopefulForLittleOne: Too funny that I read this completely thinking that “stay connected” meant sex!  And I was hoping that everyone would be writing great sex life tips because mine pretty much sucks right now!  Oh well, maybe next thread!  Aside from the sex life side of things though DH and I have stayed very well connected throughout this experience.  I feel just as close to him now as ever.  I’m not sure of any good tips…it helps that DH is extremely easy-going, and does so much to take care of things like the housework and cooking, etc. when I’m just physically and mentally exhausted.  We also do take advantage of our single life by going out (we go out to dinner together at least 1-2 times per week).

Just for fun…What hobbies/activities do you do to give yourself a break from TTC or just for fun? 
DH and I love going out to eat and probably drink too much wine and bourbon!  I also have a job that is very demanding but that I derive a great deal of satistfaction from (most days) so am always busy with that too.  We also watch a bit of TV every now and again, go out to movies, visit with friends, etc.

Post # 153
885 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@misshydra:  oh my, sweetie. i’m so sorry for your loss.

Hi all, just wanted to pop in and say that I totally stalk this board still and am still praying and crossing all limbs for each of you!

Post # 154
2961 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@misshydra:  Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry. That’s absolutely horrible. Sending you and your family positive thoughts and prayers. So sorry for your loss. 

Post # 155
2961 posts
Sugar bee

@BOGB:  Thanks for stopping in, lady! How are you feeling??

View original reply
@nyckitten:  Girl after my own heart, Dh and I enjoy our share of wine and bourbon too. I figure that we might as well enjoy this time because one of these days we hopefully won’t be able to, right?! And btw, “shots, shots, shots” totally made me laugh. I could absolutely see my DH doing that…and it lightening the mood, because he’s good at that (sounds like your DH has got that down, too). 

Post # 156
420 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m hoping that I can join this thread soon. We just suffered a tragedy and need time to heal physically and mentally but you ladies are so supportive. 

Post # 157
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@misshydra:  So sorry to hear this! How incredibly awful! My thoughts are with you and your husband. 

Post # 158
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@nyckitten:  It is my first time joining this thread and I was reading through your history…at the risk of sounding ignorant, what does “CP” stand for?

Post # 159
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@misshydra:  So sorry about your friend.  No words for that.  πŸ™

View original reply
@EverAfterBegins:  I read your update on the month boards and I can’t even express how sorry I am that you are going through this.  There’s no rhyme or reason or positive thing to say.  We are all here for your to be a supportive shoulder when you’re ready.

View original reply
@ethorn13:  Oops, sorry about the acronym.  CP stands for “chemical pregnancy” (what I consider essentially a sugar-coated term for very early miscarriage).

Post # 160
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@nyckitten:  Ireland = Very EXCITING! Ahhh! that is so cute (the “shot, shot, shot”) loved getting to “know” you over the past year but sorry you’ve been here so long too.

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  I do want to rip her head off! hers as well as a friend (whom actually knows our situation well) who actually told me they are considering doing gender selection for their third child Yell Not only does this go against my belief system but don’t tell someone struggling with infertility that you are going to “pick and choose” your next baby when you know I am dying inside to have one of ANY gender of my own. Anyway hope your boobs feel better and life is treating you better!

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne: Welcome to Pinterest! I tried sending you an invite to my secret boards but it was being stubborn, I don’t think it went through but if you get 12 invites – Sorry! 

View original reply
@misshydra:  I am so sorry for you loss, may you find strength in the love of family and friends during this time. Sending you big hugs.

View original reply
@EverAfterBegins:  I am sorry for the difficult time you are going through. Please join us soon, we’re here for you! hugs.

AFM CD14, should be Oing this weekend and both DH and I are off of work!!!! -YEAH!!!!

Post # 161
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@EverAfterBegins:  Oh honey, I just read about what happened. I am so so sorry, there are no words to offer. Sending you giant hugs

Post # 163
2961 posts
Sugar bee

@EverAfterBegins:  I’m so beyond sorry for your loss. Nobody should have to go through what you’ve been through. When you’re ready, we’re here. Until then, you’ll be in my thoughts and prayers. Sending lots of love and positive thoughts your way. 

Post # 164
1714 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@misshydra: I’m so sorry for you loss. You and your friend’s family are in my thoughts and prayers.

View original reply
@EverAfterBegins:  I read your update, and I’m so so sorry. I can’t even think of words to say. I’m sorry to see you here and I really hope when you’re ready to join back here your journey is light and easier. Hugs a million times over.

Post # 165
398 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Hello ladies!!!

I’m sorry and happy to join you. Sorry for the obvious reasons, happy bc I know you guys are the best. Just officially got into the 1+ now..

will actually already start off asking for your opinion in a few areas if you know…

But before that, thought I’d share my stats πŸ™‚

Age (if you care to share): 34  – turning 35 in May (yikes! Took a long time to find DH sadly L). DH is 31 (yes, I’m a cougar πŸ™‚ ).

TTC since: 3 Jan 2013 (on my 13th cycle now)

Issues (if any): hmmm I live in London so I think that may be one of my issues πŸ˜€ Don’t take me wrong, I love London, but the issue here is that all the consultants I’ve seen so far don’t ‘believe’ in short LPs (which I have) ,low progesterone (which I also have), or TSH being over 2 being a problem (mine is 3.75).  They have diagnosed me with PCOs but I seem to ovulate every cycle (I guess I have the other 2 criteria: polycystic ovaries and testosterone presence – acne sufferer since I got off BC!). Other than that, everything else seems ‘normal.’

Chart?: I gave up! It was stressing me out too much and exhausting me.. but for those interested in previous charts, here I am: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/proudcatlady

Currently: CD3 (13th cycle)

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP:  I used to be on the usual stuff (prenatal vitamins, EPO, b6, b-complex, agnus castus, pregnitude, the bee stuff I forget what it’s called, etc). but recently I’ve been getting so overwhelmed and fed up I’m just waiting to run out of vitamins to stop everything. So at the moment I’m still on prenatals, agnus castus, pregnitude, and the bee stuff I forgot the vitamin type.

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: Honestly, the BFP will be the celebration. I think I just want to celebrate by being with DH and telling him how much I love him. I just want it to be the 2 of us…oh and our cat too!

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: at this point I’m sort of losing hope of natural conception… I already decided last cycle that if that wasn’t the one I’d start looking into private fertility clinics. Which is what I’m doing now…So will be asking you ladies your opinion on IUI vs IVF soon J

Since TTC after 12+ cycles (or with IF) issues, is a very different experience than a fertile couple trying in the first month, how do you stay connected to your SO? As we all know, this is SUCH a hard journey. We’ve managed to stay connected but we’ve had our ups and downs. Us women tend to get emotionally involved in a very different way. Men can seem detached and less proactive. So that causes resentment. But as with everything in marriage, we just continue to work through things…

Just for fun…What hobbies/activities do you do to give yourself a break from TTC or just for fun?

Movies and travelling J I’m addicted to movies, and being in Europe everything is so close by.

Post # 166
398 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Ladies,

sorry to bother you all having just joined! but i started 2 threads asking bees about their opiniion on IVF versus IUi, and also one related to costs…

If you had any experience in either or both areas, would you mind taking a peak at my threads and lettine me know your thoughts?

thanks so much!

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/ivf-versus-iui-specially-if-you-have-unexplained-infertility?replies=3#post-

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/fertility-treatment-costsinsurance-cover-specially-in-the-nycnj-area#axzz2qI5HQDQX

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC part TEN’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors