(Closed) 1+ Year TTC part TEN

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 17
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Age (if you care to share): I’m 31 and DH is 29

TTC since: Sept. 2011 and NTNP since May 2009

Issues (if any): PCOS. I have another suspected issue I came across yesterday that I have an appointment for tomorrow; I’ll update once I hear more back from that.

Chart?: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/yellowclover

Currently: CD18

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: Prenatal, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, VitD, VitC. Just doing bare minimums right now, I’m revamping this all very soon!

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: Standing there in disbelief. Then take each day as it comes. πŸ™‚  I can’t wait!

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: We plan on just going with the flow until after we come back from vacation in March. Until then, I’m trying to research different things and I’m compiling a list of supplements, etc., to start hopefully within the next week or two. We’re also going wheat free and have started back at the gym. Working on a healthy couple to bring in a healthy baby πŸ™‚

Since TTC after 12+ cycles (or with IF) issues, is a very different experience than a fertile couple trying in the first month, how do you stay connected to your SO? I was actually just thinking about this the other day. Here lately it just feels like it’s always baby making, never any spontaneous “fun” when it comes to our sex life. But as far as our every day, we try not to think about IF much. I guess we’ve just gotten past that part; or at least I have. I think once you’ve been at it for years, it just becomes a normal part of your life and you just learn to live and love the family you have at this moment.

Just for fun…What hobbies/activities do you do to give yourself a break from TTC or just for fun? Good question! Here lately it seems like we’ve been just plain busy with work, getting the house together/doing projects, family functions, needing to go here and there, and the holidays – which is nice! But when we’re not busy, on the weekends we like to play board/card games together or with friends/family, go out on date nights, or go out for a few drinks. On the weeknights, we usually cook together, watch tv together, and play/cuddle with our amazing pups!!

Post # 18
1448 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@Yellow.Clover:  Thank you, we shall see.  We had decent timing so anything is possible, I just don’t like to get my hopes up.  I see you’ve been going through a lot!  That totally sucks!  I hope the car situation gets figured out soon.  And all the snow sounds miserable.  I lived up north (new england) most of my life, so I know that snow can be a bitch. I hope your new year turns around soon!!!

View original reply
@smcopp89:  Welcome!  What you said you are grateful for, I say that to myself every day.  Getting pregnant is taking it’s time so I can appreciate it that much more when it does happen. When we first started TTC I was so focused on the pregnancy aspect and the thought of having a baby at the end was a little terrifying.  But now the end result is all I can think about.  I will be such a grateful parent. So although I don’t wish infertility on anyone, I can recognize that is some ways it can be a blessing when you have to go through it.

View original reply
@misshydra:  I didn’t tell DH right away this cycle that it was “time” and it definitely made a difference.  But this whole experience is making us closer and closer as the months go by.  Which is nice.  I’m also jealous of you 120lbs cuddle buddy.  I have a 65lb one, but I like the big puppies.  What breed?

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  I LOVE ballet.  I never took it as a kid and always wanted to.  I also relate to your “my dog is awesome” meme. I feel like I say that at least once a day with all the baby stuff on my news feed.

View original reply
@Ms.Bookworm:  You have to keep the humor!  DH and I joke all the time, and I’m sorry but there is nothing sexy when we were doing the deposit for the SA.  It was COMICAL. We got to do it at home and basically we had a 15minute drop off window and you have to get the specimin there within 20 and keep it warm in the process. There was nothing sexy about it we both laughed the whole time.

View original reply
@MrsMonty11:  getting healthy and taking care of myself are at the top of my list too! It’s SO important.  I’m sorry about your losses though. πŸ™

Post # 19
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@wandering_gypsy: Thank you hun! I’m trying my best to keep positive and declare that it will! πŸ™‚

What type of dog do you have? I like the bigger pups as well. We have a 90lb rot/lab mix we call her a rottador πŸ˜‰ She’s our BIG baby. We also have a maybe 20lb pup that is one heck of a mix. We have no idea what breeds she is.  

It’s been a while; maybe we should all share pics of our furbabies!! Those always bring a smile to my face!

Post # 20
1448 posts
Bumble bee

@Yellow.Clover:  I LOVE big dogs!  I have an australian shepherd/blue heeler mix. He’s my baby.  I vote for sharing pictures of animals.  They are good therapy to any thread. πŸ˜‰

Here’s my boy:

Post # 21
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@wandering_gypsy:  ADORBS! ♥

Here’s the most recent picture I have of my babes, it’s a little hard to see them, but just take my word that they are insanely cute, lovable, sweet and hyper all rolled into one bag of fur πŸ˜‰   

Post # 22
12340 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Age (if you care to share): Me-34, DH- 29

TTC since: Sept 2012, 9th cycle

Issues (if any): Long cycles, unexplained otherwise (blood work all normal, SA good, HSG clear

Chart?: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/purplypink

Currently: CD22, still waiting for O

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: Clomid 2 rounds perscribed by OB was unsuccessful, got referred to an RE, appt is on Thursday

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: I have no clue

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll:  have to see what RE says

Since TTC after 12+ cycles (or with IF) issues, is a very different experience than a fertile couple trying in the first month, how do you stay connected to your SO? Spontaneous trips.  When I wasn’t pregnant by April of last year, meaning we had 4 weeks vacation time to start burning we booked a trip to Ireland and was on a plane 2 weeks later.  2 more cycles later and still no pregnancy, we went to Iceland the following month.  We have Greece, Turkey, or some multi city European trip on the list for this year if things doing work out again in the baby department.

Just for fun…What hobbies/activities do you do to give yourself a break from TTC or just for fun? Travel, working on the house

Post # 23
2961 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Age (if you care to share): Me 32/DH 34

TTC since: Sept 2012

Issues (if any): 1 blocked tube that needs to be removed

Chart?: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/hardtoconcentrate

Currently:

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP:  Prenatals and Serapeptasse to hopefully clear up any minor blockages in my “good” tube

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by:
I can’t even imagine.  Hmmm….I think my husband and I will probably stare at each other in shock for a day or two!

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: 
It won’t be this cycle because I’m waiting on surgery to be scheduled.  Hopefully we’ll start having a fighting chance by next cycle.

Since TTC after 12+ cycles (or with IF) issues, is a very different experience than a fertile couple trying in the first month, how do you stay connected to your SO?

This has been a tough year for us because before we got our diagnosis, DH thought it was normal that it was taking so long and that it would eventually happen, but I thought something had to be wrong, so we butted heads over that.  It’s been much better actually since we got our diagnosis and are working towards steps to fix the issue.  To lighten things up, we travel a lot, either to visit friends or get away for the weekend to a place we haven’t been.  I figure we should do those things now because hopefully in the near future it will be much more difficult to pick up and leave town on a whim.

Just for fun…What hobbies/activities do you do to give yourself a break from TTC or just for fun?

I love to run and am working on rehabilitating my knee so I can run another half marathon in the Spring.  I put off signing up for races for a year because I kept thinking I’d be pregnant but now I’ve decided to just go for it and sign up, and if I’m pregnant, I can decide whether or not to do the race.  Have to stop putting life on hold for TTC!

Post # 24
2961 posts
Sugar bee

I have an update, which is really kind of a venting update, and it’s going to be a long one.  I apologize in advance!

This month has been pretty frustrating with it all coming to a head yesterday.  You guys know I went in to a second opinion doctor for a consultation last month (4 wks ago to be exact) and decided to do the lap surgery to remove my bad tube and assess the other tube; then, we’ll decide whether to try naturally or go straight to IVF, depending on that other tube’s status.  Well, when we left the doctor’s office, we told the receptionist we’d like to schedule the surgery and she said they perform them at the hospital, so I need to call the hospital to register and then I’ll get a phone call from the hospital scheduler to set up the appt.  That day, I called to register and called back the doctor’s office to let them know I registered and was ready to schedule.  They told me they would send the ppwk to the hospital, and the hospital scheduler would call me. I was getting antsy that week knowing the holidays were coming, so I called the doctor back twice, and the second time the receptionist told me the scheduler had my info from them and gave me the scheduler’s phone number.  I called her and left a message.  I proceeded to call her a few times a week for the last 3 weeks (not on the holidays but actual work days) and left a second message yesterday morning, but I never once got a call back.  I tried again around noon yesterday, and she actually answered the phone.  She looked me up and told me she didn’t have my info from the doctor yet and once she received it, she’d call me to schedule the appt.  At this point, I thought I was going to lose my mind. I had been waiting 4 weeks and calling the WRONG person for 3 of those weeks.  It makes me so angry just thinking about it. 

I was really hopeful I could have the surgery before classes resume for the spring semester at the university where I work, which is next week.  Once classes resume, taking time off for recovery is not really possible because it means canceling class.  PLUS, today is cycle day 1, so having the surgery this week would have been perfect in so many ways.  Anyway, I called the doctor back yesterday and told the receptionist the whole story; she was very apologetic and after placing me on hold for a minute, she put me through to the doctor’s direct line.  He was extremely apologetic and said there was a miscommunication on their end because the receptionist didn’t tell him I wanted the surgery, so he thought I was still deciding, which is why he hadn’t pushed the ppwk through yet.  He was very accommodating and asked what he could do to make this right.  I said he could schedule my surgery for this week.  Unfortunately, his operating hours in January are 1/16 and 1/30, which are both days I’m traveling for work.  So, he’s currently trying to find one of two doctors that he trusts to perform the surgery this week or the week of 1/23.  I’m still crossing my fingers that it’s this week for a number of reasons – mainly because we may be able to actually try THIS cycle if it happens this week (depending on how I feel afterwards) and also, if I have it on 1/23, I’m supposed to teach class the next morning which obviously isn’t going to work out.

We got off the phone yesterday with him going to check the other doctors’ schedules.  He emailed me at the end of the day that he wasn’t able to get in touch with them and will try again today.  I appreciate his efforts and that he’s clearly trying to accommodate me, plus he was very particular about who he wanted doing the surgery if it wasn’t him, so I’m still feeling really good about my choice to go with him. 

One thing the doctor said that gave me hope was that he reviewed my HSG results again and he doesn’t think my other tube is diseased and doesn’t see a reason to remove it.  That was after I told him I adamantly want to keep that one tube unless it absolutely has to come out.  He didn’t seem to think that was going to be an issue, which was pretty exciting because it gives us hope for trying naturally.  Yesterday, I was online reading so many success stories of long-term TTCers who got a BFP within a few months of removing a blocked tube, so I’m hopeful at the moment. 

Hopefully, today I’ll have an answer about when I’m having the surgery.  Best case scenario is it’s this Thursday, worst case scenario is it’s 2/13, because that’s the first time that I don’t have a conflict with my doctor’s operating hours. I’m trying to keep perspective that even the worst case scenario isn’t that bad – it would be 2 cycles until we could TTC again based on the timing in my cycle, but that’s better than waiting months for the surgery.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading.  Sorry for the novel. Embarassed

Post # 25
2961 posts
Sugar bee

@Yellow.Clover:  Oh no!  Honey!  I am SO sorry that you are dealing with all that.  That is so incredibly frustrating.  We had a similar deductible situation last year because we had a $1k deductible, and we had a car hit us in a parking lot (hit and run) and I nicked the side of the car on something (I blame it on city living…), so when we got it repaired, we had to come out-of-pocket $2k, and that was painful.  And your poor new car!  I’m sure you’re pretty upset about that, I know how much you love that car.  I’m really sorry.  Can the car be fixed or is it totaled?  How long until you’ll have a car again?  Ugh, what a crappy situation all-around.  Sending postive thoughts and huge hugs your way!  XOXOX

Post # 26
2961 posts
Sugar bee

@Ms.Bookworm:  Welcome!  Sorry you have to be here, but you’ll find a great support system here.  Hope your stay is short and sweet!

View original reply
@smcopp89:  Welcome!  Are you in NJ or Indiana?  We just moved from NJ in July, and right about now, I’m pretty thankful – the weather up there is no joke!  I hope your appointment can be rescheduled very soon and your stay here is short!

@misshydra:  Good luck on the mortgage application!  Question for you since you just went through this: what was your recovery from the lap surgery like? 

Post # 28
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Yellow.Clover:  Thank you for the welcome!  I’m so sorry that you’re having a crappy New Year.  I hate deductables with a passion.  They suck!  I hope it’s only one deductable and you can change your policy to include rental (can’t believe they did that to you)  Good luck and stay warm!

View original reply
@wandering_gypsy:  We live 45 minutes away from my RE so he has to go to the sperm closet.  He said it was the creepiest thing he’d ever done…Hope he’s excited because he has to go tomorrow!  Your puppy is so cute!  We have a 50lb boxer mix (mixed with pointer we think).  She’s crazy..but I love her!  

AFM:  I went to the RE this morning (at 7 which means I had to leave my house at 6…blech)  and I have one follie that’s grown to 22!  So they gave me my trigger shot and we go it tomorrow afternoon for the IUI! Wish me luck!

Post # 29
1448 posts
Bumble bee

@Ms.Bookworm:  That is so exciting!! Good luck! FX FX FX!! PS. I love boxers (and boxer mixes) too cute, share a pic when you can!

Post # 30
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@hardtoconcentrate: Oh hun, I’m so sorry you’ve been getting the run-around. But, I am glad to hear that you are keeping positive! I’ve got everything crossed and still sending prayers that when it comes time for the surgery (hopefully Thursday!!!) that they find out the other tube is just PERFECT and you find your BFP just around the corner! X

And thank you! It is very frustrating and it will take a major hit to the pocket; especially after spending all our savings on the unsuccessful IUI’s and now we’re trying to save up for Disney. Is it sad that I think of this 2K as two IUI’s!?? Only in the minds of infertiles do we compare money to price of fertility treatments. Oy. They called yesterday and said the estimates total aprx. 10K. Of course that’s just preliminary and more can be discovered after they start doing the repairs. But, unfortunately, it’s not enough to total it. I say unfortunately, because I would rather it be totaled since it is such a new car and now it will be labeled as being in an accident twice within 6 months – not cool. I’m not sure how long it’s going to take to get it fixed; I’m assuming at least a month. We took my mom’s jeep over to the house last night and all the snow had melted from the driveway, so we’re hoping to be able to get DH’s truck home tonight and that will be our sole vehicle until it’s repaired.  

Post # 31
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Here’s our sweet girl…Not the best photos, but it’s all I can get at work πŸ™

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC part TEN’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors