(Closed) 1+ Year TTC part TEN

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 47
12340 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@HopefulForLittleOne:  No tips really, I think we just got lucky with those trips.  I typically plan them 6-8 months in advance, but it seems that a month or 2 sometimes works out too.  The only cost that really changes is flights, so I just kept an open mind for different places and scoped out the flights.  If it had been way too expensive we just wouldn’t have gone, or pushed it out a bit more.  Thailand is amazing!!  You should totally try to go if you can.  Summer is cheaper I think, but its HOT as hell.  I paid 1200 for flights Dec 2007, so I have idea what they go for now.  I thought about going back there too since my husband hasn’t been yet.  And if you make it out to Thailand, look into Cambodia to see Angkor Wat, it’s well worth the side trip.

And I must add to this puppy cuteness!

Post # 48
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Okay, I lied. I don’t feel like working today and I’m tired of doing internet research on diets and fertility.

@ethorn13: Welcome to the board – of course you’re welcome to join!! Sorry you were hesitant to join us earlier, but glad you are here now!

@hardtoconcentrate: Thank you hun! I actually do the same thing; think in cycles as well, or in phases – follicular and luteal. It’s crazy.

It is quite strange how the hydro is rather uncommon, yet there are three of you here with it. But, the blessing of it is all three of you have each other for support. I was also noticing earlier how strange it is that PCOS is one of the more common causes of infertility and I think I’m the only one here with it πŸ™ Luckily that must mean most are getting pregnant before hitting 1+ (why am I still here!!!! :()

And…Awww….love her! She looks like the happiest dog.ever. πŸ™‚

@picturemeurs: Hi there lady!! Miss you bunches! Good luck with your upcoming appointment. I really hope everything goes smoothly for you once you start IVF. And, Oh Em GEEEEEE, she’s adorable!!! I LOVE puppies!!!

@HopefulForLittleOne: I will never get over how cute your little man is!! When I seen that pic on FB, I DIED!!! Love him to pieces!!!! And no, it’s not totaled, unfortunately πŸ™

Re the HSG: I think it’s most certainly worth having it done, especially in your case. I don’t see why he wouldn’t perform it in the same cycle as your FET? The procedure is always done early in your cycle, so it wouldn’t affect anything. I know your tubes won’t be used, but doctors actually recommend TTC the same month it’s done because conception rates are shown to be better. So I don’t see why the procedure would affect anything with your FET. Good luck.

@smcopp89: Hi Mabel! She’s beautiful! Both of ours (well sometimes all three when the cat will actually stay in the house) sleep with us. Wouldn’t have it any other way πŸ™‚

@WillowB: Wonderful update!! πŸ™‚ FX and prayers!

@misshydra: Gasp!! He’s so cute!! Reminds me a lot of my Kali girl (the rott/lab) but your guy has a lot more Rotti features than Kali does. Looking at Kali you would think she was 100% lab, other than her size and her weapon of a tail, that’s the rott for sure.

Post # 49
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@pinkshoes: OMG. I love the Christmas picture of your pup! And such a big boy/girl?

Post # 50
2961 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@pinkshoes:  That picture of your dog and the wreath made me laugh out loud.  The look on his (her?) face is priceless.  What a cutie!

View original reply
@wandering_gypsy:  OMG, your dog!  Those eyes!  I loooovveee her!

View original reply
@picturemeurs:  She might be the cutest thing ever!  I squealed out loud at that pic.

View original reply
@Ms.Bookworm:  Your dog reminds me of my brother’s dog, who also had an eye patch.  Love that, he’s SO cute!!!

View original reply
@misshydra:  Awww, your pup is a cutie!  Thanks for the info on the recovery.  If I have the surgery Thursday, I’ll need to teach the following Monday, but only two 50-minute classes, which sounds doable.  I was also very curious about BD-ing.  If I have the surgery this Thursday, there will be 11 days between the surgery and my regular O date, so I can’t help but get excited thinking maybe we could actually TTC with some hope in a couple weeks.

View original reply
@smcopp89:  Your dog is BEAUTIFUL!! We’re looking for a second dog now, and she’s pretty much exactly what we’ve been looking for.

AFM, I got a call back from the doctor!  The doctor got the head of the clinic (who is actually renowned world-wide for his fertility books) to put me on his surgery schedule for this Thursday! The final piece is seeing if there is an OR available Thursday so they’re working on that.  They’ll call me back by 5pm today to let me know if they got a room.  My doctor emailed me and gave me his personal cell # to reach him to work through these details.  I’m so happy with the clinic, despite the glitch over the last couple weeks.  I have my fingers triple crossed that I’ll be having surgery in two short days!  My husband thinks it’s weird that I’m this giddy about having surgery but I think you ladies can understand.

Post # 51
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@hardtoconcentrate:  omg!!! That is so exciting!! Fingers crossed they have an OR πŸ™‚ The only other thing that I forgot – grab some stool softeners for home.  With the pain meds and the hurt ab muscles having a Bridesmaid or Best Man was not the most pleasant the first couple of times!

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  I also have PCOS… I take metformin, but I still have anovulatory/long cycles.  I am hoping that the clomid allows me to ovulate!

Post # 52
2961 posts
Sugar bee

@Yellow.Clover:  Haha yes, she is the happiest dog ever when she has a ball.  I wish I could be as happy with anything as my dog is with a ball. πŸ˜‰

Post # 53
2961 posts
Sugar bee

@misshydra:  Oh, good tip that I wouldn’t even have thought of.  Thanks for the heads up.

Post # 54
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@misshydra:  

@hardtoconcentrate:

@HopefulForLittleOne:

@Yellow.Clover

Thank you for the welcome! While this certainly isn’t a place any ofus want to be, it is so reassuring and nice to have others in the same situation that can relate and provide support.

And with that…I present my babies!

Post # 55
2961 posts
Sugar bee

@ethorn13:  Awwww, so cute!  Your first baby is adorable and the second one is beautiful!  We had huskies growing up and I loved them.  They were a handful!  They jumped every fence my brother ever put up.  They were great otherwise, though!

Post # 56
177 posts
Blushing bee

@hardtoconcentrate:  Yea, our mixed breed rescue was so easy as a pup, we decided t get him a friend…so we got the husky! WOW was that ever a wake up call! He has a mind of his own! He is 4 now and after lots of training he is damn near perfect!

As a side note – I had never come across serrapeptase in any of me reading, but I noticed a few ladies on here take it. What dosage do you take, where do you purchase it from, and was it recommended by the doctor?

Post # 58
2961 posts
Sugar bee

@ethorn13:  I bet, the breed is known for that.  But once you get them trained, they’re awesome!  About Serapeptasse, MrsMonty11 and I each found it separately in our research online and realized when we did roll calls that we were both taking it. Neither of us were told about it by our doctors.  I got mine online on Amazon.  I’m taking 120,000 units per day (3 capsules of 40k).  I think she’s taking a little more than that.

Post # 59
2961 posts
Sugar bee

Well, I got my surgery scheduled!  I’m having surgery on January 23rd, so in 2 weeks. I’m bummed it’s not happening this week, but two weeks isn’t too far off, and we’ll be able to TTC next cycle.  I have to start BCP today, which kind of worries me, just because I’m so regular in my cycles and with ovulation, and I don’t really want to mess with that.  But, it is what it is at this point. 

Post # 60
177 posts
Blushing bee

@hardtoconcentrate:  Awesome, I just ordered some! lol. I am willing to give anything a shot! Not sure I will have enough time for it to begin working before my surgery is scheduled, but it’s worth a shot!

Also, yay for a surgery date!!!! Hopefully it is painless and a fast recovery for you!!

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC part TEN’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors