(Closed) 1+ Year TTC part TEN

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 92
1448 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@hardtoconcentrate:  Yes it is, but normally they do Testosterone treatment which isn’t fertility friendly.  And he mentioned a pill to help lower his prolactin level but sometimes that can further lower testosterone and he didn’t really want to take that chance. I asked at our last visit at what point we might start talking alternative options (this was before the MRI) and he said he felt confident we could do this on our own, and we were a ways away from thinking about IUI/IVF.

I think I’m going to suggest we try clomid. I think that’s our only option at this point, I’m just not sure what that does with prolactin levels.

Post # 93
1783 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Thought you all might appreciate this… 2 pregnancy related announcements on FB today *sigh*

Post # 94
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@lindsayandchris09: Marcus is adorable! I love the picture of him on his back!! I just want to squeeze him!

@MrsMonty11: OMG, Harley is too funny!!! These pictures made me laugh! I love the one of him and your son cuddling! And thank you sweetie!

@razzzzzz:  @quierajen: Thanks ladies! I hope you and your LO’s are doing well!

@ShellVee: Hi there lady!! Sorry to see you’ve made your way here to the 1+ thread πŸ™ But as we all can agree, it’s really the best thread here! Hope your stay here is short and sweet!!!

@nyckitten: Hi there! Hope you’re doing well! HUGS

@smcopp89: Sorry about the arrival of a new cycle. FX you are able to get into the RE ASAP.

@ShellVee: They’re adorable!

@wandering_gypsy: Glad to hear it’s not a tumor! Sorry you feel you’ve hit a dead end. I would ask the doctor where you should go from here. Hopefully they would be able to point you in the correct direction. Good luck hun.

So I want share my origami owl locket I started. At the party I was so attracted to the “Find joy in the journey” tag and felt like it was a message sent just for me. It’s my reminder when TTC gets me down. I’ve been trying so hard lately to remind myself there’s a reason we’re being sent through this. I know one day it will become clear, until this I just have to be thankful for the good things it has brought about and learn to find “joy in the journey.”

Post # 95
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@ShellVee: Haha – so true! Sorry about the FB announcements this morning. I seen a post today where someone had posted on picture of a CL add of someone selling positive pregnancy tests to women to trick their SO’s into marrying them! WTF!!! She said she’s selling them to help bring in money for the stuff the baby will need. Wow. And we.are.infertile. o_O

Post # 96
482 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@hardtoconcentrate:  I just have to keep telling myself that this is a new cycle, a fresh start, and DH and I are doing everything we can to start a family. It’s funny, I have a love/hate relationship with AF. Obviously, I’d rather be pregnant, but during the cycles I lose hope on, I pray for AF for a fresh start. I often wonder if that makes sense at all…?

View original reply
@ShellVee:  This is how I felt over the holidays… Three people announced pregnancies via Facebook, and another welcomed her second son. I love social media for staying in touch with family and friends, but since we began TTC I’ve found I have to limit the frequency I spend on Facebook/Instagram. I am genuinely happy for the success and happiness of others in conceiving, but naturally it gets me down and reminds me of what I long so badly for, have tried so hard to obtain, and have yet to see realized.

UPDATE: Appointment has been rescheduled for the afternoon of January 14th!

Post # 97
482 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Yellow.Clover:  I’m looking forward to a fresh start this cycle. And, luckily the appointment has been rescheduled for next week! I’m trying to be as positive as I can. I keep telling myself that 2014 is the year!

Post # 98
1714 posts
Bumble bee

@ShellVee:  Welcome. Your picture totes made me lol, in the office too.

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  OMG I love that locket!!! I had to stop myself from liking/commenting on FB, so your RL friends won’td be like who is the random person from this strange country. It’s really pretty.

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  Wohoo for surgery, any word yet on  the OR. I’m sorry if I missed any updates that may have answered this. Oh and your little fur baby is quite the model, love the snuggly picture.

View original reply
@smcopp89:  Welcome doll! And wow Mabel has such a beautiful black coat, against the snow it’s gorgeous.

View original reply
@MrsMonty11:  Thanks. I’m starting to regret not taking as much pictures when we first got her. I love the picture of your dog and son, you can tell they love each other dearly.

View original reply
@razzzzzz:  and
View original reply
@quierajen:  Thanks for checking in, I hope all is well on the other side.

View original reply
@WillowB:  Hope all goes well today. Re: Doggie pic, they both look like they’re laughing actually. Maybe an inside joke?

Post # 99
504 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Yellow.Clover:  ugh… Origami Owl annoys the ever loving stuff out of me… DH’s aunt in Cali sells it with her daughters and they are constantly inviting me to their events… umm hello! we live 10 hours away!! And Mother-In-Law will buy me charms and stuff for birthdays/holidays… I’m like Save your money!!! The only piece of jewelry i wear is my wedding ring so I am so not the female norm i know πŸ™‚    The dangle charm though it really nice… I love the “find the joy” message… Honestly, the TTC journey sucked the joy completely out of my life and almost made me ruined my marriage… You ladies are very strong!! FXed for you πŸ™‚

Post # 102
1714 posts
Bumble bee

@HopefulForLittleOne:  Is there any reason you think he won’t want you to get one? If it would put your mind at ease maybe you should be a little more insistent.

Post # 103
509 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Update:  My beta thankfully almost tripled in the last 2 days! (228 to 673).  My Tsh, which was 3.08 last month has jumped to 4.35. I’m really kicking myself for not pushing the RE to treat me at 3.08 but we never expected this to happen and thought we’d get that ball rolling at this past appointment prior to IVF (which would have been a 3 month wait).  Anyway, hopefully RE sees the results this afternoon and phones me.  If not,  I’ll call her before the office closes. I feel like the crazy pregnant lady, but in her line of work, I’m assuming she she has seen a few in her career.  I just hope we can get it fixed soon. I’ve read conflicting information on Google so now I’m trying to stop searching for fear of causing a panic attack.  πŸ™‚ 

I will leave you now. It’s not fair to have someone pregnant posting on here and taking the focus off of your journeys. It’s bittersweet. I’ve met so many wonderful supportive ladies here.  I will never stop lurking/stalking this thread.  I pray that every single one of you will graduate soon.  I feel an enormous amount of guilt even writing this.  I truly hope that our miracle can give people hope. I’ve never stopped praying for this miracle to happen since day 1. And I pray that since God gave us this miracle, that He won’t take it away.  I’ve been so terrified since Monday.

Thank you all for your support.  πŸ™‚ 

Post # 104
1332 posts
Bumble bee

@WillowB:  yay! So happy for you! Here’s a to a happy and healthy LO! Best wishes. 

I love seeing all the furry baby photos! Such cute pets! πŸ™‚

Post # 105
2961 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@WillowB:  I know it’s so much easier said than done, but try to step away from Dr. Google and relax and enjoy this time.  You.Are.Pregnant.  You can’t worry about what will happen tomorrow, next week, next month. Right now, you are pregnant!  And, from the looks of things, you have a healthy pregnancy in there!  Your miracle has absolutely given me hope, and I truly am so happy for you.  I’ll be following your story and can’t wait to hear about the baby growing. Please drop in now and then!  xox

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne: I’d say that your doctor’s assessment is probably accurate because you feel confident in him, and I doubt he’d steer you in the wrong direction.  I’m not a doctor so I don’t know the right answer, but I’m sure he knows what he’s talking about.  I had one pelvic ultrasound, both external and transvaginal, prior to seeing the RE and one sonogram with my RE, and the hydrosalpinx did not show on any of those.  On the other hand, misshydra’s hydrosalpinx did show on her sonogram, I believe. I was actually told by both people performing the separate tests that I had “textbook” anatomy and that things looked “perfect”….which makes me laugh now.  However, I’m sure your doctor has seen a great deal more of your anatomy having done so many sonograms on you. 

You’re in a hard spot.  I want to say trust your doctor, but I also want to say trust your gut, especially given the circumstances of limited embryos.  Do you know if an HSG is a routine test before IVF at your clinic?  It was a required test at my clinic in NJ and at the two I’ve been to in NC, but like I said, your doctor sounds like he has been able to assess your tubes from the sonogram.  I wish I had an answer – I know I’m not helping because I’m talking in circles at this point.  I don’t know what I would do. Hoping nyckitten can make you feel a little better knowing more about your doctor.

Post # 106
1448 posts
Bumble bee

@WillowB:  I am SO happy for you!  You definitely don’t have to go, please check in once in a while.  I am wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy momma!! Smile

AFM:

So, I have been doing a lot of reading about DH’s “diagnosis” and I’d like some input from you ladies.

Ok, (here’s a synopsis of the last 3 months if you know the story skip to the next bolded section) first and foremost DH has a low sperm count, poor morphology and poor motility (based on his low count, if his count were up the other numbers wouldn’t be that bad).  This is only based on 1 SA however, but the results were low enough (600k) that they would be low even if it was a fluke.

My doctor referred us to the Urologist who ran some blood tests and a scrotal ultrasound (which was clean) but the blood work came back with really low testosterone (which we knew from a previous doctor for an unrelated issue), “high” prolactin (I’ll get to that in a second) and near normal LH levels.

Testosterone was 190 (should be upwards of 600)

Prolactin was 23 (the doctor said should be around 15)

Ok so we get an MRI to make sure there isn’t a prolactinoma (tumor), there isn’t. And now our doctor is kind of lost on what to do because he is focusing on the high prolactin.

That brings us to now:

From what I’ve read “normal” prolactin levels are kind of arbitrary because they can fluctuate a lot throughout the day.  Also from what I’ve read anything from 2-18 is normal.  Which would make his 23 not THAT high. Am I correct in thinking that?

From what I’ve read, things like certain pain killers, sexual satisfaction, and stress can raise levels. Also, new fathers tend to have higher levels of prolactin in their bodies (it’s the response to help bonding and basically keep you sane around a crying baby).  Coincidentally, the night before his appointment DH and I “cleared his pipes” so to speak for the ultrasound (sexual satisfaction), he worked that night (stress) and took half a codine (pain killer) for his aching back (he has sciatica) AND there was a crying newborn baby right next to us when he was GIVING BLOOD for the blood test (the crying actually made me tear up so I’m sure it had an affect on my husband).

We mentioned the pain meds to the doctor at the time and he said that could have raised the level, but not too much; we didn’t even think about the other stuff having an effect, but I think all of it combined may have made an impact.

Also read that there are two other important hormones FSH and GnRH that should have been checked right off the bat.  I feel like we spent so much time and money chasing this tumor theory when it wasn’t even the right path! If nothing else he should have re-ordered the Prolactin test to make sure it wasn’t a random “spike”…

So, I think I need to ask our doctor to re-order the blood tests, check for FSH and GnRH levels and then see if we can start DH on Clomid or another fertility friendly testosterone therapy (I have a list, there’s like 3).

If I could figure this stuff out in a few hours and no medical degree how come DH’s DOCTOR still hasn’t come up with a plan?  Am I being overly harsh/critical or should we ask to be referred to a different doctor?

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC part TEN’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors