(Closed) 1+ year TTC! Part V.

posted 9 years ago in TTC
Post # 17
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Cycle Day and TTC since/Cycles trying:  CD7 / TTC since Jan 2012, about 12 natural cycles and 1 IVF

Age (if you care to share): I’m 32 and so is DH

Issues if any: Major male fertility factors to the point where TTC naturally is a “1 in a million” type situation for us.  I also had a uterine septum, which was removed. 

Charting? (share your chart if you like): not charting anymore 

Estimated next POAS date: April 22 or so assuming all goes well with my FET! 

How are you going after you BFP: Thank goodness for medical science.  We’ve tried one IVF (–> MC/CP) and are moving on to a FET (we have 2 frosty blasts).  

What are you HAPPY about right now?  I’m happy to have many very inspirational women in my life, including all of you!  Of course, I also love my DH.  He’s having a bit of a rough spell lately…he freelances for work and hasn’t had a job since Jan 1…it’s his longest dry stretch.  Luckily we have enough saved that we’re ok financially, but it is doing awful things for his self-confidence and his mood.  He already feels like the infertility is his fault and that he’s letting me down with that, and now this in addition is a lot… I’m hoping this trial ends soon.  It’s a bit of too much at once — definitely shaking his faith and I’m trying not to let it shake mine (you ladies help!)

@Yellow.Clover:  Ok, I loved everyone’s inspirational graphics but this “No baby on board” was my favorite and actually had me laughing out loud!

View original reply
@razzzzzz:  So glad your HSG went well and all clear!  Thanks for starting the new thread.  I’m hoping it’s a very good one!

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Wish I was more of a chart expert to be able to help interpret yours.  Also not sure about PCOS and your questions on cycles.  Have you read TCOYF though?  As I recall there was a lot of helpful info on there that might answer some of the questions like whether you can have a regular cycle and not O (as I recall the answer is that yes you can have a regular length cycle and not be O’ing).

View original reply
@dodgercpkl:  FX that maybe the stars aligned!  Your DH’s SA sounds good!  I wouldn’t compare too much between the two.  As someone whose DH has had MANY SA’s I can say that they tend to vary quite a bit — it’s hard to directly compare unless there are drastic changes (though I understand the urge to do so!).  Hope the rest of your tests go well too!  My DH also had the Y chromosome microdeletion test…was negative). 

View original reply
@LEwife543:  Aww, what you wrote about your DH was so sweet!

Post # 18
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@razzzzzz:  Glad to hear the HSG went well! That’s great! It is a little uncomfortable when you’re just lying there while they’re taking images. During mine the machine malfunctioned and I had to lay there for probably 15-20 minutes let alone the 20 mins before the doctor came in. It was crazy. FX it cleared out some cobwebs and you are on your way to your bfp! ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
@dodgercpkl:  100 lbs lost!! That’s AMAZING! Congrats to you! ๐Ÿ™‚ You should post the before and after, I’d love to see them!! I always find it to be great inspiration! I don’t see the difference in me, but here lately everyone has been commenting on it, so at least I know there must be a difference. It really feels great.

Yay for CH. I know you’re not trying this cycle, but seeing CH’s are always exciting. I really hope the increase in progesterone and adding the lovenox next cycle will do the trick. Sending sticky baby vibes your way!

View original reply
@nyckitten:  Sending prayers for your hubby to regain his faith and that he finds work soon. I can only imagine the toll it has taken on him. I’m sending all hope that this FET cycle is the one!!

The no baby on board sign had me dying laughing at work…I love it. I’m seriously tempted to print it out and hang it in my car LOL!

AFM, I just received my blood results back from my CD3 blood work…this is my 1st CD 3 blood work. YES, we’ve been TTC for 17 months and it’s my first! Crazy, huh? Anywho..my hormone levels to me DO NOT suggest PCOS. I want to email my doctor about them, but at the same time, I’m so fed up with her I figure I’ll just wait until we are at the fertility clinic and and ask them. All my prior blood work that suggested PCOS were done at different times throughout my cycle. This is the first one that came back and my LH is actually lower than my FSH:

FSH 6.2 MIU/ML
LH 4.2 MIU/ML
PROLACTIN 11.12 NG/ML

I tried to google if it was normal for the LH to be lower than the FSH but couldn’t come across anything off the bat. I do know my levels are in normal range, but don’t know if they signal anything or not? I know for PCOS your FSH to LH ratio is generally 1:2 or 1:3. Anyone have any ideas?

HAPPY FRIDAY to all!! Hope you all have an amazing weekend with lots of love and cuddles! ๐Ÿ™‚ XOXO

Post # 19
3910 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Yellow.Clover:  lmao @ “no baby on board” graphic…that was really funny. 

Post # 20
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@HopefulForLittleOne:  It was explained to me PCOS is poly cystic ovanian syndrome. That not only gads the missed periods, no O or rare O, and the body stuff…. You may just have poly cystic ovaries. Without any symptoms. Possible. But it’s always a good idea to refer any questions to the RE. For sure. 

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  yay!! 10lbs!! That’s nothing! You’ll get there quick. (-:

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  keep up all the healthy lifestyle choices! You’ll find your BFP. (-: 3-13, yay!!

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  yes. 100mg. And no. Hubby is at academy for 6 months. So June 20th is his graduation date. We will be making lots of trips for BD timing. But, it’ll have to suffice. /-:

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  lol! Love the memes! 

View original reply
@razzzzzz:  that’s great news!!!!! Yay for clear tubes! (-: 

Post # 21
441 posts
Helper bee

@dodgercpkl:  yeah. That’s what I was thinking. Pco and not pcos. … 100 lbs!?! That’s awesome!!! And thanks for the lesson. I had never heard of it before. Crazy. I what made the doctor check for that? Well. And with everything else… A dog with a bone is right. Looks like you have so much covered. I hope that you two get lucky. If not this cycle then the next. Maybe you’ll get some answers and find what the problem is. Sorry about the SA, but I wouldn’t focus on that. So many factors play into that. and you said yourself it would be fine if its #1, so maybe u can pretend it is? FX lady! Sticky baby!!! (-:

View original reply
@nyckitten:  I’m still over here thinking happy and positive thoughts on the west coast. (-: BFP this next cycle for sure for u!!! FX for the next round of tests, ivf, and all that hollabaluoo. 

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  yeah, I haven’t had any blood tests durning my TTC battle. Just the first set of tests and ultrasound before he put me on clomid. And then a glucose test. But nothing else. I think that he will do the tube dye test after my last round of clomid. (I’m taking one cruise cycle and I have one refill, then no more tries). Then idk. iui I suppose would be the next step. Not sure though. Eh. Just taking it day by day. 

Post # 22
441 posts
Helper bee

@Yellow.Clover:  I bet you could get professional help online? I wonder if there is a doctor site. Like pay $20 and they will read your test results and give you thoughts/explanations? Lol would be nice!

Post # 23
441 posts
Helper bee

Bad week. Trying to keep it together. Hope you’re all having a great Friday. Tty ladies soon. 

Post # 24
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Cycle Day and TTC since/Cycles trying:   CD 6 / Cycle 21

Age (if you care to share): 32

Issues if any: None known

Charting? (share your chart if you like): Not charting due to odd sleep/work patterns

Estimated next POAS date:How are you going after you BFP: I’m pretty boring, I’ll only test if I’m late.

Still very frustrated, feeling as though I can’t get any answers or help. Since my long awaited March 18 RE appointment was cancelled and rescheduled for April 8 when DH is out of town, I spent 45 minutes on the phone on hold trying to get a different date but was told if I cancelled the April 8 appointment I would have another 6-7 month wait (this after a 9 month wait – once April arrives) the receptionist did say it was okay if DH did not attend so I’m hoping not to be in trouble with the RE. I feel like the RE is going to be upset with me that I haven’t exhausted other avenues of testing prior to seeing her. I have asked for bloodwork and only had routine bloodwork not specific to any cycle day. I asked for a HSG and only was granted an ultrasound that again wasn’t on any specific CD. Not for a lack of trying, just for some reason can’t get anywhere with the doctors (I have been on long waiting lists for referrals since my doctor took a year off). FX a miracle BFP is thrown my way and I don’t need to go to the RE!!! 

Post # 25
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

Post # 26
2294 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Before (around 245 not my heaviest):

After (at 180):

Before:

After:

Not a wedding shot, but here’s my husband and I at the heaviest that we’ve both been in our relationship (june 2011 at roughly 278 for me and 310 for him):

After (not the best or *most* recent weight, but it’s the only couples shot we have from this year):

And not an after of anything, but I got a new dress for a cousin’s wedding and since I’m posting pics, I have to show it off!

Post # 28
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@dodgercpkl:  You are looking great!!!  So awesome!  Love the new dress too.  Looks like your hubby also lost a ton of weight and is a cutie!

View original reply
@razzzzzz:  Aww, thanks.  You’re too sweet. ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Am a doctor, but just a dumb old ER doc not an OB, so my apologies that youre blood test results still look like greek to me.  I dug up my old CD3 results though and they were very similar to yours (FSH 6.9, LH 4.6, I didn’t have a prolactin measured) and I definitely don’t have PCOS.  I bet if you went on one of the infertility boards and posted them though you’d get lots of replies! 

View original reply
@lonsk:  I’m so sorry about your appointment!  I would keep the one you have.  They won’t need your DH!  Just tell the RE that you didn’t want to cancel the appointment — I’m sure he/she won’t be mad.  Also, I wouldn’t stress about not having all the bloods and tests already.  At least the way it works here in the U.S. is that it is usually the RE who orders all of those, not your regular OB.  

Post # 29
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@dodgercpkl:  Wow! You look great! Congratulations on your weight loss

View original reply
@razzzzzz:  That’s a good idea! I will have to see if he can be available by phone. I also have a consent form I am goijng to have him sign so that the RE and I can discuss his SA if necessary – I am hoping to get more information about the SA as all DH was told was that count was good. I am convinced his swimmers are goijng backwards or something!

View original reply
@nyckitten:  Thanks for the reassurance! I hope your DH is feeling more positive and things are brighter for you both soon.

So, opinions please: back in October I got a referal to a new OBGYN whom I was hoping would help us as he helped my sister’s friend get pregnant. Anyway the earliest appointment I could get was April 4. I was hoping to either be pregnant by then or still be waiting for the RE appoinment. However now my RE appoinment is April 8. I’m planning to have this OBGYN follow me through pregnancy (when that happens) but don’t really have a need for him at this point. Should I cancel the appointment? or just go to him for a routine pap or something? I don’t want to lose having him potentially be my doc seeing as it took months for an initial appointment. What do you ladies think?

Post # 30
1714 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@dodgercpkl:  Just chimming in here to say, you look fantasic! Congrats!

Post # 31
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@dodgercpkl:  Wow!  What amazing transitions!  You make me wish I had a corset dress so I could put it on again without worry about weighing the exact amount I did on our wedding day ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
@lonsk:  Keep the gyn appt.  At the very least you can ask questions, etc.  I don’t like to look back and think “what if I would have,” and seeing that doc will prevent that sort of thing from happening.  Is it usually this hard for people in Canada to see an RE?  Or are there special circumstances in your case?

AFM, today is my RE appt.  I have started making a list of questions, and printed out my BBT charts.  Wouldn’t it be amazing if my doc said the high temps meant pregnancy, and my last AF was just early spotting.  But we weren’t really good about BDing during my last fertile phase, so even if I knew DH had millions of healthy swimmers, it would have been pretty unlikely.

The topic ‘1+ year TTC! Part V.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors