(Closed) 1+ year TTC! Part V.

posted 9 years ago in TTC
Post # 32
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Well, it looks like I’m going to start seeing a new RE.  Basically, I’m just not comfortable with this doc.  I won’t go into the details on a public board (I’ve shared with a couple of you on PM, and if you want to know more, PM me and I’ll tell you), but he wants to run a series of tests and do some stuff raising all sorts of ethical issues.  I’m not saying he wants to do anything wrong.  But it’s a highly personal “hot topic” where people are likely to disagree.  As the patient, I’d like to have a say.  But I don’t with him.  I may decide to do just what he wants, but I need to be with a doctor who goes over the pros and cons of everything with me, and lets me reach that conclusion on my own, not one who forces his own opinion on me.  Even if his “ethics” require he follow a certain path, that doesn’t mean he can insult me for having different ethical beliefs.  Some of the things he said were quite off.  He should just say that he is only willing to proceed in X fashion and leave it at that.  Just as I don’t think that every doctor should have to perform an elective abortion, I also don’t think that doctors who do not provide that service should insult and deride any patient who decides to go that route.  If I have a difficult decision to make, I must make the decision myself and feel comfortable with it.  If not, if the choice is forced on me, I will forever be looking back and doubting, and possibly regretting, that choice.

And after all that, he wasn’t even interested in my BBT chart.  He said if I’m having regular periods, I shouldn’t worry about not ovulating.  Perhaps there is something in my numbers that indicate that I am ovulating, but if that is the case, he didn’t say so.  Just that temps can be off and my regular cycle indicates everything’s fine.

I just don’t like the way this guys handles stuff.  Luckily, a good friend of mine who is also going through IF treatment has a doc that she LOVES.  I contacted him and he’s willing to let me make my own decision (he makes recommendations, but the ultimate choice would be mine).  And he takes my insurance ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 33
2294 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Oh I can totally understand why are are wanting to switch!!  *hugs*  I’m sorry that you are having to deal with that.  ๐Ÿ™

Post # 35
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@HopefulForLittleOne:  I’m not entirely sure why it takes so long to get into an RE here. I can’t speak for the rest of Canada about the wait times but there is only one RE clinic in my city (which is relatively new) and it serves a large geographical area so I think that is why the long wait (?)

Sorry to here about your experience with the RE, I hope the new one is much better and doesn’t impose anything on you that your are not comfortable with. 

Post # 36
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@HopefulForLittleOne:  So sorry to hear about your bad RE experience!  Ugh.  It definitely sounds like you should switch, for multiple reasons.  I hope the next one is better…already sounds like he is!

DH and I just booked a vacation for 2 weeks from now!  Last minute trip to the Yucatan!

Post # 37
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Popping in to wish my 1+year ladies lots of luck and well wishes. x

Post # 38
Bee
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Popping in to wish my 1+year ladies lots of luck and well wishes. x

Post # 39
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m already ready to start a fan club for my new RE, and we don’t have our first appt until 3/12!  He DOES EMAIL!!  It’s amazing.  I was able to email him to see if he’d be willing to work with us, and therefore avoid the situation with the nasty doc, send him the documents I have, talk about what’s already been done, what we should do next, and and and.  And he writes long thorough emails, not 2 line quickies.  He does the same for my friend who is his patient (in fact in the past, she asked him a question about ME, and he wrote a long email in response, and I obviously wasn’t even his patient– I started me email correspondence to him by including that email, saying I’m the friend she’s referencing, would you be willing to work with us).  We looked up reviews, and people rave about him.  When we looked up the last guy, lots of people had all sorts of horrible things to say.  Suddenly I feel soooo much better about this whole process. 

DH has his first post op SA on Tuesday.  I hope there is something there.  If not, then we have to figure out how to get his spermcicles to the new doc.  He loves his urologist (who is awesome), but she works in the same health system as the horrible RE.  I don’t know how complex it is to get them from point A to point B.

Post # 41
129 posts
Blushing bee

ladies i have to apologise, Just had to big myself up today, on Monday I OVULATED! My progesterone levels on Monday were 34 confirming ovulation, today they were back down to 24, so no sticky baby this time, but I’m just happy that my bits can work themselves sometimes, even if its only 1 in 4 months. Either that or its the pregnacare working now I’ve had it for 2 months. Yay for my wonky ovaries!

Post # 44
2294 posts
Buzzing bee

I need to try and catch up, but the past few days have been… traumatic to say the least.  Thank GOD I insisted on having the ultrasound to check the blood flow in my lining because it turns out that I likely still have quite a bit of that dang septum left despite my surgery last year!!  So no WONDER I’m still having miscarriages.  All my RE could say was “Oh well there is ALWAYS a chance that it will need more then one surgery and current protocol shows that a follow-up scan is unnecessary.”  What?!  WHAT?!  You made me go through an HSG *AND* an MRI to verify that surgery was needed in the first place and yet you don’t want to spend the money to make sure it’s gone and make sure it can’t cause anymore heartbreak and emotional stress?!  My decision to make NOT the doctor’s!  It’s MY money and MY body!  

I can’t even describe just how furious I am right now.  I have to set up an MRI to verify, but even so, the first available surgery isn’t until MAY.  And if I want to TRY and do it sooner then I have to be on birth control for the whole time since cancellations wouldn’t be known about until a day or 2 in advance.  With my experience with PCOS and BC, and knowing that I have a blood clotting disorder, I REALLY don’t want to be on BC for that long.  So I’m between a rock and a hard place.  

Post # 45
4053 posts
Honey bee

Hi ladies. Anyone want my stash? I have about 30+ wondfo OPKs, 20 wondfo HPTs, a bunch of FRERs and CBEs HPTs and OPKs. My whole life has like, changed, and I’m not even gonna use the OPKs anymore. PM me or email me or FB me if you guys have those forms of contact ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 46
4560 posts
Honey bee

It’s been awhile, but I’m back (with a different name, but same pic). After my MC last May, it’s been difficult. But I’m starting IVF in a few weeks and know I will need your support!

Cycle Day and TTC since/Cycles trying: NTNT Dec 2010, TTC Mar 2011. Not following my cycle this month. I haven’t ovulated on my own since the MC (BFP naturally), so I wanted a break before the IVF craziness

Age (if you care to share): 42, DH 43

Issues if any: Age and not ovulating

Charting? (share your chart if you like): NA

Estimated next POAS date: Don’t really know. 

How are you going after you BFP: IVF. AF should be here in a few weeks. I start BCP for 10 days, then the protocols. So about 5-6 weeks from now

What are you HAPPY about right now? Trying to be in a happy place, but difficult. I lost my job in Jan, so just sitting at home… But when I get down I focus on my amazing DH, 3 adorable kitties and great friends. We did just back from Hollywood where I was able to go the Castle TV show set.

I look forward to getting to know all the “new” people on here. 

The topic ‘1+ year TTC! Part V.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors