(Closed) 1+ year TTC! Part V.

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 452
1009 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@razzzzzz:  I’m so glad that everything is looking so good for you, and that you can still go on your trip!  What will your estimated POAS date be?  I’m not sure how common my tests are.  I think some docs might only do them after mc (or even recurrent mc).  I guess I got “lucky” that my RE does them as part of the standard protocol.  I had to fast before the blood draw, and they took so much blood I felt like I should have been given a “be nice to me, I gave blood today” sticker (anyone else remember those??).

@nyckitten:  That is a huge accomplishment.  Congratulations!  I really really hope AF joins you so you can enjoy your celebration.  Do you ever go running?  When I was in training mode, sometimes the josteling of a run would get things going.  As far as starting a thread, I’m just not good in the quote/cute graphic department.  My favorite quote is “well behaved women seldom make history” and my favorite graphics involve my dog, but that doesn’t have anything to do with encouraging TTC!  πŸ™‚ 

@Yellow.Clover:  Yaaaay!  I’m glad it went so well!  The thing about hormones not lining up with late ovulation, is that what they call a luteral phase defect?  That’s what I thought it was (though I think that’s when the luteral phase is too short, so I don’t know if that applies if its short because O was late).

Post # 453
3059 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@HopefulForLittleOne: Thank you!! I’m not sure, but I don’t think it is. My LP runs 12 days, which is okay. I think a LP defect is if your LP is shorter than 10 days and/or you spot. I’m still not quite sure what she meant about the hormones not lining up…I probably should’ve had her elaborate more on that. Think I might have to google it!

Post # 455
3059 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@razzzzzz: Those are great questions!!!

To answer your baby#2 question now, our plan is to wait at least two years before we try again. I’m hoping in that time I’ll have lost a lot more weight and “hopefully” we’ll get our surprise on our own. I’m hoping I’ll be one of those one’s that after I have my first, I’ll be extremely fertile! I can hope right? πŸ™‚

And you’re not testing until the 21st!??? Are you mad woman!?? I’d be testing now! Why the 21st? <-I really must still be asleep, I’m sorry – I don’t know why I was thinking you were like 8dpo or something, geeeeezz….*embarrassed*

Post # 456
1226 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@Yellow.Clover:  @razzzzzz:  @HopefulForLittleOne:  Thanks ladies for the congrats and AF wishes! 

Graduation was actually pretty fun — I probably had a bit too much wine! πŸ™‚  Happy to have my last graduation ever — after *14* years of higher education and training I think I’m done with my prolonged adolescence…now it’s time to have a baby.

Last night the nurse from the RE office emailed me to say that my doc wanted me to get an ultrasound and bloodwork this morning, so I dragged myself out of bed at 7am.  The ultrasound showed normal ovaries, and a quite thin uterine lining…I was very discouraged because it didn’t look like AF was on her way *at all*.  But I just got a call from the nurse and apparently after reviewing all of my results and images my doc feels like I’m not going to bleed…so he thinks it will be safe to just go ahead with my cycle!  This makes sense since the reason they usually wait for after AF is so the lining is good and thin when you start, but my lining is already thin now. So I’ll be starting my estrace tonight and we’re looking at a transfer date of around June 24th/25th again.  Hooray!  So I will get to hopefully do the transfer before starting my new job, and also it’s always a happy time to start estrace again because on just the Lupron I’m essentially in menopause (my estrogen level today was 0).

So…now I’m wondering whether I should cancel the wedding I was going to go to in Atlanta…my flight is on June 28.  I was looking forward to the trip, but it’s not really a “can’t miss” wedding.  So…I dunno!  Any thoughts?  I might head on over to the resolve boards to see what people think about flying after IVF/FET.

@Yellow.Clover:  Yay!!  All great news from you!  Keep us posted on how things progress.

@razzzzzz:  I like your questions!  Except I can’t even think about TTC #2!  More IVF! Argh!

Post # 457
1009 posts
Bumble bee

@nyckitten:  That’s awesome!!  I’m sooo so so happy for you!  That must be such a relief!  I have no guidance on travel that shortly after FET.  I think travel in early pregnancy is ok, but not sure about FET.  Hopefully Resolve will help.  Thanks again for referring me that way πŸ™‚

@razzzzzz:  The end of June is looking to be a VERY exciting time around here! πŸ™‚

@Yellow.Clover:  I saw your post on FB.  Your hubby is so stinking sweet! πŸ™‚

So after learning about the clotting issue, I told my mom and sister about it since I got a mutation from each parent.  In the course my conversation with my sister, she comes out and says that she’s “been praying about it,” and she’d be willing to be our surrogate should we need that.  I was quite surprised.  And very touched.  She’s 7 years younger than me, and has no trouble getting or staying pregnant (and said she’s done having kids).  But we also have a relationship that is complicated in many ways (we’re half siblings, she’s very close to her mom, who has always treated me like a red headed step child, and our father passed away a few years ago), and I’m hoping I never have to be in the position to see how sincere she is.  But I’m very touched and, frankly, quite surprised by how supportive she was.  She’s much more conservative a religious than I am, and sometimes we butt heads, which has included discussions of reproductive issues.  I was afraid to even tell her about our issues lest she tell me that IVF is immoral and we’d be selfish to do anything other than “just adopt.”  There was a definite shift in some of the way she was discussing things.  It made me think that her knowing what we are going through has made her reconsider certain things and think about how things actually work in practice (like she bemoaned how expensive adoption is).  Perhaps this goes to the “awareness” that Yellowclover has tried to spread πŸ™‚  Honestly, I haven’t talked to her in a while, and wasn’t planning on telling her about this stuff unless we had a BFP to announce.  But it came out when we were talking about the gene, and I’m really encouraged by her support πŸ™‚

Post # 460
1226 posts
Bumble bee

@razzzzzz:  Oh no!!!!  I’m so sorry!  I can’t even imagine…I feel like I would have been so mad at Darling Husband, yet also sad and feeling bad because I know he would have felt really bad…oh my.  I’m sorry.  You guys are **rock stars** though for making the best of a bad situation, going out for mimosas, and then getting it done! (so impressed with your Darling Husband for pulling that off!)  I honestly wouldn’t worry about the extra 2 hours — there must be some fast swimmers in there.  FX for you.  I hope you guys have a great camping trip.

Post # 461
1406 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m a little late to the game but here goes….

Cycle Day and TTC since/Cycles trying:  CD11…TTC for the better part of 10 years (started w/my exH)

Age (if you care to share): 37

Issues if any: Doc found severe endo in Jan. 2013 and removed as much as he could. No other issues on my part ever found….Darling Husband has low motility.

Charting? (share your chart if you like):

Estimated next POAS date: Not sure

How are you going after you BFP: FIRST attempt at IVF…did Clomid and injectables/IUIs w/my exH many times…my current docs said IUI was pointless in our case and said we needed IVF w/ICSI.

I just took my trigger shot and have my ER scheduled for Monday morning. The doc found 5 follicles (not much but they said I wouldn’t b/c of my age and low ovarian reserve.) The crazy part is that 4 of the follicles were on my right side and that’s were the chocolate endo cysts were found. All follies are min. 19 mm as of yesterday morning…I’m guessing that’s good??? I’m trying not to get excited b/c I’ve been let down soooo many times before. I honestly think this will be one and only time I do this. 

Post # 462
1226 posts
Bumble bee

@texasbee:  Good to see you again.  Really wishing you the best of luck with your ER and IVF cycle in general.  FX.  Please keep us posted.  19mm seems like a good size for follies so I’m hopeful you should have some good eggs.

Post # 463
142 posts
Blushing bee

Hello Ladies,

Thank you all for the well wishes on our big day, We really did have an amazing wedding and a glorious honeymoon. 

Turns out i had ewcm the day after the wedding, so I am very hopeful that all the bd’ing that we have done since then was worth it, and well we were on honeymoon, so it was fun too!! 

I don’t want to thread hijack with my wedding photos, so once i’ve done a wee recap i’ll send you the link, but here’s a wee taster just to say thanks πŸ™‚

Post # 464
1226 posts
Bumble bee

@macmint83:  BEAUTIFUL!!!!  Congrats!!

Post # 465
1009 posts
Bumble bee

@razzzzzz:  I am so, so sorry.  I hope you were able to enjoy your trip.  I know nothing about that sort of thing, but I hope that there were some fast swimmers to meet those eggs!  And I understand your concern for what this means about the future of IUIs.  Is there an option to do the “donation” at home where he may be more comfortable?  Maybe watching a sexy video to take his mind off the stress and get the deed done?  Does he have any anxiety issues?  Maybe taking something to calm anxiety would help?  From Rescue Remedy to a prescription drug?  If I recall correctly, he wasn’t able to BD after your last IUI.  Is there anything else going on with him that might be interfering?  This process is so hard.  Sending you love and hugs.

@texasbee:  So glad to see you here!  FX for your ER today!  Keep us posted!

@macmint83:  So lovely!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Can’t wait to see more πŸ™‚

AFM, first day of stims was yesterday, with a 300u Gonal-F shot around 9:15pm.  Today is the same.  Darling Husband was a champ.  In our injectables lesson, he managed to prick himself, but yesterday, everything went without a hitch.  Much to my surprise, it didn’t even really hurt.  Today, I feel like there is slight cramping around where I imagine my left ovary to be (and he did the injection on the left side yesterday).  But I’m sure that’s all in my head.  I’m thinking that its too early to be feeling anything.  For those who have done stims, when did you start feeling anything?

Post # 466
1226 posts
Bumble bee

@HopefulForLittleOne:  Congrats on your first stim shot!  I don’t really remember when I started feeling things — I know by the first week or so I was feeling like my ovaries were HUGE though! Could be that you’re already feeling it — some people are more sensitive to their ovaries than others.

@razzzzzz:  HopefulForLittleOne’s comment made me recall that I know there is a special type of collection “container” that’s actually a condom that your Darling Husband can wear and you can just have normal sex and then they retrieve the sperm for the IUI from the special condom.  I’ve heard it’s not ideal but it’s workable.  Might be something to look at for possible next IUI (though I’m hoping this cycle is lucky for you!)

The topic ‘1+ year TTC! Part V.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors