(Closed) 1+ year TTC! Part V.

posted 9 years ago in TTC
Post # 62
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I have a good relationship with my Mom and she is very supportive but for some reason I am not sharing with her about our TTC struggles. I don’t know why but I just crack and become emotional when I talk to her about it (I do have a few friends that are aware of things and I can get through a conversation with them without blubbering) Mom and I talked briefly today about our lack of a baby and adoption costs etc (she also graciously offered to assist us if it was money holding us back) Anyone else becoming overly emotional discussing things with certain people? Ugh I hate emotions! –

On a side note I am CD16 and still no peak on the CBEFM – not sure what’s with that. My periods are pretty regular, so much so that it came on the same date in both Jan and Feb 2013 as it did in 2012 but my peak days seem to vary. Of course peak will happen in the next day or two when DH and I are on opposite schedules Cry

Post # 63
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@lonsk:  Awww…thank you! I’ve missed you all too!! 

As a lovely bee friend just recently told me, after I told her I’ve been suffering from anxiety, its better to let those who are closest to you in on whats going on. Allow them to share in your pains and frustration.  They will understand and be glad to help in any way they can just as your Mom is doing now. Its great that shes able to help you. I 100%! know how hard it is to speak of things that are bothering you, especially TTC, I tear up everytime I talk of it, even to DH. But I’ve come to realize the more I talk about it, the easier it gets and the better I feel. 

Post # 64
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@Yellow.Clover:  Thanks honey. I know I should talk to those closest to me maybe one day I will for now I’ll stick to the Bees and a few close friends

Post # 65
819 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Cd 1 today.. I was really thinking I might have had a shot this month because of preseed, especially because I was having an unusual amount of symptoms for typical pms, but no, I’m just going to have the period from hell… JOY.

On the bright side, as a gal with PCOS, my cycles have been rather regular as of late, this one being 30 days!

Post # 67
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@quierajen:  Sorry for CD! But yeah for regular cycles!

AFM: Peak day on the CBEFM!!! Just wish I wasn’t working until midnight, but will wake DH to try to scramble an egg!

Post # 68
819 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

@lonsk:  Yeah!! Catch that eggie!!!!

I never get EWCM which is why we use preseed =/ But I’ve heard it works so that’s good to know.

Post # 69
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@quierajen:  Sorry for CD1 — glad the cycle was regular though!

View original reply
@lonsk:  Happy BD’ing to you! 

AFM, DH and I saw our RE today.  It was actually really good — I have regained my positive feelings about my RE.  I thought that he was anti-eSET (elective single embryo transfer) but as it turns out he totally supports our choice to do eSET and has even done scholarly and advocacy work around eSET.  He was also able to assure me that all of the embryos that didn’t “make it to freeze” to day 6 and were thus discarded would have had zero chance of developing into babies, so I feel better about that too.  And the nurse from the clinic collected some sample meds for me, so those are a few less meds I need to buy (good news since it’s all out of pocket for me!)  

So, we’re all set to start our first frozen embryo cycle!  We have 2 frosties — one is grade 5 and one is grade 3cc (the grade 5 is “better”).  So our plan for now is to do a first cycle transferring the grade 5 embie and then if that doesn’t work to do another cycle transferring the grade 3cc.  Of course, this is assuming and hoping that they survive the defrosting. 

Anyway, I was supposed to start Lupron injections tomorrow but I guess I’m over-eager (and completely losing my mind) and I accidentally started tonight!!  Ack!  I can’t imagine the extra day will do any negative but I’m still feeling like a dunce and kicking myself.  Oops!!! 

Luckily, DH and I are leaving for vacation on Friday!  We’re headed to Mexico!  Yay!  So, I won’t be around for a while — I’m going to try to take a real vacation and not go on the boards.  Also, DH has started working again (in a post a while back I mentioned how he was out of work for a while), so that’s also good.  Now if I can just keep track of when I’m supposed to take my meds!  

Post # 70
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@nyckitten:  I am so happy to hear of all the good things that are happening right now for you! Yeah for frostie embries!, (I don’t think taking the Lupron a day early will cause any troubles) the Congratulations to your hubby and his new job – what a stress reliever that must be! Enjoy Mexico I am so jealous!

Post # 71
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@lonsk:  Thanks!  Yes, I heard back from the nurse and you are right that taking the Lupron one day early is totally fine.  Phew!

Just found out that my landlord, who lives above me (we live on the first floor apartment of their house), will likely be having her baby sometime in the next week.  They already have a 2 year old.  The floor/ceiling is paper thin so we hear everything going on in their apartment — so I will get to be woken up all night by a crying newborn without having one of my own.  Great!

Post # 72
1714 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@quierajen:  Sorry about AF, but yay for shorter cycles. Small victories right?

View original reply
@lonsk:  LOL, hope you got that egg scambled…all the way to a BFP!

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  &
View original reply
@razzzzzz:  Thanks for the welcome.  I don’t know how you ladies keep positive but I’m might to glad to be around such great company

View original reply
@nyckitten:  Wow you are just full of good news today aren’t you? Super happy to hear about your RE appointment. Enjoy Mexicoooo!

Post # 73
1126 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Hi to some of my favourite ladies on the bee 🙂 Just wanted to stop by and say hi, and hopefully leave behind a little trail of baby dust to give you all some luck. I do love that despite everything you are going through, the conversations over here are often focussed on the good in your lives and on the future. I know you will all make amazing mums 🙂

Miss you!! xx

Post # 74
1714 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@hamikay:  Thanks lady! How are you? I get so lost keeping up with all of my favourite graduates. How far along are you now?

Post # 75
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@lonsk:  If you have a close relationship with your mom, and feel you can talk to her about this stuff, it may help to have an extra support.  I think we all know that there are certain people we can’t talk to about this stuff, which makes those we can even more important.  My mom isn’t what anyone would call warm, but she’s actually surprised me.

View original reply
@nyckitten:  Yay for Mexico, DH’s job, and your upcoming FET!

AFM, DH got his SA results back, and its still a big fat 0.  So we just have to hope that what’s on ice will work.  Since they found the sperm in his biopsy, he’s so hopeful to have his own bio child.  When I talk about adoption, he’s upset at the notion of not trying for a bio child first.  We have our first appt with our amazing new RE next week.  My little sister just has baby #2 today.  I’m happy for her, really, but can’t help but feel something behind my eyes that, if I were to let it happen, could easily turn to tears.

And in non TTC news, I have a phone interview with my dream employer next week.  It’s funny, because I’ve been applying there for years, with no bites (I felt like I was the living example of the definition of insanity).  At my current office, I have started the process of switching to a different unit to do work that is much more interesting, and makes me more marketable.  I also have very reasonable hours (a rareity in my profession) and a generous leave policy, so for once I was okay working here (despite the crazy low pay).  So of course, this is when I get the interview.  DH reminded me that if I got it, I could just go on his insurance to keep my IVF benefits.  But I don’t know how their leave policies, etc., are.  I’m trying really hard not to put the cart before the horse.  It’s just a phone interview, and I’m local, which indicates that they have a whole bunch of people and are just in the early stages of whittling the list down.

The topic ‘1+ year TTC! Part V.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors