(Closed) 1+ year TTC! Part VI

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 347
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@lovemygsp: OMG, I think I love your puppies!!! How cute!!

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne: Wow, two more weeks!?? That’s crazy! I’m so sorry! Did he say why? I would think if your follicle was at 17 you should be very close? IDK, maybe the size doesn’t have anything to do with it. Could he possible do another u/s this week to see if the size has grown any and maybe do a trigger? Sorry you’re going through this.

Post # 348
3910 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@HopefulForLittleOne:  I am sorry πŸ™ I can only imagine how frustrating this might be πŸ™  (((HUGS)))

View original reply
@texasbee:  I am so happy to read your update! FX this cycle works for you, love!  You waited long enough, this will hopefully be it!! FX FX!!!!! and i am also glad you are sticking around :))

View original reply
@macmint83:  WOW!!! Love it, love it, love it!!!! :))

AFM; I seriously need one of you or all of you to kick me in the head! lol   I really thought my doctor said, yesterday, that i had no follies ready/maturing  and that my medication had to be increased, but when my nurse called me  yesterday to give my instructions and my blood work results, i was told that my  estrogen levels went from 50 to 300 and that i have too many follies growing, so  they have to decrease my medication, which they did, and that now they have to  watch me closely.  This is what happens when appointments are so early, I  am half sleep and hearing things that arent! AHHHH!!! Anyway, i decreased my  Follistim last night and today i went for another ultrasound and more blood  work.  The doctor says i have 6 in my left side and 2 in my right  side.  I have to go back again tomorrow for more monitoring.  She  said these are too many follies and now she wants to keep an eye !!! In the  meantime I keep DB’ing until i am ready for my trigger shot! YAY!!!

Post # 350
3910 posts
Honey bee

@HopefulForLittleOne:  Oh my! I just love how much info your RE gave you.  Its so good that he broke down everything, so that you can see where you are standing right now.  Although, like i said, it must be frustrating, I will pray that in a week or less your ovaries start cooperating!!!! Come on OVARIES!!!!

Post # 351
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@HopefulForLittleOne: Okay, makes sense of what I can gather. I forgot you said the dominant follicle was probably left over from last cycle. Hopefully you’ll get some news soon as to what your next steps should be.

Post # 352
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

@Yellow.Clover:  Recommended I come over and join this board so, here I am! πŸ™‚  Thanks for the invite!

Cycle Day and TTC since/Cycles trying:  CD 1.  TTC since December 2009 – although that was more like NTNP.  I have PCOS with wildly unpredictable cycles.  We were definitely not preventing and were hoping and praying something would happen on its own.

Age (if you care to share): 34

Issues if any: I have PCOS

Charting? (share your chart if you like): <a href=”http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/454420″>My Ovulation Chart</a>

Estimated next POAS date:  Sometime around August 31st.  Once I O this month, I’ll confirm the date.

How are you going after you BFP:  Clomid.  I’ve done two rounds of 50 mg, getting ready to start my third round.  This time at 100 mg.

Your plans for the tww: Not POAS till 16 DPO (when AF is officially late).  Now that my cycles are regular because of clomid, I’m so new to this whole TWW thing!  The last two cycles I’ve driven myself batty with POAS.  This time I am going to try to focus on other things as hard as it is.

What makes you smile? the ocean, sweater weather and lazy footbal Sunday afternoons

What is your typical Saturday like?  My husband goes out for his marathon training runs and I go for a nice walk.  Afterwards I make us breakfast sandwiches for lunch and then we spend the afternoon working on projects around the house.  In the evening we do something fun just the two of us or with friends.

Favorite meal? Any meal with a view of the water!  But, if I’m going to choose what I’m eating steak, fresh vegetables and a chocolate dessert.

Post # 353
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@PumpkinSpiceChai:  Welcome!! So glad you joined us πŸ™‚

Your story sounds very similar to mine. We started NTNP in May 2009 and I’ve been diagnosed with PCOS for probably 11 or 12 years? I knew it would take some time getting our BFP, but of course deep down I hoped it would happen in our NTNP phase.

I’ve got my FX that the increase to 100mg of Clomid does the trick for you this cycle!

“sweater weather and lazy footbal Sunday afternoons” – YES, YES, YES, YES!!! Now that just made me smile πŸ™‚ Can’t wait! You Saturdays sound perfectly wonderful as well.

Hope your stay with us is short and sweet! πŸ™‚ *hugs*

Post # 354
1047 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@HopefulForLittleOne:  Wow…what a great RE for that email! It’s hard for me to get answers from the nurses since not all speak English. I do have to say that after my last IVF cycle, I did NOT use OPKs since we went on a trip. I never felt O but it could have been since I was so relaxed. I wonder too if the lack of O has to do with the meds they put us on. 

View original reply
@PumpkinSpiceChai:  Welcome to the board…these ladies help me get through all this hormonal craziness!

View original reply
@MrsR4ever:  Aren’t we on the same cycle? I couldn’t remember! I would think that the follies would be getting ready to surge any day now then.

AFM, my RE told me yesterday that I ONLY have 4 follies that are maturing well. I have another appt. (with a different RE and I hope his English is good) tomorrow morning to schedule (hopefully) the ER. The RE told me that the nasal spray is part of the long protocal and is the equivalent to the second shot I was taking in order to O….we’ll see how that’s going. 

I have been exhausted lately (meds) but also with all the other stuff…DH has been so good at just letting me take naps when I need them. He finally opened up to me last night about this TTC and I’ve never seen him cry so much. He wants kids so bad that he doesn’t want to get his hopes up on it. His brother sent us pics of his baby girl twins (4 months) and the look on DH’s face was pure joy….

Post # 355
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Thank you so much ladies! You girls really make the difference for me right right now, we are having some trouble right now and are justv trying to hang in there, I’m so proud of my husband that he hasn’t lost it yet! And I’m so proud that he doesn’t let all the all the drama affect us! My SIL is moving way out of line right now and it is hurting the whole family.

But I need to stop letting her bring me down

@MrsR4ever:  My problem is, that I’m completely off my circle, it does what it wants, and so does AF, it’s been 2 days and AF came and went! I don’t know, do you know anything else I could do?

View original reply
@texasbee:  Your very welcome, I think it’s awesome that you and your husband talked it trough and decided to be stronger together! I’m really glad it turned out that way and not another. And I so hope for you it’s going to happen soon! ((hugs))

View original reply
@macmint83:  OMG, I love your cakes and your cake topper! I looked at all your pics, they are just gorgeous and so much fun! I finally sorted trough my pro pics and I’m ready to post! hehe

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Thank you so much, I need to start looking into those websites

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  No I’ve not been to the RE yet, his aunt is looking into finding us the best here! She’s like a mom for me here, since I have nobody and my family is so far away! I hope it’s going to come together soon, so we can make appointments, cause thats at least something to look forward in this process right now

Post # 356
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Oh and I forgot it’s hubbys birthday tomorrow, so I’m planning something little and I’m trying out this new cake, I hope I’m not going to mess it up lol

Post # 357
1331 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

So this is a weirdly hard post to write. I got a BFP today. I had a squinter yesterday and went in for BW, hcg was at 5. I feel guilty about showing up on this forum for a week and then graduating. I really didn’t think I had a chance this month though as I don’t have any of the symptoms I had last month with the MC. I will of course continue stalking all you wonderful gals. I really think its about time for another 1+ grad. Winking in someone’s direction. …..

@HopefulForLittleOne:  You could always contact the rescue and see if they need any help with less time consuming things like website/facebook or transporting dogs. Heck even just donating money helps tremendously! You are such a good doggy mom that I just know you are going to be a fantastic human mom! Now tell your body to stop being silly and get its act together and O already! Silly body!

Post # 358
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Hey Everyone!  I went to the RE last week and had a HSG done the same day, as well as got blood drawn to test to see how/where my eggs are.  HSG was clear (which I thought I knew since I had a Sonohysterogram a month or two ago) so I’m waiting to hear back on my eggs. 

The doctor said we’ll try two rounds of IUIs and then get moving to IVF.  However, my insurance doesn’t cover IVF and we don’t have an extra $10K – so that won’t be our next step in the near future. 

I’m trying to take it day by day, still praying and hoping that it’ll all happen without us having to save up $10K for just one round.

I hope things are going better for all of you.  I know this is a draining experience, and it’s hard not to let it consume all of your thoughts. πŸ™  I’m trying to enjoy things I can do while not pregnant – wine, goat cheese, coffee, etc.  Trying to pay off some student loans so when we do get blessed with a baby we won’t have to worry about money or a budget!

Post # 359
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@texasbee:  So happy life is turning around for you and your DH. Good luck with this round of IVF, I am glad you are sticking around. Sometimes I think we forget how hard TTC and the longing to be parents can effect our DH’s, it is so nice and reassuring when they open up to us. Sometimes that is all I need to hear from DH to carry on.

View original reply
@macmint83:  Love your cake topper!

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Your RE is fabulous!, I can’t get over how communicative he is.

View original reply
@PumpkinSpiceChai:  Welcome!

View original reply
@lovemygsp:  HOLY CRAP! Congratulations! Don’t feel guilty, you’re one more inspiration for the rest of us that it can happen. Best wishes to you!

AFM Tomorrow is DH’s Birthday (Happy Birthday to your husband

View original reply
@MrsPlaidShirt:) and I think know I am taking his aging harder then him! I just keep thinking about how old he will when we finally have a baby – yikes! I don’t like it (he turns 36). I had been doing much better with baby fever but this last week it has been hitting hard again – ugh!

Post # 360
3910 posts
Honey bee

@PumpkinSpiceChai:  Welcome! These ladies are just wonderful.  Hopefully your stay is short, dear!:)

View original reply
@texasbee:  Yes, I believe we are on the same cycle or close enough?  I have my IUI scheduled for tomorrow and Friday.  GL with your doctor today.  Hopefully he does speak better English! πŸ™‚  I am sorry about your DH breaking down, but i think that’s def better than holding it in, you know!  My DH broke down on Friday, we were having dinner and he said “i feel like crying” and he just did and told me how bad he felt that i have to poke myself with needles just to try to get a baby and how bad he wants us to be parents and why us” For once, i didnt cry and instead just held him.  Now, holding a 6’4 man isnt as easy when i am only 5’3 lol  but it made him feel better.  :)))   Hang in there, pretty lady, this is going to happen for all of us.  We are fighters!!!!

View original reply
@MrsPlaidShirt:  First of all, Happy B-Day to your hubs!  Now, about your cycles, I am not sure what to tell you.  I never had a problem with AF showing earlier than expected and since I used to temp it actually helped me know when AF was arriving.  Have you talked to your MD or RE about this?  I know my sister used to have problems with her periods when she was younger.  I dont know all the details, but I remember her saying that part of the problem was stress and her nutrition was all over the place.  However, I am not 100% sure about this. Sorry πŸ™

View original reply
@LuckoftheIrish12:  The IUI plan sounds good! I hope you end up not needing it though πŸ™‚ and YAY for clear tubes!

View original reply
@lonsk:  Happy B-Day to your Hubs!!! and many, many more !!!!

AFM; I am finally triggering tonight YAY!!!! I went for another U/S and  B/W today and the doctor said that I have three matured follies.  Obviously  the chances of all three releasing an egg are very rare, but I girl can dream,  right?! haha … I am scheduled for my IUI tomorrow and Friday.  I already  told my boss and he is on board, so he gave the day off tomorrow and Friday is a  half day! YIPEEE!!!!

Post # 361
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Good morning, ladies!  I have a question for those of you who have had experience with medicine or other treatments during your TTC journey.

I am getting ready to start my 3rd round of Clomid.  I’ve been on 50 mg so far and this time they are upping my does to 100 mg.  While the side effects haven’t been scary, it hasn’t been a walk in the park either.  For about two weeks (the 5 days I’m on clomid & about a week after) I struggle with mood swings, hot flashes including night sweats, exhaustion and generally feeling like crap.  Now that they are upping my dose, I’m not sure what to expect!

The first two cycles, I just went about life like usual.  However, towards the end of last cycle I started wondering if I shouldn’t make things easier for myself and plan a lighter schedule for the two weeks I’m going to be feeling yucky.  My thoughts are to get some house projects done ahead of time, for dinners make large portions so we can have leftovers other nights or plan simple meals or get take out, etc.  The idea is keep a simple schedule so I can have time to rest and exercise because exercise helps even me out and feel better.

What do you think?  Am I being a big wimp about this or being realistic?  Please give it to me straight because I know some of you ladies are going through much more rigorous stuff than Clomid.  

The topic ‘1+ year TTC! Part VI’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors