(Closed) 1+ year TTC! Part VI

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 362
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@texasbee:  Glad to hear things are progressing well with you and your DH. Breakdowns are so hard. For some reason, I find it even harder when DH has a breakdown. I mean, yes it’s hard for me too, probably even harder with all I have to go through, but to see him cry just breaks my heart. We’re in this together, but I so badly want to see him be a father. Hopefully letting go of his emotions has strengthened your bond and brought you two closer. Hope your appointment today goes well!

View original reply
@MrsPlaidShirt: Happy Bday to your hubby, hope you guys have a wonderful evening!

View original reply
@lovemygsp: Again, SOOOOO freakin’ happy for you!!! Okay, I think that makes 1 million and one. lol πŸ˜‰ Can’t wait to stalk you on the PG boards!

View original reply
@LuckoftheIrish12: Hi there!! Glad to hear the HSG was clear. I’ve got my FX that the IUI does the trick. Please keep us updated πŸ™‚

View original reply
@lonsk: Happy Bday to your hubby as well! πŸ™‚ Hope you guys enjoy your evening as well. And, psh, age is nothing but a number πŸ˜‰

View original reply
@MrsR4ever: Gah, reading your post about your DH made me cry πŸ™ But how sweet. It’s so damn hard. Ugh. And I already posted to you on the 6+, but YAYYAYYAYYY!!!! πŸ™‚

AFM: BFN! I know it’s still early, so I’m not loosing hope, I’m just not gaining any either :/ I broke down in tears this morning on my drive to work and had a good talk with God. I won’t be defeated; He won’t allow it. I’m just scared because our savings are running dry. We only have enough saved up for one more round. Not cool.

Post # 363
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@PumpkinSpiceChai: What time do you take your Clomid. I take mine in the evening before bed. From what I read it’s supposed to help keep those side affects to minimal. I think taking it easy for the next two weeks is a good idea. I know this cycle after taking just 50mg, I was EXHAUSTED! This is my 5th round and the only side affects I experienced was a little bit of mood changes (depression, emotional) and the exhaustion. I also didn’t notice any difference when I was increased to 100mg. Good luck, hope that helps!! πŸ™‚

Post # 364
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

@Yellow.Clover:  Sorry about your BFN!  Hang in there… your BFP might still be just around the corner.  I’ve told myself that since this whole process hasn’t been easy, I’m probably not one of the lucky ones who will get an early BFP.  When my time comes, I’ll probably get a 15 DPO mega squinter!  Haha!  Glad you had a good talk with God this morning and got a good cry in.  That always helps me.

To answer your question, I take my Clomid at 10 pm per my Dr.’s instructions.  But, honestly, I’m not sure the time of day matters much in my case because my side effects are still going on a week after I stop taking the pills.  Lucky you that you haven’t had to deal with the hot flashes – mine are intense!!  I’m glad to hear that your side effects didn’t change from 50 to 100 mg.  I’m hoping I experience the same. 

Post # 365
2729 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@PumpkinSpiceChai: Oh wow. I guess I am lucky. I think I read on here, someone saying they called their doctor and they were told tylenol would help ease the side affects. Actually I think that was @lovemygsp:? Maybe she can answer more on that? I’ll keep my FX those side affects won’t pay you a visit this round.

Post # 366
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@MrsR4ever:  

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Thanks on behalf of DH for the Birthday wishes! Ugh this is the 3rd birthday he’s had that I dreamnt of giving him news of a BFP, well there is always Christmas…

@MrsR4ever:  FX for tomorrow! So exciting!

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Really hoping it is just too early for BFP to register. Stay positive lady! hugs!

View original reply
@PumpkinSpiceChai:  Sorry I don’t have any experience with clomid but I am hoping the side effects don’t rear their ugly heads or are at least a little more tolerable.

On a bitter note, Mother-In-Law is returning for minimum of a week (Aug 11) just at the time when BIL/SIL and their brood of 6 children are coming to stay as well. So 9 extra people staying in our home. Trying hard to hold my s*#t together and not have a major melt down but I am not happy – sorry to go on and on about Mother-In-Law issues here.

Post # 367
3910 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@lonsk:  awe hun, yes, there is always x-mass and annyversaries, or you can just make one day your special BFP day!  and dont feel sorry on ranting about your Mother-In-Law.  I love my Mother-In-Law but seriously would not want her staying with me and Brother-In-Law and SIL and 6 children WOW!!! You are such an angel! GL and we are always here to listen to a good rant, dear :))

Post # 369
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@lonsk: I hear ya. There’s been countless, bdays, Christmases, valentine’s days etc that have been spent bummed out that we weren’t KU. I used to say, well by next Christmas I better be pregnant. haha. Yeah, that doesn’t work out too well. I finally stopped demanding a time. Our bfps will come at it’s own special time as

View original reply
MrsR4ever: said. Actually, I’ll admit, I was sooooo hoping for a bfp this round because DH’s Bday is on the 21st. right around the time of our 2nd ultrasound. What an amazing bday gift that would be! Plus, we’re going out of town to visit his Mom – so I figured after two ultrasounds, we’d probably be in the clear to at least let his mom and sister know. I was planning on ordering this shirt off etsy for his nephew and niece to wear and see how quickly they catch on, all while videotaping:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/129545305/mustache-big-cousin-shirt-or-onesie-boy?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_search_query=MUSTACHE+BIG+COUSIN&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all

Hey, a girl can dream right??

Anywho, back to you. 9 – NINE – one less than ten! 9 extra people in your house?? Geezer, yeah I’d go berserk! Sorry she’s coming back, especially at the time everyone else is coming. FX the process is as quick and painless as possible. Try to make the best of it.

Post # 371
3910 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@PumpkinSpiceChai:  First of all, I dont think you are wimp at all.  You are already doing so much to get that pretty little miracle, you are strong! I never had to do Clomid, but I heard the side effects arent exactly pleasant.  May I suggest you try to find Royal Lime from the pregnancy board (maybe February board).  She is also a graduate from here and the 6+Thread.  She was on Clomid, i believe for two cycles before she got her bfp and i remember how bad she had it with the side effect.  I wish you the best!!!  Also, good idea on planning ahead meals. I should probably do that when I have my IUI scheduled.  πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  &
View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Thank you, ladies πŸ™‚ sometimes i forget that he can cry too…its not always about my tears right?  and
View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  love, love, love your idea on how to tell about your pregnancy.  I cant wait for you to do this!!! and yes, a girl can for sure dream!!! but yours will be reality before you know it! πŸ™‚

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Your lake getaway sounds fabulous!!! You guys deserve a little mind break.  Have fun!!

Post # 372
515 posts
Busy bee

@lonsk:  Thank you!

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  This will be his first.  We both did a half marathon last year but when he decided to do 26.2 this year, I said “Have fun!”.  In all honesty, I’ll miss participating but I’m looking forward to cheering him on as well as cheering for the rest of the runners.  It’s always one of my favorite days of the year.

Post # 373
515 posts
Busy bee

@MrsR4ever:  Thank you!  This is all so new to me.  It’s good to be reassured that I’m not being a drama queen about it all.  I may try to find her.  Sounds like she might have some helpful insight.

Post # 374
1047 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@Yellow.Clover:  I hear you on the holidays, bdays, etc. I can’t tell you how bummed I get every Christmas thinking “maybe next year we’ll have a baby to celebrate with!” 

View original reply
@lonsk:  Holy crap, that’s a lot of people! Maybe I missed it, but why are they coming to visit you? I don’t know how you do it…I don’t think I could handle that.

AFM, I had my appt. today. He looked over my last IVF report since he’s not my normal doc. He said that I have 4 follies on the right and 1 (and another lazy one) on my left side all around 16. He said he wanted to wait for the bloodwork before doing the ER on Saturday. He thought I should let the follies get larger and shoot for ER on Monday. 

I got the call today and I have another u/s on Friday with the plan to do ER on Monday. Which actually works better for me at work BUT also b/c I can now go to that HH that his coworker organized. Apparently, after all the drama, spouses are now ALLOWED to come. Sue’s DH is still not going and only a few (5 people) are going….we’re still debating if we want to go at all.

Post # 375
1332 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@PumpkinSpiceChai:  I had horrific hot flashes on clomid. I started looking around for what might help them and believe it or not tons of menopausal gals said taking Tylenol helped. So I tried it. Sure enough it eased the symptoms enough that I could at least sleep though the night. That in turn eased up the awful mood swings. It won’t hurt to try! πŸ™‚

View original reply
@lonsk: Thank you so much! πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Hahah I will take all the congrats I can get! πŸ™‚ I’m still crossing everything for you. Commeee on
View original reply
Yellow.Clover‘s uterus!

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Thank you so so much and I do absolutly think this is the best board ever. The only thing that would make it better is if everyone got BFPs soon and then there was no need for a 1+. πŸ™‚ “Those people”. Haha We totally are too. We even having voices for each of our dogs and somethings I have a moment where I forget its not actually the dogs talking….haha. I’ve already been trying to plan out an annocement photoshot using them as “big sisters” or something. haha.

Post # 376
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@HopefulForLittleOne: Thank you! πŸ™‚ Actually, I didn’t think about checking into my plans to see if they cover more, but from what I’ve heard it’s only 50% regardless of plan, but it’s certainly worth a shot. I really shouldn’t complain, because 50% is actually great, sadly after moving our savings just isn’t what it used to be. I also just got a bill in, we had the CF genetic testing done and it cost $1900!! I called to make sure it was right, sadly it was, but luckily I only have to pay $350 of it. Of course, that’s more money coming out of our IF savings.

Have a nice fun and relaxing trip this weekend! TBH, maybe try skipping them this weekend all together unless you have watery or EWCM. I just think the break from OPKing and the relaxation of the trip would do you good – just a thought. πŸ™‚

View original reply
@MrsR4ever: Thank you!! πŸ™‚ You’re so sweet! GL with triggering tonight, FX FX FX!

The topic ‘1+ year TTC! Part VI’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors