(Closed) 1+ year TTC! Part VI

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 377
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@MrsR4ever:  Thanks for reassuring me that this is a safe place to vent- I love this board! (though I’ve been here from the beginning as well as the 6+ board, I am ready to experience the pregnancy boards!)

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  My Dh tried to age me a year yesterday and appeared shocked when I surprised him! “Listen up buck-o I am still and always will be 4 years younger then you!” haha! You are right our DH’s will make great daddy;s one day. I do have an appointment with the RE Aug 7, DH is open to me going, I am afraid that if I postpone another one they will make me do the long referal process all over again. He agrees it is worth seeing what the RE has to say. FX he can be wishy washy, I hope he gets fully on board. I worry the 6 kids may scare him away for good! it is like a bomb exploding when they arrive!

Enjoy the cabin getaway! – good for you!

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  I’ve had so many announcement ideas pass through my head, now it is just sort of empty! a BFP might sneak up on me and I’ll not be prepared at all! i love the onsie idea, and videotaping it would be so awesome!

Thanks again for letting me vent ladies! Love ya all!

Post # 378
3910 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@lovemygsp:  awe!! do it! do it! do it! use your little fur babies to announce your pregnancy !! I so wanted to do that, but my little fur baby is now a little angel that watches over us πŸ™‚ (yeah i am one of those people, too, and so proud of it!)  and please once you do it, dont forget to share it with us! :))

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Smile

View original reply
@PumpkinSpiceChai:  No problem, hun! Feel better! πŸ™‚

View original reply
@lonsk:  Yes, me too!!! I want to experience that board too!!! soon?

Post # 379
1047 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@MrsPlaidShirt: Happy bday to your hubby! Hang in there girl…this TTC stuff is bulls**t sometimes! And yes at least we have each other to talk to….I don’t have much of a support system over here. 

View original reply
@lovemygsp:  OMFG…Congrats!!!! You know, the point of this board is to not stay on it indefinitely…kinda like the “waiting” board…LOL. And really it gives us ladies hope that we WILL make it to motherhood one day.

View original reply
@MrsR4ever:  YAY for your trigger! I posted above about how I’m not triggering until Saturday night I believe….they’re waiting for the follies to get bigger. I’ve done IUI before and I want to say that I only had 2 follies that were “ripe” so 3 sounds awesome. You’ll be able to test WAY before me now…FX for you and freak’n take it easy this weekend!!!

Post # 380
1047 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Double post

Post # 381
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@lovemygsp: Thank you!! πŸ™‚ I think my uterus got the talk πŸ˜‰

@lovemygsp: 

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne: I guess you can add me to the list of “those people,” lol. I was just telling my co-workers this morning that my body aches so badly today because I just can’t bare to kick our little big girl off the bed. Of course she has to sleep at the end her mommy sleeps on so I can’t stretch out. I either have to sleep sideways or bunched up in a ball. She’s 75lbs so she takes up almost my whole side of the bed. The things we do for our babies! We’re thinking about getting another baby, maybe a little smaller, she needs a companion (other than the cat). We’ve been searching for about a month now. I think once we come back from the lake next month we’ll take a trip to the SPCA and see who we can adopt. Then I’ll be bed less πŸ™‚

Post # 382
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@texasbee:  To be honest, DH’s family tends to take advantage of our house as a hotel, an all inclusive one at that! BIL/SIL live several hours away and wish to go to a concert and do back to school shopping, not particularly to visit us. They do there own thing and eat/sleep here. Mother-In-Law has been with us off and on for majority of the year recovering from surgeries, medical appointments etc. Do to decreased mobility and her refusal to sleep in a bed she makes my living room “home” which is particularly frustrating as we have an open concept and small living room. She stays up all night and naps like a cat throughout the day. It just disrupts our lifestyle, she expects to be catered to and that is not how I grew up. I am a caregiver at heart but that lack of appreciation and passive aggressiveness on her part has left me resentful. She was the main cause that DH went through some major struggles and took a step back from TTC the last couple of cycles. – WOW! could I sound more bitter?! haha!

So happy you are proceeding with IVF this cycle, can’t believe your ER is Monday!!!! I am so excited for you!

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  WOW! the financial cost of infertility is tremendous, and on top of the emotional cost it just is so unfair! Fingers and toes still tightly crossed that you won’t need to dip into those funds

Post # 383
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@lonsk: Im soo ready for those PG boards too, even though they don’t seem as “cool” as our boards. We sooo need to move on πŸ˜‰ And, I’m sure when the time comes, you’ll come up with the best annoucement idea.

Post # 384
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@Yellow.Clover:  Haha! nope they aren’t as “cool” as our board! This board truely is fabulous, I don’t think I have ever read anything snarky or mean ever on this board (can’t say the same for some of the other boards…)

View original reply
@MrsR4ever:  I hope we all move onto those boards together soon, I don’t want to be all alone here!

Post # 385
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@lonsk:  Exactly!! Plus, sigh, but I’ve lurked quite a bit on some of the “month due” threads because I like following some of the 6+/1+ graduates, but I just can’t follow them at all anymore. Plus, most of them have now moved on to doing FB “private” groups instead of posting on WB. Hopefully all of that will change when we graduate. Making this 1+ thread extinct has always been my dream from the day it started πŸ™‚

Post # 388
3910 posts
Honey bee

@texasbee:  O.M.G. Saturday? that’s around the corner!!! YAY!!! I will have everything crossed for you, too! Thank you πŸ™‚

Post # 389
3910 posts
Honey bee

@HopefulForLittleOne:  HAHA!!! My DH used to the same thing for our little one.  We had a maltepoo and her name was Jazmine and he used to sing “jazzie bunny bear! oh jazzie bunny bear! lol she loved it and would go running to him!!! awwww :))) Its so cute your DH does likewise :)))

Post # 391
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@Yellow.Clover:  From time to time I still check the pregnancy month boards (I’ve been obsessively stalking wifegoodman to see if she has delivered yet), I am shocked at how far along some of those ladies are, when I remember their posts here so well   πŸ™  I can’t believe we are still here. We’ll stick together though!

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Haha! yeah, I don’t think I’ll carry a litter anytime soon but we both would like twins (I know that sounds crazy) We’ve had them here often so he is as used to the chaos as you can get. There is a 1 year old so hopefully she renews his baby fever spark. Last summer he constantly insisted on pushing the stroller to the point where he was elbows up blocking anyone that came near it!

I have been doing a lot of thought on how to make these next two stints (surgery and recovery again in Sept) of Mother-In-Law being here better and not allow her to interupt our lives so much – our first “date night” in 2013 was our anniversary June 14 – DH and I agree we need to carry on with our lives and try to ignore her guilt trips i.e “I don’t like when you leave me to go to work” etc. I’ve thought about telling her if she feels good enough to ignore surgeon’s instructions to wear brace and use walker then she is well enough to sleep in a bed! (We have 2 spare queen sized beds) she does not sleep in a bed at her own place either (don’t ask). As far as staying up all night, I attempted to delicately explain how that effects her system and her childish response was “I know but I am a grown up now and if I want too I can. I don’t want anyone telling me what to do”. She is very manipulative as well. I am going to try being a little firmer but reality is, I am a big weenie!

CAN’T WAIT TO START OUR OWN GRADUATE THREAD!!!!

The topic ‘1+ year TTC! Part VI’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors