3910 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@nyckitten:  AWWW I want to cuddle with your little fur babies! πŸ™‚

Post # 18
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Good morning, ladies!  Hope everyone is doing well today.

Thanks for all the advice with the ultrasound.  I started drinking the water on my drive there, thanks to your advice.  The beautiful thing was they got me in early so I didn’t have to wait nearly as long as I should have if my appointment started on time.  Now I just wait to hear the results from the Dr.

Took my last does of Clomid last night.  I’m still a crazy moody with hot flashes so hopefully now that I’ve taken my last dose, the symptoms will begin to wear off in the next few days.

How’s everyone?  Give me some good news! Laughing

Post # 19
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@nyckitten:  OMG…your cats are TOO PRECIOUS!!! Ahhh… That 1st picture is exactly what I feel like doing right now! πŸ™‚  When is your next appointment at the RE? Do they have a date in mind as to when you’ll be able to start another round? I’ve got everything crossed and praying for a miracle to come your way. I just love browsing other forums that use signatures and reading success stories of those who have tried countless IUI’s and IVF and they finally get their miracle BFP in the wait for another IVF round. Nothing makes me smile more. Miracles do happen. πŸ™‚

@PumpkinSpiceChai: Good luck!! Hopefully those results come back perfectly today! When do you normally O? Is it time to start practicing? lol πŸ˜‰

@MrsR4ever: Thanks, she’s a doll!! However, she and Kali got into a little fight Sunday night and about put me in a panic attack. I felt soooooo bad for her!! πŸ™

How’s the TWW going?? Does it feel weird not temping?

@poetryreader80: I love the “just relax” one. What I like to tell them is infertility is a disease. Would they tell someone with diabetes to just relax? Like relaxing will cure their diabetes? I think not. If only it was as easy as just relaxing, I think all of us would be spending an entire cycle at a spa! πŸ˜‰

AFM: DH and I went and looked at an SUV last night. They let us drive it home and I love it. However, I’m a little nervous. I’m scared of making another bad decision. I made a horrible decision on my last car and I hate it. I’ve had so many problems with that car (it was brand new at the time and it’s not even 2 yrs old yet) and Saturday I was told I’ll have to put more money into it; I was in tears. Living on the mountain, a 4-wheel drive vehicle is a must. However, I’m worried that it’s going to be another lemon vehicle. I’m scared we can’t afford it on top of these fertility treatments. Sigh, I just really dislike big decisions anymore – is that a sign I’m getting older? In my 20’s I’d hop on this deal without thinking twice. Before getting married and with a future baby(ies) in the back of my mind, I’m super cautious. I guess that’s a good thing. But, then again it goes back to the whole, do I put my life on hold for TTC?  

Post # 20
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

@Yellow.Clover:  Awww, thanks!  As for your question about when I O usually, I really don’t know since my O is influenced by Clomid.  The first cycle I wasn’t charting but a CD 21 progesterone blood test confirmed that I did O at some point.  Based on CM, my guess would be around CD 15.  This last cylce I charted and didn’t O till CD 19.  But, I was on 50 mg clomid then and they’ve now upped me to 100 mg so I don’t know if that will make me O earlier?  Since there really is no way to know, I told my DH last night that today we should start EOD just in case.  Of course, I got no complaints there. Wink

Good luck on the car purchase.  I totally understand, I hate big decisions, esp ones that have to do with expensive purchases.  I start doing research to try to make a good decision but than I get bogged down and overwhelmed.  And I totally get big decisions getting complicated by the whole TTC thing.  Ugh!  Sending hugs….

Post # 21
2729 posts
Sugar bee

AND I almost forgot, bees, meet Paisley πŸ™‚

AND Kali – acting silly

And, I feel like such a bad mommy. I don’t have a picture of Ms. Khloe on my phone. I’ll catch her the next time she’s napping. πŸ™‚

Post # 22
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@PumpkinSpiceChai: Of course he didn’t complain πŸ˜‰  I found, while on Clomid, my O date stayed around the same when I upped the dosage, but not sure if that really means anything because everyone is different. FX it happens soon! EOD is a good plan! FX!

And thank you, I am overwhelmed. Especially since I brought the car to work, now everyone is complimenting it, etc. Ay yi yi.

Post # 23
3910 posts
Honey bee

@Yellow.Clover:  Car decisions  can sure get stressful especially cause you are not just getting the car for you, but for your future little one(s) too.  I say do some researh on the car you tested.  Check the ratings and the consumers report and go to other dealers and see what they have to offer.  Dont just settle for this car as yet.  I took me like 4 weeks to make my decision.  I am very picky and I have to say that even though i loved my last car, the car that i have now was the best decision i ever made, after my husband lol!  (((HUGS))) darling, take a deep breath:)  And your fur babies are so freaking cute…I want to snugle with them πŸ™‚  It isnt weird not temping.  I actually feel freedom.  I am doing okay, although last night i had a little accident (you are going to laugh) I wet my pants while sleeping Embarassed I didnt went the bed, cause i actually woke right on time, but it was so embarrassing ugh! now, my husband is calling me pee pee pants ….. so ashamed of myself ;(  and on top of that i guess i wasnt finished because i woke up 3 more times to pee….ugh! and i didnt even have anything to drink before bed.  WTF is wrong with my bladder ?!! lol  Oh well!

View original reply
@PumpkinSpiceChai:  YAY!! i am glad that’s over and that you are done with clomid and hopefully you dont have to take ever again cause you will KU!  GL and cant wait to hear what your doctor has to say! πŸ™‚ FX

Post # 25
3910 posts
Honey bee

@texasbee:  (((HUGS))) I am so sorry about your morning news, lovely πŸ™  This really breaks my heart for you, but I will stay positive and hopefully things change in the next 2 to 5 hours. FX !

Post # 26
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Ahhh, so much to get caught up on!  I’ll get to that in a bit, but will do a quick roll call.

Cycle Day and TTC since/Cycles trying: CD 30 (and still waiting for O!  Grrr!), since we know we can only get pregnant through treatments (found out before we were TTC, so thankfully we didn’t waste time), we technically have only tried for the one cycle when we did our fresh IVF.

Age (if you care to share): 35, DH is 37

Issues if any: DH has azoospermia, I have clotting issues (and take supplements accordingly, and do shots after embryo transfer).  Our AMAZING medical team found enough sperm surgically to fertilize all of my eggs at my ER.  But the surgery was a one time thing for many reasons, so if our frosties don’t work, we’ll use donor sperm (and I’m so grateful that DH is willing to go that route if need be, but hoping we won’t need to!).

Charting? (share your chart if you like):

Estimated next POAS date: Not until after our FET, which will be the cyle after my endometrial biopsy, which happens 10 days after I O, and lord knows when THAT will happen!!

How are you going after you BFP: FET

Your plans for the tww: Like NYCkitten said, with MF, there isn’t the angst in the TWW unless it’s after a procedure.

If you (and DH) were given an all expenses paid, ONE week vacation, where would you go? Thailand, hands down.

What is your favorite thing to tell people that don’t “understand” infertility? I don’t tell many people about our struggles IRL (one of the reasons I so appreciate the support we have here!).  So most of it is on boards like this one, where I’ve been told I’m selfish and “obsesed” with “spreading my genes” and should “just” adopt.  I’d say my favorite thing to point out is that there is no “just” to adopting.  It is exceedingly expensive (and even if you do a “free” adoption out of foster care, it is very costly on the emotional scale) and complicated. 

Do you have furbabies? If so, post pics! Yet another excuse to post the Buggerbutt??  Yes please!  We just came back from a weekend in the lobster capital (and he had SOOO much fun– quiet, woods, few people, freedom to run around sans leash…), so we bought his next Halloween costume while we were at it.  This is when I tried it on him.

Gah, he makes me melt πŸ™‚

Real quick-

@texasbee:  Jaguar got only 3 eggs at her ER, and she now has a beautiful baby girl and 2 frosties.  I hope that one will be your baby!

View original reply
@lonsk:  SOO THRILLED that your DH is back on the train!  All aboard!!!  πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Yippee!  I was so glad to read about Paisley!  Where did you find her?  How old?  What breed?  Do you know her back story?  She looks so little!  Hopefully that means she missed out on a lot of things adopted dogs go through, and will be ready to learn all the tricks your DH will teach her!  And I kind of love that 3 out of your 3 pets are girls.  Your DH is certainly outnumbered!!  Hehe πŸ™‚

Post # 27
3910 posts
Honey bee

@HopefulForLittleOne:  awwww I am loving that little doggy lobster of yours πŸ™‚  He is just adorable!!!!

Post # 28
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@MrsR4ever: Awww….pee pee pants! πŸ˜‰ JK!! DON’T feel embarrassed! I’m sure it’s because of the trigger. All those hormones, plus the HCG making your body think you’re pregnant (as well as you might really be!!! :)) I’m sure doesn’t make it easy. I know for a week and a half after the trigger I got up two to three times each night. Hang in there!

Thanks for the suggestions on the car πŸ™‚ I just looked up some more on it and according to what I read, it’s saying the Honda CRV and the Mazda CX-5 (which is what you have right? :)) are the most comparable, but it does rank both the Honda and the Mazda slightly better. I loved my Mercury I had before my current car, which is made by Ford (I’m looking at the Ford Escape) and I never had any problems with it…but there’s always a bad one in the bunch so anything can happen. Plus I loved having SYNC and all the other options the Ford has that the Honda and Mazda don’t. I really think I’ll be happier with the Escape, as far as it being a vehicle I like and feel comfortable with – I love having bells and whistles! And the safety ratings are amazing, which is great when thinking about the little ones πŸ˜‰ So I guess I’m not really sure why I’m doubting it. I guess because it’s a higher car payment.

@texasbee: Ouch is right!! What a B! I’m so sorry she was so insensitive. How can we just get on with our lives? It’s just not possible or that easy. Sorry about your news today, but don’t give up the fight. I don’t know nearly much at all when it comes to IVF, but just trust in your doctor that it is normal. I really have a good feeling that all three are going to turn out just perfect! FX *hugs* Sending positive vibes your way.

Post # 29
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@HopefulForLittleOne: OMG, SO.INCREDIBLY.CUTE! That costume is to die for! πŸ™‚

Yes, DH IS outnumbered! We joked about that on the way home. He said our future LO must be a boy, because there’s no way he can deal with a house full of girls. I told him, he better think twice, because with all that estrogen running around there, it’s bound to be a girl πŸ˜‰

We adopted her from a friend’s sister. She rescued them from an irresponsible dog owner whose dog got pregnant and they couldn’t handle them. She said they were left outside, infested with fleas, and in major need of loving (how can someone do this!? So sad). She took the entire litter home, bathed them, wormed them, and made sure she found them loving homes. She knew we were looking for a little girl and gave us a call. Of course we couldn’t turn her down. From what she knows (and of course they are not 100% positive on who the dad is) she’s a little bit of everything…hound, dachshund, collie, boxer…who knows. But we couldn’t be any happier with her. She’s such a good little girl. πŸ™‚

ETA: I forgot to add, she’s 8 weeks.

Post # 30
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Ugh! I WB just ate my post Yell I will try to recreate…

First off I tried to go back to my roll call to remove spaces as yellowclover suggested and to correct my cycles. I am currently coming to the end of my 27th cycle (not that it matters much at this point) but it won’t let me edit anymore, sorry!

@MrsR4ever:  I amost wrote Fiji and Bora Bora (great minds think alike) So sorry about the bladder issues (I almost called you Pee Pee Pants too Wink Just kidding!)

View original reply
@PumpkinSpiceChai:  EOD sounds like a great plan, FX

View original reply
@nyckitten:  Love that first picture!

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Go for the car!!!! (I agree with @MrsR4ever about doing your research which I see you have done) I think we all have learnt from and now regret putting things on hold for TTC and the “what if” We have now learned that we unfortunately can’t choose when we will get pregnant so it is important to live in the moment. I put off laser hair removal and am now a childless hairy mess, at least I could have had smooth legs while I waited to get pregnant!

Your babies are adorable! I can feel how loved they are.

View original reply
@texasbee:  Ouch! that is an awful comment, I am sorry someone said that to you. Sending positive vibes over the next 2-5 hours and beyond that things progress for you.

View original reply
HopefulForLittleOne:  Ahhh! Little lobster! I love it.

It absolutely disgusts me that anyone would say you are  selfish and “obsesed” with “spreading my genes”  How can anyone fault someone for going after their dream of a family? Someone so deserving of motherhood should not endure ignorance like that (I’m sorry). I have been bombarded with “just” adopt comments lately as well. I am surprised how little some people know about the cost, time and emotional turmoil of adoption. That it is not a “just” process. I grew up thinking I wanted to adopt but now I have a lot more reservations and fears regarding adoption. I want to experience pregnancy and bond with my baby in utero. Though we are open to adoption we still want a biological child as well

Post # 31
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@lonsk: Thank you! I think I will, if, they can lower the payment by $25. I know it’s not much, but who knows, one day that might be a can of formula, a pack of diapers, etc. πŸ˜‰ OR…a half a bag of dog food. And you are too funny, childless hairy mess! haha

I’m also wondering if we can continue a trend for 2013, new house, new puppy, new car, new…BABY!?? Oh I hope, I hope, I hope!

AND…spotting has started! Well played AF, well played! I was hoping it would’ve started last night or this morning so I could’ve pushed off my appointment this morning for CD3. I hate the traffic in this area and it’s such a long drive. Oh well. BUT, thankfully CD1 will be here tomorrow, if not today. Which, if all goes well, we will have time to continue treatment this cycle.

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC! Part VII’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors