(Closed) 1+ Year TTC! Part VII

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 32
1332 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@PumpkinSpiceChai:  How have the clomid side effects been?

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  DAWWW!! New puppy!!! YAY! πŸ™‚ DH has made the same joke as we have 3 female dogs. haha.  Now come on baby for yellowclover!! As for the car check KBB to see what people are really paying. If you go for a 2013 model you should be able to get a deal. I bought a ford years ago at the end of the model year and paid less than the invoice price. Just make sure you know what the car is really worth and don’t play all your cards at once. As in if you know there is an incentive don’t mention it until you’ve settled on a price. Don’t talk trade in either until your price is agreed.

Post # 33
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

@texasbee:  Awww, sorry about your disappointing phone call.  Hang in there! The biologist said they are normal, so don’t let it get you too down.

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Thanks!  It’s nice to hear from someone who has had experience with the changes in does.  

View original reply
@lovemygsp:  Thanks for asking!  To be honest, the Clomid side effects not that I’ve gone up to 100mg have been brutal this time!!  My mood swings are out of control – I was so angry yesterday.  Not like me!  The hot flashes are quite a doozy as well.  They seem even more intense.  The good news is that I took my last dose last night and hopefully within the week, the side effects will start to wear off.  

How is your pregnancy going?  I am rooting for you!!

Post # 34
129 posts
Blushing bee

I just did my roll call, then wb ate it! I will do it again later when I’m not on my phone.

@Yellow.Clover:  those furbabies are adorable. We really want a pup, but both work too much at the moment to be able to train a puppy.

View original reply
@lonsk:  it really is wrong that others judge one persons choices. I get the just adopt from my mum a lot, but that’s because she fosters babies. I do wonder if that’s the reason that I’m not hugely into the idea. She’s on call at the moment waiting for a newborn that’s been given up for adoption, she phoned last night to make sure i could cope with it, we will see πŸ™‚

View original reply
@texasbee:  fingers crossed for your wee eggs, i hope they keep on growing x

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  your furbaby is amazing! How do you get him to behave wwhen dressing up?

Post # 35
3910 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Yellow.Clover:  Yes, I do have the Mazda. I have to say that after reading how much you want the Ford, you should just go for it.  I never heard or read negative things about Fords.  However, whatever you decide to go, I hope it works out for your pretty family! πŸ™‚ and yes, I think a new 2013 baby is in the cards for you!  What?! AF?! WFT?! doesnt that b!tch know she is supposed to stay far, far away!!!! Yell I am sorry, lovey:(

View original reply
@lonsk:  lol I think I should change my user name to pee pee pants lol….oh boy!  You crack me up, lady “childless hairy mess!” Laughing

Post # 36
3910 posts
Honey bee

@Yellow.Clover:  Oh and before I forget, here is a little tip that helped me get a good payment deal for my car.  I was told that by the end of any season (right now its consider almost the end of summer) because dealers are trying to move the old cars out and want to get the new ones in, they will be willing to cut down the price.  So, if you could hold off until maybe mid-august, you might get even a better deal for the car you want.  GL love πŸ™‚

Post # 38
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

The adoption ‘ advice’  drives  me nuts. I may have to do a spin off thread about it at some point.  Adoption is fantastic,  but it’s simply not something you can ‘ just’  do like pick up take out on the way home.  Heck, I adopted my dog and while it wasn’t a horrible process,  it was tedious enough with the searching,  applying,  interviews,  reference checks,  etc that it certainly wasn’t something so simple as to warrant a ‘ just.’  When dh sat me down to share his diagnosis,  the first thing I mentioned was adoption,  and it was only then that he broke down in sobs. I researched adoption ( with the help of the doc who gave us the diagnosis,  as she herself was adopted and told us which agency her parents used and gave us some pointers).  Before I knew there was an issue, I was open to adoption,  even if I do want to experience pregnancy ( and natural childbirth-  I’m nuts!).  Learning how complicated it is has made me so grateful for dh’s  willingness to use ds if itcame down to that ( this is a big shift from how he felt early on). A bio child is more important to dh than it is to me,  so if it was a matter of ‘just’ adopting I’d give away my fertility meds and get right to it!  The ignorance ( usually coupled with judgement) is really astounding.

macmint83:   He was only wearing the lobster for a few seconds as I tried it on him ( the under belly straps will have to be taken in). I don’t dress him very much.  This is his second Halloween costume ( the other is a hot dog :-),  and he has a couple sports jerseys,  but most of his clothing is for the practical purpose of keeping him warm in the winter ( our apt gets cold,  and he has jackets for outside. He doesn’t seem to mind,  but we’ll see how he handles the lobster hood!

And I thought of  yellow cover over the weekend as I appreciated that he slept in the bed with us.  we’ve actually talked about going from a queen to a king so he’ll stay on the bed with us.  But the bed at the cabin was just a double and he snuggled all night. I guess just to be close in an unfamiliar environment.  but that means he will continue to prefer the floor at home  :-(And because iI can’t help myself,  here is one of the snuggle photos  πŸ™‚

Post # 39
885 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Hil all!  Long time stalker and just hit the 1 year mark, so I hope it’s okay to join.  I’ve been on the 6+ boards for a while now.  I will say though that I go in and out of being “good” with updating and posting.  I’m going to try hard though!

Cycle Day and TTC since/Cycles trying: CD49/Since August 2012

Age (if you care to share): 31

Issues if any: PCOS, don’t ovulate too often

Charting? (share your chart if you like): I’ve been slacking a lot lately – doesn’t really seem worth it but here’s my chart anyhow: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/bogb/

Estimated next POAS date: No clue.

How are you going after you BFP: I have an appt with an RE on Thursday, we’ll see what they say.  I also just started metformin, and I don’t love it – holy constipation hell, but hopefully it’ll get better.

Your plans for the tww: I’ve only tww twice and it was so early in the game, I didn’t even realize what the heck was going on.

And for some fun stuff:

If you (and DH) were given an all expenses paid, ONE week  vacation,  where would you go? Good question – there are so many places…Italy, Greece, Brazil, Thailand, Costa Rica…Pretty much anywhere but here

What is your favorite thing to tell people that don’t  “understand”  infertility? Luckily, I haven’t run into any one that has said anything to appauling or hurtful to me. 

Do you have furbabies? If so, post pics! Nope.

Post # 40
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Yellow.Clover:  2013 is on a roll for you doll! I hope Jenny Renny is right and next month is it for you (just so you know I am determined to follow you out of this board!) 

As for the car, good for you! I agree with

View original reply
@lovemygsp:  about getting them at their lowest price (but I know DH is in the business so maybe he can rangle a better deal?) before mentioning incentives. A few years ago when I bought an Eclipse I did all my dealings then asked what the price would be if I paid cash (was planning to purchase on line of credit for lower interest) Mind you the salesguy ended up asking where I was getting that much cash from. My classy response? “I turn tricks on the side, what’s it to you?” Gee, I have a sarcasm problem, but really who was he to ask where my money comes from? Good luck with your purchase!

View original reply
@lovemygsp:  How are you feeling?

View original reply
@macmint83:  Oh wow, your mom is a Saint for fostering. We need more people like her in this world. That was very considerate of her to check on you prior to the newborn entering her home, I hope you handle it okay, I know it can hurt.

View original reply
@MrsR4ever:  Haha! I love that you have a good sense of humor! I am thinking of some great icons for you if you change your name to Pee Pee Pants!

Post # 41
885 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@lonsk:  “I turn tricks on the side, what’s it to you?”  I. just. died. hilarious – love your sense of humor.

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Sad face about the spotting.  Sorry love.  And my mom has an Escape and she loves it. Good luck with the car shopping. 

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Aww, How cute is your dog in that costume!

Post # 42
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@HopefulForLittleOne:  I admire the strength of you and DH. His diagnosis must have been absolutely devastating. I hope it doesn’t get to the point where donor sperm is required but glad he is open to it. If only people knew how difficult adopting can be, you make a good point – why would you put yourself through the fertility drugs and all that goes with the process if it was so easy to “just” adopt, like that is an answer to all our worries.

View original reply
@BOGB:  Welcome! Sorry you hit the 1 year mark, hope you don’t have to be here long. Good luck on Thursday!

Post # 43
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@BOGB:  Haha! thanks. I really should watch myself I’m going to get myself into trouble someday. Disclaimer I am only teasing ladies, nothing but love!

Post # 44
3910 posts
Honey bee

@BOGB:  Welcome pretty! πŸ™‚  so good to see you here, well not really under such circumstances, but still happy to see you here! :))  I will be thinking of you this Thursday! πŸ™‚

View original reply
@lonsk:  LOL!!! OMG that’s too funny lol … I will pee on my pants again after laughing so hard!  Thank you, lady, i needed a good laugh πŸ™‚ 

Post # 45
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@lonsk:   You are just cracking me up!  Wherever you and yellow cover go, I intend to follow! Laughing

Post # 46
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@MrsR4ever:  

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Glad I could lighten the mood and provide a few laughs. Thanks for being understanding of my sarcasm and sense of humor.

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Let’s go soon okay? please?

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC! Part VII’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors