(Closed) 1+ Year TTC! Part VII

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 62
932 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I apologize for stalking – but I just wanted to check in on you 1 Year + ladies and see how you’re all doing. Thought I’d out myself as a lurker – and prayers and best wishes for ALL of you!

Post # 63
1332 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@Yellow.Clover: 

View original reply
@lonsk:  Thanks for checking on me! I was sure I was miscarrying this weekend. Looking back on it with a level head (vs hyperventilating ugly crying devastation…) I think it might have only been light bleeding. It never did get on a pad. DH talked me into testing two days later and it was significantly darker and then the next day my test line was darker than the control. The doctor said my progesterone would have been low if I was miscarrying. They are getting me in for an ultrasound tomorrow. Hopefully we can see something. πŸ™‚ 

View original reply
@PumpkinSpiceChai:  Ugh, I’m sorry about the side effects. I wasn’t sure how I was going to make myself take another round of it last time as I had such a miserable time too. Maybe you can ask about switching meds? I’ve heard femera hardly has any side effects.  *hugs* Oh but I’m being silly. You are totally going to get your BFP this month so you won’t need any more meds! πŸ™‚

Post # 64
2729 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@redsmarties: Hi there!!! Don’t apologize. I love seeing all the graduates pop in! Today is your due date!!! eeep! Hope you’re doing well. Can’t wait to “meet” little miss smarties. I hope you post a birth story, can’t wait! πŸ™‚ X

View original reply
@lovemygsp: Good. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Post # 65
3910 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@AmeliaBedelia:  Welcome back and btw your fur-babies are just too cute!!! πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Loving and admiring your positive attitude!  This next round its all yours!!! :)))

View original reply
@redsmarties:  Thank you so much for your wishes! You are too sweet! I, too, cant wait to see pics of your baby:)

Post # 66
1778 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@AmeliaBedelia:  Welcome back. Your anniversary trip sounds fabulous! I was in Honduras several years ago – loved it!

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Love your positive attitude! Rooting for you

View original reply
@redsmarties:  Hi!!!! How are you? Still can’t believe you are full term, can’t wait to read your updates.

View original reply
@lovemygsp:  Sorry to hear about your scare. Hoping for the best at your ultrasound.

AFM I just got back from my appointment at the RE, we are getting this show on the road! I will be doing IUI! I was asked if I wanted to do this on my own seeing as I ovulate and my tubes are clear or if I wanted to try it medicated. I chose medicated so I will start my first round of Clomid on CD 3 (I know it has side effects but I am super excited to give Clomid a try, that may sound nieve). I am currently CD26 so I’m feeling good about IUI just around the corner. I am a little confused that I won’t be having a trigger shot or ultrasounds leading up to IUI like many of you ladies. I am so ridiculously excited (though I know the reality of failed IUIs)

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  I asked about why the clinic strictly recommends the Clearblue kit and the vague response was that they trust that it picks up the hormone. I know I am going to drive myself nuts trying to determine whether it is positive or not, I plan to follow your lead and test with digitals as well when I think it is positive. So scared of going in for IUI when it is not a true positive Undecided

Post # 67
515 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

@lovemygsp:  Thanks!  I may look into a switch but, at this point, I know what to expect with Clomid and how to prepare for the side effects.  But, like you said, hopefully I won’t need another cycle! 

View original reply
@lonsk:  Woohoo!  So excited for you!  Sounds like that baby train really is moving full steam ahead.  So glad you have a plan of action that you feel good about.  

As for the Clomid, don’t worry about the side effects.  For me, they are bad but not the end of the world.  I only mention them here because it’s nice to have someone to talk with about this kind of stuff since it’s not the kind of stuff I bring up to my coworkers!  Haha!  Remember, not every gets bad side effects, so you may be one of the lucky ones.  If you’d like a few tips that I’ve figured out for dealing with the side effects let me know, I’ll be glad to share.

Post # 68
3910 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@lonsk:  YAY!!! What a great plan! FX pretty lady!!! I hope this does it for you and your DH!!!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 69
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@lonsk: That’s amazing news!!! Woohoo!! I’m so excited for you! I’ve got another IUI buddy!! πŸ™‚ FX your 1st one is the last one! I wouldn’t worry too much about the Clomid, I think the side affects are common, but most that I’ve heard of aren’t too bad. Also, don’t worry about being unmonitored; I did four rounds of just clomid unmonitored and everything was fine, well other than not having a bfp. I have everything crossed oh so tightly that this works and you’ll have your bfp in no time! X

Post # 70
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@lonsk:  Yaaaaay!  So excited for you!  I’m a bit confused regarding the OPK.  When I looked up the ones your clinic recommends, the only thing that came up were the Clearblue tests, which ARE the ones with the smiley face.  So they say do NOT use the smiley face, and instead only use the ones with the smiley face?  Maybe I read something wrong.  Sorry!  How many IUIs will you do per cycle?  Do you have the option to trigger if you ask?  When I asked my RE how IUI with DS would work, he made it sound like we’d trigger and then do just a single IUI (which he said is all that’s needed when its well timed, though I’d probably be happy to do it a second time if it didn’t cost us almost $1k a vial!).

Post # 71
1183 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@texasbee:  Oh no.  I’m so so so sorry.  This does just suck and is not at all fair.  Ugh.  I can’t even imagine what you and your DH must be going through and don’t have anything to say to make it any better.  I’m thinking of you.   

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Are you jumping straight into another IUI cycle now?  Sounds like it!  Exciting!

View original reply
@AmeliaBedelia:  Welcome back — cute pups!  And love your “1 big trip per year of TTC” plan!

View original reply
@lovemygsp:  So sorry about your scare this weekend…glad things are looking ok.  Keep us posted just to let us know all is good!

View original reply
@lonsk:  Yay!  FX for your IUI!

View original reply
@redsmarties:  Thanks for checking in and for the positive thoughts.

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Nope that “I’m in the medical field” poster never replied to me…hopefully she was embarrassed and won’t do it again!  I think your Wondfo line looks really dark — how long did it take to get that dark?  Am hoping it gets even darker tonight and your smiley face comes too.

Post # 72
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@PumpkinSpiceChai:  

View original reply
@MrsR4ever:  
View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  
View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Thanks ladies! I am so riculously excited! I am not to worried about clomid side effects, for some reason nothing effects me much, but its only for 4 days so I’ll suck it up if side effects present themselves.

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  I just checked Amazon to see if I could get the OPKs any cheaper then in store (Canadian Amazon sucks compared to the American one πŸ™ and the cost is about the same as in store) and only the smiley ones showed up in the search – weird. I know I have seen the recommended kit in the stores before. Just to clarify my clinic said NO SMILES! I’ll be shopping for some OPKs tomorrow (I’ll let you know if I find them)

Post # 73
1778 posts
Buzzing bee

@nyckitten:  Thank you πŸ™‚

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Forgot to reply – we will do a single IUI this time around then BD that night πŸ™‚ I was too excited and forgot to ask about triggering but don’t think they are concerned about it. I can’t get over the financial cost you have had to shell out, it’s terrible.

Post # 74
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@nyckitten: Yep! Sure am πŸ™‚

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne: Just chiming in here too..One IUI is all that is needed if timed correctly. The trigger shot guarantees ovulation for that perfect timing of the IUI, similar to the perfect timing with IVF egg retrieval. I’m sure your RE is recommending the trigger with the DS IUI to make sure your best chances are used, especially at 1k a vial – YIKES. But, I’m sure you won’t need that route. Those frosties are just waiting to grow into beautiful bouncing babies πŸ™‚

Post # 75
2729 posts
Sugar bee

@lonsk: I’m sure you are, heck I’m so excited for you!!! How does hubby feel? I bet he’s excited too!! AND best of all, Mother-In-Law can’t interfere with IUI πŸ˜‰ haha

Post # 76
924 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@lonsk:  Maybe you can trigger if it helps with peace of mind?  We’ve actually been very lucky in the cost department.  I have partial coverage for 3 rounds of IVF (and I’m told “round” = one fresh, one FET).  IUIs are covered 100% (though perhaps not the meds, but Clomid is cheap and I have leftover gonal and trigger, so hopefully I could use that if we end up in the unfortunate situation of needing DS), but the DS isn’t covered at all and costs about $750/vial plus $150 shipping.  We had to buy 2 vials to have on standby, and if our frosties work, that will be $1650 that I’d gladly “waste”!  And if we do need DS, I hope it works in the first or second procedure so we can just use what we have! 

View original reply
@nyckitten:  I hope so!  Though sometimes I think the anonymity (wow, that looked VERY different before spell check!) lets people show their true colors and have less concern for basic curtesy.  The second line showed up right away.  I basically watched both lines develop at the same time (unlike yesterday where the control came first, and then the second lighter line took longer).  I hope I’ll get a smile tonight!

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC! Part VII’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors