(Closed) 1+ Year TTC part VIII – Let's Get Those BFP's!!

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 167
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@nyckitten:  good luck!

Post # 168
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@nyckitten:  good luck!!!!!:)

Post # 169
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Hi, I hope it’s ok for me to join this thread. I have previously commented on the 6 months thread but this month marked 1 year for us. DH finally went for SA tests and the result was not great it showed he has a low count ( no details yet as it was the secretary) basically he has to go back on the 9th October for more tests and to see the doctor but I’m kind of lost now as I don’t know what to think or what the next step will be. ( we are still waiting for my results but we think they are ok). I know we are lucky with our health care over here so if we need to go for IUI or IvF we will have it done for free but I don’t know what to expect now. I know a lot of you have been going through much worse than this and I am hopeful you will all get your BFPs soon I guess I just needed to talk to someone who understands. Thanks for listening x

Post # 170
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@MrsBadger33:  Welcome!  I’m in the same boat  as you. DH had his SA done in August and the results showed a really low count. We are waiting to see the reproductive urologist and ultimately then fertility docs. If we are unable to get DH’s count up, IVF with ICSI will likely be our only option. Initially I was devastated, but after a couple weeks, I was able to accept the news much better as now we actually have an explanation as to why we were having trouble. I’ve actually been really relaxed this month. I found this information when DH was first diagnosed:

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a23357076/list_of_supplements_proven_to_boost_sperm_quality_and_count

He has beeny really good about taking a gazillion pills a day and he also just started Accupuncture. 

I hope you won’t actually need all this info. I hope that your DH’s repeat tests show normal results as sometimes it can be a collection error the first time.  

Post # 171
1226 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hi ladies. Will reply to others soon but just wanted to give the update on my egg retrieval. It’s all done and we are headed home. No problems but they only got 12 eggs. I know in the grand scheme of things 12 is good, but I am very sad because I thought they would get many more since my last ultrasound showed at least 20 follicles and I was so highly stimulated.  Bummer.  It was an on call doc this weekend, not my doctor…I sort of feel like my doctor would have gotten more.  Anyway, now we just need to keep our fingers crossed for good fertilization. We are doing PICSI, which helps select strong sperm, in addition to ICSI so I hope it makes a difference. DH had to give two samples this morning because there wasn’t enough for PICSI in just one. 

Post # 172
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  
View original reply
@nyckitten:  I’m so beyond jealous that you got to meet IRL!!!!!

View original reply
@nyckitten:  Glad your ER went well even if they didn’t get as many as you hoped – quality over quantity honey! I can’t wait for the next steps, I can only imagine how excited you must be! FX

View original reply
@PumpkinSpiceChai:  
View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Ugh I am so ver MIL! thanks for asking. She has been quite the handful – she likes to play DH and I against each other over the most ridiculous things, it really is unbelievable. She broke a decorative item, no big deal I cleaned it up, told her not to worry about it. The next day she tells DH I made her feel bad because I cleaned it up “so fast” so we got into a heated “discussion” over the speed in which I do things! so ridiculous its embarrassing! But surgery went well and we are getting rid of her in a day or two, seeing as DH is out of town for a week now

Post # 173
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MrsBadger33:  Welcome! hope your stay is short and sweet. You will get lots of support here, it really is a remarkable thread.

Post # 174
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@WillowB thank you for the info it is really overwhelming at the moment as we still don’t really know what is next for us the wait is killing me but it’s good to know other people are in the sane boat ( well not exactly good if you know what I mean). I hope it’s good news for you with DH’s count. Fingers crossed.

@lonsk thank you it is just good to be able to ‘talk’ to people who know what is going in and his hard it can be. 

Post # 175
602 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@MrsBadger33:  welcome!!!

View original reply
@nyckitten:  12 is still really good! I am so excited for you! This PICSI sounds very promising! FX for you!!

AFM… Today is CD29… Got a BFN with a dollar store pregnancy test this morning (@2am cuz I couldn’t wait!!) … The upside is that if AF could wait another day I might be able to get into my GYN for some tests and maybe maybe maybe Clomid? I really think I might not be ovulating so maybe Clomid would help?

DH and I had some long conversations about what’s next for us… We have been working towards moving to California to be with DH’s family but this baby making shiz has everything up in the air…  We sold our house in July since We wanted to move in January, but DH is worried about health care coverage and we wouldn’t be protected by FMLA or CFRA until we waited a few months before continuing to try… That plus the availability of IUI and IVF coverage from my current employer… I just don’t know what we are going to do, at least we have a nice apartment 🙁

Post # 176
2450 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Looks like this is going to be another anovulatory cycle for me. I had all the signs of ovulation a couple days ago… EWCM, positive OPK, one temp spike… and then it came back down after one spike and stayed down for two days so far. 

Post # 177
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MySunshine:  Sorry for the BFN Frown Hope you are able to come to a decision about where you will live that you are comfortable with and is best for your family.

View original reply
@rosworms:  Sorry for the anovulatory cycle that really sucks.

AFM I am totally over thinking things as per usual but today I have a terrible headache, nausea, and weak legs which is exactly how I felt last cycle on 6dpiui so hoping this is not a sign of a BFN but I have a feeling I may be out.

Post # 178
602 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@lonsk: what CD are you on right now? All the pregnancy signs are basically the same as PMS signs, so if you think you have PMS signs then you might still be pregnant! Ha! This stuff is so illogical and frustrating!!!

Now I am on CD30… My temperature was high this morning, like a full degree higher than normal… I was waiting for a temp drop to start AF and so now I am REALLY confused!! I had some serious ovulation pain on CD15, so I have no idea what’s going on with my body now… Maybe I am just magically pregnant… Haha! I was insanely nauseated this morning so who knows… I am going to call DHs fertility clinic and/or my GYN and see if I can get some blood work or something done to start my next cycle…

can any of you recommend some cheap bulk opks? I think I’m going to pee on like 3 a day next cycle and figure this crap out!!!

Post # 179
4149 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@rosworms:  Ugh, I’m sorry.  Hopefully it’ll still happen this month.

View original reply
@MySunshine:  Some people use dollar store tests, but I’ve never used them so I can’t say much about that.  I get wondflos off Amazon and they’re less than a buck a test.  Good luck!

View original reply
@MrsBadger33:  Welcome!  Sorry about the not so stellar SA results.  But don’t worry too much – SA results change all the time.  My husband’s did along with others here.  Hope the next time is better!

View original reply
@nyckitten:  Have my fingers majorly crossed for you!!!

Post # 180
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MySunshine:  I’m CD 22 today (had my IUI on CD 15) Just seems to coincidental that I felt exactly the same way this time last cycle. But I felt out from the start last cycle this time I was more confident with the IUI. As for OPKs I have not used the Wondfos but they are pretty popular around here.

Post # 181
4149 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@picturemeurs:  Hi there! Somehow I just saw your response from a few days ago. Long time, no chat!  Is the IUI scheduled for this cycle?!  It’s your first IUI, right?  Sorry if I’m remembering incorrectly.  That’s so exciting!!  Hoping it’s exactly what you need to do the trick.

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC part VIII – Let's Get Those BFP's!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors