(Closed) 1+ Year TTC part VIII – Let's Get Those BFP's!!

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 407
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@Lonsk and HopefulForLittleOne  Thank you so much it makes me feel so much better knowing there are such an amazing grooup of people to talk to here. We will get through it I just wish they could do everything quicker than they are so none of us have to wait so long. As for twisting the knife I must have been in a good mood as it made me laugh!!! Sorry you had to go through some knife twisting too. HUGS to you both to

Post # 408
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@nyckitten:  FX for you. Hope your trip is wonderful.

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Your weekend sounds fun. I hope you enjoy it. I have everything crossed super tight for you xox

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  I’m so sorry you are going though that. Some people really truly do not understand what this is like sometimes. xxhugsxx

View original reply
@MrsBadger33:  I’m sorry you received that news. The knife twisitng is always hard. I often think in my head that some people, especially those who don’t know what you are going through, have no idea how much little, seemingly innocent comments can hurt. I’m thinking of you xox

Sorry I missed so much. I have been following but it was too hard to bring my laptop home from work this week and the iPad just doesn;t cut it for writing lenthy replies – I am thinking of you all though.

AFM – I weighed myself this morning for the first time in 2 weeks and it looks like I have lost 2.2kg (nearly 5 pounds) so i’m super excited about that (especially given I have only put ON weight this year). DH and I have been BD however I haven’t seen any sign of O. I’m not temping this cycle as I don’t want to stress myself out too much with work being silly at the moment. If it doesn’t happen for us this cycle i’ll think about trying harder next cycle but i’m happy with just trying every second day for the moment.

Post # 409
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@Novella:  Yeah for 5lbs weight loss! Good for you!

Post # 410
1009 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@MrsBadger33:  Since I’m about to start 3 months of mini menopause, I’ll be here for any questions you have in your next steps of the process! And even WHEN I graduate i will still be a cheerleader/support for 1+ ladies πŸ™‚ 

Post # 411
1009 posts
Bumble bee

Stupid iPad, have to respond separately.

View original reply
@Novella:  Go you!

Ive got GOOD news for once! I got my crazy expensive lupron shots to fix my endometrial dysfunction and prep for my fet. Rather than pay $2.5+k, I paid a $25 copay! Woo freaking woo!!

And i had a good conversation with my sister. She was looking at it only from a micro (rather than macro) point of view, so not looking at the big picture. She admitted having no concept of the cost of treatments, and said that if sharing the money meant i had less of a chance of a family, that she was against sharing. She said that if we need money for a chance at parenthood, then she’d give me some of her share. She understood the lack of relationship with her brother, and how I’ve been shafted in the financial realm for quite some time. So i feel a lot better. It does reaffirm how hard it is for someone not going through all this to grasp the painful reality of IF, and will likely keep me pretty quiet about everything (especially after a women’s group earlier this week, not related to IF but 2 of us are going through it, where i got the helpful hint that relaxing would improve our chances).

The inheritance check came yesterday and was deposited before I got my hair did today πŸ˜‰ 

Post # 412
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Oh honey I am so happy that you got some good news about the lupron cost and more importantly the talk with your sister! i am so glad that you were able to enlighten her a little on the financial aspects of IF and that she sees that in the past you were on the short end of the stick when it came to inheritance. Hope I didn’t offend you previously when I said it looked like your sister was making everything all about her. 

Gosh, if only we could relax we would have a litter of babies, wish I had known that before being stressed out for the last 2 1/2 years!

Post # 413
1009 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@lonsk:  absolutely no offense at all πŸ™‚ I just felt like you had my back and very much appreciated it.  I told her that we’ve spent as much as my 4 year degree cost. What I left out is that my mom invested in a program where, if I went to an in-state public university, it locked in tuition rates from the early 80s so college was dirt cheap πŸ™‚ I felt kind of bad for the woman with the relaxation advise. She started the session talking about how  she feels like people don’t like her and she feels ostracized. Then when I talked about our IF she talked about relaxing. I did an internal eye roll but there was no ill will in what she said. Then as I was bitching about my sister and all the crazy things people say, I made a list of ridiculous comments and I mentioned relaxation just before remembering that that’s what she had said, so then she felt really bad. Whoops!

Post # 414
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  Whew! I was worried that I didn’t come across well – you know lady, I HAVE your back!!!! Holy crap that is a good deal on college, good for your mama! People won’t learn not to say unsupportive/hurtful comments if we don’t tell them that they are inappropriate, I am sure that lady will take it as a learning experience. I know myself that before TTC I used to ask others “When are you going to have a baby?” I NEVER ask that or related questions now as I know myself you never really know what others are going through and that question grates on my own nerves now – I even replied to a 50+ man “I’ll have one when you have one” Embarassed

Post # 415
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Ok. Popping in real quick before taking off for my first curling game of the season!  (Yay!)  the last couple months I’ve been trying to predict my ovulation based on how my body feels. Last month I made a note of ovulation pain and tried to use an OPK around the time I felt that pain and got a positive. About an hour ago I felt that twinge/pain in my right Ovary so I grabbed a OPK and got the following. Is it positive?  I think in would call it positive but I just need some reassurance! I’ll be back after my game for personals!  I need to catch up! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 416
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@WillowB:  Hmmm, which line is the control line?

Post # 417
2374 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
@WillowB:  If the one on the left is the control line (which I think it is) I’d say that’s a positive lady!!!

Post # 418
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@lonsk:  I can check when I get home but pretty sure control is on the left, test on right 

Post # 419
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

I agree with

View original reply
@picturemeurs:  if the control is on the left I’d say it is positive, if it is on the right I would say it is close and may be positive tomorrow.

Post # 421
4149 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Sorry you’re feeling down, love. I’ll be praying those follies grow, grow, GROW! XOXOX

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC part VIII – Let's Get Those BFP's!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors