(Closed) 1+ Year TTC part VIII – Let's Get Those BFP's!!

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 453
4149 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  So excited for you!!!!  I have fingers, toes and everything else possible crossed for this to be your month!!!! XOX

View original reply
@WillowB:  I’m sorry. πŸ™  Hopefully it wasn’t an AF dip but it was actually implantation. *hugs*

Post # 454
4149 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@pinkshoes:  So sorry you’re having a rough time.  I went through the SAME thing with my DH this weekend, and it was so damn frustrating.  We ended up in a fight about it too.  He told me he opened up to his brother this wknd and told him we’ve been trying for over a year, but we haven’t been fully invested in it because we’ve had so much travel going on so we haven’t really been hitting the window each month.  I was like, “Excuse me? We’ve hit the window every single cycle for 15 cycles except ONE.  I go out of my way to make sure we hit it every single cycle.”  He then proceeded to tell me that he thought we took a couple months off last year because of job timing for me (we didn’t – we talked about it but decided to keep trying) and that I’ve told him in the past that I O’d early so we didn’t get as many times in the window (which means we got 2 tries in instead of 3 or 4….still counts as trying that month!).  Even after me correcting him, he told me he completely disagrees that we’ve been trying for 15 cycles and that timing has been an issue many times.  I told him I’ll print 15 charts to show him that we have in fact tried every cycle but he wasn’t interested in that. SO, this long rant is to let you know that you’re definitely not alone and I can completely relate.  I think because they’re not in it every day, reading online, talking to people, charting, obsessing….they don’t realize how much we actually know about all of this, and that we ARE doing everything possible, it’s just not working.  Ugh, sorry for the rant.  Can you tell I’m still a little worked up?! Embarassed

Post # 455
602 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Just checking in with the results from our first ultrasound… We saw the ‘baby’ and its little heart beat flickers! The doctor said it was measuring 8 weeks exactly and our EDD is 6/8/14 like we thought πŸ™‚

phew!

we go back on the 21st to hear the heartbeat so that we can tell everyone at Thanksgiving πŸ™‚

Post # 456
15194 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  Rant away!  Mennnn!!!  I don’t understand why they won’t read up and learn like we do.  And then try to tell us as if they know what they are talking about! 

Post # 458
1009 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I very much hear the men vents!  This process is hard enough as it is, and given that it takes two to tango, its hard when your partner just doesn’t get it.  Mine hasn’t said anything doubting my own research on anything (he’d get quite the side eye if he did!), but sometimes he’ll say certain things that indicate that he’s just coasting along, probably reliant on my research, without a full understanding of what’s happening.  If I were to find an online video explaining the IVF process, I think he’d learn something about the process– and that’s something we’ve already gone through so he should know that stuff.  Sometimes he’ll say random things that leave me slack jawed in surprise as to how uninformed he is to everything we’re about to go through.  I try to patiently explain things, but I get frustrated that he can be so ignorant about something I eat, sleep, and breathe.  Sometimes I think I know so much because we’re talking about something that will happen in MY body, but his body has been through hell for all of this too.

Post # 459
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@WillowB:  I’m sorry about the temp drop but FX its not AF and it’s a sign of something good to come!

View original reply
@pinkshoes:  Aww, I’m sorry to hear you are feeling down.  The process is never easy and I can understand being frustrated when DH is not quite on the same page as you about the timing/process.  Hugs! I agree with 
View original reply
@Yellow.Clover: that the clomid has definitely helped bees who otherwise had no problems.  RoyalLime comes to mind. I really hope that you are able to come to plan you feel good about with your dr and that it happens really soon!

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  I just love you.

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  Sorry that you are also having frustrating conversations with your DH. I’m still really excited about your appt though…this week, right? Hugs lovely!

View original reply
@MySunshine:  Great update.  So excited for you!!

Post # 460
1068 posts
Bumble bee

Well here’s my update…I’m pregnant! I tested on Saturday at 12DPIUI (14DPTrigger) and got a BFP.  I was excited but not sure if it’s was possibly still the trigger.  I tested again later that day with a digital, also positive. I had my blood test this morning and the office called me at around 2:30 to confirm the news.  My beta is at 181, progesterone at 11.1 (I still feel like this is low…)

I’m over the moon happy and cannot begin to thank each and everyone of you and all the ladies that have shared time on this board with me for your continued support, kind words, love, prayers and general pick me ups.  I am praying hard that you all will get your bfps very very soon! XOXO!

Post # 461
602 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@BOGB:  WAHOO!!!! Congrats!!! That is so exciting…. and as far as the progesterone is concerned they can give you supplements if needed so id say youre just fine!! Glad to see another graduate! Lets keep these BFP’s coming!! I have a feeling that
View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  might be next with her 20mm follie!!

Post # 463
602 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@WillowB:  Are you taking a Vitamin B complex? I heard good things about it lengthening your LP so I started taking it… unfortunately i cant report back anything positive since it was the same cycle we got our bfp… but maybe it helped me stay in LP long enough that the baby had a chance to get set up and make some hormones… not a doctor or anything, but maybe it would help?

View original reply
@pinkshoes: 
View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate: typical men! My DH pulled a similar move on me… but he was more like it wasnt his job to figure out when we should BD since it was my body and I ‘keep track of that stuff’… i was like THERES AN APP FOR THAT!!! if he wanted to understand it better he totally could… ha! now that I am pregnant I am like “geeze I have to go potty all the time” and he’ll say “Youre not THAT pregnant… im pretty sure the baby is not big enough to squish your bladder”… wow! did you just pull that out of your @$$?!?! guh~ READ A friggin BOOK!

Post # 464
1068 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  πŸ™‚  yes ma’am. working on it now.  

View original reply
@MySunshine:  thank you!

Post # 465
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@WillowB:  Ahh honey, there’s always miracles and I hope one comes your way. You need to be your biggest advocate, insist your GP looks into your short LP and if he/she doesn’t find someone that will. Hope you get into the RE soon. Hugs.

View original reply
@pinkshoes:  I’m so sorry you are having such a rough day, don’t give up! I feel your frustrations, my DH is a little too calm and lackadaisical for my liking at times and doesn’t have much of a clue (When we first started he would ask my to POAS immediately after we BDed!) I try to look at it as him being positive for the both of us when I just can’t be. I have been fanatical with timing concerns as well. We are described as unexplained infertility which is super frustrating, I just wish I knew what to focus on trying to “fix” I also tried Clomid for 2 cycles just to try something (I plan to use it again next IUI cycle). I hope you find your positive side again soon. TTC can be so tough emotionally.

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  I’m okay, thanks for asking! We will be going on a beach vacation but right now I am struggling to find decent flights that don’t have layovers taking up our vacation time (was thinking Curucao but 32 hour travel time just isn’t doing it for me right now) I am so happy you arre relaxed in this TWW, hope that you get a beautiful Birthday surprise Wink

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  Ugh, sorry you had an argument with your DH, I think you are right that because they are less invested in the entire process they have little idea the length of time that you’ve been trying. Could it be possible that he just didn’t want to let on that you’ve been giving it your all because his ego was in the way? I know my DH admitted having a hard time with guys cracking the “I’ll give you a hand with that” jokes about me not being KU.

View original reply
@MySunshine:  So exciting!

View original reply
@BOGB:  Congratulations!!!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

I am so happy this thread has lit up again since the weekend!

Post # 466
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@MySunshine:  thanks for the advice. I did b complex for a couple months along with accupuncture but didn’t see much change. I also have a friend who is an obgyn who said that short LPs are controversial and that she personally focuses on other aspects of women’s cycles for treatment. I was a bit shocked because I thought that she’d for sure confirm my concerns. Last month when we got the appointment letter from the RE, I threw in the towel on all supplements except for my multi.  

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC part VIII – Let's Get Those BFP's!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors