(Closed) 1+ Year TTC part VIII – Let's Get Those BFP's!!

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 482
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@BOGB:  thanks love xox

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Thank you. I really hope so!

View original reply
@MrsMoksha:  Good luck. I hope everything goes well for you xox

View original reply
@HopefulForLittleOne:  
View original reply
@MrsBadger33:  I have been seeing my endo for over a year now (for over active also). He is very matter of fact and usually I’m in and out in a few minutes. He looks at my blood test results, changes my dosage if required and says see you next time. The first a time we had a longer consultation and he did some physical tests on my throat, hands e.t.c. I have only been on medication and at this stage I would never say yes to surgery because then I’d need to be on medication for the rest of my life. My dad has the same and he has been able to control it with medication, has been on and off it over time. On the other hand he wasn’t trying to get pregnant!!

Also, thank God for my wonderful husband who knows when I’m down with all of this and tries so hard to make me feel better.

Post # 483
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Thanks for all the love!! I will reply properly to all tomorrow when I’m on a computer.

Post # 484
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

lm going to do personals in a second but this was too much not to share. So last week after I ovulated, I found myself googling baby stuff, and browsing the pregnancy boards (ugh…  Why torture myself?!?!)  and I came across a cute post by a bee who had purchased these cute children’s story books about grandparents. I thought to myself that it would be a good idea for a pregnancy announcement  to send to my parents and the in laws someday when we got our BFP. So even though I knew it was a terrible idea, I ordered them on amazon. And for good measure, I ordered a book for DH titled ‘why I love my daddy’ for the day I’d get to announce to him as well….. Well….  AF showed up today and when I got home from work, the box from amazon was waiting for me (great timing universe!)  and to top it all off,  when in flipped the box over to open it, LOOK at the letters printed on the back side of the box!!  I’ll take it as a sign that wishful thinking isn’t allowed anymore… I feel like I’m being mocked…  Grrr.. 

Post # 485
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@BOGB:  wow!  I’m late joining this celebration….  Congrats!!  I’m so happy for you!  ๐Ÿ™‚ 

View original reply
@Novella:  sending you a big hug. My fb account is littered with pregnancy announcements and babies thesedays.  It sucks.  Hope your appointment goes well and that you get going on the treatment path you want soon! 

View original reply
@MrsMoksha:  Good luck with the surgery!! 

View original reply
@nyckitten:  Fx so tight for you that this is your cycle!!!!!  

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Praying that this month is it for you too.  Hope you and nyckitten both graduate this month!!! 

Sorry if I missed anybody. I’m updating from my mobile and it’s hard sometime!  

Post # 487
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

View original reply
@WillowB:  Ugh!  That’s why I’ve stayed away from ordering any baby stuff so far.  But, it’s sooo tempting and I totally understand why you did.  I agree with YellowClover.  Jst take it as a good sign!  Laughing

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Thanks, girl!  I’m really trying not to get my hopes up.  But, it would be awesome!  Let’s all get our BFP’s together and go join 
View original reply
@BOGB: on the July boards!! LaughingLaughingLaughing

AFM, last night was not so fun.  We found out that a teenage relative of DH’s just had a baby a few days ago (we didn’t know she was pregnant).  Apparently she had been thinking about giving the baby up for adoption but changed her mind once the baby was born.  It was so hard not to say, “We know a great home for the baby!  Are you sure about this?”  But, as nice as it would be to adopt from family (if she even wanted to), I’m afraid it could get really messy and probably not a situation we want to get involved in.  Of course, I also had the frustrated feelings of why can’t we get pregnant while we are trying so hard but some women who don’t even want a baby have it so easy.  Ugh!

Post # 488
142 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@WillowB:  That really is a kick in the teeth, damn you amazon!  

View original reply
@PumpkinSpiceChai:  Wouldn’t it be nice if the planets aligned perfectly and we all graduated at once, if only! I am sorry about the lovely surprise pregnancy, my mum is a foster carer, and has recently had a couple of babies pass through on the way to new parents, it is really hard to see them go, but at least I know that the parents really wanted them.

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  I have a feeling we are all visualising for all you ladies who are in the tww!

Post # 489
4149 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Good morning, ladies!  I thought I’d update about my RE appointment this morning.  It went really well!  Sorry in advance for this lengthy post….

CROSS POST FROM 6+:

The appointment was great! I’m feeling very excited and have some renewed hope.  The doctor was very caring and I liked him a lot.  He said he’d like to try some other avenues before IUI, which I was happy about. 

He asked me where I was in my cycle, and when I said I was ovulating in 2 days, he was excited because he wanted to do a sonogram to look at my uterus lining and follicles.  We did that, and when he pulled up the picture, he told me I was the poster child for a perfect pre-ovulation uterus because the lining looked great.  I had a few follicles on the right and then a huge one (20mm) on the left, which he said was ready to burst and would be where the egg comes from.  Yesterday, I was having shooting pain near my left ovary all day, like I’ve never experienced before.  I thought it was strange and mentioned it today, and he said the pain was probably due to the large follicle on the left, and hopefully this cycle may be a strong ovulation. So, that was exciting and got me hopeful for this cycle, since I haven’t felt anything like that before.  

He wants me to do an HSG after this cycle, partly to test for tube blockages but also to hopefully experience increased fertility in the month subsequent.  He said that while I don’t have anything that leads him to believe my tubes would be blocked, sometimes there’s mucus clogged up and just clearing that out can make a difference the next month.  Also, because of the discomfort with an HSG, he prescribes Valium and a painkiller to take before the procedure.  How great is that!??!  So, that eases my nerves about the procedure.  I have the prescriptions and will call if/when I get my period after this cycle.  

After that we have some options to consider.  He’s open to Clomid because even though I ovulate regularly, he said there’s been some proof to show that Clomid might still help us because of the boost to ovulation.  I was very happy to hear that he would give Clomid a try with me.  If that doesn’t work, we would most likely move on to IUI, but we didn’t talk about that much because we have some other things to do before we get to that point.

He also went over all of our past test results with us and confirmed that our results looke good, and something should work.  While it’s frustrating not to have an answer, having someone confirm that we’re ok gives me renewed hope that it will work, it’s just taking some time. So, we have some exciting stuff these next few months, and I think it’ll make them more bearable.  I’m excited to see how it all shakes out!

Post # 490
1099 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Went to RE today. I’m not sure how i feel about how it went. Appointment itself was fine, but I had to pay $320 for the appointment itself, when I was only expecting to pay $40 co-pay. She wants me to get an u/s of my uterus, progesterone level drawn, rubella and AMH(CD3 bloodwork), another more specific genetic tesT. All of this stuff, I have no idea if insurance is going to pay. I spoke with my insurance company and she said the reason I had to pay today because it was classified under the diagnosis of infertility, which no one has officially given me  yet. 

Good news is she wants to start IUI next cycle. We know we will have to pay for this ourselves, $350. 

Post # 491
15135 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:   I read a lot higher success after HSG also and the doctors that did mine mentioned it as well.  The procdure wasn’t nearly as bad as I had been expecting.  I just took an advil about 30-60 minutes before and didn’t feel a thing!  Everytime she said ‘ok, you’re going to feel a little pressure’, i barely felt it and when they injected the dye they said there’d be a cramping, it was for like a second.  I went back to work after it!  ๐Ÿ™‚  Hope that helps ease your mind some more about it.

Post # 492
4149 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@chelles07:  I’m sorry your RE visit was so pricey.  All of those tests were thing my RE required before seeing him, so I think that’s pretty standard.  I hope you find that your insurance will cover more than you expect.

View original reply
@pinkshoes:  Thanks for the reassurance – that makes me feel a lot better.  I don’t know why, but I’ve been scared of the HSG for months.  At least if I have really bad expectations, it can only be better than what I expect, right?! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 493
8880 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  What a great update, so glad that you have a great doctor. It looks so promising for you.  Will keep you in my prayers and have my FX!

View original reply
@chelles07:  Sorry about the cost of your visit, but glad you got in to see the RE. I pray that your IUI cycle is just the one and the BFP is around the corner!

Post # 494
1099 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  

so glad that your appointment went well today and that you are moving forward in a good direction. Hoping you don’t have to get the HSG done at all and that you get your BFP before that.

View original reply
@Lyndzo:  

thanks. It was just a bit of a sticker shock. I have never had to pay more than a copay payment to see a doctor ever, even for my very speacialized CF doctors. It just sucks that ‘infertility’ treatment is exempt from most insurance plans.

Post # 495
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@PumpkinSpiceChai:  Yes, please please please come join me. Nothing would make me happier!

Post # 496
1099 posts
Bumble bee

I really wish people would keep their opinions to themselves. DH got a text from his mom last night and he was busy doing something so he asked me to read it to him. I did, but I also noticed that before that text they had a conversation about my RE appointment yesterday.

She told him that she doesn’t understand why I am in such a hurry to have a baby. She said we should wait another year or 2 at least and then tr. An IUI. I cannot stop thinking about this. I thought she was someone we could count on as a support system. 

DH went on to tell her that my CF doctor said that the sooner I get pregnant the better. But I really don’t even know why we have to defend any of our decisions to her. 

When I asked DH last night if he would prefer waitung he basically went off on me. Saying why the hell did I even go to the appointment. 

I have to see his mom today and I am so tempted to give her a peice of my mind. Some people just don’t understand. I guess because my SIL has 2 kids she’s fine with that and doesn’t care if DH and I get pregnant at all. 

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC part VIII – Let's Get Those BFP's!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors