(Closed) 1+ Year TTC part VIII – Let's Get Those BFP's!!

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 498
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  eek!! I am so happy with your doctor and your update.  I already love your doctor so much for you.  He sounds wonderful and willing to give it his all to get you pregnant. YAY!!!!  and he is giving you some medication before your HSG, that’s freaking awesone.  I wished i had meds before mine :/   I will still be stalking you and the rest of the ladies here.  I can already see you sharing a BFP YAY!!! *KISSES*

View original reply
@chelles07:  I am sorry for your appointment and your MIL’s comment.  This is one the biggest reason why I decided to stay hush about my TTC issues.  People always got something to say and most of the time is never good ugh!  Hang in there, lady.  Brush off her ignorance and keep your head up.

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  We dont get trick or treaters either.  My house is up a heel and kids nowadays are too lazy to climb it lol …. Last year i only got two kids and i had to offer them water along with candy lol ….Happy Halloween, lady! :))

Post # 499
1226 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

View original reply
@WillowB:  OMG…that packaging is just too ironic.  I guess the universe is indeed trying to tell you something, though I’m not sure what! 

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Hope this “TWW” is going faster for you than it is for me!! 

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  So glad that your appointment went so well!  Yay! 

View original reply
@PumpkinSpiceChai:  Ugh…so sorry to hear about you relative.  Sigh…sometimes the world seems so not fair. 

View original reply
@chelles07:  Sorry your RE appointment was just so-so and for your MIL’s comment.  I had a similar situation with my Mother-In-Law saying she always thought we should wait to have kids longer anyway after we told her about our infertility and need for IVF.  So. Frustrating. Argh! 

AFM, not much going on…just waiting.  I’ll probably start peeing on sticks Saturday even though it’s a bit early because I like to let myself down gradually with the BFN’s.  Tuesday is HCG day.  

Post # 501
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

For any of you ladies who have seen an RE and have discussed or have done IVF, what kinds of questions should I ask at my first RE appointment? Were there any things that popped up later that you were unprepared for? I’m trying to write down everything that I think it important now, so that I don’t get flustered and forget something during our first appointment.

Post # 502
1226 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@WillowB:  One thing I didn’t think of to ask that has made a big difference is how communication is handled in the office.  Will you be communicating primarily with a nurse, a fellow, the RE him/herself?  Can you communicate by e-mail or will you be using phone answering services, etc?  Of course ask about costs.  Make sure to check out the success rate and other statistics through SART (google online), but also ask their opinion about options and success for someone like you — i.e., similar age, similar situation, etc.  

Post # 503
4149 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
@MrsR4ever:  HI!!  Thanks for the kind words, lady. I miss you!  I hope you’re feeling good and you’re enjoying the little bundle growing inside you!  XOXOX

View original reply
@chelles07:  Thanks, sweetie.  I’m sorry you’re having a rough couple days.  It is so frustrating when people want to give their two cents about TTC. Also, I find that my DH is pretty protective over his mom, like I have to tread carefully if I want to say something negative about something she’s done or said.  So, that may be part of what was going on with DH when he got upset.  One thing that helped me was opening up to my Mother-In-Law and explaining to her what we’re going through and why we’re making the choices we are.  Maybe it would help for you to talk to your Mother-In-Law about your CF doctor’s recommendation?  Just a suggestion but I understand if you’d rather not open up to others about that – whatever you feel comfortable with is what you should do. I hope your meeting with your Mother-In-Law went well today and that you’re feeling better. *hugs*

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Thanks, love!  XOX

View original reply
@nyckitten:  Thank you!

View original reply
@Lyndzo:  Thank you! OMG….your little girl is going to be here SO SOON!  I hope you’re feeling great!! XOXO

Post # 504
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

One more IVF question. I need to stop googling crap. I read an article that said that a lot of fertility clinics refuse to do IVF procedures if the patient has an increased BMI. I’ve always had a high BMI even at my lowest and healthiest weight. I’m active and lead a fairly healthy lifestyle but even with vigorous personal training, my weight hardly budges. I weight around 185 lbs, but most people including doctors, say I dont look more than 155-160lb range. I wear a size 12. So now I’m freaking out that my RE is going to tell me the lose weight before IVF, which is almost impossible for me. Now I’m even more stressed for this appointment.  πŸ™

Post # 506
1226 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@WillowB:  I think the weight issue depends on your RE / clinic and your personal situation and cause for infertility.  My impression is that the main reason that clinics would make you lose weight first is that often being overweight can contribute to your hormones being wacky and make it harder to get pregnant…so weight loss is the first step to try rather than going to the invasive step of IVF.  Am I recalling correctly that your issue is primarily MFI?  If so, I think it is less likely that they would make you try to lose weight first, but of course that depends on your clinic.  Those are just my thoughts but I never really talked to an RE about it because I’m normal weight, so I might be totally wrong!  There have definitely been girls on thsi board who have had IVF and have had weights on the higher side, so I would try not to worry about it too much until you see your RE! 

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  Even if I test this weekend I don’t think I would post it here because I don’t want everyone to go through the roller coaster with me!  Part of me doesn’t want to test early, but part of me does.  I guess we’ll see how I feel over the weekend.  I feel like my clinic does the tests pretty early as it is (8dp6dt…earlier than at my last clinic) so I probably won’t have too much advance notice anyway, but I have some important meetings on my HCG day so sort of want to know if it’s going to be negative beforehand so I can process a bit and don’t end up a basket case in my meetings!  

Post # 507
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
@nyckitten:  Having everything crossed for you, pretty!!

Post # 508
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

View original reply
@hardtoconcentrate:  So glad to hear that your appointment went well!  Isn’t it awesome to feel like you are making progress?  

View original reply
@WillowB:  Try not to stress until you have your apopintment.  Hopefully the RE will take your overall health into account and won’t fuss about BMI.

View original reply
@Yellow.Clover:  How many DPO are you?  So excited for you!!!

View original reply
@nyckitten:  Can’t wait to hear good news from you!

AFM, I’m 11 DPO.  This cycle has actually been flying by.  But, at this point, I’m just so ready to know already.  I have a feeling that it isn’t good news.  Last night I started to notice some signs of impending AF – grouchiness, cramps, etc.  But, today not so much so we’ll just have to see. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Post # 509
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hi ladies, I have been following along, patiently waiting for some exciting news, but have had nothing to contribute. AF is playing a little trick on me and gearing up to come early. I’m working nights right now and had some spotting on my underwear at 6am and today is CD26 but nothing since, but then again I just woke up and she tends to be a little lazier when I’m asleep.

I am hoping a certain Birthday Bee has an especially good weekend and is treated like a Queen Bee this weekend Wink

View original reply
@nyckitten:  You don’t need to ride the rollercoaster alone, we’re all here for you!

Post # 510
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

And like clockwork, I post about spotting and AF arrives. I know CD1 counts as first full day of flow but I am wondering if being that I worked nights and AF arrived at 1:30 in the afternoon  can I count today as CD1 – I am just questioning as I will be taking Clomid CD 3-7. Or should I stick with tomorrow as CD1? Too Much Information but I usually only have 2 or 3 days of flow.  Let’s get this IUI cycle started!

Post # 511
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

Update: Nevermind, AF has left -WTF Crazy [email protected]#^h! Halloween is over enough with the tricks!!! Maybe tomorrow will be CD1!

The topic ‘1+ Year TTC part VIII – Let's Get Those BFP's!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors